Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:27 PM EDT
Long drawn out legal issue involving the shop, scum lawyers, and the so-called fucking justice system. After fighting for the last 10 months we finally had to make the bitter decision to give up the fight and walk away. We reached a point where we would be fucked no matter which way we went, so fuck it, the other side can claim victory.

Not a lot at stake in the big scheme of things ($2,500) but it still fucking pisses me off that we have to just take it and like it. To continue we would end up spending more than the $2,500 in legal fees and I am 99.9999% sure the court would tell us to go piss up a rope and rule against. Sumbitches.

FUCK

No that ain't going to do it

FUCKING COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER

How about you? What the hell is your bitch tonight? Rant thread until or unless the Mods/Staff lock it down. Those power hungry....nah I like Mod/Staff
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.......
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you elaborate on the case?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Details are overwhelming.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you elaborate on the case?
View Quote

Just boring shit, being screwed over on a pawn by a guy and his bankruptcy lawyer. Courts don't give a shit, they just want to process it, and move on to the next. Being a LLC you can't go to court per se, (okay I agree with that) so the only way we can fight it is hire a expensive ass mouth piece.

We did muck up the works for awhile with our amateur attempts at law, I enjoyed that, fuck I even made what I thought was a half decent motion. Typed up all official and every thing, it slowed them down, but we reached the end.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry man.  Sucks, doesn't it?

We got it up the backside after getting screwed over by our roofer's POS insurance company (rhymes with Skelter).  His piss-poor job had water leaking all through our house, which resulted in mold all through the attic.  His adjuster duped me with lies and now we're out nearly $10,000.  I see you're in Kansas as well...if you ever need a roofer I can tell you who NOT to use.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
What was it that the dude pawned?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
You missed the main point, that the system is a LEGAL system, not a justice system.

Just sayin,
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You missed the main point, that the system is a LEGAL system, not a justice system.

Just sayin,
View Quote

You know, I never thought of that.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, Kenny Rogers had something to say about your situation.

But in his case, he was playing cards.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Several years ago I had a nasty business dispute.  I was right, the "plaintiff" was wrong.  Quite frankly I wanted to settle, but my attorney was absolutely sure we'd prevail.  After eating through the original retainer, we finally gear up to go to court.  The day of the depositions my attorney say's "you know what?  Why don't we just settle".  ...WTF!

So I ended up paying what I would have paid just to make it go away 14 months earlier, PLUS legal fees.  I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers.  The burn will pass.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
So if someone pawns something and claims bankruptcy you have to return it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So if someone pawns something and claims bankruptcy you have to return it?
View Quote

The item was specifically listed in the bankruptcy, so from my understanding of the KS law, yeah that puts a hold on everything until the court decides.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Several years ago I had a nasty business dispute.  I was right, the "plaintiff" was wrong.  Quite frankly I wanted to settle, but my attorney was absolutely sure we'd prevail.  After eating through the original retainer, we finally gear up to go to court.  The day of the depositions my attorney say's "you know what?  Why don't we just settle".  ...WTF!

View Quote

So I ended up paying what I would have paid just to make it go away 14 months earlier, PLUS legal fees. I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers.  The burn will pass.  

YES.

I think many lawyers milk the case until they get the impression their client is just about out of funds and/or ready to drop the matter.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I just found out I have to go to court to give a deposition on a large job we are being sued on. So far ive been told that they said that I did what I could but it was the manufacturer that had defects they ignored.

I thought this was settled a long time ago. I built the facility in 06.

Luckily the manufacturer has to cover all of our legal costs since we are just a dealer.

I like to get things resolved. Its hard for me to fathom we are still being sued for something i did when i was 18. Ive moved twice, got married, left the company,  came back,  became a partner and had kids since then.  Lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I stopped recognizing the legal profession long ago.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So I ended up paying what I would have paid just to make it go away 14 months earlier, PLUS legal fees. I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers.  The burn will pass.  

YES.

I think many lawyers milk the case until they get the impression their client is just about out of funds and/or ready to drop the matter.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES.

Yes lawyers like to make other lawyers money, and the politicians being 90% lawyers are in on it.

I had a friend who got a DUI, goes to court, wants to plead guilty, the judge (former lawyer) tells, him you need to hire a lawyer to plead guilty for you or I am going to throw the book at you. So he hires a lawyer, who walks and says my client is guilty, so out goes another $500 that could have gone to feed his family, plus the other expenses of the DUI. I guess the moral of the story is don't drink and drive, and Fuck Lawyers, and judges
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I firmly agree with your red letter assessment.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread will eventually provoke the Penguin.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I stopped recognizing the legal profession long ago.
View Quote

It's the reason you have to go through pages of warnings and disclosures before you can get to the actual instructions.  It's the reason many investments have volumes of disclosures that nobody reads, and are so voluminous and complex it'd take a legion of attorneys to decipher and explain.  It's the reason our bureaucracy has become so insanely complex.  It's why the legal system is no longer a justice system.  It's why government is so absurdly complex.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Shoulda called Saul?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

.....I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers.  The burn will pass.  
View Quote

In a town with one lawyer, that lawyer will starve. In a town with two lawyers, both lawyers will get rich.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#23]
My bitch is this.

