Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mormons don't riot worth shit
View Quote

They'll probably smash all the muffins at the bake sale!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

At a funeral?.... Does the Pope shit in the woods?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funeral Taters??

I use that one all the time on my [Catholic] wife!

She's not quite as amused by it as I am.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funeral Taters??

Pope shits in the rain forrest now. Get with the times.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn....my weekend is full of wine and cheese parties and wearing sandals with my socks on. Can we do this next weekend?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there some New White Panthers that they can bus in from Oakland?

Will Repubs run in there and set-up a voter sign-up tent (like the Dems did in Ferguson)?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
STOP KILLING US!
View Quote

Stop the murders NOW.
This is an OUTRAGE.
I have  Civil rights.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm flattered you called me friend, friend .  Let's head over to SLC and go loot some beers some day.  Wait - it's SLC.  Maybe we can loot some food and we'll just bring beer.
View Quote

I don't mean to take the fun out of your afternoon, but you don't really have to loot for food. Just ask and I'm sure people around here will be willing to share.

ETA: Here, try this place
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
groups of protesters are meeting up at their local stake center sunday after church.  food will be provided (jello). they are going to march for justice from the stake center to the cannery.
View Quote

Jello's gotta be green, with carrots, or no riot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't mean to take the fun out of your afternoon, but you don't really have to loot for food. Just ask and I'm sure people around here will be willing to share.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm flattered you called me friend, friend .  Let's head over to SLC and go loot some beers some day.  Wait - it's SLC.  Maybe we can loot some food and we'll just bring beer.

Sigh.  You just take all the fun out of this rampaging against injustice, you know?  Fine, I'll go.  But I won't say, "Thank you," if someone holds the door for me.  Yeah.  That's right.  Mm-hmmm!

ETA: I was going to fix your link, too, but left it as a mailto just to spread the anarchy.  No justice, no peace!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sigh.  You just take all the fun out of this rampaging against injustice, you know?  Fine, I'll go.  But I won't say, "Thank you," if someone holds the door for me.  Yeah.  That's right.  Mm-hmmm!

ETA: I was going to fix your link, too, but left it as a mailto just to spread the anarchy.  No justice, no peace!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're getting it. You'll fit right in at our Utah riot. There will be some polite chanting (the real hooligans might chant out of rhythm from the rest of us) and sign-waving (of course we'll stand off the sidewalk so we don't impede the flow of pedestrian traffic) and then we'll have a closing prayer and be home before we disturb any of our neighbors with our hellheck-raising.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]
In?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And we encourage all would-be protesters to show up 3 hours early (in a white shirt and tie please).  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
groups of protesters are meeting up at their local stake center sunday after church.  food will be provided (jello). they are going to march for justice from the stake center to the cannery.

And we encourage all would-be protesters to show up 3 hours early (in a white shirt and tie please).  

Do I have to ride a bike or can I take the bus?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Now you're getting it. You'll fit right in at our Utah riot. There will be some polite chanting (the real hooligans might chant out of rhythm from the rest of us) and sign-waving (of course we'll stand off the sidewalk so we don't impede the flow of pedestrian traffic) and then we'll have a closing prayer and be home before we disturb any of our neighbors with our hellheck-raising.
View Quote

Is this riot going to start promptly at a normal time, or Mormon time?

ETA: We know that Sundays and Mondays are out!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's it. I'm booking a flight.

What's the appropriate locale for mindless looting? Where are SLC's finest sailing shops, WASP boutiques, trendy sushi bars, and most expensive dining clubs?

Are Allen Edmonds wingtip boots tactically appropriate for smashing in a window to go get what society owes me? Because injustices like this make me think that society owes me a few pounds of sashimi and maybe a cartload of dry aged steaks and French wines.
View Quote

LOL, dude, you know you cant drink in Utah... I mean sure you can loot beer, Barqs, Mug  or A&W, if you want high end Stewarts...
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's it I am leaving Somalia for Utah this injustice will not stand.
View Quote

Swing by my place and pick me up on the way.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That does it. I'm off to loot a Walmart. Just as soon as I have a nap. Maybe after I get off work. Never mind, that's way too much effort.
View Quote

Grab me some .22LR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Move along citizens, there's nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ride the bus! Someone will happily give you a ride home afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You've never played church basketball with them have you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have PTSD from LDS church basketball.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am in my office, maybe I will head up later and tear some stuff up.  I'd have to take the kids, my wife has church stuff tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's see the Utah race war. Where the angry white dudes at?

