BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes this.  Buds has them pretty cheap.  Is there a reason they are that cheap, or is it a good deal for a good gun?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have both an RIA and a Tisas, I recommend the Tisas.

Tell me about the Tisas.

Yes this.  Buds has them pretty cheap.  Is there a reason they are that cheap, or is it a good deal for a good gun?

Good deal for a good gun. What does everyone want to know? Fit and finish are very good. Mil-spec. Excellent machining, runs flawless. Just look at the reviews at Buds.

Only thing I did was change the grip panels to checkered cocobolo wood.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Read reviews here on the Tisas. 93% of owners rate 5 stars.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411552921
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1 on this one.  I got the Commander length.  It was a very nice gun. Tight, good trigger and so far, reliable ( 300 rounds down the pipe.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA has a couple for around 319.00 right now, with a 30 dollar rebate as well.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ati-gfx-45-gi.html

+1 on this one.  I got the Commander length.  It was a very nice gun. Tight, good trigger and so far, reliable ( 300 rounds down the pipe.)

Same experience.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When I am shooting well, or use a way to brace myself, I am really impressed with how accurate it is for a "cheap" gun.

I have had great luck with Tula in the .45 and 9mm. I use a lot of the Tula Brass Maxx in 9mm. So far I've only had one real issue with a case that wasn't trimmed to the right length and wouldn't seat all the way in either of my 9mms. But thats the first round out of about 500 in the brassmaxx that was bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pistol was scary accurate. First magazine at 15 yards was better than I had ever shot with my M&Ps or Glocks. I think I'm made for the 1911 .

The Tula issue... They are definitely known for hard primers. While I will shoot Tula in my ARs all day long, I will not shoot it in my pistols any more. Between 40 and 9mm, I've had more issues in just 100 rounds than I have in a case of .223. Stuck cases and hard primers left and right with the pistol ammo. Weird.

When I am shooting well, or use a way to brace myself, I am really impressed with how accurate it is for a "cheap" gun.

I have had great luck with Tula in the .45 and 9mm. I use a lot of the Tula Brass Maxx in 9mm. So far I've only had one real issue with a case that wasn't trimmed to the right length and wouldn't seat all the way in either of my 9mms. But thats the first round out of about 500 in the brassmaxx that was bad.

The Tula Brassmax I will use - IIRC it's made by Fiocchi or someone like that and rebranded by Tula.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Tula Brassmax I will use - IIRC it's made by Fiocchi or someone like that and rebranded by Tula.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The pistol was scary accurate. First magazine at 15 yards was better than I had ever shot with my M&Ps or Glocks. I think I'm made for the 1911 .

The Tula issue... They are definitely known for hard primers. While I will shoot Tula in my ARs all day long, I will not shoot it in my pistols any more. Between 40 and 9mm, I've had more issues in just 100 rounds than I have in a case of .223. Stuck cases and hard primers left and right with the pistol ammo. Weird.

I think Perfecta might be Fiocchi. Both are made in Italy.

Brassmaxx is made in Bosnia. The other Tula stuff is steel case, steel cored from Russia.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Brassmaxx is made in Bosnia. The other Tula stuff is steel case, steel cored from Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Box of Brassmaxx I got in .45 was made in Italy as well.

Top left
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good deal for a good gun. What does everyone want to know? Fit and finish are very good. Mil-spec. Excellent machining, runs flawless. Just look at the reviews at Buds.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have both an RIA and a Tisas, I recommend the Tisas.

Tell me about the Tisas.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.  I read the reviews on them.  However, with that being said I figure some of those guys just got into to shooting, or don't shoot that much.  For the most part I will take someone's word on here more than I would of a review at a gun site.  I bought one last night.  Figured I have 180 days to pay it off isn't too bad of a deal at all.  Not that I am going to stretch it that far, just like that option.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/08/21/2025592_02__45_federal_and_tulammo_640.jpg

Top left
View Quote

Oh. I get the 100 round packs that come in a small cylinder and they were made in Bosnia.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/08/21/2025592_02__45_federal_and_tulammo_640.jpg

Top left
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Top left

How much is it ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How much is it ?
View Quote

IIRC they are $19/box at Walmart when they have it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

$389 after rebate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RIA for 439 at tombstone tactical.  

$389 after rebate

Tell me about the rebate.
I about a RIA from buds in March. I can only assume I don't qualify for a rebate but still...

ETA: mine:

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I about a RIA from buds in March. I can only assume I don't qualify for a rebate but still...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$389 after rebate

Valid on purchases from 07-15 - 10/15. Must be postmarked by 10/31. Mail warranty card and bill of sale showing purchase date to their US office, done. Unfortunately you missed the rebate period. I was one of the last few to order the RIA Tactical at the price of $427. When I looked yesterday they were $471 at Buds
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Valid on purchases from 07-15 - 10/15. Must be postmarked by 10/31. Mail warranty card and bill of sale showing purchase date to their US office, done. Unfortunately you missed the rebate period. I was one of the last few to order the RIA Tactical at the price of $427. When I looked yesterday they were $471 at Buds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$389 after rebate

well damn
Thanks for the reply

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Best deal, while subjective, would be Buds price of $1400+ - on a stainless DW Valor. The Valor is nearly perfect in is fit and finish and is a lot of gun for that price. The only thing i would change is the sights, because I hate the straight 8 setup.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
PSA has a couple for around 319.00 right now, with a 30 dollar rebate as well.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ati-gfx-45-gi.html
View Quote

Dang thats a good deal...  Looks like it has a barrel bushing, correct?  For me, the thing that detracts from Armscor's midsize is the bull barrel
So is ATI the "other good" Filipino company?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top