Quoted:
Bruce lee hands down
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Size matters. A lot. How often does the tiny guy win a fight in real life? The answer is almost never.
View Quote

That is not true, it all depends on the fighting style. Is it just standing there throwing retarded punches? wrestling? or fighting with all you've got without any rules?

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You guys sound like amateurs, i saw a bruce lee movie where he beats like 50 guys at once and another where he beats chuck norris.  2 one inch punches and tyson goes down.
View Quote

U fo-got the fist full of hair
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You guys are fucking nuts.  Tyson would destroy him.
View Quote

Nope.......Tyson would be too slow. BL would have kicked him into the next world before Mikey knew the fight had started.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Tyson was just a mean individual, that in itself goes a long way in a fight.  And don't think Tyson was just a boxer, he'd do what he have to win, he's shown he was willing to fight dirty.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A (maybe) tough 5'6"/140# dude against a 5'10"/220# guy of legendary toughness. Speed difference is negligible, size, strength, speed, savagery all favor Tyson by a huge margin.

There is simply no fact based argument that gives Lee a ghost of a chance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is speed (Tyson) vs ZOMG  did he really punch me 10x after kicking me 5x in under 3secs Speed (Bruce)

Bruce Lee wins

Bruce couldn't hit Tyson hard enough to hurt him.

I agree is tough to believe based on lack of evidence, but Bruce was known as a tough SOB

B Lee - fighter

A (maybe) tough 5'6"/140# dude against a 5'10"/220# guy of legendary toughness. Speed difference is negligible, size, strength, speed, savagery all favor Tyson by a huge margin.

There is simply no fact based argument that gives Lee a ghost of a chance.

Tyson was a fighter for many years who the best fighters in the world feared. People didn't really want to get in the ring with him, and these were professional boxers.

Would anybody be scared of Bruce Lee? As you said, there's zero evidence based in fact that Bruce Lee possessed any real-world fighting skills. He was an actor and a showman (and apparently a master of legend creation). Tyson was a fighter.

Actual fighters are a different story - as mentioned, Randy Couture destroyed James Toney and boxers in general don't make good MMA fighters. But then again they're competing against an equally-sized NCAA wrestling champion with years of striking training, not actors half their size.

It's hard to believe that this much of GD believes that Bruce Lee would have any chance. I would suggest that you might as well make the same argument for Ray Park.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Scrawny asian vs. a raging, 21 year old MT without gloves?

mmmkay.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Didn't we just do this with Lee and Clay?

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#9]
How is Bruce Lee winning this poll? I'd take Tyson if Bruce Lee was armed with ninja stars, nunchuks and that shit Chong Li threw in Frank Dux's eyes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope.......Tyson would be too slow. BL would have kicked him into the next world before Mikey knew the fight had started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bonjour
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wouldn't go that far. Put him against an MMA top tier fighter closer to his size and he's toast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google image Mitch Green to see what happens when even a 6'5" heavyweight boxing champion gets in a street fight with Iron Mike Tyson.

I hope this settles this once and for all. Mike Tyson was billed as "the Baddest Man on The Planet" and he was.

Wouldn't go that far. Put him against an MMA top tier fighter closer to his size and he's toast.

I want to agree, but Mike's sheer aggressiveness would make him a very, very formidable opponent to even the best MMA fighter.

That said, Daniel Cormier is pretty goddamn hardcore.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How is Bruce Lee winning this poll? I'd take Tyson if Bruce Lee was armed with ninja stars, nunchuks and that shit Chong Li threw in Frank Dux's eyes.
View Quote

same reason people put beans in their chilli and like 1911s.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently there are a lot of starry-eyed bow staff operators on this site who equate movies and video games to real life.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#14]
This is the sort of technique that'll take the wind out of a boxer's sails. Bas was a bad, bad man. But a 135 pound guy throwing the same kick isn't going to cut it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh, give Tyson a year of bjj just enough to keep things on his feet and it would be very dangerous to go against him.

