Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
As a general rule I don't touch random strangers' children or animals.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hmmm, maybe I should make sure YOU never go out as you MIGHT have the ability to kill someone!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
If you are taking an unleashed dog to the river that might bite people seems a bite foolish.

Hmmm, maybe I should make sure YOU never go out as you MIGHT have the ability to kill someone!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You're not disabled are you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuX-CNL0r0
View Quote

That dude was a dick. Dogs are a pussy magnet - he is doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
At least they're not trying to pet the blonde.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm guilty of wanting to pet every dog I see.  I won't go out of my way to do so, but if it wanders over to me, I'll let it smell my hand and check me out and then I'll pet it if it doesn't seem skittish.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are taking an unleashed dog to the river that might bite people seems a bite foolish.

if the only time the dog will nip is if random people run up to it and grab it....that's a pretty damn natural response.  Some random asshole comes up and grabs me or my woman, they are likely to find themselves on the ground ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OP, maybe it's best you keep your dog at home?
View Quote

Maybe you should keep yourself at home itstock
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, maybe it's best you keep your dog at home?

. Fine, the basement smells good anyway.

I honestly get the ops point as I don't approach other peoples pets (or kids).  But when you can control one of the two variables in these situations, instead of bitching, control that shit.  Or accept that is the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yers, that's it!
i just can't wait for people to get close so I can sic him on them!
The body count is horrendous, and the carnage draws the fish, please report me now!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
So you bring your trained attack dog out in public, don't leash him, and complain when people approach?

Yers, that's it!
The body count is horrendous, and the carnage draws the fish, please report me now!

I am 100% with you OP. Your original point was ASSHOLES who think they have a fucking goddamn right to crash your spot and fuck with your dog. If you wanted to have your dog fondled by every eco dick in a kayak, you sound like the kind of guy who would put up a fucking sign saying "hey come fondle my fucking dog". Sadly you posted in GD where reading comprehension is sadly absent, as well as people actually reading beyond the first sentence or two. The point, if I am reading you right, is have the fucking sense and courtesy to fucking ask, instead of just assuming that they have free reign to come fuck with YOUR dog. And THEY GET BUTTHURT when you tell to fo. Then those same types of inconsiderate pricks come on here and whine at you some more.
Don't you just love it when morons who don't have the sense to pour piss out of a boot even with the directions printed on the sole get butthurt when you don't let them do whatever they want, and then go crybaby over it.

Those same people are the ones that think they can come up and fuck with my kids in their stroller. Doing that is GOING TO END BADLY.
You must learn to FUCKING GODDAMN ASK PERMISSION TO ENTER MY SPACE or that of my pets or family. What is so hard for all of you people who are down on OP to understand about this? Just because, as a free man he chooses to go out in public with his pet, where do you get that if he does not want you FUCKING WITH HIS GODDAMN DOG, you can ignore that, and do whatever YOU want anyhow. And then when because of your stupid ass actions you get bit, now you're gonna play victim and sue. All because YOU are special (in a short bus kinda way) and the rules of common civil behavior don't apply to you.

REMEMBER. HE WAS SITTING ON THE BANK OF THE RIVER, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS, WHEN THE KAYAK KLOWNS CRASHED HIS SCENE AND THEN GOT THEIR FEELINGS HURT WHEN THEY DID NOT GET TO PET THE DOG.

Sorry for the all caps, I know the mods do not like it, but sometimes one just has to put some emphasis behind one's comments in hopes that the people who need to hear the message will actually get it.

I got yer back, Gunslinger.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a beautiful place, OP!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You are probably one of those people that take your dog into crowds and festivals aren't you? If you don't want people to ask to pet your dog, then don't take it where people are. I can't stand it when people think that their fucking dog is superior to people, kids, etc. It's always someone else's fault when some jackasses dog bites a kid. It isn't your baby, it is your pet... a fucking animal!!! Keep it on a damn leash. Get over it and yourself!  

I have come to believe that dog fanatics are some of the most anti social, self righteous people I have ever met.
View Quote
I had a Chow. A big one. He scared the shit out of people in public, but he never bit or showed aggression in the 13 years of his life.

Naturally, everyone interested would ask if it was OK to pet him because they were a bit scared. I always let them...he loved attention.

