Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, I made a promise to my wife 16 years ago that I take very seriously.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you have an insignificant other.  Why do you call her a significant other?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Say you're in a committed relationship and you meet a chick you really want to smash.

She wants to bone too, and there's more than just a physical attraction going on. There's chemistry, making her infinitely sexier, but not quite enough to bounce on your chick.

Here's the kicker.. your S.O. will NOT find out. She's out of town, loves and trusts you completely.

Do you do it?
View Quote

I would put myself in my S.O.'s shoes and consider how it might feel to be betrayed.

Either do it right, or dont do it at all.  You want to bone other hos, break up with your current one, or at least tell her your intentions.  Hell, for all you know, she might want to bone other chicks too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Integrity - It's doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
If you put a price on your integrity, you've already sold out.............
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#6]
No.  I've never cheated before, and it wasn't due to lack of opportunity.  I swear women can small "taken" on you.

And I have a hard time believing that 15% of GD would cheat on their SOs.  Poll trolling, I assume.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't do it. I've been cheated on by someone I loved, it was the worst feeling in the world when I found out. The crazy part is that one of her family members told me, her cousin. Her cousin told me I deserved better, which I did.

Cheaters are scum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Nothing good will every come from cheating.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh Seveners.....

Lol, anyone who's voting "yes" is trolling or never been in a relationship.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope

I do understand and have came really close to doing something stupid

In the end I did the right thing/things happened to keep me from breaking my promise to my wife.

Its not worth it to break the trust you have between you and your SO IMO.

If you want to sleep around just don't get married, engaged etc.

Free

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:00:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I would not fo in the the case of the described scenario.  If all parties were aware and consented, then fo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I made a vow before God and my family 27 years ago.

I won't break that vow.

Cowards will always find excuses for their lack of honor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope, I am better than that
View Quote

Nope, but less noble, I am very risk averse and a pessimist so I think something will go horribly wrong.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#15]
There is more to life than getting your rocks off.

When you get past Sophomore year, you might realize that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Say you're in a committed relationship and you meet a chick you really want to smash.

She wants to bone too, and there's more than just a physical attraction going on. There's chemistry, making her infinitely sexier, but not quite enough to bounce on your chick.

Here's the kicker.. your S.O. will NOT find out. She's out of town, loves and trusts you completely.

Do you do it?
View Quote

Do you want your SO to cheat on you while out of town with a stranger just met at a business function?

Cheating is WRONG anytime.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Oh Seveners.....

Lol, anyone who's voting "yes" is trolling or never been in a relationship.
View Quote

Or they're in one of the many sexless, joyless ones we hear about in marriage threads on this site.

Interestingly, I've never counseled a couple where one spouse cheated on another and heard "Everything's great with my spouse...sex is good and regular, we're really happy, but I fucked someone else anyway".

Never.

Ain't justifying it, but people turn towards someone else (unless they're sociopaths) when they're unhappy. 9 times out of 10, they were at a weak point or had already checked out of the marriage emotionally or physically.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:24:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you do it?
View Quote

You either are or you are not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Well, so far 189 people have no loyalty or honor.

I would never do such a thing. I've had plenty of opportunities too.

I'm sure my wife has as well, if she decides to step outside that realm, that's on her.

I'd just divorce her and move on.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:36:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If there's more than physical attraction, and chemistry - than one time will turn into 25 because intimacy will develop quickly, then possessiveness and attraction...or love and the S.O. will find out because you'll be stupid and wreck your relationship with resentment and blind-boner-decisions.

The scenario is science fiction.
View Quote

^ Truth....Complete and total truth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#21]
No.  Even if nobody else knew, I'd know, and I wouldn't like myself if I did such a thing.

So I try to avoid situations that could leave me vulnerable to such temptation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Otherwise called emotional infidelity, where the relationship isn't sexual, but it's still a relationship.

Never put yourself in a situation where even a suggestion of impropriety appears.  If you have to start the conversation with your significant other with "Honey, I can explain," you're already doing it wrong.

For example:  unless it's absolutely necessary for work, I won't go anywhere alone with a woman not my wife. Not worth the risk of some busybody starting a rumor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not to sound like a prude, but cheating is, even if it's non-sexual, the worst form of betrayal that one human can do to another.

What would you call non-sexual cheating? The Bill Clinton definition?
Carrying on an intimate, flirtatious relationship with another woman behind your wife's or husband's back.  Otherwise put, doing something you don't want to be caught doing and if you were caught, might end your relationship with your spouse.  You don't have to stick your dick in a hole to be cheating.    

Otherwise called emotional infidelity, where the relationship isn't sexual, but it's still a relationship.

Never put yourself in a situation where even a suggestion of impropriety appears.  If you have to start the conversation with your significant other with "Honey, I can explain," you're already doing it wrong.

For example:  unless it's absolutely necessary for work, I won't go anywhere alone with a woman not my wife. Not worth the risk of some busybody starting a rumor.

Ok, look, that part in bold, every time I come home I end up saying some shit like this.  Or when she sees the bank statement.  I dont cheat on my wife with sex, but when her back is turned, I am apt to do something that will piss her off.  Of course, I always get caught, and there is no way I could pull off getting a strange piece of ass with my track record.  She KNOWS.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#23]
No.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I would not cheat on my wife but I have to wonder about the poll. 85% no and 15% yes. I think nationwide something like 50% of marriages have infidelity. Is GD really full of saints or are a lot of people just saying no because they would not intend to cheat but they have not really been tested?

