Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2014 10:24:55 AM EDT

Pulled from another forum and apparently it happened to a bunch of people.  That is pretty fucked up.

Do not do business with Royal Tiger Importers!* Placed an order two weeks ago and my card was charged.* Today I get an email that they are canceling my order so they can sell the rifles on gunbroker..... Total dishonest company.* They prefer to take some quick cash and screw over existing customers. Here is the email they sent two weeks after may order has been paid for.

Feel free to send an e-mail to them guys, letting them know you see how they conduct business and do not approve.*** [email protected]*

Thank you, for you order.

*Due to excessive demand, external unwarrantable actions as well as internal issues Royal Tiger Imports will be unable to fulfill your Vepr IV order. We deeply apologize since we understand the popularity and uniqueness of this firearm and we can appreciate your disappointment. As you are aware the firearm industry is a unique and a dynamic industry which is driven by particular influences. This unfortunate episode was assisted by these particular influences. Your full refund will be processed immediately. Again, we apologize for this situation.

**Thanks,Customer Care Department

Royal Tiger ImportsPhone

*407-203-4861Fax*

407-203-4862*

*Hours:*8:30*a.m. to*5:00*p.m. Monday thru Friday*

[url=http://www.royaltigerimports.com*]

And the online auctions I had in my watch list before they sent this email.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431931697

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431393905

Note the listing date is long after our orders had been placed and paid in full.

1) I ordered a VEPR IV RPK for $1299 last Thursday. They were showing 7 in stock, my card was charged and I got an order confirmation.

2) They called later that day and said they had ZERO and were sold out.

3) They started listing them on Gunbroker the next day for $1999 Buy It Now.

4) I emailed through Gunbroker asking them why are you selling my gun to the highest bidder?

5) The CEO of Royal Tiger emailed me back and said, "Yes we have 10 left and we are going to sell them all on Gunbroker. We will not fulfill your order, sorry"

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn that sucks they should have at least honored his order then jacked up the remaining ones.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Commie lovers getting hosed on very overpriced weapons is happening all over
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They have always been shady. Not GTG.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Sons O Bitches gonna be sons o bitches...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#5]
This could be fun.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Their company, their rules?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
They didn't have a very good track record when they were named Inter Ordnance either...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow...that's hard to read.  Formatting overload!  Red text in white boxes with a yellow background.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Aren't they just InterOrdnance with a new name?  AIM Surplus or GTFO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Wow...that's hard to read.  Formatting overload!  Red text in white boxes with a yellow background.

View Quote
I fixed it for ya

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
"and we can appreciate your disappointment"

WTF
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered an Israeli Surplus Browning HiPower from them a while back.  Quality rating was waaay off and they forgot to include a magazine.  Offered to sell me a used mag for the price that I could get 2  new ones.   Never again will I deal with them as there are too many good vendors out there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I've bought guns from them before. To anyone reading this who has been screwed over by RTI, take some consolation in the fact that I will never shop with them again. It might not mean much at all to anyone, but they've just lost another customer.
If anyone from RTI wants to dispute these claims, I'm all ears but until then shame on them for screwing paying customers over.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They didn't have a very good track record when they were named Inter Ordnance either...
View Quote

No shit, that's them?

I recall all sorts of low-grade hi-jinx from them back in the day...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#15]
It's really not surprising.

Bottom of the barrel price = Bottom of the barrel dealer
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#16]
They basically pulled a CTD style move.

One of these guys sent his FFL info and everything and never heard back. Then suddenly he got the refund email...........Is that even legal?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, sounds about right.

They had a batch of "Israeli Browning Hi-Powers" last year - supposedly in excellent condition, lots of Israeli markings, etc.

Bought one - it shows up, and first thing off, the box is wet. Not damp - wet. Open it up - pistol is literally dripping...
Look it over, no markings whatsoever other than their cheesy import stamping that looks like it was done with a dot-matrix
engraver, S/N and that it was made in Belgium.

