That an arfcommer is anti-social?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honor as is justice, and karma all exist to rationalize the irrational, and codify the fears that haunt honorable people. Modern day life has removed the sting of disreputable acts and for the most part being a grade A shithead comes with almost no resistance among society, as-long as you can keep it below felonious you are a king among peers, free to ransack peoples lives at will. Move to a different state.... hell a different county and your back to square one.
If you wore your deeds on a sleeve would anyone even look into your eyes? If people treated you like you treat others would your life be anything?
Karma is a joke and doesn't exist, honor and justice are a faded standard that hasn't been followed in eons.

If you can't be honest to others, if you can't be open to your intentions, if you live to pray on people... Society will still give you rights and treat you like a human being.

I however will not

Great post.

You fucks can talk all the shit you want, fact is I'm a better man than most. I say this with no ego whatsoever, I was taught by the most honorable man I've ever known and live every day with him on my mind. In fact I tend to avoid going beyond small talk with most people because the average man doesn't conduct himself very respectably and I'd rather not know about it.

At 36 I'm a bit stuck in my ways, namely from one girl to the next. The lady I'm currently with has me questioning my habits and after so long it's a quite an adjustment to make. Basically I'm just venting/coping with my decision here, to knock it all off and stick with just one woman.

That's weird.

That an arfcommer is anti-social?

It's not weird for an arfcommer. But using bizarre antisocial habits to prove one's superior honor is weird in general.

And the contradiction is weird. He's saying he keeps himself above the dishonorable rabble debating whether to cheat on his SO. I think it's called cognitive dissonance or something?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Even though she would never know...

I would know.

So, no.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's not weird for an arfcommer. But using bizarre antisocial habits to prove one's superior honor is weird in general.

And the contradiction is weird. He's saying he keeps himself above the dishonorable rabble debating whether to cheat on his SO. I think it's called cognitive dissonance or something?
View Quote

You can talk to me, I'm right here.

Your perceptions are completely subjective, as is your reasoning. I would argue that it's not "bizarre" at all to avoid those among us who lack integrity.

What contradiction? I pose a question and state that I'm a respectable man. How am I contradicting myself? Was David Hume guilty of contradiction?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your perceptions are completely subjective, as is your reasoning. I would argue that it's not "bizarre" at all to avoid those among us who lack integrity.

What contradiction? I pose a question and state that I'm a respectable man. How am I contradicting myself? Was David Hume guilty of contradiction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you 'didn't care'.

You didn't say you avoided those who lack integrity (which is normal and good). You said you avoided people in general because they're probably not up to your standards (something a weirdo would do).

A respectable man wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

I'll stop judging you because it seems to be annoying you, but you literally asked for it by starting this thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
In this simple equation the answer is no.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You didn't say you avoided those who lack integrity (which is normal and good). You said you avoided people in general because they're probably not up to your standards (something a weirdo would do).

I'll stop judging you because it seems to be annoying you, but you literally asked for it by starting this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't care if you think I'm weird. I will however, correct an incorrect assertion.

I don't avoid people in general, that's a ridiculous conclusion based on my post. I stated that I don't go beyond small talk with MOST people because I find MOST to be undisciplined, or lacking in integrity, whatever you want to call it. Let's be honest here, dear.

Far more respectable men than I have asked far worse questions, is that the same as taking action?

You're not going to annoy me, don't worry about it. It takes a lot more than a little drama to get me riled.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Say you're in a committed relationship and you meet a chick you really want to smash.

She wants to bone too, and there's more than just a physical attraction going on. There's chemistry, making her infinitely sexier, but not quite enough to bounce on your chick.

Here's the kicker.. your S.O. will NOT find out. She's out of town, loves and trusts you completely.

Do you do it?
View Quote

Yeah, throw that shit right back in her face and teach her a lesson.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope the OP's SO is takin BBC RN
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Nah.

