Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to make this a cop bashing thread, but just some background on St Ann PD.   And for all the guy who would rather cops would be dealing with real criminals then writing tickets hear you go.  

Just to help you all out he is a LEUTENANT in ST ANN PD.  Not just joe patrolman.   St Ann is a smaller  PD  Department in ST Louis County  Famous for running speed traps on I70 near the STL airport.   All the locals know about their speed traps, and I didn't think they didn't much more then that.   The mall went out of business and they now write a lot of tickets for  revenue.
View Quote

Well that might explain a little more.

Government is a place of screw up, go up.

Probably should've been back at his desk.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If the armed guys at their store were yelling "get back or I'll fucking kill you" at rioters, looters, and trolling protesters trying to incite shit, I certainly would have no problem with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: Why would a non cop be in the middle of a near riot with a rifle?

Really?

Did you not see the videos of the looting? Did you not see the pics of the places that didn't get looted? Did you notice the 6 or 7 guys with guns standing in front of them?

If the armed guys at their store were yelling "get back or I'll fucking kill you" at rioters, looters, and trolling protesters trying to incite shit, I certainly would have no problem with it.
 EXACTLY!  If it were some father with his kids in the car getting surrounded by an angry crowd and jumped out with a Glock appointing it an yelling, "get back or I'll fucking kill you!!!"  GD would be in line to suck his dick.    But,because it's a cop tossed in the middle of a situation that 99.998% of GD would never n a million years find themselves in, he should go to prison.  Fucking classic.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You didn't answer my questions. Or do you view the "in the middle of a potentially unruly protest" as being sufficient justification for his behaviour? Cause if not I don't get your point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You didn't answer my questions. Or do you view the "in the middle of a potentially unruly protest" as being sufficient justification for his behaviour? Cause if not I don't get your point.

I do not condone his behavior.  I also don't think he should be dragged behind a pick up truck.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We have a couple minutes of video, pointed pretty much at Farva.

Are you sure that non-threatening part is the case?

If I were on a jury and saw a non-cop being harassed by people filming him and he was trying to get away, I'd probably be for acquittal of the non-cop, all other things considered - and much more so than I would be for acquitting Farva there.

Trying to reverse roles and say "what if an armed non-cop was surrounded by rioting cops who demanded social justice for an unarmed cop who was slain by a non-cop and the cops were burning the city down and fighting with the national guard" just doesn't make sense.

Either way, he's either suspended and/or fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
-

He committed a crime, multiple ones in fact. Should he be charged for them, in your opinion? Would a non-cop who (no matter how tired and stressed and panicky) pointed a loaded rifle at non-threatening bystanders and screamed "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!" be charged, and should he in your opinion? What about if a non-cop did that to cops?

We have a couple minutes of video, pointed pretty much at Farva.

Are you sure that non-threatening part is the case?

If I were on a jury and saw a non-cop being harassed by people filming him and he was trying to get away, I'd probably be for acquittal of the non-cop, all other things considered - and much more so than I would be for acquitting Farva there.

Trying to reverse roles and say "what if an armed non-cop was surrounded by rioting cops who demanded social justice for an unarmed cop who was slain by a non-cop and the cops were burning the city down and fighting with the national guard" just doesn't make sense.

Either way, he's either suspended and/or fired.

Plenty of business owners standing in front of their shops. If one of them pointed a loaded rifle at the folks walking by for the horrible crime of taking an ipotato video, and screamed 'I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!" do you think the cops would arrest them?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think there's a bunch off assholes down there throwing shit, stealing shit, assaulting people, and no body is doing anything to them.  Why should this guy be the sacrificial lamb?  Because he has something to lose?  LOL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Did you not see the videos of the looting? Did you not see the pics of the places that didn't get looted? Did you notice the 6 or 7 guys with guns standing in front of them?

Come on. This cop should be in jail. In fact the whole reason we build jails is to put people who are threats to society in them. That guy clearly is a threat to society.

