Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet there are a few in here who would " hit that " ! ! ! !

View Quote

With a condom female to male transmission of HIV is very rare.

And she is cute.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I really doubt anyone will ever think AIDS is cool.

I think the purpose of the campaign is "I have AIDS, but I'm still a human being. Don't forget that."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsr1wPQCYAALiEE.jpg

I saw this billboard yesterday in Ft. Worth and almost puked.

First, don't glorify AIDS. Don't make it look cool or trendy, or even "Okay". It's a fucking devastating disease arising almost exclusively out of deviant behavior.

Secondly, why has society done a 360 and started glorifying shameful and deviant shit? Rather than putting up billboards of happy, smiling AIDS victims telling us God loves them, I think God would prefer that we denounce the kind of behavior that leads to STD's. It's called morality.

Young people (who are stupid and impressionable) will see these things and figure AIDS and related shit is not all that bad ... and maybe even holy and cool. "Maybe if I get AIDS, God will love me more".

Fuck me.  

I really doubt anyone will ever think AIDS is cool.

I think the purpose of the campaign is "I have AIDS, but I'm still a human being. Don't forget that."

Ya it's this.  

Also
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You haven't got a clue, sonny boy. I had a good friend die of HIV that he got from a contaminated transfusion.

Incidentally, the basic tenant of the Christian faith is forgiveness. It is believed that God will forgive your sins as His love for us is eternal.

You obviously missed the memo and really don't have any more of a clue about HIV transmission then you do about about morality.

You might restrict your lectures about HIV and morality until you have a better grasp on the subject matter, less you look like an uninformed zealot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, don't glorify AIDS. Don't make it look cool or trendy, or even "Okay". It's a fucking devastating disease arising almost exclusively out of deviant behavior.

Secondly, why has society done a 360 and started glorifying shameful and deviant shit? Rather than putting up billboards of happy, smiling AIDS victims telling us God loves them, I think God would prefer that we denounce the kind of behavior that leads to STD's. It's called morality.

Young people (who are stupid and impressionable) will see these things and figure AIDS and related shit is not all that bad ... and maybe even holy and cool. "Maybe if I get AIDS, God will love me more".

Fuck me.  
You haven't got a clue, sonny boy. I had a good friend die of HIV that he got from a contaminated transfusion.

Incidentally, the basic tenant of the Christian faith is forgiveness. It is believed that God will forgive your sins as His love for us is eternal.

You obviously missed the memo and really don't have any more of a clue about HIV transmission then you do about about morality.

You might restrict your lectures about HIV and morality until you have a better grasp on the subject matter, less you look like an uninformed zealot.

Tenet. Than. Lest.

Just lettin' ya know. Grammar Nazi itch has been scratched for the day.    
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
some gays are "bug chasers"  They want to get it.  Fucked up world
View Quote

What????????
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
OP this thread has AIDS and you should feel AIDS.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
This will end as OP intended.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fuck me.  
View Quote

And it happened that He was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were dining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many of them, and they were following Him. When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, "Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?" And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I did a 360 once.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Please note that White Heterosexual Men and White Heterosexual Women make up 2% or less.

Homosexual Men make up the top 3.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Think she's licked the whipped cream off a strippers cock
View Quote
nice...this time it wasn't whipped cream...

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#12]
The OP fails on so many levels.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fuck me.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fuck me.  
View Quote

The girl in the picture was literally born with the virus, of no fault of her own.

I don't think you could have possibly failed any harder on a rant than you have here.  You might as well just toss a newborn baby in a dumpster while donating to the Brady Campaign for effect.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#15]

That whore!!!!  Grab your pitchforks and torches.  Let's burn the hussy!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And she is cute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And she is cute.

Uh...  Have at it brah.  Rare ain't nearly good enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The percentage doesn't matter. It happens.

I think the point of the billboard has gone completely over the OP's head.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"shameful and deviant shit"?

Does that apply to people who contracted HIV/AIDS through no fault of their own? As in rape victims or someone who had sex with an infected partner and wasn't told?

What percentage of the HIV+ population is rape victims or people who had sex with a partner they had no reason to suspect might be infected?

ETA: . . . or contracted the condition congenitally?

The percentage doesn't matter. It happens.

I think the point of the billboard has gone completely over the OP's head.

