Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're telling people that go to the range once a week, revere the founding fathers and have their own highly organized ammo horde and distribution system that they really don't support gun rights.

The biggest difference I noticed between a Mormon church and other Christian denominations is that there were a lot more children, like saturation levels of babies and kids in the congregation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And if Michael Bloomberg claimed to be a gun-rights supporter, you would have no criticism of his claim.

Rrrright.

We all believe that.  Sure.

You're telling people that go to the range once a week, revere the founding fathers and have their own highly organized ammo horde and distribution system that they really don't support gun rights.

The biggest difference I noticed between a Mormon church and other Christian denominations is that there were a lot more children, like saturation levels of babies and kids in the congregation.
Remember hearing that "Woosh!" over your head a minute ago?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
any active members feel like answering a few questions for a non-active one via PM? Thinking about returning, but I have a few issues.
View Quote

IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry, I don't believe a word of that. Baptists do not baptize children, and do not believe baptism is necessary for salvation or to go to Heaven.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I attended a Baptist private school for 2 years, and had to listen to this kinda persecution the whole time.  "You're going to hell!" this, and "Little babies that died before being baptized are going to hell! that.  

Either you did not "attend a Baptist church" or you didn't pay attention, because no Baptist believes that.

When Mr.  Cochran clearly stated this in Bible Class at the Baptist private school I attended, a very dark spirit immediately entered the room and hushed the voice of the girl who simply asked:

"Mr. Cochran, if it says that you can't go to heaven if you aren't baptized, what happens to little babies that die before they get a chance?"

"Going to hell."

Silence.....

This discussion arose after we were reading in the New Testament about The Savior's conversation with Nicodemus in John, Chapter 3.  Thankfully, my Faith in Christ wasn't crushed because of the ignorance of someone in a position of authority, and I spent those years holding my tongue whenever false doctrine would pour from the mouths of God's children who had been misled their entire lives.

In Christ's True Gospel, we have hope and repentance, even for those who didn't get a chance in this earth life to learn of Him because of the sins of man.  In that Church, they hit the default button repeatedly, which was simply, "You're going to hell."

Sorry, I don't believe a word of that. Baptists do not baptize children, and do not believe baptism is necessary for salvation or to go to Heaven.

Wow! Now not even Baptists can be Baptist!

Where does it end???
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You haven't taken the time to listen.  Since the Savior is the Only Begotten of the Father, is God's Son, then that makes him a God.  Nowhere in Christ's true Church will you once find the Savior being excluded from deity. Either you have it in your head that Mormon's believe otherwise, or you're just not listening.  When some purveyor of lies told you that, "Mormon's don't believe Jesus is God, they believe he is the brother of the Devil."  It was a lie.  There really isn't much more to it.

If you've been lied to about that, then what else did they lie about?

Pretty much everything.  Kinda places a minister in a bad place if he's been lying to his flock about other people's faiths.  Maybe he isn't such a reliable source for information.  Then factor in that he is paid, and it takes on another level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's kinda sad to see one of the last Christian sects who actually used to read and study the Bible become less and less familiar with it.  As Christian Latter-Day Saints, we love the Bible, and dedicate our lives to studying it.  It's a pillar of our Faith.  That's not good enough for the persecutors, as they won't be happy until we renounce Christ, and join them by supporting a paid ministry of corruption and condemnation.  We preach the Gospel of hope and repentance, while being attacked and ridiculed by men filled with hate and judgement, claiming eternal damnation if we aren't part of their approved list.

What is the approved list of "Christian" churches now, by the way?  Especially now that several churches have turned their backs on God with the blowing in the wind on critical doctrine, in respect to the world over revealed scripture, if one wants to avoid being persecuted as a Mormon, but still wants to be called a Christian, who determines that list of Churches, and who updates it when some of those Churches go off the reservation with regard to degeneracy?

Are you crazy? Those of us attacking this doctrine want you to admit that JESUS is GOD. God's own word says that is how you test an evil sprit. Are you that dense are or have not really read God's word.

You haven't taken the time to listen.  Since the Savior is the Only Begotten of the Father, is God's Son, then that makes him a God.  Nowhere in Christ's true Church will you once find the Savior being excluded from deity. Either you have it in your head that Mormon's believe otherwise, or you're just not listening.  When some purveyor of lies told you that, "Mormon's don't believe Jesus is God, they believe he is the brother of the Devil."  It was a lie.  There really isn't much more to it.

Pretty much everything.  Kinda places a minister in a bad place if he's been lying to his flock about other people's faiths.  Maybe he isn't such a reliable source for information.  Then factor in that he is paid, and it takes on another level.

Interesting So Jesus is A God. No I do not trust evil man enough to teach me anything that isn't inside my own sinful heart. So is Jesus THE God or a god?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Mormons must make great lawyers
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where does it end???
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I attended a Baptist private school for 2 years, and had to listen to this kinda persecution the whole time.  "You're going to hell!" this, and "Little babies that died before being baptized are going to hell! that.  

