BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really don't have a problem with people liking and owning Hk's.

I just get all wrapped around the wagon when some dope does the whole, "Glock = Casio, HK = Rolex" or "Glock = Kia, Hk = Ferrari", "Glocks are for people who can't afford Hk" bits.

It's just another cheap polymer mass produced pistols. One costs a few bills more than another.  Oh well, no Sushi Bar or Strip Club this weekend.  Big Fucking Deal.

And as this guy points out, if you shop around, they really are not all that much.  I've had three of them with the most costing well under $700 for a mint unfired P7.  Used USP 40's are downright poverty pistols around here going for as low as $349 with half dead night sights and some road rash from cops wrestling drunks.

They are really nice guns.  But their quest to over engineer the guns squashes out much of the shootability.   But they are not fucking premium!  A Wilson Supergrade is premium.  Good lord, you Hk guys drive me crazy with your obnoxious "premium" quips.  I have shoes that cost more than my Hk's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because HK has everything I wanted in a pistol.  And I'm not dumb enough to pay full retail for these simple machines.

Other pistols couldn't even be modified to have what I wanted.

2 P2000sks.  Spent $500 for one, $550 for the other.  1 stainless USP40 with suppressor.  Bought new for $595.  1 P2000.  Paid $700 with night sights.  1 P7.  Paid $600.  Sold an HK45 I had bought for $700.  Sold a USP40t I had bought for $750.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv90/MaverickH1/SDC10570.jpg

I just get all wrapped around the wagon when some dope does the whole, "Glock = Casio, HK = Rolex" or "Glock = Kia, Hk = Ferrari", "Glocks are for people who can't afford Hk" bits.

It's just another cheap polymer mass produced pistols. One costs a few bills more than another.  Oh well, no Sushi Bar or Strip Club this weekend.  Big Fucking Deal.

And as this guy points out, if you shop around, they really are not all that much.  I've had three of them with the most costing well under $700 for a mint unfired P7.  Used USP 40's are downright poverty pistols around here going for as low as $349 with half dead night sights and some road rash from cops wrestling drunks.

They are really nice guns.  But their quest to over engineer the guns squashes out much of the shootability.   But they are not fucking premium!  A Wilson Supergrade is premium.  Good lord, you Hk guys drive me crazy with your obnoxious "premium" quips.  I have shoes that cost more than my Hk's.

I see that position as reasonable.

I don't think they're unshootable though. A P30S is very easy to shoot.

Wilson Supergrade though... one day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because HK has everything I wanted in a pistol.  And I'm not dumb enough to pay full retail for these simple machines.

2 P2000sks.  Spent $500 for one, $550 for the other.  1 stainless USP40 with suppressor.  Bought new for $595.  1 P2000.  Paid $700 with night sights.  1 P7.  Paid $600.  Sold an HK45 I had bought for $700.  Sold a USP40t I had bought for $750.

Nobody cares if you buy $200 bottles of wine or have $1000 shoes.  Really...nobody gives a shit. Regardless of whether someone likes HK or not...you're "that guy" who just has to brag about dumb shit online.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What, use a trigger finger and my thumb it like a previous poster says he does it? How do I maintain control of the gun when I "Have to Get It On"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a friend's shop yesterday (FFL that does custom work on handguns) and I picked up a USP45 that a customer had dropped off for something. As I picked it up I was like "cool, I don't see a lot of H&K's in here" and then I started to look it over. It didn't fit my hand, it didn't have an ambi safety-which I need, the mag release was a joke that no amount of retraining would make as effective as a standard release, and the plastic sights were piss-poor and looked like they came out of a gumball machine. I put it down before I could pick it apart any more than I had-I was really unimpressed.

I've always considered H&K pistols (aside from the P7 PSP I picked up  in the mid-2000's) to be higher quality enthusiasts guns. This gun had nothing going for it but a half decent DA trigger pull-there is no way I would buy one of these over an equivalent Sig-Sauer, or to be honest, an M&P.

Why do people buy these guns? This was not a quality weapon I would be proud to have... I'm sure it costs a considerable amount more than I normally pay for a handgun, I just don't understand how they could get the execution so wrong.

Between not being able to understand the super easy to use HK mag release and saying that you would take an M&P over an HK I learned all I need to know about the worth of your opinion on this matter.
Now I will sit back and watch the GD ignorance choir sing their hearts out about how bad HK is.

