Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 7:14:25 AM EDT
My girlfriend volunteers at the local SPCA and this guy has been there for quite a while. He is currently her favorite and she would really like if someone adopted him. We are in no position to do so as we have two dogs already, one of which came from there (he's a little special needs). I know ARFCOM has been awesome at finding dogs homes so I was hoping someone here would be willing to take him.

Hi, my name is Achilles. I was found as a stray back in the winter and a man brought me to the SPCA. Nobody came to claim me, so that's where I've been staying ever since. A lot of my buddies have found homes and I would love to find one too. Nothing would make me happier than to find a forever home of my own! They say I'm about 3 or 4 years old, so I have plenty of life left to share many experiences with you. I am a neutered male who weighs about 70lbs and they tell me I’m a Boxer/American Bulldog mix. Although, with all of my speckles, someone said I could be part Dalmatian! Boy did I laugh at them! Aren't I a handsome boy?

Some nice volunteers recently took me home for a couple of weeks and were pleasantly surprised at how well behaved I am. I showed them how good I can be! I sat quietly in the laundry room behind the baby gate until I was let out to play. I didn't bark or chew on things, and I didn't even jump on the counters when there was yummy-smelling food sitting there. Did I mention that I'm housetrained already? So no messes to clean up from me! I did so well! I hope they tell everyone that I would be great in a home!

These nice people took me for long walks at the park and I didn't really pull on the leash. I met up with another friend, and she brought along a guy who I never met before. Boy, was he nice to me! I took treats nicely from his hand and even let him walk me. He was cool enough to jog with me too and I even joined him on the bench when we were done. I made a new friend! I don’t react to other dogs outside, I just watch them walk by. I'd just probably prefer to be the only dog in the house because I didn't really enjoy sharing my den so much. I'm not sure if that would change over time, but right now, I like my own space. Don't worry though, if you adopt me, I have plenty of love to give, so you won't need anyone other than me! I’ve found that one of my favorite things to do after breakfast is go for a nice long walk. When we're done, I do my most favorite thing-- I find a nice lap to curl up on and fall sound asleep! I think I heard someone mention that I’m a little too big to be a lap dog, but I think I fit just fine!

Hopefully someone out there will see me and give me the loving home I’m looking for. Thanks for reading my story and sharing it with others!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Let's get this dog a home
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
cute dog
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's get this dog a home
View Quote

Thanks Fluffy. I knew I could count on you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in PA?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Southeast. Outside of Philly. I'd be willing to drive a bit to get the dog to a home.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Southeast. Outside of Philly. I'd be willing to drive a bit to get the dog to a home.
View Quote

If I didn't have a 5 month old, I'd be interested.  I'll put the word out.  Good luck.  

It might be a good idea to post in HTF.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I didn't have a 5 month old, I'd be interested.  I'll put the word out.  Good luck.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. Thanks for the idea.

Usually GD is all about helping dogs and no responses really...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
How is he with barking when left home alone?

How protective is he?

Nice looking dog.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How protective is he?

Nice looking dog.
View Quote

I'll try to get the GF in here to answer those questions. It might be later tonight since she is at work.

Keep asking questions, I'll get answers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll try to get the GF in here to answer those questions. It might be later tonight since she is at work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How protective is he?

Nice looking dog.

Because of class and work, I won't see my GF until tomorrow morning, I'll show her the pics you posted and get her opinion on us adopting him.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Because of class and work, I won't see my GF until tomorrow morning, I'll show her the pics you posted and get her opinion on us adopting him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How protective is he?

Nice looking dog.

Awesome of you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if he knows how to heal?    

A bit far away for me to help. Hopefully he gets a home.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How protective is he?

Nice looking dog.
View Quote

I am told that he is not a barker. One of the volunteers took him home for awhile and he barely made a noise. They've never seen him get aggressive with a human but they suspect if someone is trying to harm his owner he would be protective like most terriers or bulldogs. He doesn't care about other dogs outside but can be dog selective inside.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd just probably prefer to be the only dog in the house because I didn't really enjoy sharing my den so much.
View Quote

Probably for the best, can't really afford another dog right now. Sure is a good looking pup though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump for a good looking pup. Sounds like a good dog.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a female boxer mix, 5 yrs old.  Been looking for a buddy for her.  Sounds like he may not play well with her.

Somebody please give this guy a home.  Boxers make the best pets!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#18]
He is obviously afflicted with BPT.  It can be dangerous to the uninitiated.  My dog has it.  Beware.

For the uninitiated, BPT is Big Pink Tongue.  At close range for adults, she will clean your eyebrows and lips at a moments notice.  For toddlers, their eyebrows, lips, and cheeks are at risk within a half a second.  Secondary results from the victim, adults and toddlers, are brief shock, joy, then a sudden euphoria which involves a hug around the dogs neck and head. Said dog will oftentimes roll over onto their back and demand rubs upon their abdominal region.  More "kisses" may ensue in the aftermath.  Be prepared.  American Pit Bull Terriers can be initially seductive, but just want to be spoiled brats in the end.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

None right now. I got a PM from a fellow PA ARFCOMMER that he is interested. I told him to let me know what he finds out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice looking dog. Good luck on finding him a home.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Unfortunately, after much discussion, we can't adopt him.

Hopefully he can find a good home.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, after much discussion, we can't adopt him.

Hopefully he can find a good home.
View Quote

Thanks for considering it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Good morning and back to the top!

I know an ARFCOMMMER wants to set up to save a pup.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Can anyone help this pup?

He looks like a sweetheart!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Adopt the dog and DBAS
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I just wanted to update that Achilles is in foster. I don't know if it is because of this thread or not. If it is, thank you to whoever stepped up!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top