User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Extorris... I'm insulted. He went... voluntarily.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumbest thing I personally ever did on a call, was on the cops. Radio run for an EDP. (Emotionally disturbed person.) Family tell us he's off his meds, and he's in the back bedroom.

I go moseying down the hall, thinking about how I'm gonna convince EMS he's a voluntary, because I don't want to have to sit on him at at the hospital.

I walk into the bedroom, "Hey, Mr... eep." Sitting at the foot of the bed is a very large, stark naked black dude... holding a fucking butcher knife as long as my forearm. Doh!

Backed out of the room so fast, my partner walked into me. Now we're in the hall, guns drawn, kind of peeking around the door frame.

"Mr. So-and-So, any reason you got that knife?"

"KKK's outside the window." (Oh shit.)

"Well, we're here now, and we got guns. If you put the knife down, I could chase them off for you."

"Okay." Throws the knife on the floor. <Whew>

Know how they say "Complacency Kills"? They ain't lying.

(After checking outside the window, I determined that the KKK had, in fact, fled the scene, prior to our arrival.)

So which poor rookie got stuck sitting on him at Woodhull?

Extorris... I'm insulted. He went... voluntarily.

Always loved the looks on the EMS guy's faces with those.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A large portion of FF/EMS work involves shockingly overweight people stuck in/on/under furniture.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Improperly maintained gas pump at the gas station next door to our fire department. A woman does a drive off with the nozzle of the hose in the car. Break off valve fails. Emergency cut off fails. Floods the parking lot with gas. Had to cut off power at the breaker panel in the back of the store for the pump.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Woodhull, Brookdale, or Coney Island?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worked EMS in Brooklyn for four years....

Call for a "stuck condom." Upon arrival an obese woman met us outside her building. Told us her and her boyfriend were going at it when the condom came off and she couldn't get it out. She said she was "reaching up in there" and her fingernails were "cutting" her. She asked me if I would try. I declined, ushered her into the ambulance and drove her two blocks to the hospital.

Woodhull, Brookdale, or Coney Island?

Damn close. Caledonian Hospital and they called from Woodruff and Ocean Av.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#5]
previous thread

Another thread exists, but this one has new material, keep it going.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Girl drinks shroom tea, and calls 911 saying she's trapped in her bathroom and dying. She forgot how to use a door knob. Her roommates and friends with all the dope having a party in the living room were not impressed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Working Security for a major metropolitan Hospital, I got a call once about a green car driving at a high rate of speed in the parking lot. The hospital I worked at had parking for thousands surrounding the building, no mention of direction, which parking lot, just a green car. I told the Nurse who apparently received the complaint form a female patient, "i will get right on that, and continued with what I was doing prior to the call." I mean seriously what do the want me to do with so little information? No make, model, 2dr, 4dr, plate nothing, no direction of travel, or location of incident, and in my experience high rate of speed is very subjective, to  people I mean a person could be going 10 mph and if they drive right past you it seems very fast.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Girl claimed rape so she wouldn't get in trouble for not coming home by her curfew time. She even went through the whole rape victim procedure at the hospital. How much money and time do you think was wasted for the investigation?
View Quote

I sincerely hope she was charged with false reporting.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Girl claimed rape so she wouldn't get in trouble for not coming home by her curfew time. She even went through the whole rape victim procedure at the hospital. How much money and time do you think was wasted for the investigation?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Many years ago........ 2am, 10 degrees outside, 4th thirteen hour shift (our Friday), 50'ish y/o welfare abuser. Smokes 2 packs a day, drinks all day, can't understand why she doesn't feel good. Has every coach potato disease known to man, CHF, COPD, diabetes..... Blah, blah, blah....

Me: Ma'am, why did you call 911?

Women: I called because my toes are green.

Me: Can we see your toes ma'am? (Might be diabetic neuropathy and it's pretty cold out)

Women: No, just take me to the hospital.

