Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the sentiment (and agree with most of it) but I'm snickering at the responses in this thread being all about their looks.  You know.....considering the topic.  
View Quote

this is an interesting take, and much appreciated that a woman chose to post in this thread.

I'd love to explore this further, but there will be very little serious intellectual conversation in this thread.

What it really boils down to:  Will women, and people in general, find a way to express their true feelings in the face of withering criticism from politically correct and powerful forces?

Millions of women are living lives based on the lies of the leftist/feminists, beginning 50 years ago.  Very sad for them, and for our culture.

Not every woman needs to stay at home and raise children.  The great tragedy is all the women who would've loved to do just that, but were shamed into making a different choice.

Crime rates, birth rates, tax rates, suicide rates. . . . . . . the demise of America, designed by the feminist lies, so easily accepted and only now being questioned.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My first recollection of feminism was a "Burn the Bra" rally. The women thought we were cheering for their cause; but we were cheering for the jiggley boobs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Good...

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't personally know any women who feel that way.  

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features.  I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

I've seen that attitude here in SPADES over the years.
View Quote

OATT, while I respect how you take issue with the "not guilty" thing, you do realize that we're mostly just being absurd for the sake of being absurd, right?

For the most part we aren't being serious. We're just ... well ... being dipshits.

It's fun to make sport of our own stereotypes. In this case the stereotype is that we're nothing more than little head thinkers.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

OATT, while I respect how you take issue with the "not guilty" thing, you do realize that we're mostly just being absurd for the sake of being absurd, right?

For the most part we aren't being serious. We're just ... well ... being dipshits.

It's fun to make sport of our own stereotypes. In this case the stereotype is that we're nothing more than little head thinkers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features.  I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

I know that a lot of it is in jest and I catch myself doing it too.  

Parroting a line simply as a quick and funny way to say you find someone attractive isn't offensive.

I'm speaking more of how that symbolizes very real world actions that give passes to bad behavior because someone is *cute.*  

And then we have the guys wishing death upon ugly (and/or fat) women.  I'll never forget how Gen. Petraeus' wife, who by all accounts was a wonderful woman who was very much a victim in that whole affair scandal, was denigrated here and there were numerous posts saying the man shouldn't be blamed for his affair because his wife was ugly.  

And you have the guys who post about their wives' piss-poor behavior and if there's an attractive pic posted, lots of, "You're clearly in the wrong.  Let her do whatever she wants" gets tossed around.  

I really don't want to turn a fairly light-hearted thread into this (sorry, wingnutx!).  I'm all for appreciating beauty and it's true that we like what we like.  I just dislike that virtually anything a girl does is A-OK as long as she's pretty and virtually nothing at all is good enough if she's not.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Obviously one feminist is worth 2or 3 antifeminists...by weight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Parroting a line simply as a quick and funny way to say you find someone attractive isn't offensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, and a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek and this is a male-dominated forum, and why would we fight that? Sometimes women do the same thing . . . it's harmless fun!

I'm speaking more of how that symbolizes very real world actions that give passes to bad behavior because someone is *cute.*  

And then we have the guys wishing death upon ugly (and/or fat) women.  I'll never forget how Gen. Petraeus' wife, who by all accounts was a wonderful woman who was very much a victim in that whole affair scandal, was denigrated here and there were numerous posts saying the man shouldn't be blamed for his affair because his wife was ugly.  

And you have the guys who post about their wives' piss-poor behavior and if there's an attractive pic posted, lots of, "You're clearly in the wrong.  Let her do whatever she wants" gets tossed around.  

I really don't want to turn a fairly light-hearted thread into this (sorry, wingnutx!).  I'm all for appreciating beauty and it's true that we like what we like. I just dislike that virtually anything a girl does is A-OK as long as she's pretty and virtually nothing at all is good enough if she's not.

This. This is part of the problem and men don't like it either when a hottie thinks her shit doesn't stink and that she can get away with ANYTHING. Well, with this kind of mindset, you encourage her and push her to be like this.

Returning to my talented, beautiful friend who just wants to cultivate her talents . . . she could not, should not skate on her looks, and she's not wanting to do that. But there will be women who will. They'll play up their looks and get advantages that others without the looks (or the desire to exploit them) won't have. But the ugly truth is eventually revealed, because sooner or later the time will come when their actual work, skills, and accomplishments will be judged, without their looks being a factor.

It is sad to see women who used to "skate by on their looks" suddenly realize that it isn't working so well anymore (and then what will they do?). It is sad for people who are truly capable and accomplished, but are overlooked merely because they're not hot (and their area of skill or talent has nothing to do with how hot they are or are not).