Eh, I'll save my OUTRAGE pill for something a little better than a dude in the middle of a riot getting shit thrown at him by a group of animals.

Did he make a mistake?  Sure.  Do I give a fuck?  NOPE.  

So the laws you enforce are more like suggestions when it comes to other cops?

I think there's a bunch off assholes down there throwing shit, stealing shit, assaulting people, and no body is doing anything to them.  Why should this guy be the sacrificial lamb?  Because he has something to lose?  LOL.

Prosecuting people who commit crimes on video is making them a "sacrificial lamb" now?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
-

Not normally, no. And not when they were standing around talking to me.
View Quote

And in the middle of a place that's been rioting for a couple weeks now, with a conflict now spurred on by the media, and with outside agitators coming in to stir things up, do you see the situation as "just someone standing around talking to him"?

I do follow what you're saying, but I think these are different places with different things going on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I do not condone his behavior.  I also don't think he should be dragged behind a pick up truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your opinion:

Should he be fired?

Should he be Charged with felony assault by the county or state?

Should he be charged by the county or state with a lesser crime?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

So criminals being charged for the crimes they commit is equivalent to torturing someone to death now? Do you actually read this shit?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do you think that was a legal use of force?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of all the fucked up things to come out of Ferguson this becomes a "big" issue?

Seriously?  There seems to be a line somewhere and it was crossed but something is off to me.  

SoCalJBT covered it in his post; there are so many different issues to discuss it isn't funny but if you think the "man" is always abusing power and "out to get" Joe Innocent then please join the government, police force, etc. to change it.

Otherwise realize it was an overreacting cop with an OWS iPhone media type in the middle of an unruly crowd whose focus is on racial issues (i.e. the loot train) and taunting the police into action.

Do you think that was a legal use of force?

What I think doesn't matter at this point.

The officer has been trashed, removed, and apparently that's what was supposed to happen.

I've had worse happen to me and you know what, I think in a way it was OK given the circumstances.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Officer Friendly making friends and influencing people.
I wonder what his screen name here is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Although in this case the guy with the camera is basically trying to be copblock paparazzi who's just there to troll and harass.  
View Quote

I think that's exactly what that guy was doing.  But if that's the guy that fucks up your law enforcement career, you were never going to have a retirement party anyway.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
The last natural disaster I had to work was IKE. It went on for two weeks or more. My house was damaged and I had no power. I still had to go to work each day and only got a couple of hours sleep a night. I got thrown out into one of the hoods and had to deal with that on top of my own shit going on. I never pointed my rifle at anyone. The last straw was when some mother fucker stole my mother fucking crème cheese danish. I about lost it. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and a danish. I guess I didn't hide it well enough. They tried to appease me with a cupcake. I don't really have a point. I'm still just really pissed off about the danish.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It has been two weeks of this. Cops are getting tired and sleep deprived. He should of not said what he said but these police officer are getting worn down sooner or later they reach their limits.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
-

Plenty of business owners standing in front of their shops. If one of them pointed a loaded rifle at the folks walking by for the horrible crime of taking an ipotato video, and screamed 'I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!" do you think the cops would arrest them?
View Quote

If somebody was going up to the store owner and harassing them, trolling the store owner, and generally inciting more conflict, if I were on that jury I doubt I'd care.

Why would the cops arrest them?  Would you?

Did anyone arrest the roof Koreans?  And why should they be arrested?

Admittedly it's also a different standard.  The store owner's on his own property has a lot more leeway, and darn well should have a lot of leeway, not just in action but in behavior.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The last natural disaster I had to work was IKE. It went on for two weeks or more. My house was damaged and I had no power. I still had to go to work each day and only got a couple of hours sleep a night. I got thrown out into one of the hoods and had to deal with that on top of my own shit going on. I never pointed my rifle at anyone. The last straw was when some mother fucker stole my mother fucking crème cheese danish. I about lost it. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and a danish. I guess I didn't hide it well enough. They tried to appease me with a cupcake. I don't really have a point. I'm still just really pissed off about the danish.
View Quote

if you are ever in my AO i'm going to buy you a whole box of danishes.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It has been two weeks of this. Cops are getting tired and sleep deprived. He should of not said what he said but these police officer are getting worn down sooner or later they reach their limits.  

https://i.imgflip.com/bcoz9.jpg

Point made, but there are different standards than the military, different mission than the military, different stresses and difficulties than the military.

