BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Watched the video. .23 BAC when arrested and acting like a cunt. Call the sheriff. He'll be down here in a heartbeat. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Use the hard drive excuse Rick!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So the Travis County DA got a DUI and refused to step down, and when she refused, Perry withheld funding - and then a Travis County grand jury indicted Perry for withholding the funding?  I guess a ham sandwich wasn't available?
View Quote

Sounds like Perry didn't want to fund the DA that had been convicted of a crime and had spent 45 days in jail?

Has a Travis County Grand Jury ever indicted a republican for political reasons before??????????????
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF is a Public Integrity Unit? And why is it such a big deal to have people with the actual integrity not to be a POS drunk driver in the Integrity unit?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
This so called indictment will be thrown out fairly quick. The whole thing is a load of crap. The Governor can veto and bill coming out of the legislature including funding measures
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

She must be the dumbest lawyer on the planet.

Arrested for DUI and she runs her mouth for hours?  SHUT UP.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#8]
AUSTIN – Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg is one tough lesbian. As the first female DA in the county’s history, she’s made a name for herself as someone who stands up for justice, but her Democratic primary opponent may put up a tough fight.

Lehmberg joined the Travis County DA’s office in 1976 with the grand jury and later as a trial attorney, serving as chief of the career criminal, major crimes and public integrity divisions. She was elected DA in 2009 after serving as First Assistant District Attorney from 1997 to 2009.

Lehmberg’s primary opponent, Charlie Baird, didn’t respond to interview requests. He served on the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals for nearly a decade before serving as judge for the 299th Criminal District Court, according to his campaign website. In 2010, he established the criminal law section of The Fowler Law Firm, PC. There are no candidates on the Republican side.

“I have a broad range of support from around the city at grassroots organizations, and some union support and public safety support,” Lehmberg said. “I’m feeling really good about the momentum of the campaign.”

As director of the Family Justice Division in 1988, Lehmberg created the Center for Child Protection, which remains one her proudest moments with the DA’s office, she said.

Other highlights include her work with the innocence project and starting a metal health team that helps nonviolent individuals get into services and out of jail faster.

Under Lehmberg’s leadership, the DA’s office was able to win a conviction in the money laundering case of former House Republican Majority Leader Tom DeLay. And despite attempts to move the public integrity unit over to the attorney general’s office, Lehmberg has maintained control of it.

“We’ve had some high-profile public corruption cases and we have a good many in the mill right now, so it’s going to be pretty important that someone with a reputation for being independent and taking a look at those cases in a nonpartisan way stays in office,” she said.

After her swearing in, Lehmberg started looking for funding for a full-time prosecutor in the environmental protection unit, because her office has statewide jurisdiction over environmental and water codes.

She said she would expand that effort in her next term because the workload is more than one prosecutor can handle. She also wants to work with school districts to create programs to keep kids in school, she said.

Lehmberg also wants to expand the “strong hate crimes task force” she created in 2010. After the brutal beatings of two gay men in Austin went unsolved in the spring of 2010,

Lehmberg said she wanted to use her experience with discrimination to help increase awareness and reporting of hate crimes.

“[My sexuality has not] been an issue in the community because Austin’s just like that,” she said. “But it certainly gives me a perspective on things because I grew up in a time when there was lots of hate and lots of bias and I know the sting of discrimination. I know how that feels.”

Growing up in the small town of Taylor, Texas, Lehmberg said she heard plenty of anti-gay dialogue, which stayed with her as she discovered who she was.

“It was at a time when being gay was not something anyone talked about, but we’ve changed and my town has changed and the world is changed,” she said. “We’ve got a long way to go, but I think it probably made me a better person.”

Denis Dison, a spokesman for the Washington, D.C.-based Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund, which has endorsed Lehmberg, said it “is irreplaceable to have authentic voices speaking about our issues from a position of power.”

He said voters entrust politicians with the power of government in their community, allowing them to speak out for every part of the community.

“It also gives that person a platform to talk about not just things that the entire community is interested in, but things that the LGBT community is missing in the law and policy,” Dison said.

Karen Gross, director of the Anti-Defamation League in Austin, said the Austin/Travis Hate Crime Task Force officially launched in December 2010 and has about 60 active members from school districts, city councils and numerous other organizations. “Rosemary has been very involved in this process from the beginning,” Gross said. “She was very pragmatic.”