What, use a trigger finger and my thumb it like a previous poster says he does it? How do I maintain control of the gun when I "Have to Get It On"?

You use either your finger or your thumb not both at the same time. It's pretty easy to use. I just don't understand the inflammatory nature of the anti-HK posting in this thread when so much of it is due to people having never shot them for any period of time. And like every HK thread the haters claim to be experienced shooters who know guns and have owned and shot HK's but to any HK shooter they sound like that guy sitting at the local gun store counter telling bullshit stories 24/7.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of haters in this thread.  Gotta love 'em, cause they will lecture guys who actually own HK's about how much they suck cause they held one once in a shop 15 years ago for all of 2 minutes. . . .
If you don't like 'em, thats fine.  Some people like Glocks, or M&P's, 1911's or Sigs.  And thats fine.  If you like it, and it works for you, that's all that matters.  But don't go hating folks who pick something different just because they picked something different.
As for my HK45, Its the last pistol I'd give up.  Accurate, reliable, and fully ambidextrous, it works for me as well or better than anything I've ever owned.

Anyway, in honor of all the haters I made up a little pic.  Enjoy!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm open to the idea that H&K might get it right by dialing it back and making a standard striker fired pistol like most of the market wants.

$630 is the retail price, or $630 is street price? M&P's are what, $550 normally? They must really be sucking wind in the market or are changing their focus and business model if they are going to market guns that us Proles want at a price that's only just a little high. Maybe "being H&K" isn't enough anymore and sales of the 416 are finally dropping off. The last H&K I bought was used (P7 USP) and so was the one before that (HK91)..... Not because I'm a cheap ass, but because they didn't make them anymore. I've been shooting for 20 years now, I can't think of a single H&K product I have lusted after. Maybe that will change, but I am not holding out hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to try the VP9.  Shot one last weekend along side a Glock 19 and a USP compact.  Liked it much better than the other two.  Was impressed with the trigger for a striker fired pistol.   I shot it the best of the three, despite being more familiar with the other two.  The other guy I was with also shot it better.

ETA: It cost $630.  A little more, but not totally out of the ballpark of the other two.

I'm open to the idea that H&K might get it right by dialing it back and making a standard striker fired pistol like most of the market wants.

$630 is the retail price, or $630 is street price? M&P's are what, $550 normally? They must really be sucking wind in the market or are changing their focus and business model if they are going to market guns that us Proles want at a price that's only just a little high. Maybe "being H&K" isn't enough anymore and sales of the 416 are finally dropping off. The last H&K I bought was used (P7 USP) and so was the one before that (HK91)..... Not because I'm a cheap ass, but because they didn't make them anymore. I've been shooting for 20 years now, I can't think of a single H&K product I have lusted after. Maybe that will change, but I am not holding out hope.

$630 is what it me to buy it new from a friend who is a FFL.    He said that would cover shipping costs and a couple of dollar mark-up, so I guess it's close to small time dealer cost.   They're going for more on gunbroker right now, but I anticipate the price to come down as more hit the market.  

I own a couple of HK's, but I don't consider myself a fanboy.    I also own 1911's, sigs, FN, etc.  I'm not some tier 1 operator though, just some guy in Ohio that likes to shoot.   I've shot the mk23, p30, USP's,  and USP experts.  I agree with the guy that said the single action trigger on the USP  sucks.  For what it is, I think HK got the VP9 right.  I liked it enough to consider dropping my Glock in favor of it.  I preferred the grip angle and texture and the trigger.  It had a bit of slack in the beginning, but a cleaner break than the glock.  Handgun preference is a personal thing, however, and YMMV.  If you want to try a polymer striker fired gun, I'd give it consideration.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You sir, obviously have great taste in guns!
H&K P2000 v2 = perfection!

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/15360.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

H&K fanboy
me too. I have 3 HK pistols, and not one has ever had a malfunction, ever. Don't know what plastic sights you're talking about, all 3 of mine have steel sights. I also own Sigs, Glocks, and a token 1911, but still prefer the HK's. When looking at them side by side to the other brands I own, they just feel better built, and look to be a higher quality. And they shoot great. YMMV of course, that's why there are many, many brands to choose from.

You sir, obviously have great taste in guns!
H&K P2000 v2 = perfection!

http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/15360.jpg

I slightly prefer the V1 USPC, but only because it was my first HK and I'm nostalgic. My SK is a V2; best trigger setup for a carry gun.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because there's a sucker born every minute.