Or do you want militarized police who are ready for month-long standoffs and nightly conflicts in American cities?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I swear I was going to google a pic of Dale Carnegie and post it when I first watched the video but figured no one would get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I swear I was going to google a pic of Dale Carnegie and post it when I first watched the video but figured no one would get it.

You would have been approaching the Dennis Miller Ratio.

But several folks probably would've gotten it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
In your opinion:

Should he be fired?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In your opinion:

Should he be fired?

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In your opinion:

Should he be fired?

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!

I know, I just wanted the crazy on record.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]
You had to really dig and even then this isn't what your thread title says. Go troll somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think Officer 'Go fuck yourself' should watch the video and reassess his choice in careers.

Perhaps he could use his oratory skills for greeting shoppers at Lowe's or WalMart?

View Quote

http://youtu.be/QKtIFdArCQI
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They would have send 200 cops in riot gear and a MRAP to take him down and everyone here knows it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They would have send 200 cops in riot gear and a MRAP to take him down and everyone here knows it.

Really?  I remember the NY motorcycle "club" that surrounded that SUV and the driver RUNNING A FUCKING GUY OVER and not one cop here stated he should face charges.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Really?  I remember the NY motorcycle "club" that surrounded that SUV and the driver RUNNING A FUCKING GUY OVER and not one cop here stated he should face charges.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Though there were cops in the motorcycle gang.

Just to muddy the waters further.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#27]
He just flushed his career down the toilet...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He just flushed his career down the toilet...
View Quote

There's always Tennessee.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's who should have gone to prison... And I'm serious.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In your opinion:

Should he be fired?

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!

And if it were a store owner that did the same thing, I'd say the same thing too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:The last straw was when some mother fucker stole my mother fucking crème cheese danish. I about lost it. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and a danish. I guess I didn't hide it well enough. They tried to appease me with a cupcake. I don't really have a point. I'm still just really pissed off about the danish.
View Quote

Yes the loss of a danish is a stressful event!    
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes some of the bikers were cops.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Eh, I'll save my OUTRAGE pill for something a little better than a dude in the middle of a riot getting shit thrown at him by a group of animals... I'm sorry, "PROTESTERS".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Come on. This cop should be in jail. In fact the whole reason we build jails is to put people who are threats to society in them. That guy clearly is a threat to society.

Eh, I'll save my OUTRAGE pill for something a little better than a dude in the middle of a riot getting shit thrown at him by a group of animals... I'm sorry, "PROTESTERS".

Ever think that it it behavior like this that is causing the riots to continue this long?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ever think that it it behavior like this that is causing the riots to continue this long?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

The filming of it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

LOL...  Yeah, right.  You've obviously never been to the ghetto.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would they do if a person was in a Walmart pointing a toy rifle at people?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The filming of it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

The filming of it?

No officer chicken shit threatening to kill protesters.  Pissing off more people who might of stayed at home, and giving them the motivation to FO.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In any case, it is high time for several games of Beat the Press.

View Quote

Considering the damage the MSM has caused this country, they are just as guilty (if not moreso) then the rioters and looters.  A lot of them are hippies in need of hickory shampoo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I said a while back in another thread that the longer this goes on the more people are going to snap.

A lot of people will brag about how well trained and sharp their outfit is.  Sadly they are wrong.  Riots and protests don't happen every day.   They were probably given a cursory rundown and told to go hold a line.

