Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2014 6:04:58 PM EDT
The 4wd thread reminded me how much I love winter. We don't get much snow here but sometimes a lot of ice so we make the best of it.

Me and the kids plotted out a sled course this last year. It starts out in the intersection on the corner of my house, goes along the side of our yard and through my sisters yard. There isn't much slope in the first half but the ice is slicker than snot so you don't slow down much. This is my 11 year old daughter going down holding my phone. She stopped the video right as she was about to eat the fence

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad.

Every year we try to get out sledding and getting towed by the snogo's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm glad OP's daughter is apparently OK.

Broke my collar bone doing something similar when I was a kid (ate a fence).

LOL
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I came close to grievous injury numerous times sledding as a kid. Now I throw myself down mountains while standing up.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Turn, turn, turn!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Damnit. Now I have a snowboner. 2 more months
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damnit. Now I have a snowboner. 2 more months
View Quote

I can only hope that we get enough to play in. Some years we don't get anything. It's become more common with all of this global warming though. More like when I was a kid.

I'm just hoping that the farmers almanac is right and it's really cold this year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I came close to grievous injury numerous times sledding as a kid. Now I throw myself down mountains while standing up.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o612/hauslp/Mobile%20Uploads/4E66BD01-0E0F-420F-A99A-037FB4BC05EA_zpsned0slwc.jpg
View Quote

I wonder how many Backcountry sledders there are on this board? I am starting to get itchy to get back on the sled and get facials of fresh white stuff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top