But MMA fighters can fight more open because the game is different. Boxers are fighting in a very constrained range with a small number of weapons and don't have to watch for everything you have to in NHB fighting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google image Mitch Green to see what happens when even a 6'5" heavyweight boxing champion gets in a street fight with Iron Mike Tyson.

I hope this settles this once and for all. Mike Tyson was billed as "the Baddest Man on The Planet" and he was.

Lots of those top tier MMA guys leave themselves wide open because they don't fight boxers of Tyson's caliber. Tyson in his prime with some take down defense might fare better than you think. As always YMMV

Oh, give Tyson a year of bjj just enough to keep things on his feet and it would be very dangerous to go against him.

But MMA fighters can fight more open because the game is different. Boxers are fighting in a very constrained range with a small number of weapons and don't have to watch for everything you have to in NHB fighting.

Tyson in his prime with BJJ skills would be unstoppable in any current MMA ring.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm as big a Bruce Lee fan as you'll find on this board and I'm calling the fight for Tyson.  The guy was 210 pounds of muscle wrapped around a brain full of hate; no amount of skill is going beat that.

Those of you who think Lee would win are delusional, and have never been in a real fight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tyson would literally kill him.

And Mohammad Ali, at his peak, would have beat them both like red-headed step-children.
View Quote

I believe Mohammed Ali once said that Tyson in his prime could beat him in his prime. Don't quote me on that though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Tyson is a street fighter thug who got cleaned up and put in the ring.  He would kill Bruce Lee in no time flat.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Ronda by armbar.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
[Tyson in his prime with BJJ skills would be unstoppable in any current MMA ring.
View Quote

Wouldn't go that far, either.

1) Anything can happen
2) The beauty of BJJ is that once you get close, it's very hard for a striker to generate enough power to damage you.
3) It takes a long time to acquire that level of BJJ and Tyson would be behind.
4)But then again...anything can happen. Aggressiveness can be an attribute, it can also get you into trouble. e.g. Scott Morris v Pat Smith.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Didn't we just do this with Lee and Clay?

View Quote

If so, I missed it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe Mohammed Ali once said that Tyson in his prime could beat him in his prime. Don't quote me on that though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Mohammad Ali, at his peak, would have beat them both like red-headed step-children.

That's pretty suspect as it doesn't even sound like something Clay would say.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ronda by armbar.
View Quote

That would be a better fight. Rowdy v Lee.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

3:00 or so

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Tyson would win

Because Bruce Lee would hear Tyson talk and start laughing uncontrollably
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I don't get how this is even a question.

Bruce Lee without a shred of a doubt in my mind.

Nobody could compare to him.  Tyson would never be able to touch him, much less land a punch on him.
View Quote
Every poll I see in GD is as obvious as this one.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Tyson I'm sure had a more devastating punch, but he would never have connected.  Bruce would make quick work of him in his prime.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Going with Tyson by KO 45 seconds into the 1st round.  
Bruce would quickly discover that hit strikes have little or no effect on a guy who could take punches from guys twice his size.  

Then Tyson would land one punch to Bruce's head.  

He would be lucky to survive it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#30]
This is all I need to see...

eta... After seeing those hands, I would have zero fear of fighting Bruce Lee... ZERO and I grew up watching his movies.
I don't think anyone who has ever trained Boxing, Muay Thai etc would fear Bruce at all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

1) Anything can happen
2) The beauty of BJJ is that once you get close, it's very hard for a striker to generate enough power to damage you.
4)But then again...anything can happen. Aggressiveness can be an attribute, it can also get you into trouble. e.g. Scott Morris v Pat Smith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Tyson in his prime with BJJ skills would be unstoppable in any current MMA ring.