Either you did not "attend a Baptist church" or you didn't pay attention, because no Baptist believes that.

When Mr.  Cochran clearly stated this in Bible Class at the Baptist private school I attended, a very dark spirit immediately entered the room and hushed the voice of the girl who simply asked:

"Mr. Cochran, if it says that you can't go to heaven if you aren't baptized, what happens to little babies that die before they get a chance?"

"Going to hell."

Silence.....

This discussion arose after we were reading in the New Testament about The Savior's conversation with Nicodemus in John, Chapter 3.  Thankfully, my Faith in Christ wasn't crushed because of the ignorance of someone in a position of authority, and I spent those years holding my tongue whenever false doctrine would pour from the mouths of God's children who had been misled their entire lives.

In Christ's True Gospel, we have hope and repentance, even for those who didn't get a chance in this earth life to learn of Him because of the sins of man.  In that Church, they hit the default button repeatedly, which was simply, "You're going to hell."

Where does it end???
Indeed. According to my 99% Baptist family he is completely wrong and going to hell for it. Weird stuff. I do believe there are a ton of different Baptist groups though.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does belief in exaltation make Latter-day Saints polytheists?
For some observers, the doctrine that humans should strive for godliness may evoke images of ancient pantheons with competing deities. Such images are incompatible with Latter-day Saint doctrine. Latter-day Saints believe that God’s children will always worship Him. Our progression will never change His identity as our Father and our God. Indeed, our exalted, eternal relationship with Him will be part of the “fulness of joy” He desires for us.

I assume the god of this world had a Father (god)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good... Then the link I directed you to is straight-from-the-horses-mouth so to speak...

So, it does look like the god of this world worships his Father.

What paragraph are you referring to...?
For some observers, the doctrine that humans should strive for godliness may evoke images of ancient pantheons with competing deities. Such images are incompatible with Latter-day Saint doctrine. Latter-day Saints believe that God’s children will always worship Him. Our progression will never change His identity as our Father and our God. Indeed, our exalted, eternal relationship with Him will be part of the “fulness of joy” He desires for us.

The origins of God in the Latter-Day Church are similar to the earliest Christian beliefs...

Latter-day Saint beliefs would have sounded more familiar to the earliest generations of Christians than they do to many modern Christians. Many church fathers (influential theologians and teachers in early Christianity) spoke approvingly of the idea that humans can become divine. One modern scholar refers to the “ubiquity of the doctrine of deification”—the teaching that humans could become God—in the first centuries after Christ’s death.11 The church father Irenaeus, who died about A.D. 202, asserted that Jesus Christ “did, through His transcendent love, become what we are, that He might bring us to be what He is Himself.”12 Clement of Alexandria (ca. A.D. 150–215) wrote that “the Word of God became man, that thou mayest learn from man how man may become God.”13 Basil the Great (A.D. 330–379) also celebrated this prospect—not just “being made like to God,” but “highest of all, the being made God.”

As for your assumption... Assumptions and conjecture are interesting... But not much more than the link I posted is known and taught as formal doctrine.

Assumptions and conjecture... Sure. Doctrine.... See the link I posted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Do you think it is smug to understand doctrine? Do you know what that means? Do you understand that their is a daily fight for your soul that you can not see with your eyes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got news for you (and I've been waiting for you to prove me wrong), not just in vain but you are helping the other side Good luck with your works

[yawn]

Enjoy your smugness... errr... "heaven".

Do you think it is smug to understand doctrine? Do you know what that means? Do you understand that their is a daily fight for your soul that you can not see with your eyes?

Do you study the pre-credal church much...

Or just the post-credal church?

You would be a little lighter on your remarks if you knew how similar the Latter-Day Church is to the early pre credal Church...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now that is interesting, because when Joseph Smith came on the scene he called Christians of his day all kinds of things:

"My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right — and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in His sight: that those professors were all corrupt . . ." (Joseph Smith, "History of the Church, Vol. 1, page 5-6.)

"What is it that inspires professors of Christianity generally with a hope of salvation? It is that smooth, sophisticated influence of the devil, by which he deceives the whole world." ("Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith," Compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, page 270.)

(In questions directed to Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. . .)
First -- "Do you believe the Bible?"
If we do, we are the only people under heaven that does, for there are none of the religious sects of the day that do."
Third — "Will everybody be damned, but Mormons?"
Yes, and a great portion of them, unless they repent, and work righteousness." (Teachings, page 119.)

So Smith said Christian preachers were corrupt ... Christians of his day were following the devil ... Christians of his day didn't believe the Bible ... and that Christians of his day were going to hell.

So.

Was Smith's heart full of hatred like you accuse others of having hearts full of hate?