HK thinking I suck- and hating me- is all the reason I need to ensure they never see a dime from me.
View Quote

Uhhh...G3 in your avatar?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nobody cares if you buy $200 bottles of wine or have $1000 shoes.  Really...nobody gives a shit. Regardless of whether someone likes HK or not...you're "that guy" who just has to brag about dumb shit online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  You completely missed the point.  Did you even read bro?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No...pretty damn sure I didn't.  But you have.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My thoughts, as a repeat HK USP-C buyer:
Sights are not plastic, not sure what you were looking at.
The 45 models ARE oversized in the grips and really don't fit a lot of people, which makes the controls a pain.
Ambi safety is available, along with various other setups. The fact that it wasn't on the exact unit you were holding should not be held against the whole product line. You could switch that particular gun to an ambi, lefty, DAO, DA/SA... whatever you wanted.
The mag release is hit or miss for folks. Even if you like it, it takes some practice since it's different from the usual. I generally use my trigger finger and thumb on it at the same time, or just my trigger finger. I like the fact that it's perfectly useable with either hand. I practice dumping the safety by crossing my thumb over if I am using my weak hand alone, but not having to figure out a non standard method for magazines is nice.
ACCURATE. Practical accuracy is huge with these. It's not a tack driving target gun but very often it is the most accurate in practice for people who try a variety of handguns.
I'm not a huge fan of the grip, honestly. It never feels quite right one handed. Two handed it's fine. BUT, in actual use it works well. It's one of those things where just sitting there holding it doesn't transfer to the active use. The opposite is the case for me with many Sigs. I love how they feel, I really like the way they are designed and the construction on the old ones is outstanding. They also HATE my hand when it come to shooting. I've often thought about getting a 220 with target grips as a range toy or maybe house gun, but just haven't bothered.

Lastly, and the reason I actually bought a new one a few years after selling my original in a financial crisis, the damn things just plain WORK. I fully admit they probably aren't any more reliable than a GLOCK, on average. Both companies put out the occasional lemon that gets all sorts of notice, but that's the exception not the rule. But the GLOCK is ugly to me, generally less accurate off the shelf, and has no thumb safety option. Don't get me wrong, practically it's plenty accurate and I'm not saying it NEEDS a safety, just that I prefer having them since my other handguns all use them (mostly 1911's). The M&P is definitely an interesting gun, but it was also fairly new to market when I bought my last HK and I'm not as big a fan of the look and feel. It's just not as elegantly designed and doesn't feel like it's as high quality HK or Glock.
View Quote

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm a 1911 guy.
I have a USP w/weapon light on my nightstand.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
For me, the P2000SK is my favorite CCW pistol, and I can shoot it as well or better than my G19. The ergos are great and easy to use for my smallish hands, and I'm left handed. The G19 stays in my nightstand, but the SK stays in my Comp-Tac Infidel. For a sub-compact, it is very soft shooting, and has very little muzzle flip. Combined with an x-grip adapter, you get the full P2000 grip profile. I see that HKparts has a new X-grip adapter for P30 magazines.

I'm thinking about buying a USP9 just to add to my collection.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Variety is the spice of life.  I've tried a lot of different handguns...and I personally feel that the HK's are worth the money.  Its up to the individual to decide that for themselves.  Everyone is different.  Example, the Sig P220 is a good handgun, but doesn't fit my hand at all.  I shot it well, but it was sold in favor of others which felt better.  You go with what works for you.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

USP outdated???

LOL

All I have are USP's.

View Quote
You too?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Do they a sell those smurf blue HK USP?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess some just can't handle the guns from Valhalla.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#16]
It doesn't do anything a Glock won't do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a Glock doesn't do anything a S&W SD9VE does at $200 less...but that's not the point.  Buy what you like.  If you don't like it...don't buy it.  I have no need for a $4000 custom 1911 when I flog the ever living piss out of most of my handguns.  However, I don't judge others who have a desire to own such a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except not KB.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
Aside from being more accurate and having a much higher level of QC, and lower rate of production run failures?

HKs do not appeal to me, and I carry/shoot nothing but Glock 9mms at this point, but it still doesn't make me deny reality.

HK makes extremely high quality pistols that have been tested to the ends of the earth.  I don't own or carry one, but I still realize this.

In the end I agree with your statement, because an HK doesn't do anything for me that a Glock will not.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a used USPC .45 that is still on the same springs and internals when I bought it, approaching 20K rounds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not an HK guy here, but I do admit that they are made to a much higher standard than most.

