Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fine with the breed as long as the owners are held liable for the damage done during attacks both civilly and criminally.
View Quote

I could really get on board with this.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Another breed of peace thread......

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Fixed your derp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One u totally control.

The other is under no control and breed trained or allowed to be vicious.

It's that simple.

Every time a cop shoots one I do a little dance of Joy...

Fixed your derp.

What? You are implying APBTs were not breed to be vicious? That's taking it to a whole new level. Granted they were breed to be vicious to other dogs, but they were most certainly breed to be vicious. If your APBT is not vicious it is likely just an AmStaff or a mutt.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What? You are implying APBTs were not breed to be vicious? That's taking it to a whole new level. Granted they were breed to be vicious to other dogs, but they were most certainly breed to be vicious. If your APBT is not vicious it is likely just an AmStaff or a mutt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One u totally control.

It's that simple.

Fixed your derp.

So much false I can't deal...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One u totally control.

It's that simple.

Fixed your derp.

By the same logic, a dog that's a member of a herding breed but doesn't herd livestock is obviously not a purebred.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
GD hates many things I love

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My Catahoulas bulldog looks like a pitbull and people are always asking me if I feel that he's a "threat" to my baby.

My daughter has pretty much done everything she could to provoke that dog and he just runs away from her.

He even almost got hit by a car when she tried to run out into the street and he stopped her.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

By the same logic, a dog that's a member of a herding breed but doesn't herd livestock is obviously not a purebred.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One u totally control.

It's that simple.

Fixed your derp.

Lmao

Where do you clowns think the "Bull" part of the name came from exactly?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
ERMAGHERD! Gimme

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The only breed of dog to have ever pissed in my car was a pit bull.  It also ate my lunch.

The bitch was wandering around a 2 lane at O dark thirty so I threw her fat ass in the back seat.  Next thing I know my Triscuits are gone and my Escape (company vehicle, three weeks old) had been christened.

Fuck pit bulls, no golden retriever would have urinated in my car.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The only breed of dog to have ever pissed in my car was a pit bull.  It also ate my lunch.[://

The bitch was wandering around a 2 lane at O dark thirty so I threw her fat ass in the back seat.  Next thing I know my Triscuits are gone and my Escape (company vehicle, three weeks old) had been christened.

Fuck pit bulls, no golden retriever would have urinated in my car.
View Quote
I lol'd

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One u totally control.

It's that simple.

Fixed your derp.

Not quite, here let me help you. A dog that is breed to retrieve like a Lab, will likely bring things back to you. A dog that is breed to herd like a GSD will likely try to round up animals. A dog that is breed to fight will likely bite.

People often mistake AMStaffs for APBTs simply because The APBT breed started out as AMStaffs that were selected for their gameness. People often call mutts of various breeding pit bulls. The media is bad about doing this as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are making even less sense now.

As for what I would say to that person..............I would say nothing, just turn and walk away while laughing at them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is pointing out a logical fallacy.

Pit bull bites someone = all pit bulls are bad, according to GD

Same logic: gun owner shoots someone = all gun owners are bad

He is not comparing inanimate object to animal, but rather gun owners to pit bulls. And the logic is no matter who is spouting it. We all know that the vast majority of pit bulls and gun owners will never harm anyone, but some people get their panties wadded wanting something to worry about.

Someone with a brain. Thank you.

Not really.  It's bullshit.

A gun owner shooting someone in self-defense is one thing and we will defend that.

We don't defend people who go on mindless shooting sprees.

So much for your bullshit claim of "hypocrisy".

You obviously did not read my post correctly

The hypocrisy is that alot of people think ALL gun owners are bad because of the bad rap guns are getting now when someone shoots up a place. Same with pitbulls. A dog bites a kid and people think all pitbulls are bad. If someone came up to you and said you are a bad person because you own a gun, what would you say? Understand?

You are making even less sense now.

As for what I would say to that person..............I would say nothing, just turn and walk away while laughing at them.

Which is exactly what I would do if someone said that about my dog.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem with pit bulls is capability, not breeding (although the breeding has created the capability).

It isn't that pit bulls are so prone to violence, it is that they don't fucking give up. What you have is a creature that is strong and more determined than most other breeds.

