BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP, ditto.  Get to the docs ASAP.  

Google "Melanoma Images" and you'll see why.  

People die from this.  Really.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go see a dermatologist NOW. That could be a melanoma. Seriously.

OP, ditto.  Get to the docs ASAP.  

Google "Melanoma Images" and you'll see why.  

People die from this.  Really.

I have to agree with this! I was guessing recluse bite, but I had a spot dug out of my back in July. Do it OP, the procedure doesn't really hurt and it will prolly safve you're life!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Put some bactine on it and stop digging at it.
View Quote

Had exactly the same thing on the opposite side of the leg three weeks ago. I kept it covered with ointment and a bandage. It eventually healed. This was right after getting called to a disgusting house with literally every surface crawling with spiders and roaches. I stripped to the boxers at my front door and rushed my clothing to the washer the second I got home. I don't know what it was either but I assume it was a spider.

I'm freaking out just trying to explain this but about a 4x4 area of the ceiling was spiders. I'm talking about a solid sheet, connected leg to leg. It was like a moving tapestry. Oh fuck I can hardly type this cause it freaks me out to think about it. It was traumatizing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Had exactly the same thing on the opposite side of the leg three weeks ago. I kept it covered with ointment and a bandage. It eventually healed. This was right after getting called to a disgusting house with literally every surface crawling with spiders and roaches. I stripped to the boxers at my front door and rushed my clothing to the washer the second I got home. I don't know what it was either but I assume it was a spider.

I'm freaking out just trying to explain this but about a 4x4 area of the ceiling was spiders. I'm talking about a solid sheet, connected leg to leg. It was like a moving tapestry. Oh fuck I can hardly type this cause it freaks me out to think about it. It was traumatizing.
View Quote
What in the world do you do that you wouldn't refuse to enter that home?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
+1  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meth bump. If you quit picking at it it will go away
+1  

Pickin Pox.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pickin Pox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meth bump. If you quit picking at it it will go away
+1  

Pickin Pox.

Snort. I never heard that before. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Blow fly
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It does look like an insect bite to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm no doc but I am almost certain that is not melanoma. It looks more inflammation infection.

Melanoma tends to have irregular borders while that has a pretty sharply defined border.  Do a google search for melanoma, that doesn't really look like it (but obviously have a doc confirm).

Could it be a spider bite?  I've had a few where the center of the bite basically dies and leaves a nasty scab.  Took weeks to heal.  Didn't feel the bite and it didn't really itch or anything.

RF

Almost certainly not a spider bite.  Spider bites are defensive, so you'll know if they bite you.  Most 'spider bites' are from some sort of parasitic insect/arthropod.  Spiders don't just go around biting people for the hell of it. (Unless you live in Australia, where they try and murder you)  

It does look like an insect bite to me.
Not entirely true. Can happen when you least expect it. Customer of mine rolled over a brown recluse in her sleep. Bit her back. I HATE spiders did I ever tell you that?

But did it wake her up?  The point of a defensive bite is to hurt so that you'll stop squishing them. (Which may very well be accidental) A bite that really doesn't have any pain to go along with it, at least initially, means that it probably contains some sort of anesthetizing agent, which means a parasite of some sort.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Up date?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Up date?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#11]
shark bite?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is GD, we don't have time for well thought out and professional opinions.  It is obviously drug induced Ebola, time to cut his penis off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nonhealing wound, the source could have been an insect bite or a nick while working or diving. The red area around the wound indicates cellulitis (infection) and it looks larger than the other. I'd go see a doc, he'll start you on some oral Keflex probably as an initial course.

This is GD, we don't have time for well thought out and professional opinions.  It is obviously drug induced Ebola, time to cut his penis off.

ahaha rost
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Graphic?

You're standards on graphic are much lower that what GD considers graphic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
central american screw worm larval entry wound from the cattle fly
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#15]
OP got pricked with a needle full of that Soy Sauce!

...Uhhh, maybe it was that Krocodile I forget!

Yeah, dudes leg is gone... Probably dead too!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Does it feel like your skin is crawling? Looks like morgellons.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Blow fly
View Quote

Is OP a cow?
Ed
eta; blow fly bite on human - who knew?

OP is Dead!

eta2; it appears that OP will only turn into a human blowfly;

Blowfly: Hip-Hop's Dirty, Weird Uncle

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#18]
OP is alive…just barely.  I was on vacation with my in-laws this entire time and got back in yesterday. Finally got a good night's sleep last night.

It keeps getting ever so slightly larger.  I'm going to call a local dermatologist to see if they can culture/biopsy it or something.  The antibiotics and ointment don't seem to be doing anything, although I am faithfully taking them on schedule.

Here's a pic from this morning.  The other small red areas to the left (on the side of my leg) is a mosquito bite. I spent some time on the beach this past week and got torn up by those assholes.

Still doesn't hurt at all.

Getting a photo of this thing is difficult due to the location, and at f/1.8, it looks like I missed focus on it.  Kinda hard to take a photo when you can't see through the viewfinder. I'll see if I can get a better pic later.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#19]
My brother in law visited Virginia several weeks ago, he had a small wound on his leg that would not heal, he developed septicemia, began hallucinating when back in Florida and was initially treated as though he was drunk be the ER.

Turns out to be some sort of necrotizing fasciitis, his leg has been flensed from just below the knee, and after two weeks of treatment and multiple surgeries he will still probably lose the leg.

Be your own medical advocate and monitor that closely.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
meteor crater
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why in the blue fuck are you still taking pics and talking about this shit on a gun board??? You've been fucking with this thing for over a week now and growing and JUST NOW you are talking about the doc?
GO!
NOW!
Dont answer this post or any other post until you have a doctor's note to come back here. FUCK MAN!! THIS IS YOUR LIFE AND YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT SHIT IS!
HOPEFULLY it is nothing but if it isn't getting smaller, I'd worry... SEE YA! Talk to you later with good news RIGHT?