My partner: Look, we're not just gonna run down to the ER for some bullshit, now take your damn slippers off!

Women: Fine, (she throws her lighter across the room)

She takes off her slippers, and her toes are absolutely fine.

Women: Now take me to the goddamn hospital!

Me: For what? Your toes are fine, there is nothing wrong with them, they look normal flesh color to me.

Women: My fucking neighbor told me at dinner that my toes looked green!  

My partner: When was fucking dinner? Why the fuck didn't you call then?

Me: No fucking way you need the ER lady! You need your eyes checked if think your toes are green!

Women: I can't see them, I'm half blind you assholes!

My partner: Then why the fuck are we here? Because your neighbor told you 8 hours ago that your toes looked green?

Women: Yes, now take me to the ER!

My partner: Ok, let's go dipshit!

If they wanted to go, we had to take them, no exceptions. That's one of almost 40,000 EMS calls I ran in my 18 years on a rig. Shit like this was very common, especially after midnight.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Lady thought she smelled smoke , turns out it was a skunk at 3 in the morning
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I have WAAAAAAY too many and would take a dedicated, tacked thread.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A large portion of FF/EMS work involves shockingly overweight people stuck in/on/under furniture.
View Quote

it never fails that when someone falls in the bathroom they get wedged between the shitter in the wall
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've covered just about all the BS here.

However when I was new and working in Colorado we would post in the park and I would buy day old loafs of bread from the store to feed the ducks and squirrels. One day the medic I was working with at the time took a few pieces of bread and spritzed them with nitro spray. Threw them out into the grass and within minutes there were close to 30 passed out Canadian geese on the bike path. They woke up about a minute later stumbling around and quacking excessively. I worked with some sick fucking people.
View Quote

I need to remember that one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#16]
As a recently minted corrections officer.

Most of the issues we deal with are dumb.

When people say CO's wear a lot of hats, the hat that gets worn the most seems to be the "mommy and daddy" hat.

"I have a stomach ache."

"I want a bottom bunk."

"I'm not eating this, there's carrots in it!"

etc, etc...

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had two prostitutes call because the John was trying to "muscle fuck" them.  The DA wouldn't take any charges so I negotiated at partial refund for the guy. She made change by pulling a rubber full of money out of her snatch and counting out half the original payment.
View Quote

What is muscle fucking I'm afraid to google it?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had two prostitutes call because the John was trying to "muscle fuck" them.  The DA wouldn't take any charges so I negotiated at partial refund for the guy. She made change by pulling a rubber full of money out of her snatch and counting out half the original payment.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As a recently minted corrections officer.

Most of the issues we deal with are dumb.

When people say CO's wear a lot of hats, the hat that gets worn the most seems to be the "mommy and daddy" hat.

"I have a stomach ache."

"I want a bottom bunk."

"I'm not eating this, there's carrots in it!"

etc, etc...

View Quote

I used to love our version of "domestics."  When cellmates go bad, one of them would often consult us on what course should be taken. I would get them together, in either the cell or the office, and try to discern if it was going to become violent. If yes, they get sent to the Lieutenant for movement to AD/SEG. If it was just the usual bitching, I would ask them what they thought prison was going to be like? Guess what? Y'all are gonna become new best friends! Then I would tell them that if one of them came down with so much as a skin rash, they would both be locked up, and probably shipped thousands of miles away. That usually solved the problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I used to love our version of "domestics."  When cellmates go bad, one of them would often consult us on what course should be taken. I would get them together, in either the cell or the office, and try to discern if it was going to become violent. If yes, they get sent to the Lieutenant for movement to AD/SEG. If it was just the usual bitching, I would ask them what they thought prison was going to be like? Guess what? Y'all are gonna become new best friends! Then I would tell them that if one of them came down with so much as a skin rash, they would both be locked up, and probably shipped thousands of miles away. That usually solved the problem.