Now combine that with the fact that many people who ought not to own any dog, let alone a pit bull, find them desirable, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Pit bulls end up being the tapco fucked SKS or Vulcan 50 BMG of the dog world. In the former case, they dog isn't at fault but was fucked up by the owner. In the latter case the owner didn't bother doing a damned bit of research or paying attention to what they were getting and the situation ends with blood and gunpowder.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lmao    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One u totally control.

It's that simple.

Fixed your derp.

Lmao    

The breeding of gamey terriers with bull catching breeds in an effort to come up with a more capable fighting breed of dog. What do I win?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll use any excuse to post a pic of my dag.

Haters gonna hate.  Funny thing is though, I've never met one of the tough guy "shoot 'em all" types in the real world.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I agree 100% and I've been saying the same thing since I joined this site.

View Quote

Also if a lot of these guys left moms basement they would see that hating pitbulls for being agressive  is actually a minority opinion. It's just rampant on this site.  Like hating tattoos lol.

No point in trying to change anyone's mind on here, but that's fine.  Dumbers gon dumb.  

I should actually stay out of dog threads I get in too much trouble

ETA I know nobody will admit this but I think at least some of the Pitbull hate in GD comes from people fitting in. People on this site (and in general) love to fit in with the cool crowd. They say fo and 87 and other arfcom specific lingo that they just see other people using and think it's better to play along than look like some n00bdick outsider. So it's no surprise to me that people hate tattoos and pitbulls and cops because it's "what all the cool kids are doing".

Back to your regularly scheduled programming lol

It's common among a few circles;  nanny staters and soccer moms mostly.  People who can look at a nation of 300 million people and even more guns and think a few thousand deaths is an epidemic of violence that you're lucky to survive every time you leave your house, or that a couple guys a year snapping and killing a couple dozen people means that spree shootings are an every day thing.

You know, people utterly incapable of rational thought, who operate entirely on emotion.

Arfcom's pit bull haters aren't like them, though.  They've arrived at their conclusions that a breed of millions killing a dozen people a year is a horrific epidemic of terror from pure logic and reason.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#19]

That monster is thinking about stealing your gun and murdering you.  2 for one deal in the scary statistics department.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The problem with pit bulls is capability, not breeding (although the breeding has created the capability).

It isn't that pit bulls are so prone to violence, it is that they don't fucking give up. What you have is a creature that is strong and more determined than most other breeds.

Now combine that with the fact that many people who ought not to own any dog, let alone a pit bull, find them desirable, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Pit bulls end up being the tapco fucked SKS or Vulcan 50 BMG of the dog world. In the former case, they dog isn't at fault but was fucked up by the owner. In the latter case the owner didn't bother doing a damned bit of research or paying attention to what they were getting and the situation ends with blood and gunpowder.
View Quote

Pretty much spot on. Pits have a stronger pack bond than any other breed I've dealt with. They're also remarkably hard headed. They require an owner that is willing to put in the effort to ensure that the dog understands and respects it's place in the (home) pack. The owner also has to ensure that the dog takes its cues for interactions with non-pack members from the owner.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Holy shit, did the person that took that survive?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Just this past Monday, this guy wandered up to a friend's house just down the road from my shop.  The wife wanted to keep him but was afraid that it might cause problems with her brother (and family) due to visit this weekend.  I agreed to let him stay at my shop for the week until her family had left town, and then she could take her new pup home.  The poor guy was nothing but skin and bones, and covered from head to toe in ticks and fleas.  My son and I bathed him and we must have pulled 70 ticks off of him, including several in his ears, but the worst thing the vicious killer did was lick me in the face.  Poor guy sat at the gate and cried like a baby the first night we left him there, and he followed me around the shop like a little shadow during the day.  Almost wish I could have kept him, but I'm more of a Golden Retriever kind of guy...

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#23]
We were at the PetSmart tonight picking up crickets for our one pet frog.  Our 4 year old always wants to see the fish and the cats.  

We headed over to the cats area and there were 3 people from St Francis there with 4 dogs.  1 girl was holding the leash on a pit, one was sitting on the floor holding 2 puggle looking things, and another on the floor restraining a chow.  I say restraining as just as we walked up I heard a low growl and swung my kid to my other side to put distance between her and the dogs.  One of the handlers scolded the chow it was pissed at the other 3 dogs.    My daughter asked if she could pet the puggles.  The handler said it was ok.  My daughter correctly knelt down and the puggles were all over her wanting to snuggle and be petted.  