I would consider myself a dog fanatic. I love dogs. I am far from ant-social and not self righteous at all.

Not everyone is like the op.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#12]
People are pretty damn stupid and/or ignorant and/or oblivious..

They are just as stupid with their own pets as they are with other peoples.

I am constantly reminded of this when I take my dog out
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't understand.  You take your dog out in public and are upset that people want to pet it?  Did I get that right?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
That's a beautiful place, OP![/quote
Tell ya what, in the interest of full disclosure, here's a pic of me fishing...

quote]You take your dog out in public and are upset that people want to pet it? Did I get that right?
View Quote

Correct, uninvited, and unwelcome.
Why do so many of you feel the need/right to come up to someone's animal and touch it?
I got this guy to protect me and mine, YOU are not his mission, WE are.
Would you just walk up to someone on the street walking their dog and expect it to react favorably?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not only that, but dogs key off their owner.  Not asking the owner can be a huge no-no especially with some breeds.  Akitas like to see a handshake, or other proper indication of acceptance by their master before they are comfortable being touched......

If it's not yours, don't touch it without permission.  The dog isn't legally allowed to choose, and it's not legally responsible for it's actions......I am.  Ask ME.

Yes, I've publicly scolded people for running up to my dog and petting him w/o asking, or even getting a non-spoken "yes" with eye-contact.....he doesn't like it, and contrary to what a few people have posted.....most people are completely in the dark about how a dog feels about it.  Mine doesn't like it.  Puts him on edge if people come up to him without my OK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, why should I ask the owner if I can pet the dog when the dog is perfectly capable of deciding for himself if he wants me to pet him or not?

The owner decides, not the dog, why would you feel comfortable coming up to ANY unknown animal?
Respect, it goes a long way.

Not only that, but dogs key off their owner.  Not asking the owner can be a huge no-no especially with some breeds.  Akitas like to see a handshake, or other proper indication of acceptance by their master before they are comfortable being touched......

If it's not yours, don't touch it without permission.  The dog isn't legally allowed to choose, and it's not legally responsible for it's actions......I am.  Ask ME.

Yes, I've publicly scolded people for running up to my dog and petting him w/o asking, or even getting a non-spoken "yes" with eye-contact.....he doesn't like it, and contrary to what a few people have posted.....most people are completely in the dark about how a dog feels about it.  Mine doesn't like it.  Puts him on edge if people come up to him without my OK.

Yep. Bunch of titty babys in here.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am 100% with you OP. Your original point was ASSHOLES who think they have a fucking goddamn right to crash your spot and fuck with your dog. If you wanted to have your dog fondled by every eco dick in a kayak, you sound like the kind of guy who would put up a fucking sign saying "hey come fondle my fucking dog". Sadly you posted in GD where reading comprehension is sadly absent, as well as people actually reading beyond the first sentence or two. The point, if I am reading you right, is have the fucking sense and courtesy to fucking ask, instead of just assuming that they have free reign to come fuck with YOUR dog. And THEY GET BUTTHURT when you tell to fo. Then those same types of inconsiderate pricks come on here and whine at you some more.
Don't you just love it when morons who don't have the sense to pour piss out of a boot even with the directions printed on the sole get butthurt when you don't let them do whatever they want, and then go crybaby over it.

Those same people are the ones that think they can come up and fuck with my kids in their stroller. Doing that is GOING TO END BADLY.
You must learn to FUCKING GODDAMN ASK PERMISSION TO ENTER MY SPACE or that of my pets or family. What is so hard for all of you people who are down on OP to understand about this? Just because, as a free man he chooses to go out in public with his pet, where do you get that if he does not want you FUCKING WITH HIS GODDAMN DOG, you can ignore that, and do whatever YOU want anyhow. And then when because of your stupid ass actions you get bit, now you're gonna play victim and sue. All because YOU are special (in a short bus kinda way) and the rules of common civil behavior don't apply to you.

REMEMBER. HE WAS SITTING ON THE BANK OF THE RIVER, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS, WHEN THE KAYAK KLOWNS CRASHED HIS SCENE AND THEN GOT THEIR FEELINGS HURT WHEN THEY DID NOT GET TO PET THE DOG.