I am in my office, maybe I will head up later and tear some stuff up.  I'd have to take the kids, my wife has church stuff tonight.

Should we go to Cabelas and angrily browse through the gun section?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whoa..... Hold the fuck on.

There are black people in Utah?
View Quote

Not uncommon for LDS families to adopt black kids in my town.  So yeah, the number of black people in Utah is growing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quick, who has a troll acount on DU.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's see the Utah race war. Where the angry white dudes at?

I'm an anarchist.  You should take things off the shelves... and then put them back on the wrong shelf!  Burn, baby, burn!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Strangely enough, all the sensationalist MSM accounts of this travesty seem to have gone missing.
Do you need to borrow a governor to stir things up a bit?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#26]
since I'm from TN, do I have to wear shoes at the riots?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
okay I just googled Utah...damn...

I'm out of the riot,it's like 5 inches away from TN; can we move the riots closer? I gotta work on monday;

heck we got Mormons here also, and some Amish...they can be mean and stuff...seen it on TV they are mobsters
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Strangely enough, all the sensationalist MSM accounts of this travesty seem to have gone missing.
View Quote

Please keep your Governor to yourself. Ours is bad enough.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Mormons tend to be very peaceful as a whole, Its the ones that have a problem with turning the other cheek that would you should be afraid of. Just read up on my personal hero Porter Rockwell, or the danites.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#30]
We want our riot!

When do we want it?

NOW!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't blame me for tryin'.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
OH MY GOD LOOK AT ALL THE WHITE PEOPLE DESTROYING THEIR HOMES AND BUSINESSES!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll just leave this here

http://youtu.be/EOOEo35YLGM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A friend said this:

"Aside from mob-mentality drunk boys at sporting events, whites tend not to riot. We mostly have three speeds: uninvolved, peaceful (though passionate) protesting and genocide."

I'll just leave this here

http://youtu.be/EOOEo35YLGM

I am Native American, but can I join also?

Lone Eagle
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Serious question from the article:

When did SLCPD hit the wrong house? I can't seem to recall this incident ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Serious question from the article:

"The SWAT team serves all our warrants now following that unfortunate incident wherewe hit the wrong house. … I said, guess what guys? You’re no longer just responding to just those high-level incidents that are very stressful. You’re going to respond to these low-level things and you’re going to have to learn how to deal with it with the least amount of force."

When did SLCPD hit the wrong house? I can't seem to recall this incident ...

It was near downtown off Hubbard Ave and between 200 E and 300 E I believe.  I think it was a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#35]
The police were called because someone said there was a gun. Did this kid actually commit a crime? The two in Missouri actually committed crimes, the first probably did attack the officer first, and the second was charging the police and yelling "Kill Me".
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Rabble!...Rabble!Rabble!Rabble!...Rabble!Rabble!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The police were called because someone said there was a gun. Did this kid actually commit a crime? The two in Missouri actually committed crimes, the first probably did attack the officer first, and the second was charging the police and yelling "Kill Me".
View Quote

As far as I know, no gun, and no one (other than the original 911 call) has claimed otherwise. I think if there had been a gun, the police would've mentioned it. As for crimes, there was a warrant out for the shootee's arrest for "failure to comply with probation" (link),but he hadn't done anything that night like "Gentle Giant" Brown.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

As far as I know, no gun, and no one (other than the original 911 call) has claimed otherwise. I think if there had been a gun, the police would've mentioned it. As for crimes, there was a warrant out for the shootee's arrest for "failure to comply with probation" (link),but he hadn't done anything that night like "Gentle Giant" Brown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So out of the three shootings, it is quite probable that the third was the only one that was not justified?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So out of the three shootings, it is quite probable that the third was the only one that was not justified?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Officer better REALLY hope that everything was on the up-and-up. We have a DA (Sim Gill) who appears to have been picked on by police one too many times. He will absolutely ruin that officer's day if he wasn't fully justified: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58089112-78/gill-cowley-police-willard.html.csp
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#40]
A black New Jersey detective was just acquitted here in MD for shooting an unarmed white guy.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/07/30/deliberations-continue-in-road-rage-murder-trial/

“Mr. Harvey was shot not once, not twice, but three times. And witnesses said that he stopped and put his hands up before he was shot two more times,” said Anne Colt-Leitess, Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They did at Mountain Meadows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They did at Mountain Meadows.

