Quoted:

Faith... He Believes... Amen
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No doubt Tyson was a beast back in the day, stupid fast and hit like a freight train. BUT, Bruce lee even though he was much smaller, would have sized up Tyson and likely attacked him from behind the knees and head so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.

Lee would have targeted him in vital areas and likely would have taken him down...would have been an epic fight.

Lee was just insanely fast.

Just curious why that is your opinion.  Have you ever seen Bruce Lee in a real fight?  i.e. not a choreographed fight for a movie?

Faith... He Believes... Amen

Yep, he believes Tyson would have just stood there and let Lee walk around behind him and commence to beating on him.

And vital areas? I'd bet Lee could hammer the hell out of Tyson's torso for a long time before he did any real damage while one good full power body shot from Tyson would have done 10X the damage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Can we do Jackie Chan vs Sonny Liston next? or maybe Cynthia Rothrock vs George Foreman?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can we do Jackie Chan vs Sonny Liston next? or maybe Cynthia Rothrock vs George Foreman?
View Quote

Nah. Let's do something entertaining.

Kim "The Fireball" Metzger vs. Dana White.

I don't know if White has any skill whatsoever, I'd just like to see him get his quads turned purple and cry like a girl.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying that a poll with an exact 50/50 split with nearly 1500 votes isn't entertaining?  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder how many guys over 6' voted for Bruce Lee.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Are you saying that a poll with an exact 50/50 split with nearly 1500 votes isn't entertaining?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really missed my chance to troll the hell out of this thread cause some around here associate me with MA and think I'm half a bubble off plumb, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I was the vote that put Tyson up by one...749/748.  Voting is now closed; the results are in.  Tyson destroys Lee...end of discussion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the next one should be Bruce Lee vs Ronda Rowsy. It is at least a realistic match up.

My vote if for Ronda, via armbar in the first round.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a dude at 5'7" who boxed at 175, I vote tyson, not lee.  tyson.  big black guy.  who killed people and ate their babies.
Taller dudes beat the fuck out of me with that damn jab.  Getting inside against a good boxer is very hard to do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

As a dude at 5'7" who boxed at 175, I vote Lee.
Taller dudes beat the fuck out of me with that damn jab.  Getting inside against a good boxer is very hard to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be willing to bet that getting inside Rowdy wouldn't be all that difficult.

ETA Wait. I thought you were talking about Lee v Ronda.

Surely you wouldn't think he'd have a snow flake in hell's chance against Tyson???
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
If Mike got a punch in it would be over.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yeah that would be a slaughter  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys are fucking nuts.  Tyson would destroy him.
yeah that would be a slaughter  

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I can tell you that Lee will know what he's up against like Tyson. He knows that Tyson's one dangerous SOB and stay out of his reach. He'll find a way to defeat him and he knows many ways to do it.

I know we can't get a match up and settle this but they're not in the same class.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Surely you wouldn't think he'd have a snow flake in hell's chance against Tyson???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he meant to type Tyson.

I don't think Ronda would let an old guy like me in her, since I'm not famous, poweful, or rich.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think Ronda would let an old guy like me in her, since I'm not famous, poweful, or rich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whoops.

yeah.

tyson.

duh.

I was punched a lot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I forgot the chin that Tyson had to compliment that defense and power.
Kid was an amazing fighter.
7 inches of reach meant nothing to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I forgot the chin that Tyson had to compliment that defense and power.
Kid was an amazing fighter.
7 inches of reach meant nothing to him.

7:39 that guy kisses Tyson right on the lips.  .  WTF?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#18]
In my mind I can picture lee kicking Tyson as hard as he can in the knee, or punching him as hard as he can in the face with little to no results.

Tyson would just stand there and grin and then devour him.

People who vote lee are the type of people who are impressed with karate noises.

A better poll would be Lee vs. Daniel san.  

And Ralph macchio wins with a crane kick.

BTW, I love this thread!!  And I love you ARF.  I should have been sleeping hours ago
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 3:20:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Watch that video I posted "The Science of Tyson".