IF feminism has allowed women to be judged by their merits and accomplishments, and given them a seat at the table (in areas where their looks shouldn't be a factor anyway) then I see nothing wrong with that at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
We had so many femi-nazis in SF.  Very unbalanced people.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It would be funny, if I'd said that feminists weren't fat or promiscuous.

I was denying that feminism, aside from gender feminism, was about misandry. I don't self-describe as misandrist. In fact, if you do some reasearch, you'll find I put the penis on a pedestal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course not, but what are you trying to say?

I think you know exactly what I was saying. Attempts to refute stereotypes about feminism, self describes as stereotypical feminist. It's ironic and humorous.

I was denying that feminism, aside from gender feminism, was about misandry. I don't self-describe as misandrist. In fact, if you do some reasearch, you'll find I put the penis on a pedestal.

Whoa, whoa, hold up there.  Nuh-uh.  You know how many normal Christian males have made that statement over the last 20 years of the rise of feminism as a way of describing the esteem they have for their wife as the homemaker in a traditional gender role?  You know how many Steinembots came unglued and refuted it as bullshit?

Sorry, not for thee either.  No can has pedestal argument. Not yours.  Because equality.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whoa, whoa, hold up there.  Nuh-uh.  You know how many normal Christian males have made that statement over the last 20 years of the rise of feminism as a way of describing the esteem they have for their wife as the homemaker in a traditional gender role?  You know how many Steinembots came unglued and refuted it as bullshit?

Sorry, not for thee either.  No can has pedestal argument. Not yours.  Because equality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you know exactly what I was saying. Attempts to refute stereotypes about feminism, self describes as stereotypical feminist. It's ironic and humorous.

To be fair, the only reason most of us put women on a pedestal is so we can look up their skirts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:37:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

To be fair, the only reason most of us put women on a pedestal is so we can look up their skirts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Real women!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You stole that from Steve Martin!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I also approve.

No angry vagina army needed, thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

Another anti-feminist here in support.  I've been saying for decades that N.O.W. didn't represent me - I can do that myself.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Another anti-feminist here in support.  I've been saying for decades that N.O.W. didn't represent me - I can do that myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

Off topic but there are few things in life that are sexier than a woman with a gun!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I just spit my MRE on the screen

Dudes in the tent are like WTF Sarge!!!

Quoted:
Shall I troll feminists?
http://i.imgur.com/zodM4zU.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#18]
This is GD, no common sense posting allowed

Although I would rate the pic a 7/10 since she has no knife

Free

Quoted:

"I have to take off my shirt so you'll overlook the fact that I'm retarded while you give me the attention I desperately crave."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"I have to take off my shirt so you'll overlook the fact that I'm retarded while you give me the attention I desperately crave."

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of my biggest complaints against "feminists" (however you define them) is that somehow I'm a misogynist for admiring the beautiful form of a beautiful woman. Do I like to look at hot women naked?  You're damn right I do.  Do I value them any less because they're... well... hot and naked?  Hell no.  Do I think they're any "less equal" than I am because they're hot and naked?  Again, hell no.  They have attributes that I'll never have.  They have opportunities that I'll never have.  They have abilities that I'll never have.  How could they be less than me, when they have so much more than I do?

I agree, in part, but I have seen desperation from enough women that they be admired for their form to cause me to question all parties involved in this tango.  Unfortunately, men and women (good-looking and ugly) participate in this at all points of the spectrum - from pro- to anti-.  I don't like to see anyone, male or female, who places importance only on a woman's physical features, even though I don't think it should be entirely discounted either (I think we should all try to feel healthy and attractive and be good to ourselves).  

One of my biggest complaints has been with various 'movements' where women walk around in vagina costumes.  I cringe every time, and have to announce to my fellow spectators that "I am not a walking vulva!" as part of my assertion that there's more to women than their body parts.

To me, what makes someone attractive isn't solely looks (which can help), it's values & beliefs, intellect, humor, and responsibility.  I got ALL when I got married - he's handsome, but for me what keeps us a team is values in common, respect for each other, and making each other laugh.  18 years later and he still cracks me up.  In fact, I had some sorority sisters question my attraction to certain "less attractive" guys - every time I told them the guy made me laugh.  

I'm not against this whole charade to a certain extent, because physiologically men & women need to grab each others' attention in order to couple.  I just think that ANYONE who places body parts on a pedestal for ANY reason - attention, feminist causes, whatever - is making a grave error because it perpetuates these problems.  All who do it are culpable, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Off topic but there are few things in life that are sexier than a woman with a gun!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

You talking about my zombie poster?  ETA:
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've read many of your postings and concur completely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b98befc25aa47b06e3d9efda216f257a/tumblr_n99a44Tung1syitgfo1_500.jpg

somebody needs to tell her that the victim thing is no longer feminists' to exploit, but has been usurped by other, far whinier groups of people.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#22]
I want the third one up on the left.  Gawd is she cute.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread fails without more pics.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do I look like the kind of feminist who gives a fuck what Steinembots think?

