Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/1/2014 9:03:29 PM EDT
She is looking at examples on de webz right now.

She says she doesn't want it any where visible in normal outfits. i.e. no arms, legs, ankles, shoulder blades.

IDK about the whole thing. In fairness I have a Celtic Cross on my right arm. I got it when I was young, dumb, and in the army. I don't regret it at all. To me it is celebration of my faith and Celtic heritage. But for her I cant think of too many places she can get one or something she can get that will be significant enough to have meaning but not in an unclassy place.

I'm so conflicted. Part of me finds tattoes quite sexy, but another part finds them classless and trashy. I guess it will depend on what she gets.

In before dirty inkie.

Rules and all that...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Dirty inkies..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Butterfly, rose, dolphin or tinkerbell.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Bhole tattoo.

FBHTT
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]
talk her out of it
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bhole tattoo.

FBHTT
View Quote

Is it gonna be a "bull's-eye target" or just a regular "Sunshine with a 'stick it in here'" tat?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Tramp stamp maybe!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Where's it going?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It'll be cool until it's not cool and then it'll be like a mullet that you can't cut.  This trend will jump the shark eventually.

Not that I don't think cool tattoos are cool, but I wouldn't want to make a life long commitment to a fashion trend.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Sinners.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Just no.

Her skin is perfect and doesn't need to be defiled.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#11]
H.R. Giger backpiece?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sinners.
View Quote

Apparently I show as offline now...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I am sooooooo glad my wife (or I) never got a tattoo. There have been several times we we thought about it.

Every time I see a woman with a tattoo, I think "trashy".  

For the weekend, trashy can be good, but for the mother of my children?

(Just one guy's opinion)
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm so conflicted part of me finds tattoes quite sexy, but another part finds them classless and trashy. I guess it will depend on what she gets.
View Quote

It's the classless and trashy part of you that finds them "sexy".
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh, as long as you can live with it I'd say just let your wife do as she pleases. Buuuut, I'm a dirty inky and so is my SO, so my opinion is automatically invalid
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is it gonna be a "bull's-eye target" or just a regular "Sunshine with a 'stick it in here'" tat?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bhole tattoo.

FBHTT

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#17]
her body, her rules
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It'll be cool until it's not cool and then it'll be like a mullet that you can't cut.  This trend will jump the shark eventually.

Not that I don't think cool tattoos are cool, but I wouldn't want to make a life long commitment to a fashion trend.
View Quote

Yeah, because tattoos are a brand new thing, and haven't been around for forever.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

5,000+ years and the trend is still going strong..

I've actually been really surprised at the quality of some of the 2,500+ year old ink they have found.. Both guys and girls with full sleeves and back pieces that look better, with better line work and more solid color than many tattoos today..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Doesn't seem that long ago that 'Butterfly' was a major sexual insult about a woman, now they get tattoos of them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Am I in before the pureskins and ink haters? Probably not.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Dude...if you don't want her to get it, tell her no.  Or let her do it.  If I were you I wouldn't care.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am sooooooo glad my wife (or I) never got a tattoo. There have been several times we we thought about it.

(Just one guy's opinion)
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, because tattoos are a brand new thing, and haven't been around for forever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, strike a nerve there?

You are tone deaf if you haven't recognized the mainstreaming of tattoos in the past 10 years.  Just because a fashion trend isn't new doesn't mean that it won't go bust after a boom.  We're living in the boom.  The best is inevitable.  Tattoos will take their place in history next to mom jeans and parachute pants and await their comeback in 30 years.  Of course, you can't put your tattoos away in storage.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Can't help ya,  my wife would fit in at the carnival sideshow.  ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#26]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, as long as she gets one of those classy, non-trashy tattoos it will be cool.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#28]
The problem with tattoos is low standards. Imagine if everyone was satisfied with high points and showed them off constantly. No screw that, Hi points are too nice for the ink i see. imagine if everyone had Pakistani cave guns and showed them off constantly.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#29]
You're the guy that was in the ER last night, about to die of AIDS, right?  If your life insurance will mean your wife never having to enter the labor market, ask her to get a memorial face tattoo to you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Voted hell no but meant no. Not a deal breaker if it's discreet and meaningful. I like clean skin but it's JMO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You're the guy that was in the ER last night, about to die of AIDS, right?  If your life insurance will mean your wife never having to enter the labor market, ask her to get a memorial face tattoo to you.
View Quote

Yeah I am that guy from the ER last night Hopefully that won't be my lasting legacy on arfcom. But no AIDS just an inflamed prostate.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol, strike a nerve there?