View Quote

The stupid amounts of posturing and ego inflating is something to behold.

Commissary day is fun, AKA the day where debts get paid off. (or at least, attempted to be.)
Heaven help someone if they come up short a honey bun.
Corrections is a lot like being a human zookeeper.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I got called to a bird in a tree once.  I shit you not...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

it never fails that when someone falls in the bathroom they get wedged between the shitter in the wall
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had a semi famous person stroke out and die in that position last year
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#23]
We frequently had people from the outskirts of town call an ambo for chest pain. Get them to the hospital and they walk off. Free ride to town to get groceries and what not. BIA picked up the 300$ tab.

Not real funny but we had someone get pinned to their house by a gas powered push mulcher that got stuck in reverse. Stuck the older person right In the neck and suffocated them, damn thing was still running when we got there,he had been there, dead, for about an hour on a busy residential street before anyone called it in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
First day on the job, still in plain clothes.  My FTO and I were driving down the main street, and saw a goat walking down the middle of the road.  We caught up to the goat in the Dunkin' Donut parking lot, and a passerby told us who the owner was.  We brought the goat back to the person's house and knocked on the door (shitty little slum house).  Woman thanked us for bringing her goat back, put a rope around it's neck, and brought it into the house  Now I can literally say that I've had a goat rope in the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot.  The joys of working in a small town.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]
In the city where I first worked as a police officer, there was a city ordinance against people playing ball in the street.  There was also an apartment building in town that was an assisted living deal for elderly folks.

Caller (from the above mentioned apartment building):  "There's kids out here playing ball!"

Me:  "Ok ma'am, where are the kids playing ball?"

Caller: "THEY'RE IN THE PARK!" (There's a park across the street from the apartment building)

Me: ....

Me: "Ma'am, they're supposed to play ball in the park..."

Caller:  "Well what if they hit a ball and it goes out of the park and breaks a window!?"

Me:  "If that happens, we'll deal with it then."

Caller:  "BAH!"  *hangs up*

-----------------------------------------------------

My very favorite was when the Cincinnati Reds were in the playoffs years ago (early 90s or so).  The game was at Riverfront Stadium.  The Goodyear Blimp was doing it's thing, covering the game.  The call went like...

Caller:  "I'm sorry to bother you **insert long story about how they work for a living and have to get up early blahblahblah**"

Me:  "I understand, how can I help you?"

Caller:  "Well, can you radio up to that blimp and ask them to turn it down?"

Me: "Turn it down?"

Caller:  "Yes, can you radio the blimp and have them turn those engines down, they're so loud I can hear them and I can't get any sleep!"

Me: .........

Me:  "Ma'am, a couple of things - 1) An internal combustion engine doesn't have a volume control.  2) I don't have any way to 'radio the blimp'. 3) Even if I did have a way to 'radio the blimp'... well, we're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry.  They don't care if you have to get up early, so no - they wouldn't 'turn it down' even if they could".

Caller: *hangs up*

--------------------

Yes, people are that stupid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I had a female co-worker get a call for 12 year old girl that was constipated an had a turd get stuck earlier this month.  Little girl's mother wanted my co-worker to stick her finger into the little girls butt and pull the turd out.  

My co-worker refused,  and gave mom a glove, so mom tried.  Then my co-worker assisted the little girl to her mom's car after mom failed at "Operation Poop Retrieval" so she could be driven to the hospital for an enema and I assume an evaluation by psychologists for the long term damage done by letting mom finger up her rectum in front of a horrified stranger.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Went on a gas leak. Get get there and the structure didn't even have gas hook up. But there was definitely a nasty smell. After 45 mins I found a rotten roast in the oven. Apparently the wife tried to prove to her husband she could cook and forgot about it from several days ago.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I was lookin through my Photobucket account tonight and found this pic.
Not really a dumb call, but a funny prank my partner got me with. I went to the bathroom, nothing in the hall, when I came out this!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top