Putting women on a pedestal in order to enforce oppressive gender roles is different from putting women on a pedestal to worship them.

As long as I don't try to enforce any unwanted gender roles on the men I esteem so highly, I should be ok.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

NOW doesn't represent feminists either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

Do they know that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Shall I troll feminists?
View Quote

#XRCOwnsItAgain
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Shall I troll feminists?
View Quote

i was wondering if you where going to post some thing fun and crazy
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do they know that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like this. I approve

I also approve.

Do they know that?

Do Klansmen know they don't represent white Christians?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Do they know that?

I was thinking more of the Westboro folks...

I was just funnin' you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#32]

*sharpens knife*
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Putting women on a pedestal in order to enforce oppressive gender roles is different from putting women on a pedestal to worship them.

As long as I don't try to enforce any unwanted gender roles on the men I esteem so highly, I should be ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the family unit is perfectly happy, and someone on the outside (You) calls it 'enforcing oppressive gender roles', you're channeling the Steinembots.  Hate to burst your bubble, but if you're standing outside THEIR family unit and passing judgement, there's no way you can just throw out the same rationale without supporting it with what that means -- And being willing to accept that someone on the outside will pass the same judgement in return.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#34]
odd, women comfortable with being women are not ugly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When the family unit is perfectly happy, and someone on the outside (You) calls it 'enforcing oppressive gender roles', you're channeling the Steinembots.  Hate to burst your bubble, but if you're standing outside THEIR family unit and passing judgement, there's no way you can just throw out the same rationale without supporting it with what that means -- And being willing to accept that someone on the outside will pass the same judgement in return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where am I passing judgement on a happy family?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#36]
This thread isn't fun anymore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Everyone just needs to fuck it out.  Stop whining, stop trying to encapsulate every goddamn thing into some coloring book approximation of the real world, and mostly, stop whining.  Fuck it out.  

Hate men?  Fuck it out.  Hate women?  Fuck it out.  Hate everyone?  FUCK  IT  OUT.

Less vitriol, more stained sheets.  Everyone will be happier.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Everyone just needs to fuck it out.  Stop whining, stop trying to encapsulate every goddamn thing into some coloring book approximation of the real world, and mostly, stop whining.  Fuck it out.  

Hate men?  Fuck it out.  Hate women?  Fuck it out.  Hate everyone?  FUCK  IT  OUT.

View Quote

That's RAPE!!!

Well... if a man is involved...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
odd, women comfortable with being women are not ugly.
View Quote

I don't think that anyone would argue with that. The ugliness comes-out in those who don't seem to embrace what/who they are.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b98befc25aa47b06e3d9efda216f257a/tumblr_n99a44Tung1syitgfo1_500.jpg

somebody needs to tell her that the victim thing is no longer feminists' to exploit, but has been usurped by other, far whinier groups of people.

And a ditto to that
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Women Against Insane Feminism Union, aka WAIFU

M'ladies.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

holy shit, that was some concentrated stupidity on that site
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The problem with a movement like "feminism" is that there's no baseline for what it "really" is. In most religions (and feminism is definitely a religious movement) you just refer back to a centralized source document(s). Sure there'll be disputes about interpretations etc but plenty of bedrock agreement on basic orthodoxy. A movement like feminism has nothing comparable. It's literally like a religion where one person who claims to be a member is teaching zen Buddhism and another is teaching Hasidic Judaism and a third Wahabbist Islam, and they're all equally deserving of the title.

Also, if you want some truly hilarious reading check out radfems. This one blog is a goldmine

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34956007.jpg

holy shit, that was some concentrated stupidity on that site

Holy shit is all I got.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

See the bold.  You read traditional gender role and immediately went to oppression.  And I'm aware that I fucked the quote tree up, hard.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's RAPE!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's RAPE!!!

only if it's PIV, not if it's SODIDA
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

See the bold.  You read traditional gender role and immediately went to oppression.  And I'm aware that I fucked the quote tree up, hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I broke it down into oppressive gender roles and mutually satisfactory conditions.  That's what we're talking about, isn't it? That honoring a gender can a lovely thing when it's welcome or it can be a misogynist or misandrist sham to beat people down.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#47]
fap
fap
fap
fap
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

M'ladies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M'ladies.

Oh, honey, you have been missing out. Big time.
M'Lady
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Where are the hot women with signs that say "I don't need feminism because I love making sammiches"

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top