The task force is continuing its work on valuing diversity in schools with the “No Place for Hate” initiative. Gross said a new initiative in companies is likely to start this fall to help workforces learn from and appreciate the diversity of their co-workers.

“There’s really a need to find out where we’re coming from to build on our strengths,” Gross said.

With training police officers to recognizing and investigating hate crimes, as well as working on possible changes to the state’s hate crime law, Lehmberg said the task force is not “one of those sit-around-and-talk task forces,” especially with an effort to tackle the workplace with a “Community of Respect” initiative.

“You can work in the schools all you want, but if you don’t start working on the adults, too, you’re not going to get very far,” Lehmberg said.

While raising the punishment for the state’s statute is pointless, as the enhancement cannot be used on a first-degree felony because it has the maximum sentence, Lehmberg said she wants to think of ways for possible education options to go with the punishment to stop the hate.

“I think we need to start figuring out some programmatic things to increase sensitivity,” she said. “If it’s young people who we can save from their bias by doing some other things, I think people need to get creative and do that and make it part of the penalty.”

Although her work with the hate crimes task force is just one of the things that makes her an LGBT activist, Lehmberg said her support for the community and advocacy are prominent parts of her life and position as DA.

“I support our rights, I advocate whenever I can, I do things like start a hate crime task force,” she said. “I’m not out on a protest line, but I am active in gay rights.”  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
The Dems must see him as the biggest threat in 2016.

Get ready for fat boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]
... state funding ... Public Integrity Unit ... threat ... pleaded guilty to drunk driving ... refused to resign her position ... felony charges: abuse of official capacity and coercion of public servant ... the grand jury believes ... strong enough case ...

Can't read I'm laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm reminded of when Winters got court martialed in Band of Brothers
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#13]
In.

The outcome ought to be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Travis County... Austin right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In to see where this goes.
View Quote

never know fur sure
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was just the booking video.

She was weaving across all 4 lanes of RR 620 when people on the road started calling the Lakeway police to report a possible DUI. She cussed the Lakeway cops something fierce. Made all kinds of threats. Had an open bottle of vodka in the front seat of her Lexus.

The prosecutor got her credit card records and showed that she was buying 3 - 4 liters of vodka a week, each one at a different liquor store. Never the same stores in the same week. Tito's IIRC.

Nasty drunken bitch. And the only defense her supporters could come up with for her not resigning was that, "She didn't hurt anybody."

And she served 5 days of that 45 day sentence.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
He must be a serious threat to the dems for 2016.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Ain't banana republic politics grand?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#20]
"We’ve had some high-profile public corruption cases and we have a good
many in the mill right now, so it’s going to be pretty important that
someone with a reputation for being independent and taking a look at
those cases in a nonpartisan way stays in office,”
she said.

wow...  

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What a fucking joke.

View Quote

Yep.  Fucking clown shoes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Travis County... Austin right?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He must be a serious threat to the dems for 2016.....
View Quote

And if they succeed in what they are doing.....purple state and all that.  They are going after the heart of what is conservatism/patriotism.  If they can bring down Texas, who and what can they not take down?
Stand strong Perry, stand strong Texas.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The prosecutor got her credit card records and showed that she was buying 3 - 4 liters of vodka a week, each one at a different liquor store. Never the same stores in the same week. Tito's IIRC.

View Quote

Fuck.  I buy 2-3 gallons a week.  Better start paying cash.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Everything's bigger in Texas, including the WTF.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The scary part is when health insurers start using that credit/debit card data.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Most states have a vvvveeeerrrryyyyyyy low burden for a grand jury.

And the prosecutor can say whatever they want because its secret.  Without the accused present.  Or any contrary evidence presented.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Keeping Austin Retarded I see.  

It's okay though, he just has to say he was unaware of any of this until he saw it in the news.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#31]
another Tom DeLay job.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Hope he don't drive a Mercedes
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's called hardball Texas politics folks. Who stands to gain?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Another witch hunt by Liberal Travis County DA's office that went after Tom Delay.  

Here is text of both laws Gov. Perry has been indicted on. I can't see the elements being meet...

