Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:36 PM EDT
They showed a positive insight on the nightly news. They interviews a critic with this.

Reporter:" What do you say to people who say the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun?"

Women( teacher in a school district that bans guns):" Well there are multiple ways to stop a bad guy, but if it's a good guy, I want to to be a police officer."

Lord help us. Like a uniform dictates skill. That's like saying a RN can perform neuro surgery or a supply Sergent can shoot tier 1 operator. Some cops barely shoot and only shoot for qualifications. Jeez
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They showed a positive insight on the nightly news. They interviews a critic with this.

Reporter:" What do you say to people who say the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun?"

Women( teacher in a school district that bans guns):" Well there are multiple ways to stop a bad guy, but if it's a good guy, I want to to be a police officer."

Lord help us. Like a uniform dictates skill. That's like saying a RN can perform neuro surgery or a supply Sergent can shoot tier 1 operator. Some cops barely shoot and only shoot for qualifications. Jeez
View Quote

I'm a cop.  I want my children's teachers to have a fighting chance to save them until cops can get there.  Apparently, she wants kids to get shot until the cops arrive.  That's what happened at Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
..and if the cop isn't there!!???!!!!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Our district is allowing two teachers on campus to carry.  Unfortunately you have to be ex military or ex LEO.   That excludes me.

It also excludes everyone else on campus.  At least there are a handful of coworkers that are gun owners, but none of us will be eligible.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm a cop.  I want my children's teachers to have a fighting chance to save them until cops can get there.  Apparently, she wants kids to get shot until the cops arrive.  That's what happened at Sandy Hook.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Get the fuck out of here with logic

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw this piece earlier. Overall it wasn't bad, but I did want to yell at her when she made that statement. Heck, the training those teachers go through looked pretty good to me. I'm not saying all cops aren't that familiar with that sort of situation (hostage), but I know a few in my town would certainly benefit from it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a teacher. I'd love the right to defend myself at work. Oh, and if, oh I dunno, the bad guy does the smart thing and kills the only other person in the building with a gun first, then what will all those "cops are the only ones who should have guns" people say?

Oh yeah, to ban guns. Silly me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Libtards!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The reporter deserves a kick in the nuts for not asking the obvious follow-up question: "So, you're OK with a few dozen more schoolkids getting killed while you wait for an officer to arrive?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top