Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Q: How many feminists does it take to change a lighbulb?
A: That's not funny.

I hear you, but it sucks to see idiots praised for shit talking a good thing. Anti-Misandrism is peachy, but this thread plays into the Misogynist hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just amused by all manner of sign-holding " hashtag activism", especially when parodying it upsets humorless zealots, and as I mentioned before it's an excuse to post pictures of attractive women.

This is a parody of the thousands of "I need feminism because X" posts which are uniformly pretty silly.

I hear you, but it sucks to see idiots praised for shit talking a good thing. Anti-Misandrism is peachy, but this thread plays into the Misogynist hand.

Although I posted the racy picture before, I somewhat agree with you. All in all, we are a predominantly male forum, in which we talk about women, whether they are holding signs or not. I am sure the same would happen the other way around.

The great thing about exploiting it just proves that signs do nothing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#2]

This thread has made me laugh a few times and therefore, it is currently my favorite thread.

Please continue.  

....army of angry vaginas.....lulz.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The problem modern feminism has, is that many of its adherents outwardly seem that they want to BE men.

Naturally, normal women are not interested in being a man, nor shouldering men's responsibilities.

The movement will gradually die a withering death, left to be tended only by the most self-loathing of the female gender.
View Quote

I totally agree with this. Militant feminists want to "out-men" the men. How lame (and WEIRD!!!) is that??? Why not embrace your FEMININITY if you're seeming focus in life seems to be all about your damn gender identity???  I actually have more respect for women who've recognized and used the tools they were given to get whatever they wanted than someone in my face demanding my respect. Seriously... for all of the slagging that pinups, models, etc have taken for being brain-dead... which group is really more brain-dead and which group of women got more of what they wanted out of life? I'm supposed to join the chorus of the feminista in saying that women shouldn't have to use their physical appearance to get things that they want. But that's NOT reality. We ALL have to use the tools we are given to achieve success in life. For some it's looks. For others, it's brains. For the fortunate (and hard-working), it's looks AND brains (male or female). Human beings have certain traits that attract other humans, or repulse them. The minute someone gets in my face and demands that I respect them simply because they're "speshul"... my instinctual inclination is NOT one of respect.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The problem with a movement like "feminism" is that there's no baseline for what it "really" is. In most religions (and feminism is definitely a religious movement) you just refer back to a centralized source document(s). Sure there'll be disputes about interpretations etc but plenty of bedrock agreement on basic orthodoxy. A movement like feminism has nothing comparable. It's literally like a religion where one person who claims to be a member is teaching zen Buddhism and another is teaching Hasidic Judaism and a third Wahabbist Islam, and they're all equally deserving of the title.

Also, if you want some truly hilarious reading check out radfems. This one blog is a goldmine

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34956007.jpg
View Quote

So is it undefinable or definitely a religion?

OK, that's my last one. White knighting gender-equality is hungry work and I need to leave my command center for more cheetos.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I will never understand why people get upset about sexual dimorphism.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The problem with a movement like "feminism" is that there's no baseline for what it "really" is. In most religions (and feminism is definitely a religious movement) you just refer back to a centralized source document(s). Sure there'll be disputes about interpretations etc but plenty of bedrock agreement on basic orthodoxy. A movement like feminism has nothing comparable. It's literally like a religion where one person who claims to be a member is teaching zen Buddhism and another is teaching Hasidic Judaism and a third Wahabbist Islam, and they're all equally deserving of the title.

Also, if you want some truly hilarious reading check out radfems. This one blog is a goldmine

View Quote

holy shit, that was some concentrated stupidity on that site
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just amused by all manner of sign-holding " hashtag activism", especially when parodying it upsets humorless zealots, and as I mentioned before it's an excuse to post pictures of attractive women.

This is a parody of the thousands of "I need feminism because X" posts which are uniformly pretty silly.

I disagree. This thread plays to people who are sick of all of the so-called "equality" being forced on a would-be FREE society these days. It stopped being about equality long ago. It's now more about sameness, or conversely, special treatment than it is a true equality amongst the races, sexes, etc. How 'bout we just live in the equal-opportunity utopia that the left has claimed to dream-of for so long? Can't. Because they've been lying about what they really wanted all along.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think you know exactly what I was saying. Attempts to refute stereotypes about feminism, self describes as stereotypical feminist. It's ironic and humorous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course not, but what are you trying to say?

I think you know exactly what I was saying. Attempts to refute stereotypes about feminism, self describes as stereotypical feminist. It's ironic and humorous.

You do know it's all in good humor, right? Snow is tiny and beautiful and can probably outshoot 90% of this forum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Modern Feminism is about as anti-female as you can get.  They want to discard all that makes them women and be treated like a man.
View Quote

Yup. Cliff's Notes version of what I posted. They appear to loathe that which they claim to champion.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You do know it's all in good humor, right? Snow is tiny and beautiful and can probably outshoot 90% of this forum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's how she fights the patriarchy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be funny, if I'd said that feminists weren't fat or promiscuous.

