User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/29/2014 1:33:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:47:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It is a Russian TV show, but the english captions will work if you turn them on. Interesting shit to be honest.

http://youtu.be/2OFnYKaNSZk
View Quote

Quoting for iPad viewing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder how long it will take for the smell of curry and a BO to overpower the smell of cabbage and horse meat?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Awwww look at the widdle baby. Its sooo cuteeee.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
That will make a nice coral reef for the Pakistanis
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wonder how long it will take for the smell of curry and a BO to overpower the smell of cabbage and horse meat?
View Quote
Anyone explain the poop deck to them? It doesn`t mean... eh, who am I kidding, it`s probably too late already. What color shirts for their pooper scooper crew?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag fro later
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#7]
The MIG-29 sure is a nice looking aircraft.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag for a real computer connection

My ms phone sucks
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL I was thinking the same thing LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

*Shudder*
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:23:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Pretty cool. Some great Ka-27 footage in there.

Some of those halls seemed kinda low...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#12]
aww how cute!
maybe one day it will grow up and turn into a REAL carrier!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#13]
The Russians raped the Indians on that carrier.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Indians probably consider it a good investment in the knowledge they need for the indigenous carriers they are building - Vikrant will be 40,000 tons, carrying 30 fighters, was launched last year and is due to be commissioned in 2018, followed by the 65,000 ton steam catapult equipped Vishal that they hope to commission in 2025.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indians probably consider it a good investment in the knowledge they need for the indigenous carriers they are building - Vikrant will be 40,000 tons, carrying 30 fighters, was launched last year and is due to be commissioned in 2018, followed by the 65,000 ton steam catapult equipped Vishal that they hope to commission in 2025.

Hardly.

CFII was right. A bunch of Indians and Russians found it a great way to skim, bribe and divert millions of rupees into their pockets.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In theory, maybe. But read up on Indian defense procurement corruption. It's mind-boggling.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:09:06 AM EDT
[#18]
You need a steady supply of SHIT TONS of diesel to keep that thing viable in a real conflict, for sure.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The MIG-29 sure is a nice looking aircraft.
View Quote

Top 5 prettiest fighter aircraft of the cold war.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:16:31 AM EDT
[#20]
At this rate, China and India will have a viable carrier program right about the time the U.S. Navy makes the carrier as obsolete as the battleship.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag for later...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#22]
The narrator reminds me of John Candy from SCTV.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I was curious as to why they painted "Danger" on the side of the tail hook of the brand new 29 being built. Figured it would be something in cyrillic or hindi. Then the Indian Navy dude started speaking English and all the signs on the walls were in English.

Color me surprised.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Sad...   More interesting shows on Russian TV than on the History and Discovery channels!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was curious as to why they painted "Danger" on the side of the tail hook of the brand new 29 being built. Figured it would be something in cyrillic or hindi. Then the Indian Navy dude started speaking English and all the signs on the walls were in English.

Color me surprised.
View Quote

English is very common in India.

Good, clear, easy to understand English? Not so much. But English education is mandatory in Indian schools.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sad...   More interesting shows on Russian TV than on the History and Discovery channels!
View Quote

Why do you hate shows about cross-dressing transgender midgets?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You need a steady supply of SHIT TONS of diesel to keep that thing viable in a real conflict, for sure.  
View Quote

LSHSD (Low Sulpher High Speed Diesel)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Interesting that there was no mentioning of where all of the aircraft carrier technology was gained from.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Gorgeous fighter, and it definitely looks to have some nice upgrades in the cockpit. I also thought the hangar bay trolley system was neat, but in practical use I imagine its a bastard compared to just using a tug to move aircraft. The arresting cable system looks familiar, along with their landing approach lights.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Color me surprised.
View Quote

They were a British colony for a good while so I guess more happened out of that than just the British love of curry.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just imagine a submarine.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Color me surprised.
View Quote

English is the mandated international aviation language.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#33]
That was awesome thanks

Quoted:

They were a British colony for a good while so I guess more happened out of that than just the British love of curry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color me surprised.

British English is an official language in India, it's everywhere.  Clients from India have told me that English is used as sort of a "bridge" language between some parts of India where languages other than Hindi are primary since there's always someone who speaks (sorta) English around.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#34]
With all the fire control training that we all know the Indians will have,  the first fire that breaks out will be the end of that ship.

The first step will be to argue for about a day about how to put the fire out

gd
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Watched it.

Could have used a better comedian to show the ship.

Best for him not to leave his day job.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No surprise there. I cant imagine the level of corruption that happened on that project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No surprise there. I cant imagine the level of corruption that happened on that project.

Russian corruption + Indian corruption = A perfect storm of corruption.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Why is the flight deck curved, and is that a better design than U.S. made carriers?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just thinking that they probably repurposed the heads for something else, since none of them seem to use them anyway...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#41]
12:47.  Leave it to the Russians to put truck nuts on a helicopter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At this rate, China and India will have a viable carrier program right about the time the U.S. Navy makes the carrier as obsolete as the battleship.
View Quote

Are you kidding?! In 25-30 years our navy will be down to an old tugboat and a barge with a Mk25 cannon on it, all in the name of fairness! Plus those funds will be needed to support the burgeoning FSA class.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why is the flight deck curved, and is that a better design than U.S. made carriers?
View Quote

They are launching without a cat. Instead they have those chocks that collapse into the deck rapidly, and the jet is in full afterburner, so when it hits that ramp it gets flung into the air a bit. Also the ship is hauling ass into the wind, so all that equals a successful launch without a cat. I wouldn't say its a better design, just suited to their purposes and aircraft designs. It also eliminates a complicated piece of machinery and the associated personnel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm sure it was made with the same build quality as their tanks and aircraft.

(taken from the new Sukhoi Superjet 100)

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They are launching without a cat. Instead they have those chocks that collapse into the deck rapidly, and the jet is in full afterburner, so when it hits that ramp it gets flung into the air a bit. Also the ship is hauling ass into the wind, so all that equals a successful launch without a cat. I wouldn't say its a better design, just suited to their purposes and aircraft designs. It also eliminates a complicated piece of machinery and the associated personnel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MASSIVELY limits take off weight - from what I know (not much)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good, clear, easy to understand English? Not so much. But English education is mandatory in Indian schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Color me surprised.

It's true. If you want to confirm, just call up Dell's tech support.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks 0bama, now I'm not allowed to buy one of those.

And the bank might not have approved the loan.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's definitely not better, it's a lot worse.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#49]
So in order for that thing to be combat effective they need 50,000- 70,000 gallons of diesel a day? I hope for their sake I really FUBARED that conversion because that sounds like a hell of an Achilles heel. Not sure what our old carriers in WWII averaged but damn...in the modern world that seems like it would be a problem.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be very interested in their max. taxoff weight with that system vs. our max. takeoff weights with the catapults.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top