View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

I giggle like a schoolgirl every time you post that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

Woot! Woot! This post just earned someone the ban hammer. Totally worth all the ink no ink back and forth.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As a dirty inky please ask her to reconsider.  While I have tatttoos and I cellebrate each of the ones that I have,I now I look back at each one of them as a milestone or a point in life that I wish to remember but now I see them with jaded eyes.  What was cool and trendy at the time comes and goes, what was poinent and meaningfull fades with time as you grow as a person.  Soon you are left with reminders of youthfull indiscression and sometimes the choices you make in your younger years last a lifetime.  The small imperfections that you see in a new tattoo increase 7 fold as you age and the choices to correct those mistakes are limited and costy.  I know you may see that cute Tweety bird or bitchin Panther on the wall at the shop but not every ink slinger can paint a Mona Lisa on your canvas . Unfortunately you can be stuck with something much worse than an Elvis on velvet or dogs playing pool in a short time.   If she insists on moving forward I ask that you remind her of how she interacts with inkys and remind her that she will now wear her own scarlett letter forever more and that she consider the placement VERY carefully.  The boobs, arms, neck face or any place visible in office attire can seriously limit your employment oportunities in the future, so choose wisely.
View Quote

ETA: and paragraphs, bro, seriously.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The boobs, arms, neck face or any place visible in office attire can seriously limit your employment oportunities in the future, so choose wisely.
View Quote

Any thing that is visible in normal attire she has ruled out. She's not looking for anything bigger then a few words or a small cross or something. She is definately not looking for something that other people would even know about without her showing them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Apparently I show as offline now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sinners.

Apparently I show as offline now...

Still.  Banned?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering you have one, it'd be kind of hypocritical to tell her not to get one. When my ex started getting stupid tattoos, it really changed my view of her, to the point where I lost interest in her. Stupid permanent actions probably indicate more to come down the road. It's hard to forget about something that you see everyday...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, we are parents of six (all homeschooled), in our mid thirties. I'm a computer programmer and she is a stay at home mom who is going back to school to get a second bachelors degree in nursing because she felt like learning medical skills.

So we aren't the WT tattoo types of people hanging out in front of Wally world smoking cigs in our wife beaters.

She's not trying to be trendy. I've tried to pry her reasons out of her, but she can be a tough nut to crack at times. I think it is a way for her to celebrate a sort of new beginning for her.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not at all...
I think that you're assuming a tattoo is always something people do to fit in, instead of something for themselves.
A tattoo for yourself will never fade away (no pun intended) because we didn't get them to show off, unlike wearing backward pants, or mullets, or whatever.
But yeah, a tattoo that someone gets to be a part of a group/trend (tribal arm band, YOLO tat) will die out and be ridiculous at some point in time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, strike a nerve there?
You are tone deaf if you haven't recognized the mainstreaming of tattoos in the past 10 years.  Just because a fashion trend isn't new doesn't mean that it won't go bust after a boom.  We're living in the boom.  The best is inevitable.  Tattoos will take their place in history next to mom jeans and parachute pants and await their comeback in 30 years.  Of course, you can't put your tattoos away in storage.  

Not at all...
I think that you're assuming a tattoo is always something people do to fit in, instead of something for themselves.
A tattoo for yourself will never fade away (no pun intended) because we didn't get them to show off, unlike wearing backward pants, or mullets, or whatever.
But yeah, a tattoo that someone gets to be a part of a group/trend (tribal arm band, YOLO tat) will die out and be ridiculous at some point in time.

I agree 100%

If you look back 20 years from now, at the worst it will be a reminder of where you were. Good or bad, it is part of who you are, what you did, and where you came from. If you regret it, it'll be a reminder of why you regret doing what you did. If you still like it, it'll be a reminder of times you enjoyed and the things you did.
Too many of the pureskins here are too worried about other peoples perception of them, and need to learn to let go and do things for themselves

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a dirty inky please ask her to reconsider.  While I have tatttoos and I cellebrate each of the ones that I have,I now I look back at each one of them as a milestone or a point in life that I wish to remember but now I see them with jaded eyes.  What was cool and trendy at the time comes and goes, what was poinent and meaningfull fades with time as you grow as a person.  Soon you are left with reminders of youthfull indiscression and sometimes the choices you make in your younger years last a lifetime.  The small imperfections that you see in a new tattoo increase 7 fold as you age and the choices to correct those mistakes are limited and costy.  I know you may see that cute Tweety bird or bitchin Panther on the wall at the shop but not every ink slinger can paint a Mona Lisa on your canvas . Unfortunately you can be stuck with something much worse than an Elvis on velvet or dogs playing pool in a short time.   If she insists on moving forward I ask that you remind her of how she interacts with inkys and remind her that she will now wear her own scarlett letter forever more and that she consider the placement VERY carefully.  The boobs, arms, neck face or any place visible in office attire can seriously limit your employment oportunities in the future, so choose wisely.