Trigger pull would have pissed off Godzilla - couldn't find the tester, but the pull weight was epic. Break it down - no markings,
but figure out that their 'excellent condition' claim was seriously questionable - it was wet because it had been re-parkerized,
then wrapped up and shipped while still wet. It had never been fully disassembled - just whole assemblies dropped into
the tank, which accounted for the hideous trigger pull. (Some parts were blued, but had a parking haze that you could wipe off
with your thumb.) A Mk. II with a few Mk. I parts mixed in.

Called them up, was blown off - 'it's as it was advertised'. Why no markings? "<crickets>
'Screw this - I'll ship this one back, send me one that's correct, as paid for."
"Oh, we're sold out. We can give you your money back, but that's it."

Just kept it - still need to replace the trigger on it, so it sits in the safe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, in IO's early days they were sorta OK then they got into legal trouble with the ATF and they went to shit in all respects. RTI is even worse from what I can gather.

They used to have a eBay presence and they fucked folks on there too. If you ever see a seller with Monroe, NC as a address stay away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No shit, that's them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, that's them?

I thought the IO guys ended up in FPMITA prison?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No shit, that's them?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, that's them?

Yep, same folks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

"and we can appreciate your disappointment"

WTF
View Quote
they can taste their slav shit tears

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Anybody that remembers the IO Inc "factory tour" video done with paid-off Youtuber Sootch from a couple years back would know not to deal with them. Unfortunately the video was pulled and practically erased from the web after IO Inc revealed that crackheads were basically assembling their guns with Elmer's glue and bench grinders.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I thought the IO guys ended up in FPMITA prison?
View Quote

Indicted on importing MGs, improperly demil'ing them, and selling them as parts kits.

Not sure how it ultimately turned out for them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#24]
They saved you from wasting your money. Who wants a 5.56 RPK?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like he's mad because he was going to buy it and flip it on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They saved you from wasting your money. Who wants a 5.56 RPK?
View Quote
Some guys are taking them and turning them into 5.45 RPK's

Honestly if you look into them they are really as close as we will get to a 100% Russian RPK. Hell the sidefolding assembly is worth 300/400 on it's own!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a thought.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who cares? He paid what they were asking and got fucked.

LaRue could have sold his last couple batches of Costa rifles on GB and got double the money but he's not a dick.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LaRue could have sold his last couple batches of Costa rifles on GB and got double the money but he's not a dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right...LaRue decided to fuck over their dealers by not letting dealers place any pre-orders, nor letting them know when they could be ordered, and then releasing them to the public on a Friday afternoon after closing time, so dealers couldn't call in and order any.

But hey, at least they didn't put them up on Gunbroker!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You're right...LaRue decided to fuck over their dealers by not letting dealers place any pre-orders, nor letting them know when they could be ordered, and then releasing them to the public on a Friday afternoon after closing time, so dealers couldn't call in and order any.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck a dealer  LT is the dealer.  Boohoo and buy a membership.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I sold my vepr rpk to my boss the week before all this started for $900
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#32]
It's a really screwed up business practice. I'm sure these guys wanted a rifle not a refund.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
What sucks is the people that remain uninformed.

I spoke with a guy a while ago asking where to go buy ammo and shit and he was asking about some place called "cheaper than something" and I suggested he go anywhere else but there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#34]
"we can appreciate your disappointment"

Best customer service quote ever
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I sold my vepr rpk to my boss the week before all this started for $900
View Quote

Unsell it, then put it on gunbroker for $1990.99 buy it now. That way you can double your profit!  Get him in on it, give him an extra $100 back for Safe rental.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Welp, they can fuck a dick.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I posted a thread here because I didn't see this one, but here's an update.

Quoted:

First they say it was a website malfunction which is bs because they have been posting them on gun broker. Guess they didn't realize people would put two and two together. Placed my order on the 17 th card went pending the next day and charged on the 21st.  I ordered before they took them off sale for $999

Early this week they posted this on the website.

