Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I waiting for the day when insurance carriers treat queers like they treat smokers, the over weight, etc.

Increased risks and all that...

I'll bet obamacare addresses that...
View Quote

Can we treat straight white males with access to guns as being more likely to be spree killers? Increased risks and all that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You're smarter than this, dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who advocates to increase the risk of HIV into the blood supply is a complete and utter moron.

I don't think asking people questions has any effect one way or the other.  But whatever, I don't have a problem with closing the gay dude loophole or whatever you want to call it.  

While we're at it, we might want to start asking people who buy guns if they're planning to shoot up a school.  

I'm smart enough to know that asking questions doesn't put viruses in or keep viruses out of blood.  If you want the ban the gays from giving blood I'm fine with it, but testing the blood is the only thing that's going to really do anything.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Statistically speaking it drastically increases the chances for a disease to slip by. Math is a bigot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is blood from gay people untestable for diseases or are you all afraid of transferring the gay?
Statistically speaking it drastically increases the chances for a disease to slip by. Math is a bigot.

Especially when you consider the quantity that has to be tested, the funds available to test, and the hungover college interns worried about their next exam administering the tests.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I waiting for the day when insurance carriers treat queers like they treat smokers, the over weight, etc.

View Quote

What about queers that dont engage in sex with other queers? Do they get a break under your grand plan?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm smart enough to know that asking questions doesn't put viruses in or keep viruses out of blood.  If you want the ban the gays from giving blood I'm fine with it, but testing the blood is the only thing that's going to really do anything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who advocates to increase the risk of HIV into the blood supply is a complete and utter moron.

I don't think asking people questions has any effect one way or the other.  But whatever, I don't have a problem with closing the gay dude loophole or whatever you want to call it.  

While we're at it, we might want to start asking people who buy guns if they're planning to shoot up a school.  

No, no, no. It's just like guns. If we ban them, all guns will just go away. The world will then all hold hands and sing hallelujah.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What about queers that dont engage in sex with other queers? Do they get a break under your grand plan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or junkies who use sterile needles?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I know I'll go against the grain. I don't want blood from someone I personally don't know. The one time I needed it family members went in and donated it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
it's math, bitch
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's funny because black people also have higher rates of HIV, yet nobody says a word (unless they can talk about "ghetto"/hoodrats,etc.)

Of course, for many here it's more about demonizing people than anything else.

Man who has protected oral sex with partner in 1977 ..... forever banned.
Woman who has unprotected sex with multiple partners and no knowledge of any of their statuses...... welcome to the blood pool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's funny because black people also have higher rates of HIV, yet nobody says a word (unless they can talk about "ghetto"/hoodrats,etc.)

Of course, for many here it's more about demonizing people than anything else.

Man who has protected oral sex with partner in 1977 ..... forever banned.
Woman who has unprotected sex with multiple partners and no knowledge of any of their statuses...... welcome to the blood pool.

It's about probabilities.  In blackjack if the dealer has an ace up and you have 16 you hit, because it has the best probability of winning compared to standing.  That doesn't mean you win every time, it means over time, you will have a better outcome.  Blood donation rules are designed to give the overall best outcome over time.  They don't mean that every guy who's had sex with another guy has AIDS or that every hetero woman is clean.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also, you guys know that anal sex with a woman disqualifies you from donating blood, right?

Ask me how I know that.
View Quote

Because the "woman" had a penis?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, you guys know that anal sex with a woman disqualifies you from donating blood, right?

Ask me how I know that.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.

I rost.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can we treat straight white males with access to guns as being more likely to be spree killers? Increased risks and all that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because that would be baseless and idiotic fear mongering, whereas recognizing the risk represented to the blood supply by allowing homosexuals to donate is medically prudent.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I can see where making noise like this with petitions and people bitching about petitions is just the kind of perceived bigotry that gets the militant bug chaser types and their ilk fired up to go lie about their condition to donate blood to "stick it to them."
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm just saying - nobody at a Red Cross is going to know if you're "out and proud", unless you walk in and immediately start cutting hair and redecorating the place.

Ergo, I kind of hope they're testing the blood, instead of taking a donor's word for it.
View Quote

Testing sounds like a good idea, but why not ask and exclude certain groups as well?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#18]
NO, I'm good with the ban in place.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The idea is people who donate tend to be honest and honorable.  There is no reason to want to donate so badly you would lie during the screening questions.  Hopefully.
View Quote

I'm sure there are a few freaks who just like to share.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:17:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.

I walked right into that one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Fucking absurd.

I don't care where my blood comes when I need it.