Typically a boxer is able to use his reach as an advantage by making his opponent eat jabs in the face all night. The method that Cus developed...possibly just for Tyson since he was so unique, was to slip those jabs and close and come from behind the jab and hit them with a body shot or a shot to the side of the head from a position that the guy can't see. That was vintage Tyson. He routinely did that to anyone who tried the jab. I will go dig a video up and start it just before Tyson does this. I'll find him doing to a good boxer, not just some bum.

Does anyone think that Bruce Lee would kick Frank Bruno's ass?

http://youtu.be/A-_fogIfi2c?t=9m53s

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch that video I posted "The Science of Tyson".

Typically a boxer is able to use his reach as an advantage by making his opponent eat jabs in the face all night. The method that Cus developed...possibly just for Tyson since he was so unique, was to slip those jabs and close and come from behind the jab and hit them with a body shot or a shot to the side of the head from a position that the guy can't see. That was vintage Tyson. He routinely did that to anyone who tried the jab. I will go dig a video up and start it just before Tyson does this. I'll find him doing to a good boxer, not just some bum.

Does anyone think that Bruce Lee would kick Frank Bruno's ass?

http://youtu.be/A-_fogIfi2c?t=9m53s

No, I don't think Lee could even kick Pacquiao's ass.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Tyson would literally kill him

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In my mind I can picture lee kicking Tyson as hard as he can in the knee, or punching him as hard as he can in the face with little to no results.

Tyson would just stand there and grin and then devour him.

People who vote lee are the type of people who are impressed with karate noises.

A better poll would be Lee vs. Daniel san.  

And Ralph macchio wins with a crane kick.

BTW, I love this thread!!  And I love you ARF.  I should have been sleeping hours ago
View Quote

I'm serious about betting on Ronda vs Lee. They are similar in weight and she's an actual fighter who is at the top of her division.

But, Lee was an actual martial artist. He wasn't a fighter, but you need to keep in mind what a large part of the martial arts was back in those day.

Most of the Japanese, Korean and Chinese MAs were theory based. They were serious stuff, in that they were taken seriously by most. There was much debate about which art was best, etc., and dojo challenges and some fights in parking lots. The reality of it wasn't good movie material, and the real fights didn't play out like they were supposed to. But it was all serious stuff, at least in the minds of those involved.

It really comes down to being an example of people's ability to delude themselves. I was one of the deluded.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rocky Marciano would have killed either.  

http://youtu.be/vWWw9LffCFY
I thought someone would make the connection.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Tython
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can tell you that Lee will know what he's up against like Tyson. He knows that Tyson's one dangerous SOB and stay out of his reach. He'll find a way to defeat him and he knows many ways to do it.

I know we can't get a match up and settle this but they're not in the same class.
View Quote

You've never fought a fighter. Bruce Lee isn't magic. Tyson wouldn't stand there. Fighting has weight classes for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Tyson 768
Lee 764

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#26]
This thing has been within a few votes one way or another for 1500 votes.  I smell a site staff troll!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:53:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Repeatedly punching Tyson in the fist with his face will do little to hurt Tyson.

Karate-fu is not magic like in Bruce Lee's movies.

How many world championships did Bruce Lee hold?
How many professional fighters did he defeat?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:00:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck it - Mr. T vs Royce Gracie is much more entertaining.

I pity the fool who votes for Bruce Lee.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Relevant (skip to 2:35 for the action):

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

You would be hard pressed to find a more irrelevent video.

He's black.
He is bigger.

Yeah, that guy is mike tyson.

you clearly have never fought anything that wasn't choreographed or on an xbox
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I remembered that the topic of leg kicks and boxers.

Now, granted, Bowe is well past prime in this vid. But that ring is damned small and he couldn't put one glove on a no-name muay thai fighter? Why?

Leg kicks, baby. You add ONE extra aspect to a fight and those magic hands become much less magic.

And, yes, you absofuckinglutely can submit a guy with leg kicks. I've seen Thai fighters kick through doubled up baseball bats. They are brutal.

fight starts about 4;00

9:00

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I think the fat guy was trying to eat Chinese at 2:50..
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Now, granted, Bowe is well past prime in this vid. But that ring is damned small and he couldn't put one glove on a no-name muay thai fighter? Why?

Leg kicks, baby. You add ONE extra aspect to a fight and those magic hands become much less magic.