Or does Smith get a pass?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, I'm DogfacePappy, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of of Latter-day Saints and a disciple of Jesus Christ as well.. I'm also a Christian.  Shane333 is MUCH better spoken than I am. I'm more like Peter. I get really emotional, people lose ears, things like that. I spend a lot of time repenting. I'm oft the problem child amongst us. How ya doin'?

http://ladylibertyslamp.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

By what authority do you recognize or not recognize someone's personal relationship with Christ?

Also, who put it in your mind that Mormon's aren't Christians?

The worst thing that could happen to Christ's work on earth would be acceptance from people whose hearts are full of hatred.  I don't ever want to be mistaken for the likes of people that I spent 2 years with attending their school, when it comes to matters of faith. Count me out of that place.

If you go back and read about my personal experience with coming to know Christ, and an event I can only describe as being born again, you will be clear if the Holy Spirit is guiding your actions.  Right now, I'm seeing nothing but very misguided ignorance and blind following of some minister who doesn't know his Bible that well, and was taught to spread lies about Christ's true Church on the earth by another one.

If you guys would spend half the time getting your own doctrine straight, and focus on what it is you have to offer, you might come across as halfway credible.

Now that is interesting, because when Joseph Smith came on the scene he called Christians of his day all kinds of things:

"My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right — and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong, and the personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in His sight: that those professors were all corrupt . . ." (Joseph Smith, "History of the Church, Vol. 1, page 5-6.)

"What is it that inspires professors of Christianity generally with a hope of salvation? It is that smooth, sophisticated influence of the devil, by which he deceives the whole world." ("Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith," Compiled by Joseph Fielding Smith, page 270.)

If we do, we are the only people under heaven that does, for there are none of the religious sects of the day that do."
Yes, and a great portion of them, unless they repent, and work righteousness." (Teachings, page 119.)

So Smith said Christian preachers were corrupt ... Christians of his day were following the devil ... Christians of his day didn't believe the Bible ... and that Christians of his day were going to hell.

So.

Was Smith's heart full of hatred like you accuse others of having hearts full of hate?

Is that not what The Savior taught?  What ministers of Joseph Smith's day had the Authority of God to declare their particular sect good to go, then condemn the other?  Smith wanted to know which of them to join, if any, and was commanded by God to join none of them.  That makes the most sense since they were mudslinging each other, and had extremely different interpretations of the Bible, which hasn't changed.

If you repent of misleading the children of God, go your way, and sin no more by following His Teachings and example, kinda hard to go wrong with that.  Since God appointed Joseph Smith as the first living Prophet since the early Christian Church, and commanded him to preach repentance to his generation, he gets more than a pass.

You, on the other hand, lack any authority on the matter.  You have been filled with lies about God's true Church, and are doubling down on it, because some wicked and corrupt minister told you a bunch of hogwash about Mormons, who seem to be the constant target of sects like this.  It's really weird, when you stop and think about the fixation that some of these people who claim to be followers of Christ on one hand, then devote so much effort to attacking one particular faith.

I've said this before, where do people find the time to blow away so much of their lives in attempting to drag down people from another Faith, and why?  The, "We're trying to save you from your version of Jesus."  isn't going to work, especially among people who have a very close relationship with the Savior that brings true happiness.  There's only one real answer, ans that is the adversary has a hold of your heart.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Guy posts a thread stating that he's EXPLORING a POSSIBLE interest in joining a particular faith.... CHECK.

The usual suspects come along to discredit the belief system in question and tell him that he'll go to hell if he gets sucked-in by said faith.... CHECK.

Discussion devolves into the usual Faith vs. Works, "you're no Christian", "magic underwear", crap-fest... CHECK

Didn't we do this last week, the week before that, the week before that, and so on back to the beginning of Arf-time?

http://www.mobilepetgroomingsandiego.com/Blog/dog-chasing-tail.jpg
View Quote

So you're good with just letting people twist around God's word? Or am I missing something? To answer you question, we have been doing this longer than since this site. Apologetics, look it up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The origins of God in the Latter-Day Church are similar to the earliest Christian beliefs...

Latter-day Saint beliefs would have sounded more familiar to the earliest generations of Christians than they do to many modern Christians. Many church fathers (influential theologians and teachers in early Christianity) spoke approvingly of the idea that humans can become divine. One modern scholar refers to the "ubiquity of the doctrine of deification”—the teaching that humans could become God—in the first centuries after Christ’s death.11 The church father Irenaeus, who died about A.D. 202, asserted that Jesus Christ "did, through His transcendent love, become what we are, that He might bring us to be what He is Himself.”12 Clement of Alexandria (ca. A.D. 150–215) wrote that "the Word of God became man, that thou mayest learn from man how man may become God.”13 Basil the Great (A.D. 330–379) also celebrated this prospect—not just "being made like to God,” but "highest of all, the being made God.”

As for your assumption... Assumptions and conjecture are interesting... But not much more than the link I posted is known and taught as formal doctrine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good... Then the link I directed you to is straight-from-the-horses-mouth so to speak...

So, it does look like the god of this world worships his Father.