Alll donations are tested to the max these days.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.
View Quote

That's not listed anywhere on the Red Cross website, and I have never been asked that question before donating blood.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If it was a matter of life or death, would you still not take it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why can't they mark that blood?  I would not want it.  

If it was a matter of life or death, would you still not take it?

Or we just maintain the current measures that help us to avoid such a stupid scenario.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So not only do Gays all have AIDS, but they are also diabolical liars who are intent on giving it to us ALL!

There ought to be a law....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.
View Quote

Well I guess I can never be guilt tripped into going and tempted with Oreos.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Put their donated blood in jars marked "Gay Blood - for Gays Only".

View Quote

Seems like a good compromise.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OH SNAP! You got da AIDS...for the sake of political correctness. Enjoy!

View Quote

#equality

So you want those choosing risky medical behaviors to have higher health risks than everyone else? #racist
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Wouldn't a ban lift like this increase aids risk? I mean gays can do what they want, but if they are causing life threatening diseases due to their " fairness" it's bullshit. Hell I don't want to get aids. I don't know that much medically and that's wha I've heard
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's not listed anywhere on the Red Cross website, and I have never been asked that question before donating blood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.

Really? I have. :/

I was told that it increased the chance that I had contracted HIV/AIDS.

(Even though I've tested clean for HIV/AIDS several times.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Anyone seen recent data on infectious diseases in gay men?

I know that a lot of them are really complete whores (?) who think nothing of pulling a train on a Saturday night.

AIDS testing has got better but Hep C, Syphilis and God knows what else are out there, contaminated blood does not mean HIV only.

View Quote

http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

There are other diseases besides HIV for which gay men are at increased risk which can be transmitted by blood and blood products.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

All higher risk populations should be banned.
View Quote

It's been a while since I donated, but they have all sorts of questions regarding sexual habits and drug use and travel history which are intended to weed out the high risk populations.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank GOD, I can now share the bloody battlefield with such potential sacks of deadly disease.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

lol

But inkies ARE allowed to donate blood?  
View Quote

If they have Hep B or Hep C, no.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The fact that it took some sort of explanation for you to agree that people who are super high risk for carrying an incurable blood transferred virus shouldn't be allowed to donate blood is pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Yeah, between JW_777 and TBK1 taking the time to explain it, I get the rationale now.

The fact that it took some sort of explanation for you to agree that people who are super high risk for carrying an incurable blood transferred virus shouldn't be allowed to donate blood is pathetic.

People who listen to facts and then change their misguided opinions are better than those who listen to facts and ignore them.  I don't see that as a character flaw; rather quite the opposite.

Might want to tone down your high and mighty attitude.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thank GOD, I can now share the bloody battlefield with such potential sacks of deadly disease.
View Quote

#Equality.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

People who listen to facts and then change their misguided opinions are better than those who listen to facts and ignore them.  I don't see that as a character flaw; rather quite the opposite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Yeah, between JW_777 and TBK1 taking the time to explain it, I get the rationale now.

Same. I actually thought it was retarded as fuck until TKB1, and JW_777 explained why the bans were in place.

Now I see them as reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/ApprovedProducts/LicensedProductsBLAs/BloodDonorScreening/UCM164190.pdf

Notice there's no question about women having unprotected sex with multiple partners, while having no knowledge of their partner's status.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Women who like anal sex should admit to it and be banned as well?  Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

So if I'm in the .mil, and want to ride a motorcycle, I have serious amounts of restrictions (above and beyond State laws) because I'm high risk.

I think all fags in the .mil should have to go through extra mandatory training, and safety briefs, because they are higher risk for STD's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask me how I know that.

Yes, really. Maybe it is an additional requirement in CA or something, or maybe you donated blood to a group besides the Red Cross. Scientifically speaking, the odds of a man receiving HIV from an infected woman via unprotected anal sex is low, but likely higher than PIV sex. What they should be doing is saying any woman or man that has had receptive, unprotected anal sex should be not allowed to donate, but woman that have aren't a likely high risk group, only if they were partners with a bisexual male (they ask this question).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now you can become multicultural and appreciate diversity on an unparalleled level.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No, they have gaydar installed at the red cross entrances.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never donated blood so I don't know how it works, but can't they just say they aren't gay?
No, they have gaydar installed at the red cross entrances.

That's actually a myth.

They put a drop of dye that reacts with gay blood and causes it to turn purple.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Women who like anal sex should admit to it and be banned as well?  Good luck with that.
View Quote

Do most of these women have sex with dozens of partners at their nightly bath house romps?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Give money.

They can keep the gay blood.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are mad at "special snowflakes" for wanting to make donations to the Red Cross?  

Oh the horror!  What charity will they demand to give to next?!

Give money.

They can keep the gay blood.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are the two similar?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top