Sorry for the all caps, I know the mods do not like it, but sometimes one just has to put some emphasis behind one's comments in hopes that the people who need to hear the message will actually get it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you bring your trained attack dog out in public, don't leash him, and complain when people approach?

Yers, that's it!

I just saw this website online where you can order ritalin!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy47/Gunslinger8O8/trout2.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You've made me start a thread in Travel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Who cares? We don't need full disclosure unless your a female.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Even worse is when people let their dogs run loose - and their dog comes running up to my leashed dogs.  They usually laugh and say something like "oh don't mind him, he's a sweetheart"

Maybe so, but my dogs can be super protective (our Aussie/Heeler mix) or just stupid (JRT) and letting your dog charge up to us is going to start a fight.
View Quote

I hear that, then they get upset when your dog (well mine) takes them down. I have Aussies and they are pretty much of the mentality that I am theirs, don't fuck with their stuff.

I prefer they don't get walked in neighborhoods, to many irresponsible dog owners and people. I avoid the conflict. I want to keep my house and my dawgs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Petting somebody else's dog without permission is like finger fucking their AR at the range when they aren't looking.

What scares me is the little kids who start screaming 'PUPPY' as the charge my 140 pound Rottie.  She won't bite them but she can knock them on their little rumps fairly easily.

PSA- Parents, teach your yard monkeys a little common sense when it comes to animals.  Don't run at any animal screaming at the top of your lungs.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

EEO complaint!
Believe it or not, there are females on this site.

It was really more about the scenery than me BTW.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I love dogs, I will ask to pet most of them that I see in public.

I always ask the owner first before making a move at the dog, sometimes people say the dog is timid or they don't want it to be pet, no big deal.

Take your dog out though and be prepared for people to want to pet him. I deal with it with my dogs all the time, and I couldn't care less as long as they ask first, it is good for them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

EEO complaint!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

EEO complaint!

Your about as joyous as an enema. Lighten up dude!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I have two Great Danes, one is less than friendly.

The less than friendly one runs with me, I have had people follow me in cars asking if they can pet my dog.

They get angry when I fail to stop running...

The stupid should cause  spontaneous combustion in many of these folks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

You are probably one of those people that take your dog into crowds and festivals aren't you? If you don't want people to ask to pet your dog, then don't take it where people are. I can't stand it when people think that their fucking dog is superior to people, kids, etc. It's always someone else's fault when some jackasses dog bites a kid. It isn't your baby, it is your pet... a fucking animal!!! Keep it on a damn leash. Get over it and yourself!  

I have come to believe that dog fanatics are some of the most anti social, self righteous people I have ever met.
View Quote

Presumptions, project strawmen, support entitlement demands and judgements that seem to have nothing to do with the story in the OP

If someone doesnt want other people touching their pet/property they must think the pet/property is superior to humans?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I hear that, then they get upset when your dog (well mine) takes them down. I have Aussies and they are pretty much of the mentality that I am theirs, don't fuck with their stuff.

I prefer they don't get walked in neighborhoods, to many irresponsible dog owners and people. I avoid the conflict. I want to keep my house and my dawgs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even worse is when people let their dogs run loose - and their dog comes running up to my leashed dogs.  They usually laugh and say something like "oh don't mind him, he's a sweetheart"

Maybe so, but my dogs can be super protective (our Aussie/Heeler mix) or just stupid (JRT) and letting your dog charge up to us is going to start a fight.

My dog shredded another dog in town one time. He was sitting by my side talking to a customer (she wanted to see him so I let him out of the truck) and the neighbor dog strolled over and just bit him in the face without even any of that normal dog stuff that goes on.

He did not appreciate that and let him know it. I hate dogs that have no "manners".
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Same here. People love to try to grab and pet my Mal.
View Quote

It scares the shit out of me when kids run up to my GSD.  He's friendly.....once you are no longer a stranger.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a Jack Russell Terrier. I cant take him anywhere with out a gaggle of people swooning over him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#30]
My dog will bite you. He's a wiener dag, so you can imagine the people who want to stick their hands in his face. He doesn't like it.

