Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

Religious groups have tried to crush "non-believers" for centuries - and when I say "crush," I mean, "murdered."

I just think it's comical when Christians get upset about Atheists raising a fuss about something like this - what the fuck were Christians doing for the last 2,000 years to non-Christians? The last time I checked, the Spanish Inquisition wasn't established to be fair and accepting of other viewpoints.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

don't like his policies, don't buy his pies.

I don't get the issue.

Of course you get the issue.

Busy body atheist group who try to crush religion is no new concept.

Religious groups have tried to crush "non-believers" for centuries - and when I say "crush," I mean, "murdered."

I just think it's comical when Christians get upset about Atheists raising a fuss about something like this - what the fuck were Christians doing for the last 2,000 years to non-Christians? The last time I checked, the Spanish Inquisition wasn't established to be fair and accepting of other viewpoints.

So.  What's your ancestry and their background, just so we know what to hold you, personally, accountable for?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp - militant atheists exist because of militant/outspoken religious organizations.

It's not like non-believers woke up one day and decided to go on a Christian hating offensive completely out of nowhere...

EDIT: And for the record, I don't hate Christians - nor do I think it's right that Atheist groups attack Christians - I'm just trying to make the point that Christians do exactly the same thing to Atheists - it's ridiculous to assume that only Atheists are guilty of this kind of butt-hurt crap - Christians are just as guilty of doing exactly the same thing.

View Quote

We're talking about a dude trying to sell pizza right? Where's the Tilt-O-Whirl?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So.  What's your ancestry and their background, just so we know what to hold you, personally, accountable for?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

I don't get the issue.

Not to mention the fact that atheist ideals have killed more people than all people killed in all wars combined...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp - militant atheists exist because of militant/outspoken religious organizations.

It's not like non-believers woke up one day and decided to go on a Christian hating offensive completely out of nowhere...

EDIT: And for the record, I don't hate Christians - nor do I think it's right that Atheist groups attack Christians - I'm just trying to make the point that Christians do exactly the same thing to Atheists - it's ridiculous to assume that only Atheists are guilty of this kind of butt-hurt crap - Christians are just as guilty of doing exactly the same thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, you want reparations or something?

It's called hypocrisy - that's the only point I was trying to make.

So if Christian complains about someone doing bad things to them, they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition?

Obama IRS audits them?  If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition?

Nation of Islam burns down a church?  If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition..

Christian kids are beaten by a gang of atheists.   If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition.

You're a genius!

Lay off.

He's clearly a victim of Christian Privledge.

Therefore Christians are always wrong because of some mis perceived slight that happened to someone else centuries before he was born.

Please cite sources describing Christian groups suing atheists to force them to stop doing something.

This millennium, please.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if Christian complains about someone doing bad things to them, they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition?

Obama IRS audits them?  If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition?

Nation of Islam burns down a church?  If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition..

Christian kids are beaten by a gang of atheists.   If they complain they are hypocrites, because of the Spanish Inquisition.

You're a genius!

Lay off.

Therefore Christians are always wrong because of some mis perceived slight that happened to someone else centuries before he was born.

No, JERKS attack each other.

Belief structure is superfluous.

Like every whack job "into" guns is a "gun nut".

Broad brush and all that.
Everyone has the right to believe what they want.
Everyone has a right to be wrong.

I will neither ridicule or go out of my way to screw with someone who has a different belief structure, though I may (respectfully) share my beliefs with them.

Folks who actively attack or publicly ridicule those they disagree with are jerks, plain and simple.
Christian or atheist.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You think they'll ever start their own dating system?  Since we date on BC and AD, it MUST offend them, no?  At least it upsets my Liberal Art History professor (forced elective category -- only course that fit my schedule).
View Quote

BCE/CE

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a Christian and it makes me oh so very happy that atheists all around the world have to use a calendar based on the year Jesus was born.
BC AD
View Quote

Meh.

I get days off work because of your mythology. I'm fine with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

I don't get the issue.

You are comparing current day actions of a pizza shop owner pertaining to a discount...on pizza....with the actions of people hundreds of years ago?

Got it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're a genius!

Lay off.

Bullshit. Militant atheists exist for the same reason tambourine whackers, militant gays, and any other extremist shitbag exists. Because they are so convinced that their way is best way, that any and all action taken to further my idea is justified. And anybody who believes different than I do is clearly evil and deserving of any action I take. Don't church it up son, it's all the same brand of bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not to mention the fact that atheist ideals have killed more people than all people killed in all wars combined...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

I don't get the issue.

Communism/fascism/totalitarianism =/= atheism
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bullshit. Militant atheists exist for the same reason tambourine whackers, militant gays, and any other extremist shitbag exists. Because they are so convinced that their way is best way, that any and all action taken to further my idea is justified. And anybody who believes different than I do is clearly evil and deserving of any action I take. Don't church it up son, it's all the same brand of bullshit.  
View Quote

I like that
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like that

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that

Tired of the "My bullshit is better than your bullshit" pitch. From everybody. Just had enough. All the wacktivists sound like sniveling bitches to me. That crap sets brother against brother. seen it in my own family.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don't the atheist pretend the discount doesn't exist?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that wouldn't get the outrage train rollin now would it?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

He should offer the same discount for people with a CCW permit so everyone can participate Oh wait. Fundamental Atheist's tend to be libtards and libtards think guns are icky. That would give them more butt hurt.