§ 39.02. ABUSE OF OFFICIAL CAPACITY. (a) A public
servant commits an offense if, with intent to obtain a benefit or
with intent to harm or defraud another, he intentionally or
knowingly:
(1) violates a law relating to the public servant's
office or employment; or
(2) misuses government property, services, personnel,
or any other thing of value belonging to the government that has
come into the public servant's custody or possession by virtue of
the public servant's office or employment.
(b) An offense under Subsection (a)(1) is a Class A
misdemeanor.
(c) An offense under Subsection (a)(2) is:
(1) a Class C misdemeanor if the value of the use of
the thing misused is less than $20;
(2) a Class B misdemeanor if the value of the use of
the thing misused is $20 or more but less than $500 ;
(3) a Class A misdemeanor if the value of the use of
the thing misused is $500 or more but less than $1,500;
(4) a state jail felony if the value of the use of the
thing misused is $1,500 or more but less than $20,000;
(5) a felony of the third degree if the value of the
use of the thing misused is $20,000 or more but less than $100,000;
(6) a felony of the second degree if the value of the
use of the thing misused is $100,000 or more but less than $200,000;
or
(7) a felony of the first degree if the value of the
use of the thing misused is $200,000 or more.
(d) A discount or award given for travel, such as frequent
flyer miles, rental car or hotel discounts, or food coupons, are not
things of value belonging to the government for purposes of this
section due to the administrative difficulty and cost involved in
recapturing the discount or award for a governmental entity.

§ 36.03. COERCION OF PUBLIC SERVANT OR VOTER. (a) A
person commits an offense if by means of coercion he:
(1) influences or attempts to influence a public
servant in a specific exercise of his official power or a specific
performance of his official duty or influences or attempts to
influence a public servant to violate the public servant's known
legal duty; or
(2) influences or attempts to influence a voter not to
vote or to vote in a particular manner.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor
unless the coercion is a threat to commit a felony, in which event
it is a felony of the third degree.
(c) It is an exception to the application of Subsection
(a)(1) of this section that the person who influences or attempts to
influence the public servant is a member of the governing body of a
governmental entity, and that the action that influences or
attempts to influence the public servant is an official action
taken by the member of the governing body. For the purposes of this
subsection, the term "official action" includes deliberations by
the governing body of a governmental entity.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he's charged with "coercing" her to resign after she plead guilty to DUI and served jail time...

I'm surprised that's not automatic grounds for dismissal in her position.

It should be.

Agreed. Worthless cunt.

For her to commit an act like that when her job is to prosecute people who do that... how can she look herself in the mirror every morning and go to work?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Agreed. Worthless cunt.
For her to commit an act like that when her job is to prosecute people who do that... how can she look herself in the mirror every morning and go to work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he's charged with "coercing" her to resign after she plead guilty to DUI and served jail time...

It should be.

Agreed. Worthless cunt.

A complete lack of any sense (well, maybe just a very relativistic view) of personal responsibility, honor, integrity, ethics or morals?

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#37]
[Paul] Good thing this only happens in California, it could never happen in Texas. [/Paul]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:10:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Lawfare being waged by the Democrats.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#39]
It will be interesting to see where this goes, if anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Democrats.  They did the same to Tom Delay in order to force him to resign from the Speaker of the House.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
lol, travis county. The place is a complete joke, and they are just trying to ruin his presidential campaign. MSNBC, and CNN will be talking about this for a weeks, and make it sound like he's a felon. His bid is already over because people believe anything they see on tv. Liberals will say "rick perry was indicted" over, and over, and have nothing to back it up, but it doesn't matter any more.
View Quote

As mentioned above, this is the same mechanism they used to take down Tom DeLay, not to mention Ted Stevens (R-AK).
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Meanwhile in NY Gov Cuomo disbands the organization that he put together to investigate corruption but when they found something on his cronies he disbanded it. When questioned he
laughed saying I am the Gov and I put the organization together I can disband it. Meanwhile in DC AG Holder ignores congress as does Obama.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#43]
The Grand Jury must be full of foaming at the mouth liberals this week
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#44]
So does this mean that Walker, Texas Ranger will be arresting Perry, Texas Governor??

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

The GJ only hears what the prosecutor presents. Perry could have testified if he knew it was happening but he couldn't present any evidence.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
People such as this in a position of power and trust SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

Now back to reality....
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#47]
This is crazy, if Texas dont get its act together soon we are in trouble
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The GJ only hears what the prosecutor presents. Perry could have testified if he knew it was happening but he couldn't present any evidence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sneaky work there if you ask me, sounds like they are trying their damnest to get public opinion to sink Perry.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Every week in that county.  

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/texas/

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Public Integrity Unit? Threaten to cut off funding, people are going to use their authority?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top