Maybe not  if takes it out of his ass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lol, yeah immoral behavior like:

- Getting a blood transfusion
- Having a cheating spouse
- Being born with it
- Having an accidental needle stick
- Being raped
- Being a victim of incest

View Quote

Here is the problem for many people who link HIV to immoral behaviors .......

Blod transfusion --- did the blood come from someone who contracted it "innocently".
Cheating Spouse ---- did the cheating spouse contract it "innocently".
Born with it --- child paying for the "sins" of the mother and/or father ( if father gave it to mom )
Being raped --- another sad situation, contracted from someone who is not "innocent"
Victim of incest ---- another sad situation, contracted from someone who is not "innocent"

Now you may have contracted it without having done anything immoral ....... but chances are pretty good you got it from someone who did.

Pretty fucked up actually to have to live with HIV and the stigma that comes with it, especially if you had no control over contracting it.

My wife is an RN as are my sister and sister in law. Years ago HIV was a big topic for us because of the risk to health care providers, however the risk to them is extremely low .... there are other things they are at higher risk of brining home.

Thankfully the hospitals are doing what they can to stay ahead of things ... but even so, things can get past even the best defenses.

OP saw something and without looking into it he comes running to the internet to upset, alarm, and incite others BEFORE he even took the fucking time to dig up the back story!!!!!!!!

He's like those media whores who rush to put a story on FIRST without even checking if the story is true.

Fucking Keyboard Commando's.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Getting AIDS is like being an Airborne Ranger: you gotta be a triple volunteer.

The overwhelming majority of those infected with AIDS are

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

All 3 subcultures have norms of unprotected sex with multiple partners.

AIDS has been trumpeted as a threat to heterosexuals since the mid eighties-completely without epidemiological evidence.

Like everything else about activist homosexuals it was agenda driven.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/images/web/statistics_basics_HIV-Infections-2010_520x436.jpg
Please note that White Heterosexual Men and White Heterosexual Women make up 2% or less.

View Quote

What is the phrase that MSM stands for?  Or IDU, for that matter?  (and white heterosexual women are on there, ahead of a couple other groups)

People are going to get HIV no matter what.  De-stigmatizing it will keep those who have it from hiding that fact.  Would you rather people who have a deadly and incurable disease advertise it, or hide it?  Which do you think will lead to fewer transmissions, and/or higher rates of treatment?

Having a bunch of billboards that say "You're gonna die in a ditch an deserve it, you filthy fuck" is not going to produce any positive results in curtailing the spread of the disease - people know about AIDS and with the exception of a small handful of twisted individuals, no one wants to get it.  Making people who have it feel worse about it will only make them turn to the behavior that got them the disease in the first place for solace.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd still do her bareback. HIV isn't as easy to catch as people think and it's extremely hard to die from AIDs nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is the phrase that MSM stands for?  Or IDU, for that matter?  (and white heterosexual women are on there, ahead of a couple other groups)

People are going to get HIV no matter what.  De-stigmatizing it will keep those who have it from hiding that fact.  Would you rather people who have a deadly and incurable disease advertise it, or hide it?  Which do you think will lead to fewer transmissions, and/or higher rates of treatment?

Having a bunch of billboards that say "You're gonna die in a ditch an deserve it, you filthy fuck" is not going to produce any positive results in curtailing the spread of the disease - people know about AIDS and with the exception of a small handful of twisted individuals, no one wants to get it.  Making people who have it feel worse about it will only make them turn to the behavior that got them the disease in the first place for solace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/images/web/statistics_basics_HIV-Infections-2010_520x436.jpg

MSM = Male/Sex with Male
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

AIDS has been trumpeted as a threat to heterosexuals since the mid eighties-completely without epidemiological evidence.

View Quote

O so now you pick on Prostitutes !
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#25]

In before the "Would you still hit it" poll.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Edit: Double tap... like I just might do to her
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:06:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

View Quote

I didn't realize that a large percentage of Africa consisted of homosexuals, drug users, and prostitutes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Blod transfusion --- did the blood come from someone who contracted it "innocently".
Born with it --- child paying for the "sins" of the mother and/or father ( if father gave it to mom )
Being raped --- another sad situation, contracted from someone who is not "innocent"
Victim of incest ---- another sad situation, contracted from someone who is not "innocent"

Now you may have contracted it without having done anything immoral ....... but chances are pretty good you got it from someone who did.

