Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He should not be calm.  He should be barking and sniffing up a storm.  Pup needs a trip to the vet.  What you have there is a canine version of a thermonuclear warhead, ready to destroy anything in it's path.  And I mean that in the best of all possible ways.  That dog will easily find a forever home.  He has the look a growing up to be a good one.  

It may just be the life transition that is making him a little blue.  But I wouldn't bet his life on it.  
View Quote

A few posts up the OP says he's chewing on stuff now, being a normal puppy.

I'm betting his calm demeanor was because of the new environment.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What kind of dog is he?  Looks like a hound of some sort maybe?
View Quote

I was thinking looks like a Blue Tick hound.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what he looked like to me also.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Awwwww, he looks like a little blue tick beagle!

I have a 3 year old beagle that needs a puppy. Blue (my other beagle) is getting too old to play with her.

If it doesn't work out with conservativeblkfem I would like him. I am familiar with the quirks of beagles, I've had/had 3. They can be rascals if you don't know what to expect, plus they like a friend of their own kind.

My first beagle, little abbie came from a bad situation. She was like a wild animal and afraid of everything. I had other dogs but she didn't seem to bond with them.

She eventually calmed down but never really played till I got my 2nd beagle, blue.

Then abbie got old and we got lucy, which was like getting a puppy for blue. They all had a chance to bond before little abbie got old and died.

I have a fenced yard, a doggie door, and tracking collars and stuff so I can run them when I get the chance. Beagles like to trail.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Awww I want him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
IM in Columbus, Ohio.  If i can help with the transport, Ill do it.  Hell, if he makes it up here we even have a loving home for him (plenty of squirrels and rabbits to chase).
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He looks so sad and so beaten down.  Who wants to love this dog?
View Quote

If he was neglected, there are many ailments he could/probably is suffering from including heart worm, worms, other internal parasites, etc.

We just found a home for a local drop off ourselves. He was a lovely little maltese who most likely had heart worm and the owner didn't want to pay for treatment. We happen to know someone looking for one so all was good.

Good luck on this little guy. Puppies are usually pretty adoptable if you contact the local shelter. Make sure it's a no-kill outfit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a 3 year old beagle that needs a puppy. Blue (my other beagle) is getting too old to play with her.

If it doesn't work out with conservativeblkfem I would like him. I am familiar with the quirks of beagles, I've had/had 3. They can be rascals if you don't know what to expect, plus they like a friend of their own kind.

My first beagle, little abbie came from a bad situation. She was like a wild animal and afraid of everything. I had other dogs but she didn't seem to bond with them.

She eventually calmed down but never really played till I got my 2nd beagle, blue.

Then abbie got old and we got lucy, which was like getting a puppy for blue. They all had a chance to bond before little abbie got old and died.

I have a fenced yard, a doggie door, and tracking collars and stuff so I can run them when I get the chance. Beagles like to trail.

View Quote

Georgia might be an easier trip for the little guy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
It may be too soon but is he acting more like a happy pup this morning?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone is willing to do the travel, I'll donate a ticket on Southwest.  He should be small enough to just take on board.  

Caveat: Has to be southwest. Has to be "Wanna Get Away" ticket that I can buy with points which generally requires a week or more of advance purchase.

From OP's general description, I think the nearest airport that Southwest flies into is PIT.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Good on you for saving him.  Being a puppy you should not have much of a problem placing him.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I can contribute some money for the trip.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my guess. Doesn't look beagle-like to me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Take him to the vet and I will take care of his expenses.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No he hasn't. He's adorable. He will do well in a new home.
Bumpski.

Edit. I would take him in a second if I was closer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's seen too much badness already.  

No he hasn't. He's adorable. He will do well in a new home.
Bumpski.

Edit. I would take him in a second if I was closer.

This.    Id take him, but im in Texas.  Bump
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#16]
It's really up to conservativeblkfem. I didn't read the whole thread before I volunteered.

But I am willing to take him.

Eta: must check with sammich maker though.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's really up to conservativeblkfem. I didn't read the whole thread before I volunteered.

But I am willing to take him.

Eta: must check with sammich maker though.

View Quote

So far we have conservativeblkfem or gitarmac if they can take them.
I'll take him to the vet tomorrow fluffy
And I'll fly with him if need be or I will find someone that will
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty experienced with beagles and it looks like a beagle to me.  In fact he looks as if he can be related to mine.  It could be a cross of course, but size, color, markings etc points beagle.  Should mature to be about 15" tall, weigh about 25-30 pounds.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Can we get someone, I'm looking at you Fluffy, to maybe set up an Arfcom dag rescue fund? Maybe a paypal account to help with food and transport? I know I'd toss in a $20 from time to time. Dags are better than people.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#20]
If I wasn't on the opposite side of the US, I would be game for taking the pup. Cute little thing. I really hope things work out
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Thanks CBF.

If this does not happen I would  be interested in adding to the pack.