View Quote

Please define: "Fundamentalist atheist"

I think what you mean to say is: members of libtard advocacy groups (like the FFRF) tend to be libtards.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

I don't get the issue.

lol...so if all Christians are to be held accountable for the Inquisition btw..google up how many victims that actually has] should all atheists be held accountable for the 100 million plus that Stalin and Mao killed?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

I don't get the issue.

too bad you had to use fallacies, to try and make your point.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why don't the theists just pretend the atheists will be punished by god for bringing the lawsuit?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't go to church so I don't get a discount.  What is there to whine about.  I am not a senior citizen so I don't get that discount either.  If you don't want to be excluded then join the church.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Agnostic and I don't give a flying fuck. Their business their rules. I'd happily buy from them without the discount, so long as the pizza was good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Agnostic and I don't give a flying fuck. Their business their rules. I'd happily buy from them without the discount, so long as the pizza was good.
View Quote

Yup, FFRF what a bunch of fuckwits.  I just went to their facebook page, looks like a bunch of fucking liberal big government fellators

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:14:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Those pesky atheists are at it again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#24]
This is more proof that atheists hate God, not disbelieve in him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:20:33 AM EDT
[#25]
This is one of those stories where it's real easy to identify the assholes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is one of those stories where it's real easy to identify the assholes.
View Quote

When is an atheist story not like that?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dupe. See the LaRue thread.
View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:30:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Seems like it would be easier to grab a napkin, scribble on it and call it from the church of the flying spaghetti monster or whatever it is.

Get discount, no complaining and move on with life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Seems like it would be easier to grab a napkin, scribble on it and call it from the church of the flying spaghetti monster or whatever it is.

Get discount, no complaining and move on with life.

Well, ya see, the ones bitching aren't even from there:

But when the Searcy, Arkansas restaurateur decided to mix church and cheese it gave a group of out-of-town atheists a bad case of indigestion.

So this really doesn't even affect them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How the fuck do those Wisconsin fuckwits even get standing?
View Quote

In just about every one of these types of disputes, it seems that the "offended party" has no standing but this shit keeps happening.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:33:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So this really doesn't even affect them.
View Quote

God affects everyone!!

Oh wait..............
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:15:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm an atheist. Don't care what the rest of you believe that's up to you. I think it's all crazy but I will fight for your rights to believe what you want. As long as you offer me the same courtesy.

So as a 'militant atheist' if I were sitting in a resteraunt and a Christian got a discount I wouldn't give a fuck . Good for them his shop his rules.

Why would you care over a few dollars.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm an atheist. Don't care what the rest of you believe that's up to you. I think it's all crazy but I will fight for your rights to believe what you want. As long as you offer me the same courtesy.

So as a 'militant atheist' if I were sitting in a resteraunt and a Christian got a discount I wouldn't give a fuck . Good for them his shop his rules.

View Quote
Its the entitlement mentality that runs deep in our society today.

Atheists, who span the whole spectrum of politics in this country, are not magically immune to this type of thinking.

"I want my fair share (aka, what other people have)".

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:21:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Atheists, who span the whole spectrum of politics in this country, are not magically immune to this type of thinking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could also be that they are just lunatics like the WBC people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#34]
No goods or services are being denied anybody.  A seniors or veterans discount would also be illegal as they interpret the law.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, at least they don't protest funerals......yet.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey, at least they don't protest funerals......yet.

View Quote

Although I poke fun at atheists the WBC people set the fucking standard in ABSOLUTE lunacy IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#37]
As an atheist, these atheists are stupid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#38]
His pizzas, his rules.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Tired of the "My bullshit is better than your bullshit" pitch. From everybody. Just had enough. All the wacktivists sound like sniveling bitches to me. That crap sets brother against brother. seen it in my own family.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that

This is really the same thing as the genocide of ISIS, different degree by far, but the same thing.  It all falls under "you don't believe what I believe so you will be forced/punished."  The new "freedoms" in this country, gay marriage, smoking weed and crap like this represent not individual freedom but a shift in the direction of a tyranny of the majority.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You think they'll ever start their own dating system?  Since we date on BC and AD, it MUST offend them, no?  At least it upsets my Liberal Art History professor (forced elective category -- only course that fit my schedule).
View Quote

He he, every time someone writes the date they just acknowledged Jesus Christs existence. Someone should tell them this, lol.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're a genius!

Lay off.

Wow you're really out there, grasping at anything to keep from falling into the abyss, lol.  The only thing a good Christian does is try to get people to believe in Christ and follow Him, anything else is garbage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He should offer the same discount for people with a CCW permit so everyone can participate Oh wait. Fundamental Atheist's tend to be libtards and libtards think guns are icky. That would give them more butt hurt.

View Quote

Fundamental atheist?

I kind of get what you're trying to say, but there is only one rule of atheism and it's pretty much inviolable.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wow you're really out there, grasping at anything to keep from falling into the abyss, lol.  The only thing a good Christian does is try to get people to believe in Christ and follow Him, anything else is garbage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said he was talking about good Christians?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]
how is he keeping them from getting church bulletins

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Papa John's offers people with used baseball game tickets a discount.

You have no idea how angry that makes me feel, because I don't like baseball.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

how is he keeping them from getting church bulletins

View Quote
Google image search, ctrl+P, discounted pizza.

How hard is that?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#47]
So the Atheist can go to any church and get a bulletin or print one out, viola discount! It is not like the pizza place is demanding they swear belief in God at the cash register.

That said, mixing religion with business is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top