Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/29/2014 7:21:17 PM EDT
I'll try to shorten this up as much as I can. First off, everyone is ok. I live in a country setting and have lived here for about 5 yrs. The lots are larger than suburbia, about an acre a lot. Neighbor "Bob" is quite the redneck and for some reason has recently started an addiction to hunting hogs. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but he hunts them on his property, at all hours of the night, every night. That being said, there are NO HOGS. At least not in our subdivision, if you can call it that. This guy is seriously delusional. He is seriously seeing things. Neighbors and I have attested to that. He shines a Q-beam in his yard and spots a hog, yet everyone else present literally sees nothing but grass. I dont know if he is on drugs or what.
     Anyway, yesterday I can home and went into my bedroom and noticed a case that I had sitting on top of my gun safe had fallen in between the dresser and my safe. As I went to pick it up, I noticed glass on the floor. I look up at my window and notice a bullet hole in my blinds. Long story short, the 22lr bullet entered my window at about a 60* angle and bounced off my safe and landed on the floor. My FO meter pegged and I headed towards the door in a hurry as my wife asked what was the matter. I told her to call the police. I made it to the porch and stopped for a second to calm down and assess the situation. I decided to wait for the police instead of going over to his house and doing something stupid.
     Police came and took photos, I gave them a statement and the bullet. They went over to his house talked to him for about ten minutes and left. They said there was nothing they could do to prove he did it. Bob denied all actions, and the police just said that he was a dumb ole country boy.
     The previous night neighbor 2 was sitting on his porch grilling when he heard a thud at his above ground pool. He walked over and noticed water pouring out of it. He looked at Bob's house and saw Bob run in his house. He then found a 22lr bullet in the pool.
There is much more to Bob's weird antics and neighbors reactions and thoughts, but that's the jist of the story. I'm amazed that law enforcement couldn't do more. Feel free to ask questions.
P.S. Both bullets had skid marks on them from skipping of the ground. I don't believe both shots were direct.

The green is woods, fairly thick. Blue is houses. Red is shots

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'll try to shorten this up as much as I can. First off, everyone is ok. I live in a country setting and have lived here for about 5 yrs. The lots are larger than suburbia, about an acre a lot. Neighbor "Bob" is quite the redneck and for some reason has recently started an addiction to hunting hogs. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but he hunts them on his property, at all hours of the night, every night. That being said, there are NO HOGS. At least not in our subdivision, if you can call it that. This guy is seriously delusional. He is seriously seeing things. Neighbors and I have attested to that. He shines a Q-beam in his yard and spots a hog, yet everyone else present literally sees nothing but grass. I dont know if he is on drugs or what.
     Anyway, yesterday I can home and went into my bedroom and noticed a case that I had sitting on top of my gun safe had fallen in between the dresser and my safe. As I went to pick it up, I noticed glass on the floor. I look up at my window and notice a bullet hole in my blinds. Long story short, the 22lr bullet entered my window at about a 60* angle and bounced off my safe and landed on the floor. My FO meter pegged and I headed towards the door in a hurry as my wife asked what was the matter. I told her to call the police. I made it to the porch and stopped for a second to calm down and assess the situation. I decided to wait for the police instead of going over to his house and doing something stupid.
     Police came and took photos, I gave them a statement and the bullet. They went over to his house talked to him for about ten minutes and left. They said there was nothing they could do to prove he did it. Bob denied all actions, and the police just said that he was a dumb ole country boy.
     The previous night neighbor 2 was sitting on his porch grilling when he heard a thud at his above ground pool. He walked over and noticed water pouring out of it. He looked at Bob's house and saw Bob run in his house. He then found a 22lr bullet in the pool.
There is much more to Bob's weird antics and neighbors reactions and thoughts, but that's the jist of the story. I'm amazed that law enforcement couldn't do more. Feel free to ask questions.
P.S. Both bullets had skid marks on them from skipping of the ground. I don't believe both shots were direct.

The green is woods, fairly thick. Blue is houses. Red is shots

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/40oz75/Untitled.png

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
bullet knock out your return key?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
With the wall of text, and the grassy knoll in your MS Paint...you don't by chance happen to be Earl Warren, do you?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Bob has a small house.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Return the fire.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Bob is a DUMBASS!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With the wall of text, and the grassy knoll in your MS Paint...you don't by chance happen to be Earl Warren, do you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that you know where he is shooting from, invest in a paintball gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
bullet knock out your return key?
View Quote

It was in paragraphs, but when i hit submit it screwed it all up
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bob has a small house.
View Quote

MS Paint is not to scale, sorry....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Does Bob have large tits?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Weird. No shooting back?

Fucking beta males.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Weird. No shooting back?

Fucking beta males.
View Quote

I bet OP wears a fedora.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Is neighbor 1 his spoter
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Find Bob's weakness (whatever annoys him) and make it your hobby.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Return the fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Return the fire.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn ghost hogs..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Meth is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#21]
You may need a very one sided conversation with Bob. Draw a few pictars of what return fire may look like. Piss on his leg and walk out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Well there is the consolation that when you or your wife end up dead from a stray 22 round there will be a paper trail.

Maybe up armor your windows?

ETA: I would bet Bob plays with Methamphetamine or Oxy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Tell Bob to turn down the dumbass a little or you'll start giving bullets back.