I agree 100% that people who equate guns to cars, watches, etc.  have run out of facts.

If your go to when discussing guns is Ford vs. Chevy (or really any analogy) you don't know WTF you are talking about.

Guns are not cars.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the P30 and HK45. Like sex in my hand.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ambidextrous controls. More accurate. Higher statistical possibility of reliability. Has no finger grooves on the frame. Has multiple trigger variations that the shooter themselves can choose. Factory threaded barrels are available. (Though I'm aware that Glock has them on the market now. Just took several years.) They test the guns suppressed at the factory during development, according to Larry Vickers. Manual safety is available for users that desire it. Super reliable and well constructed magazines which puts cartridge at optimal feed geometry.

This list pertains to the P30, HK45, HK45C, P2000, P2000SK, USP, and VP9. (Except for those models without ambi controls like the USP, and the models that come in only one trigger system: VP9, which apparently has a better trigger than the Glock from what people have been saying.)
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Variety is the spice of life.  I've tried a lot of different handguns...and I personally feel that the HK's are worth the money.  Its up to the individual to decide that for themselves.  Everyone is different.  Example, the Sig P220 is a good handgun, but doesn't fit my hand at all.  I shot it well, but it was sold in favor of others which felt better.  You go with what works for you.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Firearms%20and%20Shooting/100_0115.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/image_zpsf5aea18d.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/hk45c1_zpsedfd98f1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Firearms%20and%20Shooting/IMG_8529_zps3b22e74b.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/Firearms%20and%20Shooting/IMG_0805.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/cms81586/IMG_5952edited_zpsbf67b969.jpg

View Quote

Sigs don't fit my hands either-but the triggers are pretty good and I shoot them well. I carried a P232 for over 10 years-my sister needed a carry gun so I gave it to her a year or two ago and got a shield and customed it up. I miss the Sig, she says she'll eventually give it back-I'm playing it casual about it but honestly I can't wait to have it back-my GF got jealous when she found out I was 'getting rid of it', so I might have a fight on my hands when it gets back to me. The GF will end up carrying it-I'm pretty happy with the Shield.

Hard to argue with a slim gun that carries well and has a safe enough trigger to not need a safety but is capable of some really good practical accuracy.

Glad to see forward cocking serrations on the VP9 in your pictures.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I like the P30 and HK45. Like sex in my hand.
View Quote
You should hate them though because, according to this thread:

-They are shitty quality

-Oh, wait, they are way too much quality than needed!

-they don't "fit" some guy's hand.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I have bad news for some in this thread. Tonight I went to the range to see if I could settle this debate for my own personal sake....

I brought a Walther P99, Sig Pro 2022, Glock 19 and a HK USP compact all in 9mm. Glock had consistent FTFs on one of the mags all night, Walther was good but the trigger makes me feel a fine tuned gourmet marshmallow until a nice break (just beautifully different to me), Sig has a trigger that rolled my finger to a pinch at the bottom tip and is too larger to carry personally, HK had a heavy double action pull like the sig and the pressure from the trigger back on my finger was similar to the Sig in regards to the trigger shape. Also the HK trigger transfer bar needed to be cleaned after 3000 rounds finally.

As you can see I am a fan of the 90's and 00's polymer 9mm euro guns, mag round counts over 10 don't matter to me due to my state, prices are all fine really. Everything was $500 - $750, so I saved for it accordingly like any one should be able to if they really want to.

After ~350 rounds today, All shot with in 2 inch groups at 15 yards (40 rounds each) and that impressed me due to my poor shooting ability. All of them would serve someone well for any intended use IMHO and let you and your family be able to enjoy another dinner together. All felt good enough in the hand when firing or just fondling. Thankfully my ego and selfworth don't come from which fanboy I am today so that is nice too.

Walther is deemed fun but not my go to for HD/SHTF/CCW, Sig is neat and great for a stash gun or truck gun or utility gun and it does it job well with no questions asked, Glock was going to be my carry gun and night stand with a TLR-1 but when I got home to load my defensive rounds kept jamming due to the mag, so after all that the HK is on my hip now and will be next to me at bed time.

I could not pick only one to own at this time however which was my goal for today. I like them all for different reasons. If I could have any two though, at this moment, I would take the HK USPc and a Glock 19. So I guess I am backat the beginning of this thread
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top