If she would sleep with me, she would sleep with anybody.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck no.  I value loyalty and respect above most everything else.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Appreciate the well wishes, but she's busy being a first responder at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've spent most of my adult life not being a douche.

So, no.
View Quote

This. Good answer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Appreciate the well wishes, but she's busy being a first responder at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah ..... on a you know what
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Say you're in a committed relationship and you meet a chick you really want to smash.

She wants to bone too, and there's more than just a physical attraction going on. There's chemistry, making her infinitely sexier, but not quite enough to bounce on your chick.

Here's the kicker.. your S.O. will NOT find out. She's out of town, loves and trusts you completely.

Do you do it?
View Quote

Why can't you just ask your SO about it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hay hay! 14'er time!!

Isn't summer break awesome?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#18]
All kidding aside … you gotta ask yourself one thing
Would you want you’re chick to even consider doing the same?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope.

My conscience would tear me up.

Sure, my ego would be boosted a little by having a hot chicka wanting to take a ride on the ol' meat pole... but I couldn't cheat on someone I love.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you do it?
View Quote

A committed relationship can mean many things and be on many different levels. If you are serious about continuing the "committed relationship", then hell no don't do it.

If not, then be a man and dump the girl first. Unless it's just some girl you've been dating for a few months and mutually decided to not see anyone else....I don't really find that to be all that committed.

Like I said, your terms are vague and can mean many different things.

Having said that.....you aren't married.....this is your time to find out what, and who you want to have as a long term relationship/marriage......so if you aren't 100% sure what you have, is what you want......then you need to explore options.

Many a man has thought the grass was greener on the other side, only to get there and find it's not what it appeared from a distance.....and when they go back they find the grass they had has done been mowed. Choose wisely.

I've been on both sides of the fence you are sitting on. However, once I married my wife, I've never considered cheating whatsoever. I don't really even look at other women at all. If that's not how you feel about your current SO, you are not with the right woman.

Having a few years on these bones now, I think the meaning of life is happiness. To be truly happy, you not only need to follow the path that takes you there, but you have to be guilt free in all regards of your life along the way. Say what needs said, do what needs done, and avoid anything that will bring you guilt and regret. Live by those words, and you won't have the need to ask questions like these anymore.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A committed relationship can mean many things and be on many different levels. If you are serious about continuing the "committed relationship", then hell no don't do it.

If not, then be a man and dump the girl first. Unless it's just some girl you've been dating for a few months and mutually decided to not see anyone else....I don't really find that to be all that committed.

Having said that.....you aren't married.....this is your time to find out what, and who you want to have as a long term relationship/marriage......so if you aren't 100% sure what you have, is what you want......then you need to explore options.

Many a man has thought the grass was greener on the other side, only to get there and find it's not what it appeared from a distance.....and when they go back they find the grass they had has done been mowed. Choose wisely.

I've been on both sides of the fence you are sitting on. However, once I married my wife, I've never considered cheating whatsoever. I don't really even look at other women at all. If that's not how you feel about your current SO, you are not with the right woman.

Having a few years on these bones now, I think the meaning of life is happiness. To be truly happy, you not only need to follow the path that takes you there, but you have to be guilt free in all regards of your life along the way. Say what needs said, do what needs done, and avoid anything that will bring you guilt and regret. Live by those words, and you won't have the need to ask questions like these anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you do it?

That's my problem.

She happens to be by far the coolest chick I've met in a long time, but I'm not 100%.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Do it, but only if a gay couple is videotaping the act.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

She happens to be by far the coolest chick I've met in a long time, but I'm not 100%.
View Quote

So you are planning on cheating on her.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Smart move on your part not attempting the contraction this time.

And that's one hell of a leap.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#25]
No.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really a leap at all. Judging by the the way you have posted in this thread it seems that you are looking for moral guidance from strangers. Guidance that you seem to be ignoring.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#27]
nope.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#28]
id have to live w/ myself for the rest of my life.  Loyalty is teh chiefest among virutes, IMO, b/c it is absolutly the foundation for all human society.  

also, I can't get nothing by my wife.  First time I saw her, she'd sniff it out in no time. She has, paranormal powers
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Not really a leap at all. Judging by the the way you have posted in this thread it seems that you are looking for moral guidance from strangers. Guidance that you seem to be ignoring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's another one.