The handler with the pit started to back away to take up slack on the dogs leash.  I realized she backed up as the pit was going for my daughter from the side.   I stepped in between them just as the pit lunged at my daughters feet and fell on its side wanting to be petted.  I knew my daughter was distracted so I gave it some loving.  It was such a sweet dog.  When my daughter tired of the puggles I told her that the pit wanted to be petted too.  So she turned to it and the dog nuzzled her while she stroked it's neck.

The only time I was afraid was when my daughter asked if she could pet the fuzzy dog.  I relented because there were 2 other kids petting its head and the handler said pet here indicating an area on the side.  The handler had the collar in her hand to keep it under control.  I have seen the damage that chows cause.  

As we walked away my daughter said thank you to the handlers and I gave the pit an extra snuggle for being so good.  If we did not live were we are now I would have considered taking that dog home with us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
I pretty much agree with that.

Pitbulls will give up, but not for the reasons other dogs give up. Like pain for example. They feel it, they just don't let it stop them. They are super loyal though, no matter how bad my dog wants something, she wants to make me happy more. That's why I compare dog owners to gun owners even though dogs and guns are not equivalent. Both are capable of serious damage with irresponsible owners.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The breeding of gamey terriers with bull catching breeds in an effort to come up with a more capable fighting breed of dog. What do I win?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed your derp.

Lmao    

Fighting what? It certainly wasn't other dogs.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'll use any excuse to post a pic of my dag.

http://m-mason.smugmug.com/Animals/Puppy-1/i-BvzLFC4/0/L/20140727-GUNS1045-L.jpg

Haters gonna hate.  Funny thing is though, I've never met one of the tough guy "shoot 'em all" types in the real world.

View Quote
Gorgeous.

And me either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Also if a lot of these guys left moms basement they would see that hating pitbulls for being agressive  is actually a minority opinion. It's just rampant on this site.  Like hating tattoos lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree 100% and I've been saying the same thing since I joined this site.

No point in trying to change anyone's mind on here, but that's fine.  Dumbers gon dumb.  

I should actually stay out of dog threads I get in too much trouble

ETA I know nobody will admit this but I think at least some of the Pitbull hate in GD comes from people fitting in. People on this site (and in general) love to fit in with the cool crowd. They say fo and 87 and other arfcom specific lingo that they just see other people using and think it's better to play along than look like some n00bdick outsider. So it's no surprise to me that people hate tattoos and pitbulls and cops because it's "what all the cool kids are doing".

Back to your regularly scheduled programming lol

It's common among a few circles;  nanny staters and soccer moms mostly.  People who can look at a nation of 300 million people and even more guns and think a few thousand deaths is an epidemic of violence that you're lucky to survive every time you leave your house, or that a couple guys a year snapping and killing a couple dozen people means that spree shootings are an every day thing.

You know, people utterly incapable of rational thought, who operate entirely on emotion.

Arfcom's pit bull haters aren't like them, though.  They've arrived at their conclusions that a breed of millions killing a dozen people a year is a horrific epidemic of terror from pure logic and reason.

Lmao. Well said.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]
OP was TL--DR

Are we bashing people who have, or don't have, pitbulls

I haven't got one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pitbulls will give up, but not for the reasons other dogs give up. Like pain for example. They feel it, they just don't let it stop them. They are super loyal though, no matter how bad my dog wants something, she wants to make me happy more. That's why I compare dog owners to gun owners even though dogs and guns are not equivalent. Both are capable of serious damage with irresponsible owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A retard with a pit bull or a retard with a Vulcan 50. Either way, someone is going to need stitches, a surgeon, or a coroner.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP was TL--DR

Are we bashing people who have, or don't have, pitbulls

I haven't got one.
View Quote

Who knows. If and when OP gets out of detention he can fill us in on who to bash.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it was. The American Pit Bull Terrier was breed to fight other dogs. AMStaffs arguably were breed to catch animals but APBTs were breed for fighting, hence the "pit" part of the name. This is Piitbull 101 type discussion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread's a party.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One u totally control.

The other is under no control and breed to be vicious.

It's that simple.

View Quote

Every one of these thread I seem to add someone to my ignore list.  This one is no exception.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll give any dog a chance but there's no way in hell I'm bringing a pit into my house with my kids.  It's my theory that there's good and bad strains of pits.  There's definitely something up with some of these strains with regards to aggression.

