User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 9:11:10 AM EDT

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Mission accomplished?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]
what did you get? I pick up the 7-8 dollar LEDs from Home Depot and have converted my whole place to LEDs, the output is the the same as conventional bulbs,,plus the bonus of no heat output and hope it helps reduce electric bill.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sucker.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
TMI
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been buying the CREE's for $48 for the six pack.

Outside I run the 5000K and inside 2700K and love the looks of both in their locations.
View Quote
Is it worth it to switch to LED bulbs in a rent house to save on electricity? We plan on living there for about 2 years.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is it worth it to switch to LED bulbs in a rent house to save on electricity? We plan on living there for about 2 years.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Outside I run the 5000K and inside 2700K and love the looks of both in their locations.
Sure, save the bulbs you replace and then put them back in and take the new LEDs with you when you move.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sure, save the bulbs you replace and then put them back in and take the new LEDs with you when you move.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1...im in a rental.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what did you get? I pick up the 7-8 dollar LEDs from Home Depot and have converted my whole place to LEDs, the output is the the same as conventional bulbs,,plus the bonus of no heat output and hope it helps reduce electric bill.
View Quote

3 of these for my office, and another larger 120w for the bathroom

Made in China.  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-65W-Equivalent-Bright-White-3000K-BR30-LED-Light-Bulb-ECS-BR30-65WE-WW-120-DG/204853016
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Made in China.  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-65W-Equivalent-Bright-White-3000K-BR30-LED-Light-Bulb-ECS-BR30-65WE-WW-120-DG/204853016
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China.  

How did you pay $100 for three light bulbs that cost ~$18 a piece and have free shipping?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How did you pay $100 for three light bulbs that cost ~$18 a piece and have free shipping?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China.  

It was 4 total.  The title is wrong.  I hate the 3 in my office.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Made in China.  

$72 is still quit a ways away from $100.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China.  

Prices vary by store location and you live in California.    FWIW, they're $17.97 for me too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been perfectly happy with the Feit bulbs from Costco.

$40 for a 4-pack

They're 2700K, but maybe you'd prefer that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Made in China.  

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-120W-Equivalent-Day-Light-5000K-PAR38-LED-Flood-Light-Bulb-ECS-38-120WE-CW-FL-120-TP/204632231

That one for the bathroom.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Prices vary by store location and you live in California.    FWIW, they're $17.97 for me too.
View Quote
Living in California has what to do with it?

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$40 for a 4-pack

View Quote

No, I was hoping for a more daylight color.  These ones I bought are supposed to be "bright white" but they are rather yellow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part where the prices vary by store location and you two live in different states.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No, I was hoping for a more daylight color.  These ones I bought are supposed to be "bright white" but they are rather yellow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$40 for a 4-pack

If you want daylight color, you want something in the 5000K to 5500K range.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The part where the prices vary by store location.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The part where the prices vary by store location.
If anything, they'd be more expensive here.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a 75W equivalent LED in the lamp I read by.  Just about everything else in the house has been replaced by Cree 60W equivalent bulbs or 60W equivalent Walmart bulbs which I picked up for around $4.00 each.  

I have a stockpile of regular bulbs but the damn things were burning out in weeks.  Some of my fixtures in ceilings were too hard to change so I figured LEDs would save me from falling down stairwells and breaking my neck trying to change bulbs all the time.

I haven't seen any difference in my electric usage.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am also big fan of CREE LED lights from the Home Depot. I have yet to convert entire house only areas hard to reach when bulb burns out.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$40 for a 4-pack

Bright white isn't the same thing as daylight. I like around 5500k best personally.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I am doing my whole 30 x 45 building with led cree daylights. Looks better and will light up better in the winter than fluorescent tubes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#25]
The 4 pack of dimmable br30 bulbs I bought were around $90

My whole house is 5000k LED, I think it makes it easier to see
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I have replaced my recessed lighting with these.   I tried one of the led bulbs in the old recessed light housing and hated it too.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just buy one next time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuck paying that much for light bulbs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I won't be buying any more Cree POS light bulbs.  75 watt $18.00 LED light bulb I posted about a few weeks ago burned out already.  I probably had it a total of two months but no longer have the receipt.  I bought LED bulbs thinking they would last for years.  No such luck with this one.  I'll stick to buying Walmart LEDs at $4.00 before wasting any more money on Cree crap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$40 for a 4-pack

My "fancy pig tail" lightbulbs said the same thing and I am noticing a yellow tint in the light. It of course can seen in a lot of pics, which pisses me off to no end.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#31]
80% of the bulbs in my house are LEDs now. I should have over 90% by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here - I've converted my whole house to the Cree and TCP LEDs except for the dining room chandelier and a couple flood lights outside.  I have a mixture of the 40/60/75/100 watt equivalent bulbs as well as 16 TCP LED candelabra bulbs.  Probably have $500+ invested into them.  Most of the bulbs replaced were CFLs, but the instant on and the ability to turn them on/off repeatedly without affecting life sold me (bathrooms/closets).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top