I posed a simple quandry, whether it's authentic or not is anyone's guess.

Regardless, the people you call "strangers" are very often excellent sources of information and insight, 13er. While it's true many here, present company excluded of course, should suck on an exhaust pipe, others are worthy of very high esteem.

Have you read all the posts in this thread? I'll bet if you do you'll find that there are a few that are truly helpful and genuine.

Anyway... what's your fucking point?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There's another one.

Regardless, the people you call "strangers" are very often excellent sources of information and insight, 13er. While it's true many here, present company excluded of course, should suck on an exhaust pipe, others are worthy of very high esteem.

Have you read all the posts in this thread? I'll bet if you do you'll find that there are a few that are truly helpful and genuine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's another one.

lol love the 13er low blow. I might as well make some retarded comment about you living in California. I won't ; because I'm not getting defensive. The point of this thread. As you've made clear. Is not to wax hypothetical about morality. You know that. Either way it doesn't matter at all. I'm out of this thread. Keep trying to prove your high moral ground while at the same time fucking some chick behind your GFs back. The irony would be sad if it weren't so hilarious.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

No you don't get it, he's above small talk and discussing such things, so he created a thread to let us all know.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I would never cheat on Little pony.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#33]
This is a moral decision.  If you think it would be acceptable,  then you have to accept that somewhere your wife or whatever may be having sex with someone who is not you.  You would have to be totally cool with it and understand it is "purely sexual" and "wouldn't mean anything".

If you cannot accept it. Don't do it to someone else.

If you can, make arrangements with your wife or whatever that you are emotionally monogamous but want access to other women's bodies.
Just remember a lot of people cannot handle relationships like this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:37:09 AM EDT
[#34]
You seem familiar.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If your girl loves you that much, do her a favor and dump her first. She deserves better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#36]
If you're already talking about having sex together enough to know that she wants it, you're already cheating in a woman's eyes.

Either finish the job or never start it to begin with.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:12:18 AM EDT
[#37]
There were a few times where I could have screwed around without fear of getting caught.  But I never did it.  I never wanted to.

Staying loyal to my wife is not driven by fear of being caught.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#38]
If you voted yes, you have ZERO integrity and ZERO honor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Sometimes polls/threads like this restore my faith in humanity......sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:49:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Nope.

I would be a liar if I said I had never seen a woman that I thought "hmmmm"....and with a little work I could get it done. But honor and loyalty to my wife keep me from cheating.

It's pretty simple....if getting caught would fuck up your life....you shouldn't do it.....regardless of what we are talking about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#41]
No. She will find out
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:01:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Would she be ok with you banging her roommates?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Duramax owners.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Nope.  I would never do that.  I am not a piece of fucking garbage.  

She trusts you for a reason.  The fact that you are asking the question is enough for me
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Integrity is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Would she be ok with you banging her roommates?
View Quote

Absolutely. It's a gay couple...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If there's more than physical attraction, and chemistry - than one time will turn into 25 because intimacy will develop quickly, then possessiveness and attraction...or love and the S.O. will find out because you'll be stupid and wreck your relationship with resentment and blind-boner-decisions.

The scenario is science fiction.
View Quote

I'll go with what he says.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:48:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Classy thread is classy

I've never cheated in any relationship. If you have that strong of a desire to sleep with someone else then you don't actually love the person your with. I've been cheated and would NOT hurt someone like that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A real man would never ask himself the question to begin with.

Admire the scenery, sure.  Think "Could I get away with this?"  Nope.  Act on it?  Even bigger nope.
View Quote

This. The moment you move from ogling to figuring out implementation, you'd better stop yourself right quick.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:53:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nope, I am better than that
View Quote

Yep....BINGO!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top