He was a guy in over his head, never in a swarm or large crowd before and had an AR (like everyone seems to think every officer needs).

Then this happens.  Giving the agents provocateur more ammo.  Everyone KNOWS the police have tied their hands and are seeking a political way of handling this when that boat sailed some time ago.

Again...sad
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Again for page 3 readers.

http://youtu.be/8zbR824FKpU
View Quote

"Don't throw anything"-  The Officer may have had things thrown their way causing him to feel threatened.

"My hands are up bro"-sounds like it came from camera hero.  This actually could be another case of herp vs derp.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just blame libertarians.  They are the fall guy for everything.

Last I heard, the Libertarian Party was responsible for Pearl Harbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you do not know how to read and you decided that your I hate cops bullshit was whatever prompted your post.

Seriously, your comment is stupider than smiling bandit's and that's saying something.

Some of y'all will believe anything that as long as you can twist it into your own fucked up little minds to be what you want.

You're really no better than the chemtrails and 9/11 conspiracy people. You just tell yourselves different lies.

Just blame libertarians.  They are the fall guy for everything.

Last I heard, the Libertarian Party was responsible for Pearl Harbor.

Hell, the riots were organized by us.  We control the media.  LOL
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This isn't the media this is some hipster with a shitty phone.
View Quote

He has his hands up bro.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

"Don't throw anything"-  The Officer may have had things thrown their way causing him to feel threatened.

"My hands are up bro"-sounds like it came from camera hero.  This actually could be another case of herp vs derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again for page 3 readers.

http://youtu.be/8zbR824FKpU

He couldn't possibly have been saying that because a scared and dangerous cop was point a riffle right at him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're so clueless that it's cute.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think Officer 'Go fuck yourself' should watch the video and reassess his choice in careers.

Perhaps he could use his oratory skills for greeting shoppers at Lowe's or WalMart?

View Quote

No, he should work at the Pharmacy counter.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wonder what the anti gun folks who were saying only police and military should have assault rifles are thinking right now!
View Quote

Same thing.  Officer gofuckyourself actually showed restraint by not discharging his weapon, a Tea tard would have mowed down anyone with camera; especially women.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that statement is so full of shit it tore the seams.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1.  I don't get the officer threatening to kill some random idiot on the street.
2.  I don't get waving the gun around at everyone in the crowd.
3.  I don't understand WTF they would be putting themselves in that shit to begin with, just randomly walking through the crowd like that anyway.  Its an easy way to get nailed by flying debris and not having a clue who it came from.
4.  I don't understand the mentality of the people putting themselves in the middle of it.

In other words, it appeared that if this was a novel, it would be titled "A Tale of Two Assholes".
View Quote

...and whomever it was that needed to be screamed at not to throw anything.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's what is irritating about it. Any random trouble maker with a cell phone can now cause problems and get kicked out of somewhere and then cry that "X" business is supressing free speech and journalism and had his rights violated when in reality they were intentionally trolling for a reaction from a cop/politican/ccw'er/whoever. One big "gotcha" game. I don't know why anyone would would to be a public figure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So anyone with a cell phone streaming live video is now considered part of the media?  

I agree.  The government should license and only allow first amendment rights to officially recognized journalists.

Alternatively, people who hang out in riots and take pictures with their cell phones should not call themselves journalists. It's a blatant lie and if the person will lie about something that obvious, anything else he says must be considered bullshit until proven otherwise.

Besides, I took pictures in D.C.

I'm a fucking Washington Correspondent!

Quoted:
Bloggers and other internet contributors are the new media.

Ever since The Weekly World News went out of business.

That's what is irritating about it. Any random trouble maker with a cell phone can now cause problems and get kicked out of somewhere and then cry that "X" business is supressing free speech and journalism and had his rights violated when in reality they were intentionally trolling for a reaction from a cop/politican/ccw'er/whoever. One big "gotcha" game. I don't know why anyone would would to be a public figure.

Like open carry trolls that spam a business with their politics?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top