2 English Setters.

3 Daschounds

1 Lab mix

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can we get someone, I'm looking at you Fluffy, to maybe set up an Arfcom dag rescue fund? Maybe a paypal account to help with food and transport? I know I'd toss in a $20 from time to time. Dags are better than people.
View Quote

I have no idea how to set up a paypal account.  And the last thing I need is another escrow account.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update on the little guy he is chewing everything.
View Quote

Get some bitter apple spray.  Spritz everything you don't want chewed.  Watch pup like a hawk! A quiet puppy is a puppy getting into mischief.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I was thinking...Washington is so far for him to travel...

However if you guys can't find a closer home for him please keep me in mind..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not so bad. 8 hour travel time including just under 2 hour plane change in Denver.  Pup can hop out, get a grass break...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Didn't realize there was a thread in GD, too.

Gotta check with the sammich maker tonight, she may allow me to pick up another pup, and I'm very close to OP.  I think
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me know ASAP Jarhead from Team thread said he would take him. I also have someone close to me saying they might take him.

Edit: jarhead94 said they can take him if we can get him to Vermont. Texas
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let me know ASAP Jarhead from Team thread said he would take him. I also have someone close to me saying they might take him.

View Quote

Where in Texas. It's kinda big.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DFW
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not so bad. 8 hour travel time including just under 2 hour plane change in Denver.  Pup can hop out, get a grass break...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't stop in Denver I will snatch him.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Where in WV? I'm in Baltimore and the wife is in love!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

DFW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DFW

The routings suck and the prices are retarded for weekend flights PIT to DAL.  I could work out a weekday flight though.  Would be a long day for somebody, but I can make it work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I CAN PAY 20 BUCKS FOR THE TRIP OR THE VET OR WHATEVER. SEND ME A E MAIL AND I WILL DONATE 20 BUCKS TOWARD ANYTHING TO HELP THE LITTLE GUY. YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND ME A E MAIL AS I WONT BE ABLE TO FIND THIS THREAD IN THE MORNING.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like there is plenty of folks lined up in front of me and that is a good thing. If everybody lined up falls through, (doubtfull) we will take him. I am a long ways out of the way here in North Dakota though but am willing to drive to a regional airport to pick him up. He would have 3 little boys and a farm to live on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#35]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a WV taker on the line. How old is the pup & where is he?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Sammich maker reminded me of my medical bills. I can't really afford him at this time.

Which is too bad cause he would have been a playmate/buddy for this gal

my little monkey

At least she still has blue for now. And the rabbit pens should be opening soon so she can trail. That pup and her would have gotten along great I'll bet, she seems to like boy puppies better.

Hopefully I can add to my small pack next year. Hope that little guy gets a good home. He's going to be a pretty boy with long ears when he grows up I'll bet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#38]
So far we have:

CharlieHo is the local guy but has to check with his wife
JarHead94 is in Texas not VT..... and can take him
HUMONGO is in Maryland and can get him Thursday or Friday
And a two other members who will take him one in Washington and North Dakota  

FluffyTheCat can cover the vet
dillehayd can use his point to fly someone to travel with "puppy"

As the puppy goes he likes the blanket and basket we got him and loves the outdoors

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I want another dog.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Keep us Updated !!!!.

Its cool everyone helping..
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm in 100%, you let me know and we'll make it happen!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So far we have:

As the puppy goes he likes the blanket and basket we got him and loves the outdoors
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo2_zps4e773ee4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo2_zps4e773ee4.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo4_zps06ea69ee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo4_zps06ea69ee.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo3_zps5fdee718.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo3_zps5fdee718.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo5_zps17a908d0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo5_zps17a908d0.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have a family in WV that is interested! Please IM me details of exact location.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]
that puppy needs lots of love

get a nylabone for him to chew on - give it to him anytime he's chewing on something you don't want him to
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the pictures.  You do know that the third one is the classic position to receive tummy rubs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pictures.  You do know that the third one is the classic position to receive tummy rubs.
View Quote

Must be a "dog" thing, when I lay like that I get weird stares.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:11:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So far we have:

<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo2_zps4e773ee4.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo2_zps4e773ee4.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo4_zps06ea69ee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo4_zps06ea69ee.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo3_zps5fdee718.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo3_zps5fdee718.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/jhivfd24/media/photo5_zps17a908d0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q630/jhivfd24/photo5_zps17a908d0.jpg</a>
View Quote

Good lawd that is a cute puppy.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]
CharlieHo can't take him

JarHead can but is in TX

I have members like HUMONGO who is 4ish hours away but I know Jarhead really wants him

What should I do......
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm good either way!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#49]
As much as I hate to, it makes sense to let HUMONGO take the little fella. It's logistically easier and cheaper.

HUMONGO, what say you, sir? He's got the look of a good pup and I'd hate to stress the little guy with travel since I haven't heard back from any transport company and I can't fly to pick him up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm good either way!
View Quote

Ummm...hi...I said I had a family in WV that was interested like: hours ago. Less travel & easier for the foster. I sent a PM but got no response.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top