Why, bother you? FIFY Francis.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll be cool until it's not cool and then it'll be like a mullet that you can't cut.  This trend will jump the shark eventually.

Not that I don't think cool tattoos are cool, but I wouldn't want to make a life long commitment to a fashion trend.

5,000+ years and the trend is still going strong..

I've actually been really surprised at the quality of some of the 2,500+ year old ink they have found.. Both guys and girls with full sleeves and back pieces that look better, with better line work and more solid color than many tattoos today..

The iceman was a dirty inkie from 5300 years ago.

Oh, I voted Hell No. IMO women with tatts look trashy.

When he was first found, the recovery team thought he

was freshly dead and just frozen. So, they were a bit rough in recovery and his penis held fast in the ice and was ripped off.

The chick with sleeves had awesome ink.. http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/

"Bold will hold"

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BTW, we are parents of six (all homeschooled), in our mid thirties. I'm a computer programmer and she is a stay at home mom who is going back to school to get a second bachelors degree in nursing because she felt like learning medical skills.

So we aren't the WT tattoo types of people hanging out in front of Wally world smoking cigs in our wife beaters.

She's not trying to be trendy. I've tried to pry her reasons out of her, but she can be a tough nut to crack at times. I think it is a way for her to celebrate a sort of new beginning for her.
View Quote

What'cha sayin', bro?  You don't like my spiffy clean white t-shirt?  I'm out FRONT, b/c they won't let me smoke INSIDE.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:52:19 AM EDT
[#12]
OMG, people will whisper at her funeral and she will never find employment anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:01:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sooooooo glad my wife (or I) never got a tattoo. There have been several times we we thought about it.

Every time I see a woman with a tattoo, I think "trashy".  

For the weekend, trashy can be good, but for the mother of my children?

(Just one guy's opinion)

Pretty much this.

This
Spend the money on some lattis work from Home Depot so the neighbors don't have to keep looking at the wheels still bolted up to your house.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just no.

Her skin is perfect and doesn't need to be defiled.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#15]
if you scratched off stars, butterflys, roses, lotus flowers, infinity symbols and japanese cherry blossums - women would be inkless.

It's hard to convince a girl  to get a bucket of fried chicken inked on them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I always learned to draw on paper not myself.  Pureskin for the win
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I say no....one of the things people should be decided about before getting married.

Depends of course, but I REALLY dislike tattoos.  My girlfriend has two small ones from when she was 16 and a moron.....firm that there's no more.  I'd be unsettled....if she wanted another one.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
talk her out of it
View Quote

This.
Ask her ifany of the Victorias Secret, Boston Proper, Chadwicks, Venus models have tattoos showing (they dont)
Go to WalMart or a county fair and they are abundant.
Which group does she want to emulate
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lot more "hell no!" counted in the poll than I would've guessed. Too bad. If there was a "FUCK YEAH!" option, I would've hammered on that one.

Oh, by the way....

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/358x433q90/10/qsz5.png
View Quote

Loves me a Bofors.  (Pant, pant, moan...)
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It'll be cool until it's not cool and then it'll be like a mullet that you can't cut.  This trend will jump the shark eventually.

Not that I don't think cool tattoos are cool, but I wouldn't want to make a life long commitment to a fashion trend.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

My attitude is 'Why bother?"
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

It is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:07:55 AM EDT
[#22]
She should get some ink done, everyone has an opinion on it. If they regret their's it probably because they now hate the location where they got it

Sucks to be them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the ink went to his head.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:12:16 AM EDT
[#24]
If she wants a tattoo she should be able get one without consulting you first. Surely she is not considering a face tattoo , that's about the only one I would have a problem with.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#25]
On the part of the neck you are showing us?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#26]
OP I'm in the same boat. Soon to be wife wants a bible verse tattooed on her upper arm. I told her I didn't support it because of the location she wanted it. When we go to functions and she wears cocktail dresses it will look trashy.

I'm not against tattoos or inkies, it just looks bad when the funeral directors wife is covered in tattoos and piercings and wears skull tshirts.

At the same time I don't think I have a right to control her.

