Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

I told her the two were trolling for sex and their words were their bait.
Help a nice girl understand guys a little.  
BTW she told troll #2 to FO.

View Quote

She went back up to an 8 for me personality wise

House parties? I am 28 (if she is in to slightly older men ) and I think we now call that social gatherings or a Tuesday night.

Those guys sound like college douches. I don't think I ever acted like that. She knows what she is doing, and momma bear sounds like she cares, so I don't think you will let her make a poor decision.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some reason I bet you both thrive on Facebook
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

Why?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

House parties? I am 28 (if she is in to slightly older men ) and I think we now call that social gatherings or a Tuesday night.

Those guys sound like college douches. I don't think I ever acted like that. She knows what she is doing, and momma bear sounds like she cares, so I don't think you will let her make a poor decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She's a good person.  I remember the ackward stage of feeling bad for rejecting men.

FWIW it was a BBQ a coworker had.  I called it a party, which for an old person my age it was but way more mellow than a frat party or typical college party
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?
Good question, FWIW she doesn't FB and I do for my business and visiting with family and friends.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
tell your  daughter that any guy who starts off with anything other than a simple hello and a friendly smile is a loser.

also, if she finds someone off-putting or just plain creepy, they probably are, and she should get away from them fast.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
23 years old at a party on a thursday, is she in ferguson mo.?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pics?

View Quote

Yeah...is this wrong?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think tall women are very attractive. I also think that short and medium height are very attractive as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I married at 19 so I have no experience either.  I spent my 20's supporting her father.

She is insecure with her looks, she should be, but it isn't easy being 6'3 for her.

She went to school after highschool and just didn't know what she wanted to do, dropped out after a year and has been working as a software security officer for the Army.  She's going back to school next month to get her computer software engineering degree.  I tell her all the time to focus on her education and herself............but so far she's never listened to my advice.    

Is she insecure about her looks because of her height?

Height doesn't mean much if you found and enjoy being with a good person.

She shouldn't have a complex because of something she cannot control.

If I were 6'3" I'd spend my days hunting down tall, lanky Norwegian and Swedish men

I think tall women are very attractive. I also think that short and medium height are very attractive as well.

I'm 6' in heels
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't what number 2 said one of those stupid things mentioned on those dumbass pickup websites?
View Quote

Yeah sort of. But over the top assholish stuff like that isn't going to work on an average girl. It's for the super hot girls that are used to guys worshipping them.

A lot of the pickup stuff works to an extent. But most guys completely do it wrong and blow it hard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I never did the party phase.

If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.

Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell her to stay out of parties. They're human cesspools.

I'd bet you're fun at part..wait nvmd.For real though,young people+booze= not a good place to meet a potential SO.I must be getting old or something,I can't believe I just typed that.

I never did the party phase.

If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.

Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.

You owe me a new keyboard.

I'm stealing that line when my daughters get older.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Should have kicked both n the balls.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go for the gold, guys that got the juice get hit on, set her sights high. Men shop down, women shop up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.
View Quote

Deliberate and often effective tactic to make her prove to him that she's better than a 7 ... by, you know ...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
playing on a girls self esteem works sad but true .....     she will know when the right man is in her life.......   take her to the range .      at least you know then men there are not gun grabbing wimps
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#17]
If she's drinking, carry a knife and pepper spray depending on your laws.

I didn't become an asshole until I got married (just ask my wife) so I'm not sure on what exactly is going on in their head, although it's easy to assume. A lot of over grown boys are assholes at that age and in that setting.