RIGHT???

View Quote

Take a deep breath.
He's been to a doc-in-the-box.
What they've given him isn't clearing it up, but he still has his leg.  (so far)
Another trip might be in the offing.
Let's all just calm down, and start calling "dibs", ok?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, that is some type of necrosis caused from spider or MSRA.  You DO NOT FEEL PAIN BECAUSE TISSUE IS DEAD, no nerve growth.

https://www.clinicalkey.com/topics/infectious-disease/necrotizing-soft-tissue-infections.html

If it is growing,poison is eating you.  Nothing in the cancer realm is this fast growing or aggressive.  You need biopsy to determine nature of necrosis and begin serious antibiotics.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#24]

It's the MRSA. Bring your pics to the doctor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for everyone's concern. I'm going to call a dermatologist tomorrow. If they can take care of it, great. If not, I'm sure they'll tell me to go to the ER or refer me somewhere.

The urgent care doc I saw on Monday didn't seem too concerned. Of course it was smaller then.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]

AWARD WINNING PIC; too bad about the leg.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Please take pictures of whatever they do to you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thanks for everyone's concern. I'm going to call a dermatologist tomorrow. If they can take care of it, great. If not, I'm sure they'll tell me to go to the ER or refer me somewhere.

The urgent care doc I saw on Monday didn't seem too concerned. Of course it was smaller then.
View Quote

Get well soon bro.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Alabama vampire bite.  That's why there's only one tooth puncture.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Brown recluse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
looks to me like you got nailed by a nasty spider
View Quote

this

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alabama vampire bite.  That's why there's only one tooth puncture.

How did I miss this!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Read your updates....  

Its your leg do what you want. But I would have my ass sitting in the emergency room from the get go...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Hmm.. That looks kinda bad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Get well soon bro.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get well soon bro.

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP will deliver.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck calling a dermatologist ..... who knows when they will have an opening for a new patient.

Hospital Emergency Room ...... let them call in a dermatologist if needed.

I'll never understand people who sit at home with an undiagnosed medical condition trying to get a diagnosis from an internet forum.

I see it often on motorcycle, photography, and even welding sites.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

OP will deliver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP will deliver.

you work w/ livestock, OP?  you have have contact w/ rabbits?

my list of possibles:
MRSA
Brown Recluse spider bite (depending on where you live, travel to)
Cutaneous anthrax
Cutaneous tularemia

if you have traveled outside of USA recently, possible diagnoses open up a bit.

this will need a biopsy, for definitive answer.  make it happen.  keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#41]
No livestock, no rabbits, no travel outside the USA since mid-2008.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sorry if I sound a little wound tight but I just came off a bout of this shit with my drummer. He was a day or so from losing his entire leg and it looked just like the first pic when he decided to get it looked at. Here are the results. MRSA is a motherfucker. I dont want dibs on his stuff.

http://i62.tinypic.com/igywyd.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/28tvz8z.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why in the blue fuck are you still taking pics and talking about this shit on a gun board??? You've been fucking with this thing for over a week now and growing and JUST NOW you are talking about the doc?
GO!
NOW!
Dont answer this post or any other post until you have a doctor's note to come back here. FUCK MAN!! THIS IS YOUR LIFE AND YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THAT SHIT IS!
HOPEFULLY it is nothing but if it isn't getting smaller, I'd worry... SEE YA! Talk to you later with good news RIGHT?

RIGHT???

Take a deep breath.
He's been to a doc-in-the-box.
What they've given him isn't clearing it up, but he still has his leg.  (so far)
Another trip might be in the offing.
Let's all just calm down, and start calling "dibs", ok?
Sorry if I sound a little wound tight but I just came off a bout of this shit with my drummer. He was a day or so from losing his entire leg and it looked just like the first pic when he decided to get it looked at. Here are the results. MRSA is a motherfucker. I dont want dibs on his stuff.

http://i62.tinypic.com/igywyd.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/28tvz8z.jpg

Surprising that they sewed it back up if it was an infection.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#43]
good to hear a shark didnt get you.....

if you go go to ER make sure it;s early........so azz wipes dont go home early and you need to go back....
OH!!! have you tried the gun powder trick yet I hadn't seen pics

seriously check w/ a real doctor...........and then post pictures here for us.......oh
OH Hell I just thought of this (after some wine) if it comes down to wacking the leg off.........and insurance wont cover.....do a video and pretend its the ISIS...J/k..ugh kindof
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#44]
OPEN COMDONE / BLACKHEAD

HORSE THE SHIT OUT OF IT!

eta kidding, see a Dr
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Give it another week. You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#48]
You will be fine.  Just get that shit taken care of.  BTW, I have not dove in 2 years and I am hurting!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#49]
How have you resisted the urge to squeeze the hell out of it to see what comes out? I would have done that along time ago. There's probably some larva in there eating away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You will be fine.  Just get that shit taken care of.  BTW, I have not dove in 2 years and I am hurting!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same here. Life has a way of doing that.  Kids, moving further away from the water for you or your spouse's career, financial strain, lack of time.  Damn, it all adds up fast.

A few of my friends and I scheduled a trip a few weeks back offshore, and it was blown out by the only hurricane we've had this season.

Quoted:
How have you resisted the urge to squeeze the hell out of it to see what comes out? I would have done that along time ago. There's probably some larva in there eating away.

I squeezed it once, right at the very beginning.  Nothing came out so I haven't done it again.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top