1) Anything can happen

Maybe I should have said with BJJ background. Could also substitute with wrestling background.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Mike Tyson would literally kill Bruce Lee. Like, no shit being carried out in a body bag dead. Think about this for a second...One is the heavy weight champion of the world who fights other highly trained physical specimens, And the other is a 130 lbs actor

LOL it's a no contest. Anybody that says other wise is a retard
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4UKsI8bms

He did. (I don't know how to lot link, as I'm retarded.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Mike Tyson would literally kill Bruce Lee. Think about this for a second...One is the heavy weight champion of the world who fights other highly trained physical specimens, And the other is a 130 lbs actor

LOL it's a no contest. Anybody that says other wise is a retard
View Quote
Omg best troll post in awhile

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Apparently there are a lot of starry-eyed bow staff operators on this site who equate movies and video games to real life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

51% of GD is just as ignorant as usual. 12 year old boy sized actors fighting one of the most feared and destructive heavy weight champions of all time and 51% of you clowns opine in favor of the actor. The tooth fairy makes more sense.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL at Tyson being slow
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I think Tyson would eat him alive.  Lee might beat on him for a bit but Tyson's a lot bigger, just about a fast, and a lot stronger.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Mike tyson would absolutely destroy bruce lee.

Most straight martial arts disciplines aside from BJJ really fall apart outside of competing against other people using that discipline or in choreographed shows that are meant to look impressive but aren't realistic. Bruce lee's stunts were mostly choreographed for show and he doesn't have any proven real fight record. There are a lot of myths around bruce lee and he would get wrecked in a real fight.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Since the parameters of the fight are not defined, I give you at least two outcomes.

1. Both men have no external weapons, are not in any adventageous setting or position - I give it to Tyson.
2. Lee is equipped with a light saber, Tyson is equipped with a dildo - I give it to Lee.*

* - Tyson confuses Lee as a woman, then Lee is going to get pounded.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If Lee could stay away from Tyson until he tires, I'd bet on Lee.
View Quote

GO hit a heavy bag for 3 minutes, take a 2 minute rest, then do that for 12 rounds. It is one of the most tiring exhausting things you can do,
Add to that a 240llb man, trying to smother you while hitting you as hard as he can.
I don't think trying to tire Mike Tyson out would go as planned. Any man that can go 12 rounds with another man and still look fresh has amazing stamina.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Tyson would win

Because Bruce Lee would hear Tyson talk and start laughing uncontrollably
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Some of you also probably think the movie "Lone Survivor" is an accurate depiction of the actual event....  Bruce Lee is complete fantasy, too
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Some people are delusional. The size/strength disparity is far too great. Technique can only overcome so much. The only question is whether Lee would end up dead or only brain damaged.
View Quote

Technique can overcome size/strength very often - take UFC 4 for example when Royce Gracie (170lbs) beat much larger and stronger Dan Severn (250lbs at least).

Also, a kick is much harder hitting than a punch and has greater range. A person who trains with both legs and hands has more weapons at their disposal than a boxer who only uses their hands. I've destroyed much larger opponents, never gave a shit about their size, in fact my easiest fights were against larger guys since they just don't have the speed to hit me or avoid my hits.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That is not true, it all depends on the fighting style. Is it just standing there throwing retarded punches? wrestling? or fighting with all you've got without any rules?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Size matters. A lot. How often does the tiny guy win a fight in real life? The answer is almost never.

I'm going to say you haven't seen the outcome of many fights.

Not a whole lot of bar fights end with 140 lb MMA enthusiasts beating up 220 lb muscleheads.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Technique can overcome size/strength very often - take UFC 4 for example when Royce Gracie (170lbs) beat much larger and stronger Dan Severn (250lbs at least).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people are delusional. The size/strength disparity is far too great. Technique can only overcome so much. The only question is whether Lee would end up dead or only brain damaged.

You are going to show video of Bruce's ground game?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

GO hit a heavy bag for 3 minutes, take a 2 minute rest, then do that for 12 rounds. It is one of the most tiring exhausting things you can do,
Add to that a 240llb man, trying to smother you while hitting you as hard as he can.
I don't think trying to tire Mike Tyson out would go as planned. Any man that can go 12 rounds with another man and still look fresh has amazing stamina.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Lee could stay away from Tyson until he tires, I'd bet on Lee.

BTW, Tyson is a teenager here
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Bottom line- Tyson eats Lee as an appetizer, destroys the Gracie clan for dinner, and rapes Rousey to death for dessert.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top