What paragraph are you referring to...?

For some observers, the doctrine that humans should strive for godliness may evoke images of ancient pantheons with competing deities. Such images are incompatible with Latter-day Saint doctrine. Latter-day Saints believe that God’s children will always worship Him. Our progression will never change His identity as our Father and our God. Indeed, our exalted, eternal relationship with Him will be part of the "fulness of joy” He desires for us.

Latter-day Saint beliefs would have sounded more familiar to the earliest generations of Christians than they do to many modern Christians. Many church fathers (influential theologians and teachers in early Christianity) spoke approvingly of the idea that humans can become divine. One modern scholar refers to the "ubiquity of the doctrine of deification”—the teaching that humans could become God—in the first centuries after Christ’s death.11 The church father Irenaeus, who died about A.D. 202, asserted that Jesus Christ "did, through His transcendent love, become what we are, that He might bring us to be what He is Himself.”12 Clement of Alexandria (ca. A.D. 150–215) wrote that "the Word of God became man, that thou mayest learn from man how man may become God.”13 Basil the Great (A.D. 330–379) also celebrated this prospect—not just "being made like to God,” but "highest of all, the being made God.”

This doctrine is not of the early church.

In fact, it is Satanic.  It is Satan who desires to become God.

Isaiah 14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is that not what The Savior taught?  What ministers of Joseph Smith's day had the Authority of God to declare their particular sect good to go, then condemn the other?  Smith wanted to know which of them to join, if any, and was commanded by God to join none of them.  That makes the most sense since they were mudslinging each other, and had extremely different interpretations of the Bible, which hasn't changed.

If you repent of misleading the children of God, go your way, and sin no more by following His Teachings and example, kinda hard to go wrong with that.  Since God appointed Joseph Smith as the first living Prophet since the early Christian Church, and commanded him to preach repentance to his generation, he gets more than a pass.

You, on the other hand, lack any authority on the matter.  You have been filled with lies about God's true Church, and are doubling down on it, because some wicked and corrupt minister told you a bunch of hogwash about Mormons, who seem to be the constant target of sects like this.  It's really weird, when you stop and think about the fixation that some of these people who claim to be followers of Christ on one hand, then devote so much effort to attacking one particular faith.

I've said this before, where do people find the time to blow away so much of their lives in attempting to drag down people from another Faith, and why?  The, "We're trying to save you from your version of Jesus."  isn't going to work, especially among people who have a very close relationship with the Savior that brings true happiness.  There's only one real answer, ans that is the adversary has a hold of your heart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi, I'm DogfacePappy, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of of Latter-day Saints and a disciple of Jesus Christ as well.. I'm also a Christian.  Shane333 is MUCH better spoken than I am. I'm more like Peter. I get really emotional, people lose ears, things like that. I spend a lot of time repenting. I'm oft the problem child amongst us. How ya doin'?

http://ladylibertyslamp.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

By what authority do you recognize or not recognize someone's personal relationship with Christ?

Also, who put it in your mind that Mormon's aren't Christians?

The worst thing that could happen to Christ's work on earth would be acceptance from people whose hearts are full of hatred.  I don't ever want to be mistaken for the likes of people that I spent 2 years with attending their school, when it comes to matters of faith. Count me out of that place.

If you go back and read about my personal experience with coming to know Christ, and an event I can only describe as being born again, you will be clear if the Holy Spirit is guiding your actions.  Right now, I'm seeing nothing but very misguided ignorance and blind following of some minister who doesn't know his Bible that well, and was taught to spread lies about Christ's true Church on the earth by another one.

If you guys would spend half the time getting your own doctrine straight, and focus on what it is you have to offer, you might come across as halfway credible.

So.

I asked you if you gave Smith a pass for doing the very same thing you criticize others for doing.

By your response, yes, you give him a pass.

But you criticize others.

That is transparent hypocrisy.

ETA: Actually, Smith was attacking individuals (Christian preachers are corrupt - that refers to a PERSON.  Christians are following the devil -again refers to PEOPLE...  Christians don't believe the Bible... Christians are going to hell - those are all PERSONAL references.  Not doctrinal ...)

On the other hand, critics in this thread are discussing Mormonism's doctrines and beliefs... not people.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#14]
WELL??? Is Jesus A god or THE God?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you crazy? Those of us attacking this doctrine want you to admit that JESUS is GOD. God's own word says that is how you test an evil sprit. Are you that dense are or have not really read God's word.
View Quote

These threads are so much awesome reading for me. Since I don't believe in any of these books, but having read them (unlike the above poster), I can fairly objectively figure out who is christlike and who isnt. I read the bible, book of mormon, quran, and taroh the same way I read any of my engineering books. I'm not all wrapped up in salvation and a warped interpretation of the book brought on by hallucinations after being bitten by a rattlesnake.

If by the most minutest possibility any of these books, written by primitive screwheads, turns out being real; the mormons will be in heaven.