"We would like to thank you for your loyalty and business. We apologize for the stock malfunction on our website last week. We implemented a new more customer oriented website. Unfortunately not all kinks were worked out. This lead to the order malfunction. We experienced an overwhelming demand for Vepr 1V rifles and Vepr 12 shotguns. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
We offer all customers who attempted to purchase a Vepr 1V rifle and are on file, to buy one rifle per customer at the originally ordered price. If you decide to take advantage of this offer, please call our customer service team for a verbal and written confirmation. We expect a new final shipment within the next 8 weeks.In the meantime we offer to those customers who ordered these rifles and are on file with us a 20% discount on all in stock items (except ammunition).
Again our sincere apologies,
Sincerely Yours RTI-Team"

Finally got a call yesterday from Dave he is very polite but says "it is what it is". When I asked why my order can't be filled with one of them selling on gunbroker he said they don't have any. So you don't have any in stock not even one? no we have none. I said one is for sale right now but I guess he was unaware of that. He's just the messenger. And the owner wouldn't be willing to fill my paid order with one in stock. So he put me on the list for more coming in but doesn't know how more are coming in. If I had to guess its just a delay by the owner with hopes this gos away. I told him about this thread i posted on the akforum and that they should respond.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=432598539#BID

BANNED FROM IMPORTATION WE JUST FOUND 2 MORE SHOWGUNS IN NEW CONDITION. THESE ARE THE LAST GUNS AVAILABLE. WE ARE SORRY THAT WE COULD NOT SATISFY ALL CUSTOMERS, BUT SINCE THE BAN WE HAD AN INCREDIBLE RUN ON THESE RIFLES. WE APOLOGIZWE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. This is a true semi-automatic RPK. It is made by the famous Molot Plant in Russia, which manufactured the RPK during the cold war for the Soviet armed forces. The rifle features a 23.3" heavy chrome lined barrel, adjustable rear sight, a true US made RPK muzzle break, an original clubfoot RPK stock which is welded in the open position and the original bipod. The rifle comes with 1 x 30rd magazine. Only a limited quantity available. Overall length: 40.9” Weight: 11 lbs Cal: 5.56x45 NATO www.royaltigerimports.com*
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#38]
It should be noted that Royal Tiger = IO Inc.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm glad I read about this nonsense before I nearly placed an order with them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not quite. If as described in the OP's post they are in breach of contract.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I usually don't care about companies increasing prices but to cancel a sale to resell it at a higher price makes them a company I won't do bussiness with.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Nvm
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One of these guys sent his FFL info and everything and never heard back. Then suddenly he got the refund email...........Is that even legal?
View Quote

Sound like a contract issue.  They offered the item for sale and accepted payment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sound like a contract issue.  They offered the item for sale and accepted payment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my thinking but I still got the "it is what it is" from Dave. It would have been disappointing if it was a website mistake and they had just been out of stock. It's the lies and the fact they had my money for two weeks and start sell the rifle people had already paid for to others that shows how dishonest  and low class the owner is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Henderson Defense did something similar to me when Obama was elected.

I bought and paid for a gun they had in stock.  

They refused to ship it until the election.

They "accidentally" sold my gun to someone else for about $800 more.

They built me another gun (AK-103), weeks later, and only after first filling their new, panic-Obama sky-high prices orders first,  but instead of building it to the specification I paid for and requested (triangle buttstock) they put on a solid buttstock.  I figured it wasn't worth ever communicating again with them and sucked up my loss (the triangle buttstock option cost more) and moved on.

Gunsmiths and FFLs are human beings and come with all of their associated faults.    Some of them are great and some of them will screw anyone to make an extra buck.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like breach of contract to me. Your damages are the difference between the agreed price of the gun and the price you have to pay for one. That'll be $500.00, please.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#47]
sounds like they were a little tight on cash and wanted to borrow some
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all.

Don't you even contract law bro?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#49]
It was $999 when I ordered they are selling them for 2500$ buy it now in the auctions    
Credit card company was no help just said the could reverse the charges.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Commie lovers getting hosed on very overpriced weapons is happening all over
View Quote

I'm seeing this on the local swap sites. If people are willing to pay that much for junk then more power to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top