Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 1:29:39 PM EDT
Tomorrow is my 30th wedding anniversary. It sort of snuck up on me. I need to figure out something to do or buy (with limited funds) between the time I leave the house tomorrow at 10 and the time I get back at 5 or 6. Your suggestions are solicited.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
how much $?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You are welcome

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
3rd post nails it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops

Kind of broad question.  I guess I'd say you can never go wrong with flowers.  Lots of flowers.  Find a florist in your area and place an order for 30 Red roses (or another color if you wife prefers).  That's a start.

ETA: What are your wife's interests?  What's the budget?  Is there a particular luxury she's always wanted but felt it was too much of a splurge?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3rd post nails it.
View Quote

pretty sure you had it right the first time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
how much $?
View Quote

Maybe $200
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I waited thirty four years to get myself one of these. Its the best thing in the world. Every morning is like Christmas morning when you have one of these to greet you.

eta:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted: how much $?
View Quote
 Maybe $200
View Quote

Nevermind. Dogs cost a freaking fortune.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Look around for local deals on hotels, especially if they're in another town.  Get a cheap last-minute or out-of-season room, go spend the night.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife had a good suggestion but I'm only here for the comedy responses.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
30th aniversary, according to hallmark, says it is pearls.

Go and get her some earings or a necklace.
You are welcome.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tomorrow is my 30th wedding anniversary. It sort of snuck up on me. I need to figure out something to do or buy (with limited funds) between the time I leave the house tomorrow at 10 and the time I get back at 5 or 6. Your suggestions are solicited.
View Quote

How the fuck did you let that happen!

Never mind that now, fuck it.

Start here

Bottom line?  You need to seriously re-think about your current estimate by about 10X.

30th anniversary!  $200.  Does this in any way make any sense???!!!  30 YEARS!!!

Wake Up!  If she spent 30 years with you....  

ETA:  No offense to you, of course.

But 30 years.  You really, really need to think on this.  Don't underestimate this.  

Good luck!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Start here

Bottom line?  You need to seriously re-think about your current estimate by about 10X.

30th anniversary!  $200.  Does this in any way make any sense???!!!  30 YEARS!!!

But 30 years.  You really, really need to think on this.  Don't underestimate this.  

Good luck!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start here

Good luck!

A good woman understands the state of the family finances. It's not like she got him a bass boat or anything, probably. I think the dinner and hotel combo is very nice. I'd be happy with that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Roses, chocolates, champagne and a card.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I also vote for dinner and a night in a motel.  Doesn't break the bank and you get motel sex.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#15]

What is she like? What does she enjoy? Some women like roses, some women like hard to find 1st edition books...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Clothes iron, a fancy one that plugs in and makes its own steam.

A new vacuum.

Workout tapes or a diet book.

You know, the old standards.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A new vacuum.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A new vacuum.

View Quote

Out of budget, but...

10 or so years ago, my BIL got his wife an ironing board for Xmas.  It was the only gift from him to her.  The board was well wrapped, but still very obviously an ironing board.  She was livid until she found the cruise tickets taped underneath.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#19]
One minute of sex for every year you have been married.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
You might as well just go ahead and buy your burial plot, tombstone, and coffin.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]
With that budget, I'd get a snorkel.  Think it through and your gift will NOT be an issue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oops

Kind of broad question.  I guess I'd say you can never go wrong with flowers.  Lots of flowers.  Find a florist in your area and place an order for 30 Red roses (or another color if you wife prefers).  That's a start.

ETA: What are your wife's interests?  What's the budget?  Is there a particular luxury she's always wanted but felt it was too much of a splurge?
View Quote

My wife hates flowers. They scream, "I didn't plan!"

Of course, that could be because I get them for her when I don't plan.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

A bus ticket the hell out of town or you're a dead man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top