Gunwrtr, OP, NFAtoyz, etc all, will all be burning in hell. They have clearly missed the point of living a christlike life and I seriously doubt any of them has even opened the new testament. Modern day sadducees.  As a non-believer I think these people exemplify everything wrong with christianity and actively besmirch it's name. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to act. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to treat others. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to not come off as rabid foaming at the mouth snakehandlers. Hell, learn something, anything from the mormons; it just might keep you from going to hell.

This thread also makes me extremely thankful I work with a bunch of agnostic or atheist engineers...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Going to hell."

Silence.....

We weren't talking about infant baptism, but baptism in general.  So you're saying I fabricated this very memorable event in my schooling there?  I can see how it doesn't sound good, but that's exactly what happened. Maybe Mr. Cochran needed to be brought up to speed on what the doctrine actually is, because that's what he said. He also doubled as the science teacher, and the whole operation did not exude professionalism to me even at a young age. The lunch program was entirely outsourced to Wienerschnitzel, so go figure.

Like I said, "You're going to hell." was a common thing to hear there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think you know either...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Going to hell."

Silence.....

So what do the Baptists think happens to infants who die at a very young age?   I too attended Baptist church, and was taught that because they "did not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior"' they were going to Hell.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#19]
One thing that I have learned in the last 5 months while working in Salt Lake is that Mormon girls will readily take it in the ass to preserve their virginity.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One thing that I have learned in the last 5 months while working in Salt Lake is that Mormon girls will readily take it in the ass to preserve their virginity.  Just saying.
View Quote

Godammit! I knew I was missing out on something.

Last time I was TDY there, all I did was goto Nightmare on 13th (I think that was the name of it). Which, btw, was an AMAZING haunted house. Well, actually I went to a sports bar and talked mad shit to all the Utes fans as well. Utah'ns are pushovers in the sports smack talking category. Go Gators!

Also. If you're going to goto the UTTR range every day, dont stay in SLC. MF that was a stupid long drive...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Another Mormon checking in guys. Watch out! You're getting surrounded.

I am not as eloquent as others here, and I really have zero desire to bash with anyone who only wants to bash back. I will say that my faith has been tested and questioned many times in my life, and after every time my testimony has only been made stronger.

I believe in Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

These threads are so much awesome reading for me. Since I don't believe in any of these books, but having read them (unlike the above poster), I can fairly objectively figure out who is christlike and who isnt. I read the bible, book of mormon, quran, and taroh the same way I read any of my engineering books. I'm not all wrapped up in salvation and a warped interpretation of the book brought on by hallucinations after being bitten by a rattlesnake.

If by the most minutest possibility any of these books, written by primitive screwheads, turns out being real; the mormons will be in heaven.

Gunwrtr, OP, NFAtoyz, etc all, will all be burning in hell. They have clearly missed the point of living a christlike life and I seriously doubt any of them has even opened the new testament. Modern day sadducees.  As a non-believer I think these people exemplify everything wrong with christianity and actively besmirch it's name. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to act. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to treat others. Take a lesson from the mormons on how to not come off as rabid foaming at the mouth snakehandlers. Hell, learn something, anything from the mormons; it just might keep you from going to hell.

This thread also makes me extremely thankful I work with a bunch of agnostic or atheist engineers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's so funny when people who have literally NO idea about faith, doctrine, a walk with God or scripture jump in to tell us what THEY know. Thanks for your condemnation. Be sure to try and

read some more of the Quran
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another Mormon checking in guys. Watch out! You're getting surrounded.

I am not as eloquent as others here, and I really have zero desire to bash with anyone who only wants to bash back. I will say that my faith has been tested and questioned many times in my life, and after every time my testimony has only been made stronger.

I believe in Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and Redeemer.
View Quote

Thank goodness . You believe he is a god or THE God?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's so funny when people who have literally NO idea about faith, doctrine, a walk with God or scripture jump in to tell us what THEY know. Thanks for your condemnation. Be sure to try and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I've actually read what you claim to have. You are in no way christlike or following his teachings. You wouldnt know a sadducee from an essenes if you were changing money with them in a temple. You are not a christian and it's pretty funny watching you pretend to be. In the off chance that hell is real, that's where you will be spending eternity.

I do have an honest question for you though. I usually just shoot the snakes I find in my yard. Should I start collecting them for you, or do you only want the rattlesnakes?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Isaiah 14
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

View Quote

This is why Lucifer, one of the Sons of God, was given the boot from Heaven and never allowed to receive the second estate on a normal path of progression.

In Christ's Plan of Salvation, he invites us to return to live with our Heavenly Father in His Kingdom, by choosing to follow Him.  The adversary's plan was to do it himself by forcing mankind to obey, but then he would achieve a higher status than his Father.  It obviously didn't go over so well, and his pride cost him eternity, so he was cast out, fallen from heaven.