Are you not hearing these shots during the night?

If he's had two rounds strike structures already, he has to be shooting a lot more.

This is assuming he is trying to not actually hit houses in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Capture a hog, break his window and throw the hog in his house
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Man, that wall of text must've stopped that bullet, no?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Return the fire.

Ideally this was my first thought. But the last thing I want to do is start some redneck war. Lots of children in the neighborhood. Don't want to have to start checking my house for bullet holes every time i come home. Plus I have dags that I care about. Dont want dead ones.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess not every thing in texas is bigger after all.  Around here suburbia has lots smaller than an acre but quite a few over 10 acres.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tell Bob to turn down the dumbass a little or you'll start giving bullets back.

Are you not hearing these shots during the night?
If he's had two rounds strike structures already, he has to be shooting a lot more.
This is assuming he is trying to not actually hit houses in the neighborhood.
View Quote

Like I said there is a lot more to the story. Yes, we all hear shots throughout the evening and night hours every day. I would say he goes through about 100 rds a week. But this all just started about a month ago. No, I don't think he is purposely trying to hit structures, he's just a dumbass with no safety concern. Plus, he lets his 5yr old son run around the yard with a 22 rifle unsupervised. There are many more stories of the stupid.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit, that is brilliant!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Burn Bob's house down.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I love free stuff!

ETA: Now that I've read it, what does a bullet look like when it's skipped off the ground? Dude is crazy; he's not accidentally shooting his neighbor's things, he's absolutely doing it on purpose.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I guess not every thing in texas is bigger after all.  Around here suburbia has lots smaller than an acre but quite a few over 10 acres.
View Quote

I'm near Houston. Most suburban lots are about a 1/4 to 1/2 acre. They pack em in.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I would say he goes through about 100 rds a week. But this all just started about a month ago.
View Quote

No new gun owner can sustain that level of .22 lr fire for long. He must be out of ammo by now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
In my state it is a felony to discharge a firearm into an occupied dwelling.

Police will investigate felony crimes including a search warrant to do a ballistics test on a 22lr rifle located in the suspects home.

Especially if it happens more than once.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I love free stuff!

ETA: Now that I've read it, what does a bullet look like when it's skipped off the ground? Dude is crazy; he's not accidentally shooting his neighbor's things, he's absolutely doing it on purpose.
View Quote

Sort of looks like you took the bullet to a grinder and ground one side flat. You could see some of it on my bullet, but my safe mangled the bullet pretty good. The neighbors pool bullet was almost perfect, except for the skid mark.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Be nice, but you are going to have to talk to him. Tell him he needs a safe backstop or he will get more cop visits
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Police will investigate felony crimes including a search warrant to do a ballistics test on a 22lr rifle.

View Quote

Hell, I wish they would search his house. No telling what they would find...
Wouldn't be surprised if CPS was called after that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!!!!!! LOL, fucking brilliant!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Weird. No shooting back?

Fucking beta males.
View Quote
TPNI

You live a a two way range now...FO

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Police will investigate felony crimes including a search warrant to do a ballistics test on a 22lr rifle.

You can make sure of this.

With two (even one for the fact) incidents, he is endangering others.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#42]
check the restrictions for hunting in your county, most counties in Texas have a 10 acre requirement to hunt on. call your local game warden, they don't mess around.

also:
Restricted Methods
It is unlawful for any person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, to knowingly discharge a firearm in such a fashion as to cause a projectile to cross a property line, unless the person owns the property on both sides of the property line or has obtained written permission from the owner of any land crossed by the projectile.
from Texas parks and wildlife page
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pool incident was not recorded. The neighbor didn't want to start trouble.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
If there's enough rifling on the bullets, the police could execute a search warrant, seize his 22s and test them for ballistics.  If his matches, penalize him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Can't be so.  Everybody knows there ain't no 22LR available.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
check the restrictions for hunting in your county, most counties in Texas have a 10 acre requirement to hunt on. call your local game warden, they don't mess around.

also:
Restricted Methods
It is unlawful for any person, while hunting or engaging in recreational shooting, to knowingly discharge a firearm in such a fashion as to cause a projectile to cross a property line, unless the person owns the property on both sides of the property line or has obtained written permission from the owner of any land crossed by the projectile.
View Quote

Yeah, I was already aware of that and the police stated that as well, but nothing was done because they didnt catch him shooting. They just told him to get a trap if he was that concerned.
Edit - Now that you mentioned it, I think I will call a game warden and see what they say. I know they don't screw around.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah, I was already aware of that and the police stated that as well, but nothing was done because they didnt catch him shooting. They just told him to get a trap if he was that concerned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

also:
Restricted Methods

well make sure you call the game warden and let him know whats going on at least and call him every time you hear your neighbor outside shooting. they will eventually catch him
edit:you edited while i was posting
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#48]
good ole boy bob is going to kill someone

neighbor with the pool needs to contact the police
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If there's enough rifling on the bullets, the police could execute a search warrant, seize his 22s and test them for ballistics.  If his matches, penalize him.
View Quote

As stated before, the police didnt really seem interested in doing anything. Just sort of blew it off. Can't prove anything, is what I was told. He denied everything. He even said the neighbor shot his own pool....

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
We had over ten at our last house...now with 4.5 it is almost

city living...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top