You are tone deaf if you haven't recognized the mainstreaming of tattoos in the past 10 years.  Just because a fashion trend isn't new doesn't mean that it won't go bust after a boom.  We're living in the boom.  The best is inevitable.  Tattoos will take their place in history next to mom jeans and parachute pants and await their comeback in 30 years.  Of course, you can't put your tattoos away in storage.  
View Quote

Not at all...

I think that you're assuming a tattoo is always something people do to fit in, instead of something for themselves.

A tattoo for yourself will never fade away (no pun intended) because we didn't get them to show off, unlike wearing backward pants, or mullets, or whatever.

But yeah, a tattoo that someone gets to be a part of a group/trend (tribal arm band, YOLO tat) will die out and be ridiculous at some point in time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dude...if you don't want her to get it, tell her no.  Or let her do it.  If I were you I wouldn't care.
View Quote

Ding. At this point, the OP's spouse is discussing it with him. Which is WAY the fuck more than my ex-cuntbitchwhore talked to me about getting a clit piercing.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am talking to her about it. I give her my opinion on 95% of things without fear, this being one of those things.

I like to see the drama of GD play out as well though. Occasionally you get pearls of wisdom.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I am talking to her about it. I give her my opinion on 95% of things without fear, this being one of those things.

I like to see the drama of GD play out as well though. Occasionally you get pearls of wisdom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm willing to bet if you re-read your vows you will find your answer.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Classless and trashy

lol.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#37]
In before OP wonders how he got hepatitis C.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Just one guy's opinion)

Pretty much this.

"Every time I see a girl with art hanging in her house I think 'trashy'"
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Does she already have a criminal history?

This will be important information when future correlations between ink and pure stupidity are drawn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Pic of place on her body that is not visible in normal outfits? F5 F5 F5 F5

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've actually been really surprised at the quality of some of the 2,500+ year old ink they have found.. Both guys and girls with full sleeves and back pieces that look better, with better line work and more solid color than many tattoos today..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The iceman was a dirty inkie from 5300 years ago.

Oh, I voted Hell No. IMO women with tatts look trashy.

When he was first found, the recovery team thought he
was freshly dead and just frozen. So, they were a bit rough in recovery and his penis held fast in the ice and was ripped off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

was freshly dead and just frozen. So, they were a bit rough in recovery and his penis held fast in the ice and was ripped off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The chick with sleeves had awesome ink.. http://siberiantimes.com/culture/others/features/siberian-princess-reveals-her-2500-year-old-tattoos/
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Tell her if she can wait, her friends in prison will do it for a small price
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Solid.  Fucking.  Gold.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Ha ha!  As some of you may know, Muslims don't get tattoos.  My buddy from Iraq worked for us for 8 years over there, I've seen the certificates, & we met while we were both in Baghdad.  He brings his wife & family over, and his wife GETS America.  She loves it.  What symbolizes freedom to her - tattoos.  He says No!  We're Muslim!  Muslims don't get tattoos!  She batted those Arab eyes @ him & he paid for 3.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Lot more "hell no!" counted in the poll than I would've guessed. Too bad. If there was a "FUCK YEAH!" option, I would've hammered on that one.

Oh, by the way....

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

Sploosh..
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Classless and trashy

lol.

You seem ... familiar.

Damn!! 2160 posts from November 2012 and you snipe his ass now!?!? Gotdamn. Holy poopsickles
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#50]
As a dirty inky please ask her to reconsider.  While I have tatttoos and I celebrate each of the ones that I have,I now I look back at each one of them as a milestone or a point in life that I wish to remember but now I see them with jaded eyes.  What was cool and trendy at the time comes and goes, what was poignant and meaningful fades with time as you grow as a person.  Soon you are left with reminders of youthful indiscression and sometimes the choices you make in your younger years last a lifetime.  The small imperfections that you see in a new tattoo increase 7 fold as you age and the choices to correct those mistakes are limited and costy.

I know you may see that cute Tweety bird or bitchin Panther on the wall at the shop but not every ink slinger can paint a Mona Lisa on your canvas . Unfortunately you can be stuck with something much worse than an Elvis on velvet or dogs playing pool in a short time.   If she insist on moving forward I ask that you remind her of how she interacts with inkys and remind her that she will now wear her own Scarlett letter forevermore and that she consider the placement VERY carefully.  The boobs, arms, neck face or any place visible in office attire can seriously limit your employment oportunities in the future, so choose wisely.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top