I was working on running against my elected state rep who among many things voted to take my guns away. I realized last night, I won't be able to afford it.  I was expecting to spend upwards of a grand and several pairs of shoes on my campaign.  I was counting on my overtime to pay for my campaign.  The problem is my overtime isn't there.  Normally we have up to 20hrs a week.  This year, I'm lucky if I can make 10.  I still have house expenses like a large buy of heating oil and saving for the winter's heating oil.  

It's worst because I know I can give him a run for his money.  The whole plan was to make him work for his seat.  He basically inherited his seat on his father's name.  One friend says he only seem him at church when its election time.  Alot of people in town hate this guy in town.

So I contacted the republican candidate and told him I was out and available for work.

For me, I feel like I'm pussing out and suffering from mission failure.  A friend is telling me this more of a situational failure because I first have to afford to live above any everything else.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Life can be tough.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I spent 20k on legal fees so I could decide who I did or did not want using my private drive on a home I live in once a month at the most now.

Maybe that will make you feel better
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My bitch is this.

I was working on running against my elected state rep who among many things voted to take my guns away. I realized last night, I won't be able to afford it.  I was expecting to spend upwards of a grand and several pairs of shoes on my campaign.  I was counting on my overtime to pay for my campaign.  The problem is my overtime isn't there.  Normally we have up to 20hrs a week.  This year, I'm lucky if I can make 10.  I still have house expenses like a large buy of heating oil and saving for the winter's heating oil.  

It's worst because I know I can give him a run for his money.  The whole plan was to make him work for his seat.  He basically inherited his seat on his father's name.  One friend says he only seem him at church when its election time.  Alot of people in town hate this guy in town.

So I contacted the republican candidate and told him I was out and available for work.

For me, I feel like I'm pussing out and suffering from mission failure.  A friend is telling me this more of a situational failure because I first have to afford to live above any everything else.
View Quote

I'd contribute to your campaign. Frack David Kiner.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Losing attorneys (not plaintiffs or defendants - their ATTORNEYS) should have to pay for the losing side's attorney fees.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:16:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just sayin,
View Quote

This.......is truth.

I bought that whole truth, justice and the American way bullshit line too.

Move on with your life and try not to rinse, wash, repeat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

So I ended up paying what I would have paid just to make it go away 14 months earlier, PLUS legal fees.  I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers. The burn will pass.  

QFT.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Long drawn out legal issue involving the shop, scum lawyers, and the so-called fucking justice system. After fighting for the last 10 months we finally had to make the bitter decision to give up the fight and walk away. We reached a point where we would be fucked no matter which way we went, so fuck it, the other side can claim victory.

Not a lot at stake in the big scheme of things ($2,500) but it still fucking pisses me off that we have to just take it and like it. To continue we would end up spending more than the $2,500 in legal fees and I am 99.9999% sure the court would tell us to go piss up a rope and rule against. Sumbitches.

FUCK

No that ain't going to do it

FUCKING COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER

How about you? What the hell is your bitch tonight? Rant thread until or unless the Mods/Staff lock it down. Those power hungry....nah I like Mod/Staff
View Quote

Don't feel bad, sometimes you just have to walk away.  That's life.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just found out I have to go to court to give a deposition on a large job we are being sued on. So far ive been told that they said that I did what I could but it was the manufacturer that had defects they ignored.

Luckily the manufacturer has to cover all of our legal costs since we are just a dealer.

I like to get things resolved. Its hard for me to fathom we are still being sued for something i did when i was 18. Ive moved twice, got married, left the company,  came back,  became a partner and had kids since then.  Lol
View Quote

I recently testified as an expert witness for a patient in an accident that happened in 2007.  Why does it take 7 years to go to court?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I spent 20k on legal fees so I could decide who I did or did not want using my private drive on a home I live in once a month at the most now.

Maybe that will make you feel better
View Quote

I remember that story.  It sucked badly.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:59:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In a town with one lawyer, that lawyer will starve. In a town with two lawyers, both lawyers will get rich.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....I am firmly convinced the business of lawyers, is to make business for lawyers.  The burn will pass.  

And one of them will be elected to office.

Voters keep electing lawyers to political office and then wonder why the "system" is rigged against them.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Something I learned a long time ago: In almost every case, there's a winner and a loser, and the losers never blame themselves.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I recently testified as an expert witness for a patient in an accident that happened in 2007.  Why does it take 7 years to go to court?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because most firms bill by the hour, and there are a lot of billable hours in 7 years.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top