Number one, she needs to be careful at parties and selective as to which parties she goes to. Going with a trusted friend is better. Not going is best. I generally didn't go to parties that could get out of control, even at that age.
Secondly, she sounds like she's clear and firm, which she has to be at all times with idiots like that.
Third, self defense training. Know what to do, when to do it and how. Is a drink to the face good enough to break contact or should it be a knee to the nuts, etc.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Generaly speaking, she should be looking for a good father figure family type of man who can take care of himself, with no drnikin/drugs habits, who either works full time or studies full time. Anything less is an absolute waste of time for a woman.
Never lower the standards when it comes to that.
View Quote

This.  Tell her to talk to the quite guy.  The ones hitting her up are the ones to avoid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Men at that age are all about the ass.  Most of them are not very smart about their approach either.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

pics?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Most guys that age are not looking to settle down, they are just looking to nail as many women as possible and will say and do darn near anything if they think it will get them laid. Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of good guys that age out there, tell her to look more at the shy quiet ones, she should have a better experience with them. Me and my brothers were all the shy quiet ones, my younger brother never went through that chasing tail stage and is still married to the women he met when he was 20, I didn't hit my chasing tail stage until after my second divorce when I was in my mid 30's and got past being shy and intimated by beautiful women.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sounds like she'd doing ok, those guys might have stood a chance if they had brought their A game. People get what they accept, and she's not accepting unsat behavior.

To most guys in her age bracket, she's a warm, wet hole. Those guys probably read those PUA articles which claim that insulting girls will get guys laid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a 24 y.o guy...tell her not to let these morons bother her, they sound like they still have some growing up to do. She rejected them and they didn't know how to handle it, so they resorted to name calling.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Tell her to make sure the guy is worthy of her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Men at that age are all about the ass.  Most of them are not very smart about their approach either.

View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If she wants to narrow down the field a bit, tell her to look for a guy at least 25, college degree and employed.
View Quote

I'm not a boor either! I treat women like the beautiful, mysterious beings they are! They must be cared for like a fragile flower, safe from all the sharp winds and dangerousness out there!

From what I understand, chicks like guys who are assertive. Most guys are not, so they pretend to be by being blunt and rude, sometimes downright abusive. Girls can't see through the facade and sploosh over that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

House parties are a lousy place to find nice dudes.

And to be perfectly blunt, I never went to one looking for a "nice girl", either.

She sounds like she handled herself well, though.
View Quote

And this, too.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ETA: They were just looking to get laid. That's what parties are for these days anyway.
View Quote

That's what parties have always been for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Great advice everyone.  My daughter can and does shoot quite well. She still hunts annually.  I'm really hoping going to college raises the bar in picking choices she has had.  We live in a small rural town of 10k, the pick of the litters have left.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
She did fine.

Get her some pepper spray for the really insistent ones.

If Rape is on the menu, nothing else will do except 9mm to the face.

That's how you deal with (rude) "men"

However a real man will never give her problems like you describe.
View Quote

A knee to the balls. Or better yet act like shes into it then rip his cock off
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

*That was a typo, she shouldn't be insecure with her looks, she is very pretty, she is just very tall.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell her to stay out of parties. They're human cesspools.

I'd bet you're fun at part..wait nvmd.For real though,young people+booze= not a good place to meet a potential SO.I must be getting old or something,I can't believe I just typed that.

I never did the party phase.If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.
I didn't really get into it either,to be honest I wouldn't have had much luck anyway as I was a total bumblefuck when it came to the ladies.

I married at 19 so I have no experience either.  I spent my 20's supporting her father.

She is insecure with her looks, she should be, but it isn't easy being 6'3 for her.

She went to school after highschool and just didn't know what she wanted to do, dropped out after a year and has been working as a software security officer for the Army.  She's going back to school next month to get her computer software engineering degree.  I tell her all the time to focus on her education and herself............but so far she's never listened to my advice.    

Hell no.That's bad juju.ETA..that's a bad way to be,a person should never worry about things they have no control over.

*That was a typo, she shouldn't be insecure with her looks, she is very pretty, she is just very tall.  

I think we'd see eye to eye. Literally
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#36]
sounds like she acquitted herself just fine--hopefully she didn't allow it to have any kind of emotional impact.  generally, guys in that age range are at a very difficult point in terms of identity-formation.  they feel no different than they did when they were 19, but they're starting to understand that there are expectations of them as men rather than as boys.  and they've usually lost ("outgrown") the structures that teach them.  it can be a very awkward time as they try to find their own way towards 'how a man behaves'.  

the people who talked about house parties have it right.  you don't go to a house party for meaningful human interaction.  you go because it's a zoo--because you want to see and enjoy the funny stuff that the animals do.  so when apes like those behave as apes normally do, it should be a funny and expected thing, not anything that should affect her self-esteem or emotional well-being.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It goes both ways

Church groups and extracurriculars are a good place to meet decent guys.  Join a coed softball/kickball league with some friends etc.  Find a man with a mature approach to dating.