Basically welcome to marriage.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.
Ask her ifany of the Victorias Secret, Boston Proper, Chadwicks, Venus models have tattoos showing (they dont)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
talk her out of it

This.

Addendum: if she gets the tat, be sure to have hair butched and wear Capri pants with flip flops to complete the look.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy
lol.

You seem ... familiar.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Has she joined a biker gang or the Navy or something? Starting a side show career?

Small tattoos look like crap. If I couldn't commit to a back piece and then some, I wouldn't get one.

Small tattoos look like haphazardly placed stickers on a car. Or like dirt. Tattoos should work with the body, not just sit on the skin like a random stain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#30]
It takes an exceptionally ugly person for a tattoo to make them more attractive in my opinion.

On the other hand, any beautiful person I have seen with tats, would have been better off without them.

That said, tattoos are for them to enjoy, not really for others to enjoy. I have heard that for some women, it makes them feel much sexier all the time, which could go in the OP's favor.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:39:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Tatoos don't add anything to the natural beauty of the human body. Getting tatoos is like spraying graffiti on a building. In both cases, it's vandalism.

It's your body, so you can ruin it if you want. But just because something is permitted, doesn't mean that it's wise.

Personally, if my wife got a tatoo, I'd divorce her. Same as if she took up smoking. But I don't think that's an issue because she's not that kind of person.

Bottom line: tatoos are low-class and trashy.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Tattoos have been around a long time.
There are prudes that look down on people with them , I only have one on my arm ( not sure if that makes me an inky)

Don't really worry about what people day , I would suggest something that is easily covered by a short sleeve shirt if it's to be  on her upper body. Also along the same lines if she ever wears skirts or shorts ?

Find a quality artist that does quality work - this is one time you don't want to skimp
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
She's cheating on you. He like tats. Sorry.
(Standard GD response to any unanswered wife question).

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Before she gets it find out how much it costs to get removed and put that money in a savings account. My wife got one of those cool tribal band tattoos on her ankle in the late 90s. Now as a mother of three and a business professional she is having it removed.  It has taken a year of laser treatments and $1500. It's should be gone after one more session with the laser.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmmmm, I've heard this before.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#36]
What's the point in having a tattoo if no one is going to see it?

It's like me shaving my balls, if I go to the trouble, I want to show them to some body.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I view tattoos as being similar to plastic surgery.   (The exception being reconstructive surgery, of course)

It's done by insecure people who aren't happy with something about themselves, or their life, and look to outside sources to fix it.

Finding inner peace and acceptance of who you are/how you were born is not something a surgeon/artist can fix.

That's why so few have only one tattoo/surgery. They get it done thinking it will satisfy some need in their life. Only it doesn't, that need is still there. So they try again, and again, but it never fills the void in their mind.

Talk it out with her,  I'll bet she feels there's something missing in her life and the desire for a tat is just a symptom of an underlying sense of self-dissatisfaction.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
talk her out of it
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Try to steer her towards classic and tasteful as much as you can.  Spur of the moment is not good. Settling is not good. A dirty shop is not good. Hooked needles are not good.

My first couple were not all that bad. On the others, I worked with the artist to make them better and more suitable.  The last two were custom creations with the artist.

Wife is a retired CPO.  She wanted a fouled anchor and I tried for the longest time to find or create one that would suit her. Never did.

She wound up getting a matching phoenix along with daughters #1 and #2.  Different colors, but same flash. They are all happy.

I'm thinking some day she'll get the anchor.   I'm GTG with it.  All is right with the world.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#41]
I prefer a woman covered in ink, as opposed to one single small tattoo.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It is pretty awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

It is pretty awesome.

BOOM!  Headshot!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#43]
OP, has your wife considered angel wings on her back.  I kind of like those.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a couple of tattoos from my Private First Class days as a Marine.  Think long and hard, then think again. Think some more.

That shit is forever.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#45]
response should be attorney
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm just here for lulz.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Stained skin ...... stained souls  ...........  

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Put your local bailbond guy on speed dial.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#49]
The wife has a thin line outline heart in red low on the right side of her neck. In a regular blouse you can't see it at all. It does show when she's wearing a t-shirt. It's not very large either so most people don't notice it. Its about 1 by .75 inches in size.

ETA: The wife got this on her 50th and has no regrets. She does not like tattoos in general.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

Not to complain or anything, but how the heck does somebody make it through Arfcom's vetting process to get a tank and still turn out to be a retread?

I suppose the easiest way is to not have a tank with the banned ID, and then get one with the new ID, but still....

Seems like some checks and balances are lacking somewhere.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top