I was denying that feminism, aside from gender feminism, was about misandry. I don't self-describe as misandrist. In fact, if you do some reasearch, you'll find I put the penis on a pedestal.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK, that's my last one. White knighting gender-equality is hungry work and I need to leave my command center for more cheetos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never said it was undefinable, I said there was no "one true definitive version." It's religious movement, but one without a central orthodoxy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm just amused by all manner of sign-holding " hashtag activism" ...

View Quote

Clearly.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shall I troll feminists?
http://i.imgur.com/zodM4zU.jpg
View Quote

Could you redo it on a blank white piece of paper?  it will make it easier and the end result will look better.  thanks
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Shall I troll feminists?

View Quote
Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can she write her name in the snow?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know anything about her, and it wasn't intended as a personal attack. It's just a funny juxtaposition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I disagree. This thread plays to people who are sick of all of the so-called "equality" being forced on a would-be FREE society these days. It stopped being about equality long ago. It's now more about sameness, or conversely, special treatment than it is a true equality amongst the races, sexes, etc. How 'bout we just live in the equal-opportunity utopia that the left has claimed to dream-of for so long? Can't. Because they've been lying about what they really wanted all along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let them change the definition of equality. Equality is a good thing. Whiny misandrists and black racists don't get to steal equality from us just because they're louder than we are.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I will never understand why people get upset about sexual dimorphism.
View Quote

Me either.

I like midgets.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Never said it was undefinable, I said there was no "one true definitive version." It's religious movement, but one without a central orthodoxy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a religious movement any more than any other philosophical or political ideology.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't know anything about her, and it wasn't intended as a personal attack. It's just a funny juxtaposition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XCR is just being nice. That's me in my avatar.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's not a religious movement any more than any other philosophical or political ideology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

like most civil rights causes, it was a good thing that was hi-jacked by the authoritarian left. it has been ruined by them like everything else they control
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was denying that feminism, aside from gender feminism, was about misandry. I don't self-describe as misandrist. In fact, if you do some reasearch, you'll find I put the penis on a pedestal.

View Quote

Hopefully not "Lorena Bobbit" style...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wingnut, it's kind of like saying you don't like Skinheads because racism is wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#25]
One of my biggest complaints against "feminists" (however you define them) is that somehow I'm a misogynist for admiring the beautiful form of a beautiful woman.  Do I like to look at hot women naked?  You're damn right I do.  Do I value them any less because they're... well... hot and naked?  Hell no.  Do I think they're any "less equal" than I am because they're hot and naked?  Again, hell no.  They have attributes that I'll never have.  They have opportunities that I'll never have.  They have abilities that I'll never have.  How could they be less than me, when they have so much more than I do?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of my biggest complaints against "feminists" (however you define them) is that somehow I'm a misogynist for admiring the beautiful form of a beautiful woman. Do I like to look at hot women naked?  You're damn right I do.  Do I value them any less because they're... well... hot and naked?  Hell no.  Do I think they're any "less equal" than I am because they're hot and naked?  Again, hell no.  They have attributes that I'll never have.  They have opportunities that I'll never have.  They have abilities that I'll never have.  How could they be less than me, when they have so much more than I do?
View Quote

I don't personally know any women who feel that way.  

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features.  I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

I've seen that attitude here in SPADES over the years.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features. I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of my biggest complaints against "feminists" (however you define them) is that somehow I'm a misogynist for admiring the beautiful form of a beautiful woman. Do I like to look at hot women naked?  You're damn right I do.  Do I value them any less because they're... well... hot and naked?  Hell no.  Do I think they're any "less equal" than I am because they're hot and naked?  Again, hell no.  They have attributes that I'll never have.  They have opportunities that I'll never have.  They have abilities that I'll never have.  How could they be less than me, when they have so much more than I do?

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features. I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

I TOTALLY agree with that. An evil bitch is still an evil bitch. My initial attraction to a female is always rooted in that "wow factor" for my own personal tastes. But no matter how much the "wow"... if I discover that she's ugly inside... she's ugly to me. My wife is beautiful to me, inside and out. I wouldn't trade her for the most physically beautiful woman on earth. Beauty really IS much deeper than skin. But I'm a guy... so it's the skin that catches my attention first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Look

Either post pictures or get your asses back in the kitchen.  Too much talking going on in this thread.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Clearly.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsiz0cMiAQ1r25y9yo1_500.jpg

WTF is this?  You need a timeout.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Could you redo it on a blank white piece of paper?  it will make it easier and the end result will look better.  thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shall I troll feminists?

don't do it.  he's going to shop it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strictly in the Lady Neckbeard style, m'lord.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wingnut, it's kind of like saying you don't like Skinheads because racism is wrong.

There's another one! That's two of you now! If 23 more of your friends show up there could be a football riot!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clearly.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You horde penises (penii?) from Walmart in the hopes of selling them for a huge markup on Armslist?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You horde penises (penii?) from Walmart in the hopes of selling them for a huge markup on Armslist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not a bad idea! But I just meant in the general, original meaning of neckbeard, before Arfcom redefined it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clearly.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I do know a few (myself included) who take issue with the idea that a woman's only worth is tied up in her physical features.  I think it's bad juju to vote *not guilty* when an attractive woman makes shitty choices as well as bad juju to allow the fact that a woman is ugly to override any good, worthwhile things she's done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen sister!