I have not been in that situation since married over ten years ago but when I was not married but in a serious relationship I had another girl that was very aggressively pursuing me. It can be tempting.

Now that I am older and wiser I avoid those potential situations and stop that shit before it even has a chance to start. Some would say what I do is extreme but I pretty much try to avoid other females. It is not that I don't trust myself but when you think about it what good could come from it? Better off not even opening that door to potential trouble.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]
If my time in the Navy was any indication...I'd say the poll results are way off.  60% or more of the married folks cheated on their spouses.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#26]
NO!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope. Morals are cool. Cheaters are not.

Never.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Lots of assholes, lots of cheaters. I'm not one. I consider myself a nice guy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No.  I've never cheated before, and it wasn't due to lack of opportunity.  I swear women can small "taken" on you.

And I have a hard time believing that 15% of GD would cheat on their SOs.  Poll trolling, I assume.

View Quote

Are you kidding?  15% probably HAS, let alone admitted to it.  I don't know who tracks those things, but I would imagine for adult (let's say over 25) males, the percentage who's screwed around is about 30%-40%.  It's way over 15%.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#30]

swingset:The cold voice of reason and experience. Dousing the juvenile fantasies of GD with ice water since 2003.

Party pooper  

Quoted:
If there's more than physical attraction, and chemistry - than one time will turn into 25 because intimacy will develop quickly, then possessiveness and attraction...or love and the S.O. will find out because you'll be stupid and wreck your relationship with resentment and blind-boner-decisions.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#31]
dont be a bitch.  make up your mind NOW.  does "SO" have strong feelings for you, like marriage?  if you are gonna bang the new chick tell new chick to hold off a few days
when your "SO" gets back, have the breakup conversation f2f, dont be cruel about it
FO

dont be a bitch and cheat, or break up by phone/txt so you can knock boots sooner.  no one deserves that

all this assumes you dont live with "SO"  otherwise you are in all kinds of fubar territory

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

eta: double anal creampies with ATM FTW and another troll thread from dura naturally...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta: double anal creampies with ATM FTW and another troll thread from dura naturally...

Yeah I live to troll arfcom

So this isn't a troll thread?  

You need to grow up!  "Men" don't cheat.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#33]
This question is retarded. Either you are a decent person or you aren't. Any real man out there would break up with their significant other before they sleep with someone else. Cheating on your s.o. Wouldn't be the Christian thing to do either for all the fellow believers in here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I would not, but I have morals and respect. It's obvious that a lot of people don't based on the number of "he/she cheated on me!" threads. I've come to the conclusion that most people are assholes. I found a lady who's not and I married her.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:31:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Nope.

It's hip to be square.

ETA: To reiterate a vague statement, fuck no, I follow my morals even when it's not necessarily the "fun" thing to do
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#36]
in my case, there's too much to lose. I'm married with a teenage child.

when I was unmarried, I would dump the first and hit the new chick. In fact, I usually did just that.
the promise of new and better generally won out. I didn't cheat, though; I always was up front about it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#37]
What do you mean by a "committed" relationship?  Are you engaged or married?  Anything less is not even close to a committed relationship.  No one has hooks in either's hind end, so you can do as you please.  Truly committed, on the other hand, means you are owned by your partner and you do not violate that trust.

I get so pissed at people who shack up for two weeks and call it a committed relationship.  If you're so "Committed", get the ring and make the committment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I would never ruin the respect, trust, integrity that I have with my wife of 15 years for a few hours of pleasure, which I can get from my wife at damn near anytime I want or need it. I slept around in my early 20's and when I found my wife all that ended and I never once considered I was missing out on anything as far as the bedroom or women in general. Some people take the vows of marriage serious, I happen to be one of those people and it would not even be a consideration for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#39]
if she doesnt mean enough to me that I think about cheating
then she is worth breaking up with first

when you find a keeper.... you keep her
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Do you do it?
View Quote

No. I'm subject to the same temptations as any other man, but I have to hold myself to the highest standard. I will not cheat. If my relationship isn't worth it, I'd have the balls to break up with her first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I spend my time doing things for my lovely wife of soon to be thirty-nine years. We are having a BALL in retirement. This circumstance was generated by respect and love and effort. I`m going to throw this away for a piece of ass? Not a chance.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:06:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

swingset:The cold voice of reason and experience. Dousing the juvenile fantasies of GD with ice water since 2003.

Party pooper  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Party pooper  

Quoted:

Yeah, but who's to say that relationship wouldn't go anywhere? Then you have a nice PIA that likes you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Never.  

Not only because honesty and integrity are paramount to me and non-negotiable.  I just flat out have zero desire to be with anyone else.  I'm like a moth to a flame where he's concerned so it's easy.

I have a lot of respect for married folks who are faithful to one another even when the chips are down for them in their marriage.  It kind of skeeves me out though when I read about people who find fidelity to be a struggle or something that requires effort on their part even when things are just dandy.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Negative!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Messing around before you get married is one thing.  After you get married its a contract between you, your wife and God.

I'd get divorced first before I ever did anything disloyal to my wife.

Either we hang together and act as a team or we might as well not even be married.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you do it?
Worth ruining this? Not at all. I love my wife too much.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Hell no. I love my wife and am completely satisfied by her sexually. No need to stray and even if I were tempted it wouldnt be worth the guilt I'd feel after the fact. Fuck that.

Seems like if you really give a damn about your SO this is an easy question.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#49]
If I want to bang other chicks, then I'll divorce my wife.
And hope that it was worth it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Nope. Never have and never will cheat on a girl. I'd break up with her rather then cheat on her.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top