Therefore, I keep him at home.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Both sides are correct to some degree.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread seems like you just woke up today and decided you wanted to argue with people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This thread seems like you just woke up today and decided you wanted to argue with people.
View Quote

GD is the place to do it though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Omigod...............people want to pet the pooch and it upsets you.

Then you post remarks about it mauling kids as if someone said something like that.

Kind of contradictory.

Well, okay then.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#35]
No danger of me ever petting a strange dog.

Too many bad experiences with them to ever take a chance.

Nowadays, when I see someone's unleashed large dog running loose in a public area, I'll have my hand on my CCW if the animal gets within 10 yards.

YMMV

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I pet every dog I see that appears receptive to it.  If I get bit thats my problem (I understand most think differently).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I pet every dog I see that appears receptive to it.  If I get bit thats my problem (I understand most think differently).
View Quote

Most dogs that are unleashed in public are generally just big happy attention hounds anyway.

If one runs up to me tail wagging and head bobbing I give them the sniffing hand and see if they want a pat on the head.

It isn't very common you see a regular persons dog actually maintaining some composure while off leash, both of mine will, but the lab still gets his tail wagging so hard he about tips over.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I do not let strangers pet my dog nor did I allow my kid to talk to them
I tell them no if they ask to pet my dogs...he's my dog I don't have to give an answer to anyone.
Friends come over to the house or some relatives thats another story.

I ignore other people's dogs other than to pass on by and tell them they have a nice looking dog.....treat them and theirs as I want them to treat me and mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I tell them no if they ask to pet my dogs...he's my dog I don't have to give an answer to anyone.
View Quote

You don't let your own family talk to your dog?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry, it's not ok to approach and pet someone else's dog without their permission. You don't know the dog's history. You don't know if it has thyroid issues, anxiety or other medical problems. So you (or your kid) moved wrong or otherwise freaked out an unknown dog and got bit. Now the owner is faced with putting their dog down just because you have no manners or common sense.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By LARRYGOmigod...............people want to pet the pooch and it upsets you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LARRYGOmigod...............people want to pet the pooch and it upsets you.

Yes it does, really WhoTF are you to come up to my dog without my permission?
Like I said, our dog was trained to protect my wife and I, not cater to your idea of good doggy.

Then you post remarks about it mauling kids as if someone said something like that.

Sarcasm man (hmm thought I saw that phrase earlier in the thread), it's something new, maybe I should get you a meter or something.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#42]
pics of fish
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Like I said, our dog was trained to protect my wife and I, not cater to your idea of good doggy.

Sarcasm man (hmm thought I saw that phrase earlier in the thread), it's something new, maybe I should get you a meter or something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I knew it was sarcasm but very bad sarcasm but it still contradicted your original whine.

Omigod, somebody was nice to your dog without YOUR PERMISSION!

Oh brother.

I guess you would have liked it better if all the parents had recoiled in horror as their kids got near your dogs.

At least your would be in CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn, you guys are slackin' tonight!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That's a weird looking Pit Bull...
...but it's DEFINITELY a Pit Bull.
View Quote

Yep, I just checked my CNN approved dog identification guide. Definitely a Pit Bull.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have to be honest with you buddy.  If you are taking an unleashed dog to the river that might bite people seems a bit foolish.  

edit spelling
View Quote

My first thought.

Flame on ARF
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I do my best to only approach, and pet, service dogs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#48]
You know what I like?   I like it when someone comes into GD with some issue and then they get all butthurt when someone disagrees with them. Ya know what I mean. So what do you do, count the number of replies that agree with you VS the ones that don't. Does that determine if you're right or wrong?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Omigod, somebody was nice to your dog without YOUR PERMISSION!
View Quote

See, that's the part of my thread you and several others are missing.
These people want to come over uninvited, unwelcome, and without reason to pet an animal they don't know, don't care about, and will probably never see again.
Our dog does not require you or anyone elses approval.
He's a dog, he's trained to care for us, and your need to touch him is not part of the equation.

ETA:
If your dog was on a leash at the park, would you let strangers come up and pet him?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No because once he starts talking its not easy to shut him up....he just goes on and on and on and on and on......
He wants more food....more meat....bigger bowl.....more truck rides.....wants to go in the butcher shop instead of always
having to sit in the truck.....its how he gets.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top