And that was like, oh, nearly 160 years ago?  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Zing!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Yep.  Nice place and usually get to watch a takedown or a bumfight every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just booked a flight

I flew into SLC last October.  There was a DW 1911 and a Beretta Tomcat in my checked bag.  Carry gear and extra mags for both.   CCed them everywhere.

Lots of homeless in the park across from the hotel, but absolutely no problems the whole time I was there.

You stayed at the Residence Inn on 300 S.?  

Pioneer Park is a funny place, the city keeps trying to clean it up but for some reason it won't stay clean.  

The west side of downtown SLC where you stayed used to be full of old warehouses and flop hotels and decaying buildings until Larry Miller built the Delta Center/ESA in the early '90s.  Then the Olympics came and the whole area got gentrified really quick.  The process accelerated when the city put the transit hub a few blocks away.  Now every hipster from California and the East Coast seems to want to live in the area.

Unfortunately, they didn't think to move the homeless shelters located on the west side of the park.  So naturally, as you witnessed, they have all sorts of problems with bums pissing/crapping/fighting/selling drugs/stealing stuff in the park despite dozens of city programs intended to move them out.  It's kind of hilarious to see hard-core trendy liberals turn into law-and-order conservatives when they find the sidewalks in front of their six-figure condo are covered with needles and feces.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Officer better REALLY hope that everything was on the up-and-up. We have a DA (Sim Gill) who appears to have been picked on by police one too many times. He will absolutely ruin that officer's day if he wasn't fully justified: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58089112-78/gill-cowley-police-willard.html.csp

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was wearing a camera.  I'm predicting it will be ruled a good shoot.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Pioneer Park is a funny place, the city keeps trying to clean it up but for some reason it won't stay clean.  

The west side of downtown SLC where you stayed used to be full of old warehouses and flop hotels and decaying buildings until Larry Miller built the Delta Center/ESA in the early '90s.  Then the Olympics came and the whole area got gentrified really quick.  The process accelerated when the city put the transit hub a few blocks away.  Now every hipster from California and the East Coast seems to want to live in the area.

Unfortunately, they didn't think to move the homeless shelters located on the west side of the park.  So naturally, as you witnessed, they have all sorts of problems with bums pissing/crapping/fighting/selling drugs/stealing stuff in the park despite dozens of city programs intended to move them out.  It's kind of hilarious to see hard-core trendy liberals turn into law-and-order conservatives when they find the sidewalks in front of their six-figure condo are covered with needles and feces.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By golfroot

That is one of the better summaries of downtown Salt Lake I've ever read. Well done. The homeless shelter directly across the street from The Gateway(upscale shopping area with lots of hipster attractant) is especially hilarious. City Creek Center seems to have more of a buffer zone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
A black New Jersey detective was just acquitted here in MD for shooting an unarmed white guy.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/07/30/deliberations-continue-in-road-rage-murder-trial/

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“Mr. Harvey was shot not once, not twice, but three times. And witnesses said that he stopped and put his hands up before he was shot two more times,” said Anne Colt-Leitess, Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney.

He was shot for being a creepy ass cracka, so it's all good. Move along, nothing to see!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Time to riot. New Balance outlet store, your shit is getting looted.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

That is one of the better summaries of downtown Salt Lake I've ever read. Well done. The homeless shelter directly across the street from The Gateway(upscale shopping area with lots of hipster attractant) is especially hilarious. City Creek Center seems to have more of a buffer zone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By golfroot

During parts of my career I spent a lot of time in downtown SLC before it turned into Hipster Central.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
During parts of my career I spent a lot of time in downtown SLC before it turned into Hipster Central.

View Quote

Like most once-conservative states, our big city will one day be the death of Utah.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top