Pretty fucked up actually to have to live with HIV and the stigma that comes with it, especially if you had no control over contracting it.

My wife is an RN as are my sister and sister in law. Years ago HIV was a big topic for us because of the risk to health care providers, however the risk to them is extremely low .... there are other things they are at higher risk of brining home.

Thankfully the hospitals are doing what they can to stay ahead of things ... but even so, things can get past even the best defenses.

OP saw something and without looking into it he comes running to the internet to upset, alarm, and incite others BEFORE he even took the fucking time to dig up the back story!!!!!!!!

He's like those media whores who rush to put a story on FIRST without even checking if the story is true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Being born with it
- Being raped

Very interesting points.  I appreciate you bringing them up.  Can you please provide us with percentages of HIV infections that stem from blood transfusions in the USA, from rapes in the USA, from being born with it in the USA, etc?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I didn't realize that a large percentage of Africa consisted of homosexuals, drug users, and prostitutes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

Africa's situation is indeed dire.  In the USA, on the other hand, is feudist wrong regarding the majority of transmissions?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Africa's situation is indeed dire.  In the USA, on the other hand, is feudist wrong regarding the majority of transmissions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

He didn't make that distinction and is drawing a very large generality that has changed quite a bit over time from what I understand.  Take homosexual transmission for example, from what I understand the rate of infection has dropped over time largely due to changes in culture and changes in homosexual behavior.  

If changes in heterosexual and homosexual sexual behavior hadn't occurred in the US then it would have become an issue for heterosexuals in the US, which is exactly what you see in Africa ie, a lack of change in sexual behavior. The poster's view is awfully myopic.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Makes as much sense as a lot of other shit going on in this country.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
God does love her.

It's sad that she has HIV.  It's sad that the majority of people with HIV in the USA contracted it through preventable ways.
View Quote

Yes it is sad that the majority do contract it through preventable ways.

The lack of education is a big cause of that.

This BILLBOARD that the OP seems to, for some odd reason, take exception to is a part of the campaign to EDUCATE people so as to prevent as much as possible the spread of this horrible illness.

Anything that has people talking about HIV/AIDS, also has them thinking about it and that is a good thing.

Hell in a roundabout way the OP is contributing to the dialogue about HIV/AIDS .... even though that was not his intent!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And she is cute.

Ayup the risk, as low as it is, is still there.

But I was right .... there are some here that would hit anything!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fuck me.  
View Quote

I agree with you. . .  but a 360 probably wasn't the thing you were thinking it was.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
"shameful and deviant shit"?

Does that apply to people who contracted HIV/AIDS through no fault of their own? As in rape victims or someone who had sex with an infected partner and wasn't told?
View Quote

spreadsheet updated.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#37]
OP, are you one of those people who believe that HIV is God's way of punishing us for the gays?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This BILLBOARD that the OP seems to, for some odd reason, take exception to is a part of the campaign to EDUCATE people so as to prevent as much as possible the spread of this horrible illness.

Anything that has people talking about HIV/AIDS, also has them thinking about it and that is a good thing.

Hell in a roundabout way the OP is contributing to the dialogue about HIV/AIDS .... even though that was not his intent!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God does love her.

It's sad that she has HIV.  It's sad that the majority of people with HIV in the USA contracted it through preventable ways.

I have no problem whatsoever with increasing education about HIV and how to prevent it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How is having HIV "deviant and shameful"?
View Quote

we need a facepalm icon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Very interesting points.  I appreciate you bringing them up.  Can you please provide us with percentages of HIV infections that stem from blood transfusions in the USA, from rapes in the USA, from being born with it in the USA, etc?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Being born with it
- Being raped

Well to be honest I did not bring it up, however I did comment on it.

You could probably get the information you seek from a reliable source.

For starters try ...... www.cdc.gov

Years ago I had a lot of information on it when it was a topic of discussion within the family because of the number of health care providers in the family.

However to quote those statistics today would be foolish because of the time lapsed since.

I would hope that things are better today.

Blood Transfusion ---- I would think this is impossible today, what with all the blood screening going on and such. I know the ARC has done a lot along the lines of screening the people who go to donate, as well as screening the blood from those whom they do accept.