- mid 20's guy.
View Quote

I was going to warn you about those church guys.  My son in law, darn his hide, has no shortcomings at all!!!  He doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, he has a super family, and he has been gainfully employed as long I have known him, since high school, about ten years now.  He treats my daughter like a queen.  He even helps me carry big heavy furniture.  They are having a baby January 1.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow.  What a couple of idiots.  

The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7.
View Quote

Who the fuq says that?  Seriously.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#39]
The Arfcom approved GD photo...be nice.  Anyone who wants a date send me resume, letter of introduction, credit history and photos of any firearms lost tragically in a boating accident.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=231092888326&id=833548326&set=a.231084778326.176849.833548326&source=43&refid=56&ref=bookmark

I can't figure out how to post with my phone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

What... you have a 23 yo daughter/ , i thought you were 23

View Quote
Smooooth operator

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#41]
stupid drunk guys.....She should expect a lot of that if she's going to parties/bars where males her age are drinking. At that age all they want to do is have fun and nail the first thing that walks by.

She'll have a nicer time meeting guys where alcohol isn't involved and maybe going for a someone a few years older if she wants a real relationship.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

a nice swift knee to the balls works good too when they go too far and she has some back up
I have 4 girls and sometimes I want to go on a rampage
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People are dicks, welcome to reality.

That said, nothing wrong with responsible casual sex.
Get as much of it as you want while you still can, because you're not going to be pissing coca cola and shitting rainbows all your life.

You got a very small window

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
23 y/o boys men are just that, boys.
men.
She is college aged and the vast majority of penis owners in that range see her as nothing more than a conquest. If she is looking for a hookup, life is good. If she is looking for a relationship based on love, trust, and mutual interests she is going to be disappointed greatly with her generation.

How to deal with boys men. is pretty simple. Steer clear of douchey trendfags and look for someone with a plan.

I would suggest that she date casually for the next 4-6 years and solidify what her wants and needs are. If she can make it that long without having a kid, the world of more mature guys who have cast off boyish things will be her oyster.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#45]
sounds like she handled herself pretty well,shame she had to deal with two assholes back to back
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Send her my way OP . I'll treat her right, the southern way, and take her shooting

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

23 y/o boys men are just that, boys.

men.

She is college aged and the vast majority of penis owners in that range see her as nothing more than a conquest. If she is looking for a hookup, life is good. If she is looking for a relationship based on love, trust, and mutual interests she is going to be disappointed greatly with her generation.

How to deal with boys men. is pretty simple. Steer clear of douchey trendfags and look for someone with a plan.

I would suggest that she date casually for the next 4-6 years and solidify what her wants and needs are. If she can make it that long without having a kid, the world of more mature guys who have cast off boyish things will be her oyster.

i'm going to agree with berserker, not your edit.  "man" and "boy" are determined by behavior, not chronology.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
23 seems a little old for drunken house parties.  That was a middleschool-highschool thing, when I was growing up.

Tell her to not look for a date at one, and preferably stop going to them altogether.

View Quote

Party pooper

Get your logical advice out of here
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Young guys are stupid and justing looking to get laid.
View Quote

Young women are just as stupid and looking to get laid too.

They're just more picky and will get upset when they're rejected but will turn around and hand it out like candy without batting an eye.
'
All's fair in love and war
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We are pigs.  We think only about sex and food (alcohol is included under food).  

Those two guys sounded like Grade A assholes and it sounds like she handled herself well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are pigs.  We think only about sex and food (alcohol is included under food).  

Those two guys sounded like Grade A assholes and it sounds like she handled herself well.

...sounds about right for guys that age
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top