[#1]
Why OP Just listen
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The stock on this rifle.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/20140501_153320_zpse5hmeypi.jpg

Allows for simulated full-auto fire, by moving the rifle rearwards upon firing between 3/8"-1/2", letting the trigger reset and the rifle fire again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh, what is a Slide Fire?

The stock on this rifle.

Allows for simulated full-auto fire, by moving the rifle rearwards upon firing between 3/8"-1/2", letting the trigger reset and the rifle fire again.

That's a Fostech Outdoors DefendAR-15, but close enough...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
A second reason, besides it does not fit the deffinition of MG, is that not everyone in the FBI, or the ATF for that matter are liberal gun grabbing assholes.
In fact, a TON of people in the FBI and ATF are super pro-gun, and are just normal everyday gun owners and shooters.

It's just hampered by bureaucracy and bad decisions driven primarily by higher powers leading to highly memorable decisions in between lots of neutral or helpful ones.
Note, that during the last few gun crazes, they actually increased their capabilities to do background checks and NFA processes.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The real question is, why do we still have the NFA if stocks like the slid fire circumvent NFA items legally?  

People pay $15-16,000 for an $600 M-16....  $4-5000 for a $300 or less MAC.  
If slid-fire stocks can erode the NFA to the point it's challenged, I'm all for it.   I really want an ultimax-100.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm more surprised they allowed the Sig brace to fly than the slide fire stock, but then went after Sig's compensator, claiming it was a suppressor.

No rhyme or reason to it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You must hate freedom or something OP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Because they have no idea what they are doing?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Surely they would never change their mind in the future and demand a list of names and addresses of customers.
View Quote

Well it's either "live free or die" or "three hots and a cot" for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Any Day now, they're going to be banned.  Mark my words.  ANY DAY NOW.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm more surprised they allowed the Sig brace to fly than the slide fire stock, but then went after Sig's compensator, claiming it was a suppressor.

View Quote
ROFL come on now.

When your compensator looks like the guts of a washer suppressor...  
Do I support them trying to call it a suppressor, no.  
Am I surprised they tried to call it a suppressor when it's clearly a suppressor "part" masquerading as a comp?  Not one bit.
Plus, the Sig brace was pretty clearly spelled out for it's intended use, and shouldering the buffer tube of an AR pistol is not against anything.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seriously, with all the stupid rules they have why allow Slidefires?
View Quote

As soon as you have a lot of very specific technical rules, you will have a lot of very specific technical ways around the rules.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are they going to realistically do about them?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
ROFL come on now.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/sig-mdx-1.jpg

Am I surprised they tried to call it a suppressor when it's clearly a suppressor "part" masquerading as a comp?  Not one bit.

Plus, the Sig brace was pretty clearly spelled out for it's intended use, and shouldering the buffer tube of an AR pistol is not against anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROFL come on now.

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/sig-mdx-1.jpg

The compensator is obviously a suppressor core without the sleeve, by the same token the brace is obviously a stock with a slot and a strap.

They're both just ways for Sig to push the envelope on the NFA but one went to court and one barely got a second look.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This... Especially if every swinging dick with an AR has at least one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The compensator is obviously a suppressor core without the sleeve, by the same token the brace is obviously a stock with a slot and a strap.

They're both just ways for Sig to push the envelope on the NFA but one went to court and one barely got a second look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

This is just a WAG But I would have to assume it's a ease of turning it into a suppressor, where as the sig brace is no more effective or less effective than sticking a rubber cap or tennis ball on the end of a pistol.  

I theorize this based on the old screw on fake suppressor barrel shrouds for those MP5 clone .22's that came out awhile back.  When I was slinging guns they had a recall on the shrouds because the ATF got pissy about them being easily converted to suppressors by porting the barrel.  

Another product is the Magpul AFG, it can be put on pistols without them being AOW's, even though it's designed to be implemented firing with two hands and all that.
So it seems the ATF trends towards more things like cans, than it does accessories.  Over the last few years.
I for one, hope Sig inspires other companies to fuck with the ATF and NFA!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:This is just a WAG But I would have to assume it's a ease of turning it into a suppressor, where as the sig brace is no more effective or less effective than sticking a rubber cap or tennis ball on the end of a pistol.  

I theorize this based on the old screw on fake suppressor barrel shrouds for those MP5 clone .22's that came out awhile back.  When I was slinging guns they had a recall on the shrouds because the ATF got pissy about them being easily converted to suppressors by porting the barrel.  

Another product is the Magpul AFG, it can be put on pistols without them being AOW's, even though it's designed to be implemented firing with two hands and all that.

So it seems the ATF trends towards more things like cans, than it does accessories.  Over the last few years.

I for one, hope Sig inspires other companies to fuck with the ATF and NFA!!!!!!
View Quote

Ultimately the laws themselves are just illogical and arbitrary and thus lend themselves to arbitrary enforcement.

The whole mess needs to be repealed or struck down but fat chance that will happen in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry, one day they will figure out a way to ban them, along with the sig brace too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#19]
b/c to ban them, congress would have to ban them, or would have to re-word the statutory definition of "machine gun."  

contrary to popular notions, ATF does have some limits to their power, particularly if they know that they could be challenged in court.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Surely they would never change their mind in the future and demand a list of names and addresses of customers.
View Quote

relax bro, doesnt work that way.  the SF and the sig brace are here to stay barring "an act of congress."
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:16:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Pass unconstitutional laws then say things are legal if they aren't covered in said laws.  Genius.  Its like the basis of our RKBA comes from the ATF and the federal laws passed.