Would not want to gather a guess on the rape or incest thing though.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep. God loves her.

He loves me, too, and I'm HIV negative.

So what's her point?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz033.jpg

In modern Amerika, you are supposed to be proud of being a stupid slut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who the fuck has HIV and grins from ear to ear like that about it like they just won $500 on a scratch off ticket?  

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz033.jpg

In modern Amerika, you are supposed to be proud of being a stupid slut.

Too bad her mother didn't....
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll shut up
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events:

"Deviant" has been redefined as "normal".

The previous "normal" has been redefined as "deviant".

"Morality" has been redefined as "hatred".

Now you're all caught up!

You're welcome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck me.  

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events:

"Deviant" has been redefined as "normal".

The previous "normal" has been redefined as "deviant".

"Morality" has been redefined as "hatred".

Now you're all caught up!

You're welcome!

it's definitely not the world I thought I was growing up in, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck me.  

good lord. take a laxative already.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll get blasted for this but are we not told by God to hate the sin and love the sinner? So what is wrong with the billboard? I highly doubt anyone is going to see that and think maybe aids would be cool. Did Jesus not say you without sin cast the first stone? No I don't have AIDS but I can only imagine people who do would feel pretty hopeless. What is up with all the hate? Jesus was compassionate to everyone, prostitutes, lepers, etc. Your tirade sounds similar to what I would think the Pharisees would say. Does God hate deviate behavior? Of course. I have not been an angel on this earth by any means (probably worse than most of the degenerates here) but remember God says the rod that you use to judge others is the same rod that he will use to judge you.

Now let all your hate filled hearts spew forth your bile.
View Quote

I thought that the CNN forums was the most absurd place you'd ever see people who shouldn't be allowed outdoors without a helmet.

a gun website! oh boy! normal, conservative people. . . . sigh. .. wrong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1) Homosexual males

2) Prostitutes

3) IV drug users

All 3 subcultures also have the norms of being uneducated.

Quoted:

Well there is a real AIDS threat to heterosexuals .... it's not the heterosexual that brings the threat of AIDS to the heterosexual ..... it's the closeted bi-sexual male who goes out, contracts the disease from his male love interest and brings it back home to give to his heterosexual wife.

IGNORANCE <------ probably the largest single reason for the spread of HIV/AIDS

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well to be honest I did not bring it up, however I did comment on it.

You could probably get the information you seek from a reliable source.

For starters try ...... www.cdc.gov

Years ago I had a lot of information on it when it was a topic of discussion within the family because of the number of health care providers in the family.

However to quote those statistics today would be foolish because of the time lapsed since.

I would hope that things are better today.

Blood Transfusion ---- I would think this is impossible today, what with all the blood screening going on and such. I know the ARC has done a lot along the lines of screening the people who go to donate, as well as screening the blood from those whom they do accept.

Would not want to gather a guess on the rape or incest thing though.

View Quote

My only concern is with people using exceptions in an attempt to disprove a rule, when it is often the exceptions that actually prove the rule.

This is just a tangent discussion, but I believe it could be disingenuous to use examples such as people born with HIV or someone who got it through a blood transfusion to argue against the fact that the vast majority of today's transmission cases in the USA have been behavior based.  Unless I'm mistaken, and if someone shows me the data that shows me to be mistaken I will freely admit that I'm wrong in this and thank them, but HIV in the USA today is overwhelmingly preventable with responsible lifestyle choices.  I'm not saying that exceptions can't be found, but IIRC they are a fairly uncommon in today's circumstances.

However, as I mentioned earlier, that doesn't change one bit the message from the billboard that God loves people, including those infected with HIV.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yep. God loves her.

He loves me, too, and I'm HIV negative.

So what's her point?
View Quote
Read this thread.  Most people are being outright hateful to the lady.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When I was in school no one would shut up about aids.  Aids awareness, hiv, etc. etc.  I haven't heard hiv mentioned in person in 10 years.
View Quote

They have a pharmacy close by the park where I ride my bike. I think I'll stop in there tomorrow and see what they charge for a few common meds. The marketing campaign is awfully slick. We got past this problem around twenty years ago. They make me wonder about their sincerity.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top