What exactly do you think God's children will be doing in Heaven for eternity? Sitting around, chilling in mansions?  Mansions and kingdoms are metaphors so ancient people could relate to space and celestial bodies, which God has dominion over and perpetuates as part of His Plan.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Interesting So Jesus is A God. No I do not trust evil man enough to teach me anything that isn't inside my own sinful heart. So is Jesus THE God or a god?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's kinda sad to see one of the last Christian sects who actually used to read and study the Bible become less and less familiar with it.  As Christian Latter-Day Saints, we love the Bible, and dedicate our lives to studying it.  It's a pillar of our Faith.  That's not good enough for the persecutors, as they won't be happy until we renounce Christ, and join them by supporting a paid ministry of corruption and condemnation.  We preach the Gospel of hope and repentance, while being attacked and ridiculed by men filled with hate and judgement, claiming eternal damnation if we aren't part of their approved list.

What is the approved list of "Christian" churches now, by the way?  Especially now that several churches have turned their backs on God with the blowing in the wind on critical doctrine, in respect to the world over revealed scripture, if one wants to avoid being persecuted as a Mormon, but still wants to be called a Christian, who determines that list of Churches, and who updates it when some of those Churches go off the reservation with regard to degeneracy?

The Bible is clear about Jesus' claim to be God, not just a god. Mormons do not believe that Jesus is in fact God, and thus in turn deny the diety of Jesus.  It is plain and simple, but they will always argue that their view of Jesus is the same as any Catholic or protestant group. It's not worth arguing with them when what the Bible says is quite clear. You can use Google, look up all of the verses where Jesus claims to be God, then see what Mormons have to say about them, etc. Educate yourself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No LDS supporter has quoted any atheists today...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No LDS supporter has quoted any atheists today...

Quoted:
I'm an atheist who lives in Utah.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, actually I went to a sports bar and talked mad shit to all the Utes fans as well. Utah'ns are pushovers in the sports smack talking category. Go Gators!
View Quote

Whatever. You know deep down that Brian Johnson would've stomped a new mudhole in you guys back in 2008 if given the chance.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Whatever. You know deep down that Brian Johnson would've stomped a new mudhole in you guys back in 2008 if given the chance.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Utah_Utes_logo.svg/1054px-Utah_Utes_logo.svg.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, actually I went to a sports bar and talked mad shit to all the Utes fans as well. Utah'ns are pushovers in the sports smack talking category. Go Gators!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Utah_Utes_logo.svg/1054px-Utah_Utes_logo.svg.png

Yes!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure this has been covered, but beyond being a religion, it's a lifestyle. They will load you up with church callings, and dominate your spare time like nobody's business.

Love 'em, but wouldn't want to be one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Bible is clear about Jesus' claim to be God, not just a god. Mormons do not believe that Jesus is in fact God, and thus in turn deny the diety of Jesus.  It is plain and simple, but they will always argue that their view of Jesus is the same as any Catholic or protestant group. It's not worth arguing with them when what the Bible says is quite clear. You can use Google, look up all of the verses where Jesus claims to be God, then see what Mormons have to say about them, etc. Educate yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is where there is confusion, and no, Mormon's don't argue that our view is the same as Catholics and Protestants.  We declare that we are followers of Christ, as He has commanded.

Others who think they are more legitimate Christians make a point to ensure that everyone else knows that they want to be distanced from us as much as possible, and top it off with "They aren't really Christians at all."

Nowhere will you hear us saying, "We're just like you guys. C'mon, let us into the tent."

Like I said, the worst think that could happen would be acceptance from the other sects as "just one of the other Christian sects."

You won't find a Church on the earth that follows Christ's teachings any more than His actual Church, with His Name on it and everything.

It is not the church of Rome, the church of John, the church of 4 squares, the church of snakes, the church of Constantine, or anybody else's.  Brigham Young said that if men would sit down and read the Bible, they would become Mormon's.

There's a big reason why the other sects who thought they were following Christ can't accept Mormon's as real Christians, and that is because their leaders were called out from the start almost 2 centuries ago for being corrupt. Kinda puts the kibosh on that whole thing. I wonder how many fewer followers of Christ there will be that are even vaguely familiar with the Bible in 10 years, given the current trends under that tent.

We Mormon's will still be hitting it hard like we've always done.  What happens when "Christendom" loses the Bible? That will be truly scary for the world.  The True Church of Jesus Christ is a relatively small organization that used to share common values of family, faith, productivity, patriotism, and respect with our neighbors, but as the other sects fall farther and farther away from even basic Biblical teachings, it spells a bad recipe for mankind.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm sure this has been covered, but beyond being a religion, it's a lifestyle. They will load you up with church callings, and dominate your spare time like nobody's business.

View Quote

There is no spare time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No, I've actually read what you claim to have. You are in no way christlike or following his teachings. You wouldnt know a sadducee from an essenes if you were changing money with them in a temple. You are not a christian and it's pretty funny watching you pretend to be. In the off chance that hell is real, that's where you will be spending eternity.