How about this OP.  Why do the citizens of the United States allow the ATF to exist and infringe upon their rights?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock on this rifle.

My bad, I remembered it from your OP and thought it would answer the question well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My bad, I remembered it from your OP and thought it would answer the question well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock on this rifle.

No worries. I have had both and I suppose it's like how any circular saw is a "Skilsaw."
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Because it fits within the written law, just like the Sig brace, cane tips, Tac-con 3mr and Sigs muzzle brake do.

ETA: If people would read the laws concerning NFA items and the definitions involved they would have a better understanding of why ATF has made certain rulings.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Because they are for people with disabilities. Clearly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because they are for people with disabilities. Clearly.
View Quote

Yeah... Kinda like the RKBA is for militias, right?

In that very letter it says that it has no springs and is classified as a firearm part. It doesn't matter who has one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is OP the same goober that was ripping on the militia's patrolling the border?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do You hate Freedom??

Is OP the same goober that was ripping on the militia's patrolling the border?

That was 1/2 of GD doing that!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As soon as you have a lot of very specific technical rules, you will have a lot of very specific technical ways around the rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some days I love my job.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The stock on this rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock on this rifle.

I've been having stupid thoughts about doing something similar... specs and more pics?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because they know you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one
View Quote

This guy has no idea what he's talking about.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because they know you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one

I guess it depends on how far away it is. As long as I have my drop, I am 99.999999% sure I could put every round into a barn from >1000yds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  I guess it depends on how far away it is. As long as I have my drop, I am 99.999999% sure I could put every round into a barn from >1000yds.
View Quote

Here's your drop:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/eliminatorIII.html

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:  I guess it depends on how far away it is. As long as I have my drop, I am 99.999999% sure I could put every round into a barn from >1000yds.

Here's your drop:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/eliminatorIII.html

http://www.burrisoptics.com/images/EliminatorIII-scopes.jpg

You know... I have spent enough money on this thing. I will just learn my holds past 600yds...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hold it, you got so upset over the Slide Fire thread you started a new thread to complain about them being legal?

What then, pray tell, is your opinion of the Sig Brace, shown below?

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P516-7IN-SB15-Detail-Hero.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hold it, you got so upset over the Slide Fire thread you started a new thread to complain about them being legal?

While we are on the topic does anyone know where I could get a name brand lower with the brace and a FCG installed. Bassically a complete brand name lower with the brace instead of a stock.?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

While we are on the topic does anyone know where I could get a name brand lower with the brace and a FCG installed. Bassically a complete brand name lower with the brace instead of a stock.?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Define "name brand."

Areo pistol lower
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Why would they not be legal?  Each primer strike is finger directed and thus it is not a "machine gun".  That being said, they are really fucking stupid.  Even with .22lr it is a case of "I can expend ammo twice as fast, but my accuracy takes a >90% decrease".   Hook your trigger finger and pull your firearm forward for the same effect.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because it fits within the written law, just like the Sig brace, cane tips, Tac-con 3mr and Sigs muzzle brake do.

ETA: If people would read the laws concerning NFA items and the definitions involved they would have a better understanding of why ATF has made certain rulings.
View Quote

If you're not cynical to the point of absurdity then you're not cool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Why would they not be legal?  Each primer strike is finger directed and thus it is not a "machine gun".  That being said, they are really fucking stupid.  Even with .22lr it is a case of "I can expend ammo twice as fast, but my accuracy takes a >90% decrease".   Hook your trigger finger and pull your firearm forward for the same effect.
View Quote
Well, it's pretty clear you're talking out of your ass.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  I need a longer range to run my stock with some more distance:

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I agree.  I need a longer range to run my stock with some more distance:   http://youtu.be/-kKWMqt6TnQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I need a longer range to run my stock with some more distance:   http://youtu.be/-kKWMqt6TnQ

Yep, that looked totally dangerous and all over the place...
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Per their letter as posted on the manufacturer's website, it is to accommodate those with disabilities in their hands.  The derp in this thread notwithstanding.

You've read the ATF letter?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Because it's not a machine gun and there is no legal basis to call it one.  With the stock, the trigger still functions as a semi auto, firing one shot with one pull of the trigger.
View Quote

This.

I'm surprised liberals aren't calling things like this a "machine gun loophole".

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Per their letter as posted on the manufacturer's website, it is to accommodate those with disabilities in their hands.  The derp in this thread notwithstanding.

View Quote
The pretense of the letter is irrelevant, the fact that it doesn't automatically function the triggeris what matters.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#44]
sig brace sucks
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean like how the second amendment only applies to militias?

The second paragraph of that letter specifically states that it's a firearm part and does not convert the rifle to be full auto. From that point it doesn't matter who has it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#46]
How about shut up and don't question these kind of things
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
I can only surmise that since things like the slide-fire undermine th epurpose of the NFA, yet you keep posting trying to poke holes in the logic behind the legality of said product?

Does that mean you support the NFA and it's restrictions on legal firearms owners, and if so why?

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

sig brace sucks
View Quote
So? NFA laws do too.  

Below is the "Required extreme ARF style argument..."

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#49]
just look at the owner of the company...he looks like an agent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So? NFA laws do too.  

http://youtu.be/b7G-sOC3-sQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sig brace sucks
So? NFA laws do too.  

http://youtu.be/b7G-sOC3-sQ

Sig and slide fire need to team up and make the "Slide Brace".
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top