That's in part what the quote from Rush Limbaugh (about feminism being about giving unattractive women access to mainstream society) is about, but he was trying to be snarky about it. (FYI, I love Rush, but man is he a douche sometimes! )

There's nothing wrong with a plain but otherwise competent woman being "allowed" to get a job in a field that she is qualified. There's nothing wrong with a plain but otherwise smart and worthwhile woman being treated like she has value and worth. It benefits all women, in fact.

A friend of mine is young, petite, and very beautiful. She has goals and plans for her life, and talents that she's working on developing. She's always "warned" by people, "Your looks won't last forever" as if she is wasting her life. They won't take her dreams seriously. (They think she should settle down with a man who will "take care of her.")

Others (including me) take her dreams seriously and want her to succeed. We're trying to help her as best we can. Not once, in any way, would we allow her to "skate on her looks." It has no bearing in what she's trying to do. She doesn't want to "skate on her looks" either. But to others, that is ALL she is—her looks. She gets so frustrated.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Amen sister!

That's in part what the quote from Rush Limbaugh (about feminism being about giving unattractive women access to mainstream society) is about, but he was trying to be snarky about it. (FYI, I love Rush, but man is he a douche sometimes! )

There's nothing wrong with a plain but otherwise competent woman being "allowed" to get a job in a field that she is qualified. There's nothing wrong with a plain but otherwise smart and worthwhile woman being treated like she has value and worth. It benefits all women, in fact.

A friend of mine is young, petite, and very beautiful. She has goals and plans for her life, and talents that she's working on developing. She's always "warned" by people, "Your looks won't last forever" as if she is wasting her life. They won't take her dreams seriously. (They think she should settle down with a man who will "take care of her.")

Others (including me) take her dreams seriously and want her to succeed. We're trying to help her as best we can. Not once, in any way, would we allow her to "skate on her looks." It has no bearing in what she's trying to do. She doesn't want to "skate on her looks" either. But to others, that is ALL she is—her looks. She gets so frustrated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen sister!

And the rub of it all is when she IS successful, nobody will attribute it to her brains, talent and hard work.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And the rub of it all is when she IS successful, nobody will attribute it to her brains, talent and hard work.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, can't win for losing!

In a way, that's where some anonymity can be good. If you have a talent that can be appreciated without everyone seeing YOU (writing, for example), you can get ahead by your merits alone. The public doesn't need to know what you look like, male or female, young or old. Then you know it's your abilities, and not someone's prejudice (for or against) your looks that is coloring their reaction to your work. That's a good thing to know, early in.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Dam straight you don't!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Good for them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like this. I approve
View Quote

Surely you don't approve of their spelling/punctuation?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Also, if you want some truly hilarious reading check out radfems.
This one blog is a goldmine

View Quote

Making a group who have somewhat similar interests culpable for the idiocy of a few outliers is pretty poor reasoning.

Yes, the outliers are batshit crazy.  They don't speak for anyone but themself.  Responding to the arbitrary group as if they all shared the batshit point of view is ludicrous.  

You may as well say that Ted Nugent speaks for anyone who owns a gun.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Making a group who have somewhat similar interests culpable for the idiocy of a few outliers is pretty poor reasoning.

Yes, the outliers are batshit crazy.  They don't speak for anyone but themself.  Responding to the arbitrary group as if they all shared the batshit point of view is ludicrous.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, if you want some truly hilarious reading check out radfems.
This one blog is a goldmine

I brought up the radfems as a distinct separate group apart from the first paragraph about feminism.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#46]
And what do all of those lovely young women have in common?

Superficially at least, they don't look like man-hating cave trolls - so you won't get an eye poked out from the huge chip on their shoulders. I would venture to guess that they are every bit as attractive on the inside. Consequently, they don't need feminism to get ahead in life - they can achieve their goals based on the content of their character, instead of playing the victim card and using their status as a bludgeon on society.

Not a huge Limbaugh fan as of late, but he hit this one out of the park:

“Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society.”

Yeah, I'm being pretty superficial myself - but stereotypes do frequently exist for a reason.

ETA:
Quoted:
I interpret that as they do anal.
View Quote

I interpret your post and remember my first beer, and I wonder what the fuck could be wrong with you

ETAA:

Indeed.

That about sums it up
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow, those are some fantastic women!  I thought I might have married the last good women on earth, but there are apparently more out there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Proves Rush Limbaugh's Undeniable Truth of Life:  Feminism is a means for unattractive women to gain access to the mainstream.  Didn't work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

Rush

View Quote

Oops.  Just saw this.  Ima Rush-doop
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Note, all those ladies are very pleasant to look at and seem to have a very positive attitude and dare I say it, happy.

We can't have that, the heterocage must be smashed.....
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top