I do have an honest question for you though. I usually just shoot the snakes I find in my yard. Should I start collecting them for you, or do you only want the rattlesnakes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa good work. You are right let's just let everyone rewrite what God said so we can be nice to those who twist His words. So Jesus is a god and not THE God? You are qualified to judge my

heart since you know so much about me from the internet right? I never judged you or anyone else here for that matter. I just am not going to stick my head in the sand when someone makes

changes to God word, oh but wait silly me you already read it all the time. You already know this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!!!

I dont think yall have ever had the privilege of encountering the quality of filth that so readily flows from a southerners mouth when it comes to college ball. Yall have BYU as rivals. They probably bake you ricecrispy treats for the games.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This is why Lucifer, one of the Sons of God, was given the boot from Heaven and never allowed to receive the second estate on a normal path of progression.
In Christ's Plan of Salvation, he invites us to return to live with our Heavenly Father in His Kingdom, by choosing to follow Him.  The adversary's plan was to do it himself by forcing mankind to obey, but then he would achieve a higher status than his Father.  It obviously didn't go over so well, and his pride cost him eternity, so he was cast out, fallen from heaven.
What exactly do you think God's children will be doing in Heaven for eternity? Sitting around, chilling in mansions?  Mansions and kingdoms are metaphors so ancient people could relate to space and celestial bodies, which God has dominion over and perpetuates as part of His Plan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isaiah 14

No.

The ENTIRE PASSAGE is why Lucifer fell.  Lucifer wanted to be God himself.  And there is only ONE God.

And... In Mormonism, everyone is a child of God.  That is not what the Bible teaches.

Romans 9

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

And in fact, many are children of the devil:

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whoa good work. You are right let's just let everyone rewrite what God said so we can be nice to those who twist His words. So Jesus is a god and not THE God? You are qualified to judge my

heart since you know so much about me from the internet right? I never judged you or anyone else here for that matter. I just am not going to stick my head in the sand when someone makes

changes to God word, oh but wait silly me you already read it all the time. You already know this.
View Quote

I can judge you based on your interaction with the mormons. Just like you so freely judge and condemn them. I can tell the content of your heart based on your posts, it's vile and black. You long ago let legion in, except jesus aint around to pull it out and dump it into some farm animals.

I dont have snake venom running through my veins, so I'm abit more clear headed when it comes to picking out people that exemplify a christlike way of life.  If you really do believe in this stuff, you need to reevaluate your actions. You think jesus would be trolling others for living a virtuous life? You really think jesus would condemn those that make the world around them a better place? Or are those instead the acts of satan?

Put down the rattlesnake and reassess your life.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I dont think yall have ever had the privilege of encountering the quality of filth that so readily flows from a southerners mouth when it comes to college ball. Yall have BYU as rivals. They probably bake you ricecrispy treats for the games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!!!

Matthew 15:18 - interesting i thought you would have know that scripture.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did you expect them to bring up baptism of the dead, celestial marriage, or temple garments on your first encounter? The entire Mormon missionary model is based on intentional vagueness and trying to pass off the church as a Christian denomination.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not even joking. We've got the token two clean cut kids on bikes in our 'hood, complete with black helmets, ties, pressed pants, white shirts, going around passing out pamphlets and doing their thing. I've chatted with them a bit on several occasions, and they really are quite likeable. I've asked them specifically about what they believe in, and they don't mention any magic underwear or Jesus being born in Michigan or whatever. They just go into the standard "you have to follow Jesus to live a happy life".

Now, I don't personally believe in Jesus being a/the God. I'm completely unsure if God as we think of him is a real thing, or just something completely natural that is well beyond our understanding.  I'm not against the idea of a traditional God, I just don't have any faith that such is the case. That being said, these guys and their church seem like a genuinely nice, good bunch of people.

I'm seriously considering sitting in on one of their services and introducing myself, but to be totally honest I'm not hoping to come to any spiritual revelations, I just want to see what the hell they're putting in the water there, so to speak. My question is, would doing so be intrusive/offensive if I approached the church on a social level, rather than a spiritual level. I plan on being completely honest about my intentions and beliefs.

Or is this going to end like a Twilight Zone with me wearing a bike helmet and a Valium smile?
Did you expect them to bring up baptism of the dead, celestial marriage, or temple garments on your first encounter? The entire Mormon missionary model is based on intentional vagueness and trying to pass off the church as a Christian denomination.

So... they're Amway?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can judge you based on your interaction with the mormons. Just like you so freely judge and condemn them. I can tell the content of your heart based on your posts, it's vile and black. You long ago let legion in, except jesus aint around to pull it out and dump it into some farm animals.

