Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2014 8:27:59 AM EDT
Looking to buy one for my dad and brother.  

Any links to good deal would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
PSA has a couple for around 319.00 right now, with a 30 dollar rebate as well.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ati-gfx-45-gi.html
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Springfield armory mil spec. $650-700
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springfield armory mil spec. $650-700
View Quote

I got my springfield RO for 740 and kicked myself for missing the 659 sale last month. Should be here in a couple days. But that's a lot of coin if you have to buy 2.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hard to beat bud's gun shop on prices, I think

rock island armory is supposed to be okay although the revolver I got was quite the WTF
View Quote

Yeah..  The revolver is crap but the 1911 is better than okay.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Get them a sig and tell em to figure out visitation rights.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both an RIA and a Tisas, I recommend the Tisas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget to add in the cost of the custom work to make it reliable,
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:16:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's a .22 dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He didn't specify caliber.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's a .22 dude.
View All Quotes

Still good for pistol whippin'
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tell me about the Tisas.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Tell me about the Tisas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me about the Tisas.

Yes this.  Buds has them pretty cheap.  Is there a reason they are that cheap, or is it a good deal for a good gun?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

rock island armory is supposed to be okay although the revolver I got was quite the WTF
View Quote

I remember that thread, how did it turn out? details....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I know it was a .22 just thought it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Also - Rock Island Armory has a $50 mail in rebate through October.

My RIA Tactical FS in .45 was $427, so after the rebate I'm at $377 for a damn fine 1911.

Quoted:
Don't forget to add in the cost of the custom work to make it reliable,
View Quote

Only a couple hundred rounds through mine at this point, but no stoppages what-so-ever. Even with $10 mags. FMJ and JHP fed great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:19:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

+1 for Bud's and RIA.

I picked up my RIA Tactical from them for a few bucks less than retail.  It's been a fantastic gun.  Unfortunately they were clearing out the last of the billboard-advertisement models so that's what I got.  Nothing a cerakote job can't fix.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:52:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, both Tisas and Girsan are Turkish.

Just as a heads up - on the Girsan 1911s, the make an offer will allow you to go $40 lower
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#23]
RIA for 439 at tombstone tactical.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't own a Kimber, but it seems as of late - a lot of people have been slashing their prices pretty big. Palmetto and Kentucky Gun Co. esp

ETA: assuming by deal you mean best price for the money, as opposed to the cheapest thing you can find.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Rock Islands are made in the Philippines by Armscor.  Armscor has been making 1911's under many different brand names since the 50's.  I would guess that they have produced more 1911s than any other company.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

$389 after rebate
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#28]
If you plan on having custom work done to it the Springfield Mil-spec is a very solid platform to build off of later.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
PSA has a couple for around 319.00 right now, with a 30 dollar rebate as well.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ati-gfx-45-gi.html
View Quote

+1 on this one.  I got the Commander length.  It was a very nice gun. Tight, good trigger and so far, reliable ( 300 rounds down the pipe.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They admit it's a cheap alloy revolver, I was just shocked the end of the barrel was left in the white  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They admit it's a cheap alloy revolver, I was just shocked the end of the barrel was left in the white  

I forgot what gun writer stated he did that to his guns to make them look larger and more intimidating for someone facing it.   Just think of it as free custom work.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I saw that PSA has the Springfield armory Loaded model for $799. Great gun for a really good price. Every time I've ever seen one they're always close to $950. And I've never seen one in the LGS. Only at the gun shows.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Both the RIA and ATI are great 1911s. 300 ish for a GI 1911 is where its at.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I saw that PSA has the Springfield armory Loaded model for $799. Great gun for a really good price. Every time I've ever seen one they're always close to $950. And I've never seen one in the LGS. Only at the gun shows.
View Quote
I saw it on slickguns for 650 a few weeks ago.  I'm still kicking myself for not buying it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
$389 after rebate
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$389 after rebate
Where do you see the rebate?

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I forgot what gun writer stated he did that to his guns to make them look larger and more intimidating for someone facing it.   Just think of it as free custom work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Massad Ayoob.  Also recommended getting the outside edge of the muzzle crown razor sharp in case somone tries to grab the barrel.  Sheesh. That's what the pistol bayonet is for.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:36:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$389 after rebate

Armscor/RIA $50 mail in rebate

I do see that Bud's raised their prices - the FS Tactical I bought for $427 is now $477
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$389 after rebate

Armscor/RIA $50 mail in rebate

Well, hell.  I just might have to buy one, now.

