BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It was $999 when I ordered they are selling them for 2500$ buy it now in the auctions    
Credit card company was no help just said the could reverse the charges.
View Quote

The breach of contract issue would be lawsuit a lawsuit area that you'd have to settle through courts. Try telling Visa that they charged your card immediately for items not in stock that they were not getting in stock and sat on your money for weeks. It should be against their rules to charge immediately like that, IIRC. However, Botach has been doing it for like 20 years, so......
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Glorious Colt 6920, is better rifle!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Henderson Defense did something similar to me when Obama was elected.

I bought and paid for a gun they had in stock.  

They refused to ship it until the election.

They "accidentally" sold my gun to someone else for about $800 more.

They built me another gun (AK-103), weeks later, and only after first filling their new, panic-Obama sky-high prices orders first,  but instead of building it to the specification I paid for and requested (triangle buttstock) they put on a solid buttstock.  I figured it wasn't worth ever communicating again with them and sucked up my loss (the triangle buttstock option cost more) and moved on.

Gunsmiths and FFLs are human beings and come with all of their associated faults.    Some of them are great and some of them will screw anyone to make an extra buck.

View Quote

Red jacket did me like that while I was deployed.

Paid them 900 to build me a saiga that looked like an AK47 just before deploying. They had a decent reputation on the forums for cool builds.

Kept getting dick around emails. Waiting on this, waiting in that. As I was about to come home at the end of my tour, I emailed them and said I better have a fucking gun en route or my money back in my goddamn account by the time I land in the states.

Got home, money in account. Found out they had started a full derp TV show and wanted 1800 for those guns.

Bait and switch, Neva been done befo.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Indicted on importing MGs, improperly demil'ing them, and selling them as parts kits.

Not sure how it ultimately turned out for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought the IO guys ended up in FPMITA prison?

Indicted on importing MGs, improperly demil'ing them, and selling them as parts kits.

Not sure how it ultimately turned out for them.

They beat most of the charges, iirc
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Back at it

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=438047449
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They didn't have a very good track record when they were named Inter Ordnance either...
View Quote

Yep.  A long time ago, they sold me an STG-58 parts kit as "excellent+ hand select" or some such.  What I received was obviously from the bottom of their pile.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow.  That's pretty shitty
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're right...LaRue decided to fuck over their dealers by not letting dealers place any pre-orders, nor letting them know when they could be ordered, and then releasing them to the public on a Friday afternoon after closing time, so dealers couldn't call in and order any.

But hey, at least they didn't put them up on Gunbroker!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like he's mad because he was going to buy it and flip it on gunbroker.

Who cares? He paid what they were asking and got fucked.

LaRue could have sold his last couple batches of Costa rifles on GB and got double the money but he's not a dick.

You're right...LaRue decided to fuck over their dealers by not letting dealers place any pre-orders, nor letting them know when they could be ordered, and then releasing them to the public on a Friday afternoon after closing time, so dealers couldn't call in and order any.

But hey, at least they didn't put them up on Gunbroker!

Or Larue got sick of dealers competing with itself.  You are misinformed and barking up the wrong tree.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
That letter reads like the one that I got from the daughter of the former Chief General for Internal Affairs of the Most Sovereign Nation of Nigeria.  It turns out she needed my help to get some funds out of her country and into a US bank.  How fortuitous for me that I would enjoy a 15% stake of the $20000000MILLIONUS$ for simply lending my bank credentials to her.  Unfortunately, the commies at Google marked it as spam and I accidentally recycled those electrons.  Most sad.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not at all.

Don't you even contract law bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their company, their rules?

Not at all.

Don't you even contract law bro?

Please tell, im sure the op could use this knowledge right about now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Henderson Defense did something similar to me when Obama was elected.

I bought and paid for a gun they had in stock.  

They refused to ship it until the election.

They "accidentally" sold my gun to someone else for about $800 more.

They built me another gun (AK-103), weeks later, and only after first filling their new, panic-Obama sky-high prices orders first,  but instead of building it to the specification I paid for and requested (triangle buttstock) they put on a solid buttstock.  I figured it wasn't worth ever communicating again with them and sucked up my loss (the triangle buttstock option cost more) and moved on.

Gunsmiths and FFLs are human beings and come with all of their associated faults.    Some of them are great and some of them will screw anyone to make an extra buck.

View Quote

What most fail to understand is that in the long run good prices and customer service actually puts more money in their pocket.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top