I dont have snake venom running through my veins, so I'm abit more clear headed when it comes to picking out people that exemplify a christlike way of life.  If you really do believe in this stuff, you need to reevaluate your actions. You think jesus would be trolling others for living a virtuous life? You really think jesus would condemn those that make the world around them a better place? Or are those instead the acts of satan?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow. Thank you for your kind loving rebuke while I try to defend our Lord and Savior from being downgraded to a mere god.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen outofstep, thank you for your service. You look like a fellow Floridian and I love you like I love everyone here but going against God's word is where I draw the line, Mormon or not,
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There is no spare time in the test of life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no spare time in the test of life.

improv'd
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

It hurts because it's true. They hold the bathroom door open for me when I go to their stadium decked out in red, say "excuse me" if they brush me in passing, stand up for me so that I can reach my seat in the middle of the row, and end the day with a hearty "Congratulations, you were clearly the better team" when we beat them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#44]
By the way OP you don't need ANY established church to find what you are seeking. All you need is to get a Bible. It sounds like your heart is ready for real answers and when you read God's word ready to get real answers, He is waiting. May God Bless You.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:33:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!!!

Not sure if serious...

I was joking with the Utah natives that they dont have a good sports rivalry, nothing like any of the various SEC ones. Typically message forums will have side conversations in threads. I wasnt debating with them about virtues from a fictional book. Seriously though, drop the rattlesnakes for a second or two. It can't be good for you. Also, using the bible against me? Uhm... I dont believe it anyways. So thats about as effective as drowning a fish in water. But I at least understand the tenants of the teachings in that book.

I'm sorry, I guess when I quoted the reply about anal I should have quoted something from the Song of Solomon to be abit more appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It hurts because it's true. They hold the bathroom door open for me when I go to their stadium decked out in red, say "excuse me" if they brush me in passing, stand up for me so that I can reach my seat in the middle of the row, and end the day with a hearty "Congratulations, you were clearly the better team" when we beat them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh... I'm lucky to get out of LSU games alive. Same with Bama and FSU games. Miami games? Hell no, thats some Mogadishu shit. I will not goto one of those games. It was bad enough when I went there to present research at an IEEE conference. Most of the other southern or SEC school are alright though.

Yall mormons are good people.

I'll trade you half of your population for the fakeass "christian" Baptists we've got around here. Maybe yall could learn them what it's really like to live as christians. Plus it would reduce crime and general drunkenness down here. Win win for me!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No.

The ENTIRE PASSAGE is why Lucifer fell. Lucifer wanted to be God himself.  And there is only ONE God.

And... In Mormonism, everyone is a child of God.  That is not what the Bible teaches.

Romans 9
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isaiah 14

No.

The ENTIRE PASSAGE is why Lucifer fell. Lucifer wanted to be God himself.  And there is only ONE God.

Romans 9

Lucifer wanted to exalt himself above The Father.  The Father already wants the children to have all that He hath.  Agreed that by who you chose to follow, therein will be the house you are adopted into.  But you might want to dust off these scriptures to learn your Bible better, as it most certainly teaches that everyone that came to earth is a child of God.  The Bible also teaches that Prophets were foreordained in the pre-earth life for their ministries.  I've been studying the Bible my whole life, to include formal seminary during high school, Sunday School, and personal studies that never end. I don't proclaim to be a scholar, but you aren't going to be able to slip anything by me when it comes to the Bible.  I do hope that you read it more though.

Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Ephesians 1:4-5
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:11
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Peter 1:20

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

2 Corinthians 3:18

18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:49

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

As to the comments about John 8:44, you might want to start from the beginning of the Chapter.  This is the famous incident where the Scribes and Pharisees brought the woman caught in the very act of adultery, and tried to entrap the Savior into a conundrum.  This is the incident where he said,

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Then:

12 ¶Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Kinda helps to have the actual perspective of the account, because it backfires on you if you stop and think about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Nobody is "good people" just because the are nice - Romans 3:10, just keeping it real, no not even me as some seem think that is what I am saying

That said, even though you are a vile sinner , just like me, you come to SWFL and I'll share my MGs and ammo with ANY of you anytime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

And thats where you loose any credibility or hope of being taken seriously.  You really are speaking like a brainwashed cult follower.  Your "Prophet" has more in common with David Koresh then someone a true Christian would be willing to follow.  

Even the so called 3 witnesses all were either excommunicated or left the church for disagreements or varying beliefs.  Some reports even have them recounting the events leading to the founding of Mormonism.  Some eventually came back but doesn't seem very sincere for people who just supposedly witnessed one of the greatest events ever.  Isn't it funny how most of the witnesses including the additional 8 were related?

I have witnessed first hand how the LDS can change people, both good and bad.  My wifes family is great and very loving, caring and responsible.  I have relatives on my moms side that have absolutely been destroyed by their "faith" though.  Flat broke, kids they can't afford but feel obligated to keep having, alienating themselves from family, etc.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They are super nice people but the "Jesus" they mention and profess to believe in isn't the Jesus found in the Bible.  

A false gospel is what you will hear.

View Quote

This

Mormons are NOT Christians
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top