Also.....

http://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10498145_302986986546198_4473995114910275022_o.jpg
View Quote

At least one addition....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Owned pits for 39 years. Never had a bad one.Good owners make good pits. Gangster owners make bad pits. My dogs have done their job. They stopped two burglaries at my house. They have been my friend in bad times. My grandchild took her first steps holding on to the back of one of them. I personally could care less what ignorant uninformed people think. By the way I am LEO. The only dog I ever came close to shooting was a chow mix that attacked me. A good shot of OC changed his mind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yes it was. The American Pit Bull Terrier was breed to fight other dogs. AMStaffs arguably were breed to catch animals but APBTs were breed for fighting, hence the "pit" part of the name. This is Piitbull 101 type discussion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it wasn't.   It was breed for bull baiting.

One of the key characteristics of the breed was an absolute no aggression towards humans.    FWIW they make lousy guard dogs.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
With so many anti-pitbull threads i came to the conclusion that there are alot of ignorant hypocrites on this website. For example, i see people complaining about pitbulls, about how they are ALL bad and they should all be put down because they are an "aggressive breed". The irony is that you guys are quick to defend your gun rights and gun owners as soon as another shooting happens. With some of your mentalities, like pitbulls for example, you think all gun owners are bad people because of the select few nutjobs that snap and go on shooting sprees. Some of you should speak on CNN, seeing as you fit right in because you "facts" are based on opinion rather than experiences. Good day.

Cool story bro

Edit. Some pictures of my horribly aggressive pitbull. It's funny, i recently went to a dog show and as all the other dogs growled and barked at him almost getting away from their owners, he just sat there and did nothing. So whos got the aggressive dog again?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/655BAFA0-52DC-41B1-8AB3-9B0FC5B40B8E_zpsavzudqgc.png
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/E347645D-3057-4A8C-88AD-E03B43F07484_zpsnca0o1yu.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/ZEROTHOMAS/Mobile%20Uploads/BE919A5C-CE95-400E-8B86-029912236841_zpsidisrpb5.jpg
View Quote

My dog is half pit, half boxer. Most docile thing I've ever seen.

I also had a black lab as a kid that had to be put down because it attacked my dad out of the blue.

In other words, I agree.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Goes back to what a lot of trainers like to say:

"Show me a problem dog, and I'll show you a problem owner."
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#40]

That should go nicely with the whine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what's a "problem owner"?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Generally, one that doesn't grasp that dogs and children require remarkably similar handling.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#43]

I have 4 and one Chihuahua and she is meanest. My opinion is people people breeding mean dogs just because there good looking. Then those dogs that should have never existed are bought or given to shit bags that never existed. Kinda like when assholes collide.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Pit bulls are to Arfcom and the media as AK47s and AR15s are to liberals and the media. I'm more worried about those Sig Schnauzers, personally.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Pit bulls are to Arfcom and the media as AK47s and AR15s are to liberals and the media. I'm more worried about those Sig Schnauzers, personally.
View Quote
Funny.

This week my son was around a Schnauzer (ours), a Dachshund (my grandmothers) and an evil pit (my aunts).  Of those I trust the pit the most and the schnauzer the least.  He does not like my son for jealousy reasons.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I fine with the breed as long as the owners are held liable for the damage done during attacks both civilly and criminally.
View Quote

Criminally???   How do you propose to establish "mens rea"?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Your boy is beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

While schnauzers do have a higher fatality rate per serious attack than pit bulls - if pit bulls didn't present a non-trivial liability, then insurers wouldn't be adjusting their premiums accordingly, or excluding the breed all together.

For the record, insurers don't seem to be concerned with schnauzers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One that either specifically gets a dog with the intention of making it mean, or one that simply neglects their animal entirely, or one that doesn't bother to train their dog in appropriate manners, or one that lets the dog run the show, or one that does not understand what the breed they selected needs (both physically and mentally), or one that anthropomorphizes their animal, or one that thinks it's fine to leave kids and dogs unsupervised together, etc...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

One of the key characteristics of the breed was an absolute no aggression towards humans.    FWIW they make lousy guard dogs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can attest to the guard dog part.  Holy crap my dog doesn't care in the least who comes in.  He can't be bothered to get off his couch.  
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top