And, yes, you absofuckinglutely can submit a guy with leg kicks. I've seen Thai fighters kick through doubled up baseball bats. They are brutal.

fight starts about 4;00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3obYvgFllxo
View Quote

I remember like 12years ago watching Marco Ruas fight this big ginormous fucker.  He just kept getting in there with leg kicks....the the big giant starts favoring his leg....then limping....then TIMBEERRRRRRRRRRR!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I remember like 12years ago watching Marco Ruas fight this big ginormous fucker.  He just kept getting in there with leg kicks....the the big giant starts favoring his leg....then limping....then TIMBEERRRRRRRRRRR!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fight starts about 4;00

Varlens.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

fight starts about 4;00

View Quote

Fat, old, washed up Riddick Bowe vs. young healthy large muay thai fighter.  Yea, that's a valid comparison.

That MT fighter probably has 60 lbs on Lee.  Lee's leg was probably the same size and weight as my 13 year old nephew's.  Sure, speed produces power, but when there's no mass behind it the kick isn't going to be the silver bullet.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fat, old, washed up Riddick Bowe vs. young healthy large muay thai fighter.  Yea, that's a valid comparison.

That MT fighter probably has 60 lbs on Lee.  Lee's leg was probably the same size and weight as my 13 year old nephew's.  Sure, speed produces power, but when there's no mass behind it the kick isn't going to be the silver bullet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fight starts about 4;00

You miss the point. I'm not talking about Lee. There were a few who didn't think even MMA fighters of Tyson's size would stand much of a chance against those magic paws of his. I'm saying bull shit.

Video demonstrates that adding only one extra element changes the fight considerably. Imagine adding the rest.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Varlens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span

Varlens.

Varlens had wrestling experience. Otherwise Ruas would have likely been able to take him down and the fight would be over much sooner. Ruas was a very skilled ground fighter. But Verlens had good balance and was able to keep on his feet. Of course, he also had size as well, and needed it, but what many will not see is that he actually had a good base and balance to keep Ruas from getting a takedown.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#38]

ANOTHER reason to vote for Bruce Lee over Mike Tyson...as if you needed any more reasons....sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:42:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You guys are fucking nuts.  Tyson would destroy him.
View Quote

My god it is amazing how clueless people are on this subject. It is so ridiculous I am wondering if they just aren't trolling.

Tyson would have Bruce lee in a coma and sitting in his lap while Tyson braided his hair before you could finish reading this sentence.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You miss the point. I'm not talking about Lee. There were a few who didn't think even MMA fighters of Tyson's size would stand much of a chance against those magic paws of his. I'm saying bull shit.

Video demonstrates that adding only one extra element changes the fight considerably. Imagine adding the rest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fight starts about 4;00

A well trained MMA fighter of the same weight and endurance of a peak condition Tyson would break Tyson down like a rotting tree. He simply wasnt trained for and does not have the understanding of a proper take down defense and would be unable to stop himself from getting choked out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fight starts about 4;00

I can't help but to onder what Riddick Bowe must be up to these days.  He doesn't really seem to have trained for that fight at all.  I know plenty of guys his age that are in much, much better shape - and they aren't "professional fighters." That doesn't even address his simple lack of apparent comprehension as to the fighting style he was up against.  It's almost like he signed up to get his ass kicked for table scraps.  Is he that broke?  Heck, I almost wonder if any local golden gloves boxeer couldn't have kicked his ass in a boxing match from what I see in that video.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:22:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Another thread reminded me of this one... figured I'd check to see if the numbers were still absurdly close.

Yup.

Tyson 791

Lee 789
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#44]
50/50.  Nice
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Still 50/50.  Nice.  

How about Tyson v You?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#46]
WOO HOO!  The day has come.  Lee has more votes than Tyson.

FInally people are seeing the light....
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump because this can't be true.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#48]
When each was at his peak, who would win a fight between Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee?

Mike Tyson  (800)  50%

Bruce Lee  (801)  50%

Total Votes: 1601
View Quote

What in the everloving blue fuck?  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#49]
I figure in real life, about half of folks get their education from the movies.

I had hoped GD was better.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Bruce Lee. Way too fast for Tyson and way too precise in how he delivered strikes. Tyson gets one hit and Bruce would be down, but I don't think Tyson would ever get the opportunity to do so.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top