Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 5:20:34 PM EDT
With all this talking about adopting dogs I have one I really want to get adopted. My wife works for animal services and we were up at her work on a Sunday night trying to get a rescue to take a French mastiff. When I was walking through the kennels all the day were barking at me then I walk by this male pitbulls cage and he was just sitting there wagging his tail not making a sound. Anyways I got attached to him and want to see him go to a good home. Right now he has kennel cough but is doing good so if anyone is looking for a beautiful male pitbull with cropped ears in central Florida please let me know. I will update this post tomorrow with a picture and start a separate post.  Cross posted  from another thread.
His name his Mr wiggles. He's fine with people don't know about kids because he is at the shelter. They don't think he is dog  aggressive but he has tried to play rough with other dogs. He is fixed microchipped and has all shots.

Mr wiggles was adopted today. Girl on the left adopted him and the dog on the right is his new girlfreind.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good looking dag.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a good looking dag.
View Quote

Ya he has a really good demeanor too. I see a lot of animals that need adopted but for some reason he really stood out to me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, he clearly picked you to be his companion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Three posts and the problem is solved.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 5  dogs already. Trust me if we had the room he would have come home that night.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
What a great looking dog.  Bump for finding him a permanent family.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We have 5  dogs already. Trust me if we had the room he would have come home that night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop going to the pound if you don't want anymore dogs.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard when you have a wife that works there and brings them home all the time.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're new. Arfcom curse hasn't hit you yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for a great looking dog.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is this pup?  My sister is in Jacksonville and has been looking for a good dog.  Is there a direct link to him or are you running point?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Where about in central Florida? I'm in Tampa. If he's close I'll see what  I can do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in manatee. He won't be back up for adoption till next week because he got kennel cough. He's neutered microchips and has all his shots. The pound charges a adoption fee but if someone wants him and can't afford it I can work something out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a PSA. Kennel cough usually isn't a big deal in a healthy dog. That is about the healthiest dog I've ever seen.

"Although most cases of kennel cough will resolve without treatment, medications may speed recovery or minimize symptoms during the course of infection.  These include antibiotics that target Bordetella bacteria and cough medicines.

You may also find that keeping your dog in a well-humidified area and using a harness instead of a collar, especially for dogs that strain against a leash, will minimize the coughing.

Most dogs with kennel cough recover completely within three weeks."

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just a PSA. Kennel cough usually isn't a big deal in a healthy dog. That is about the healthiest dog I've ever seen.

"Although most cases of kennel cough will resolve without treatment, medications may speed recovery or minimize symptoms during the course of infection.  These include antibiotics that target Bordetella bacteria and cough medicines.

You may also find that keeping your dog in a well-humidified area and using a harness instead of a collar, especially for dogs that strain against a leash, will minimize the coughing.

Most dogs with kennel cough recover completely within three weeks."

View Quote

Ya he's in isolation getting medicine right now that's why he won't be put back up for adoption till next week.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Bump for this pup.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bump for this pup.
View Quote

Thank you. Come on guys I know someone needs a dog. Ias soon as you meet him you will fall in love I guarantee it. He is called mr wiggles because when you pet him he rolls over on his back and wiggles all over the floor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I WILL SEND A CHECK FOR THE ADOPTION FEE TO WHOEVER SAVES THIS GUY.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank you. Come on guys I know someone needs a dog. Ias soon as you meet him you will fall in love I guarantee it. He is called mr wiggles because when you pet him he rolls over on his back and wiggles all over the floor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump for this pup.

That could be a sign of fleas.  Do they treat them at the pound?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#20]
do we know if he is good with other dogs?  We would take him if we can get him to Columbus, Ohio...pending how he gets along with others.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
do we know if he is good with other dogs?  We would take him if we can get him to Columbus, Ohio...pending how he gets along with others.
View Quote

It is time to put the Semper Fi Dog Relay in gear.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#22]
god damn it, my lease says i can't have a dog over 30 lbs. my 14 lb taco terrier loves pit bulls (they are both terriers). I'm not a fan of cropped ears but second hand dogs can be the best dogs. I know. cause mine is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife said she will temperament test him tomorrow. He hasn't shown any signs of aggression though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
god damn it, my lease says i can't have a dog over 30 lbs. my 14 lb taco terrier loves pit bulls (they are both terriers). I'm not a fan of cropped ears but second hand dogs can be the best dogs. I know. cause mine is.
View Quote

Ya one of our rescues that got hit by a car and was gonna get put down if we didn't foster him has cropped ears. He has so mech problems with his ears constantly getting infected and he always scratching at them. We fell n love with him and kept him put I would never crop a dogs ears after seeing what he goes through.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife said she will temperament test him tomorrow. He hasn't shown any signs of aggression though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Kentucky transport checking in!
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Adopt the dog and DBAS
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#28]
That's a good looking dog!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Copy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copy.

Female half has been in contact with a GSD breeder and we are in line to get a male.  We would not be able to take on three pups (already have our furry child, Remmy).  Sorry for Mr Wiggles...I am sure he will find a good home.  My offer of covering the adoption fee still stands if anyone wants to take me up on that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Our man In South Florida is interested.  He has to talk to his wife.  I am sending him this thread
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Our man In South Florida is interested.  He has to talk to his wife.  I am sending him this thread
View Quote

?

Cool just let me know.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Update op.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I need a home. Will she adopt me?

Glad Mr. Wiggles found his home.

No, I'm cereal, will she adopt me?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I need a home. Will she adopt me?

Glad Mr. Wiggles found his home.

No, I'm cereal, will she adopt me?
View Quote

Exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top