Merci.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:40:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I LOVE my RIA Tac. it was $350 on Black Friday from Bud's, but even at $439 someone posted above, its definitely worth it. Very accurate, and after about a 50 round break in period (and switching to Wilson 47D's) it's been 100%.

I almost bought one of the Commander sized ATI's from PSA a while back, but cancelled the order due to finding a different gun I wanted more I read that they were great for the money though, especially at $289. Depending on how long they have them for, I may still get one yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn with this other rebate Im going to have to get some rock islands. My black friday GI is flawless
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:56:01 AM EDT
[#41]
What is the price range?

As of today I know of a place that has two Ruger SR1911-CMD for $639 each.

They also have 5 in stock Sig Sauer  1911R-45-TACOPS for $759 each.  Which is a very good price from what I have seen.

I have no connection to the FFL that has these. I have dealt with them once when I purchased a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp and had zero issues.

Sent link to OP so a choice could be made before the Sig's get snatched.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

RIA makes revolvers?

Buds RIA deal at Christmas time was $350 for a tactical version. I can't say it's 100% reliable and wouldn't use it as a go to defense gun, but for shooting and learning a about the 1911 you can't beat it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

RIA makes revolvers?

Buds RIA deal at Christmas time was $350 for a tactical version. I can't say it's 100% reliable and wouldn't use it as a go to defense gun, but for shooting and learning a about the 1911 you can't beat it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIA makes revolvers?

What hasn't been reliable about yours? Have you tried different mags? A lot of people have issues with the ACT mags - I haven't yet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What hasn't been reliable about yours? Have you tried different mags? A lot of people have issues with the ACT mags - I haven't yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIA makes revolvers?

I had an issue where it would not shoot. It appeared to function fine, safety would flip on and off, but it would not fire. I sent it back and they said it was the Houge rubber grips slightly getting in the way of the over sized safety, making it not fire some times. They cut little notches in the grips. While it was there, I decide to pay $100 for a trigger job and reliability work. I was curious what $100 got me and so far it's "eh - not sure if worth it?" They did put in one of their new grip safeties with the larger bump and gave me a new mag. I will say their service dept. was nice. No cost for me to ship to or from. They kept to their 3 week turn around, and called me about it before they worked on things. They also included a 3 shot group touching at 25 yards, meaning the gun has the potential to shoot better than I can shoot it. The trigger it came back with does seem lighter and a bit smoother. Not quite as nice as some of  my friends' higher end 1911s, but I think that boils down to parts. I think it's set up correctly.

Since I've gotten it back I have about 150-200 rounds through it. I've had a few failure to feeds, where the round didn't seat all the way, and now some times the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag. Trying to see if it is just one mag or not. I have 2 stock mags, which I think are actually pretty nice, and 2 Chipley mags.nI think they sanded the take down pin to make it easier to pop in and out, so I wonder if they took too much and it leads to the mags not locking the slide.  The FTF might be the ammo, though I had shot 200-300 of that brand (Tula) before I sent it back and hadn't had an issue before.

Still happy with it. I just have other guns for things that go bump in the night, and I wouldn't use it at this point for games like USPSA. It still works great for plinking at the range and cuddling with it lovingly at night.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

RIA makes revolvers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIA makes revolvers?

Mine has thousands of rounds through it already, it spits bullets and shits brass all day long from a wide variety of handloads and factory ammo, with all sorts of different bullets. Not one failure. That's with CMC mags.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I had an issue where it would not shoot. It appeared to function fine, safety would flip on and off, but it would not fire. I sent it back and they said it was the Houge rubber grips slightly getting in the way of the over sized safety, making it not fire some times. They cut little notches in the grips. While it was there, I decide to pay $100 for a trigger job and reliability work. I was curious what $100 got me and so far it's "eh - not sure if worth it?" They did put in one of their new grip safeties with the larger bump and gave me a new mag. I will say their service dept. was nice. No cost for me to ship to or from. They kept to their 3 week turn around, and called me about it before they worked on things. They also included a 3 shot group touching at 25 yards, meaning the gun has the potential to shoot better than I can shoot it. The trigger it came back with does seem lighter and a bit smoother. Not quite as nice as some of  my friends' higher end 1911s, but I think that boils down to parts. I think it's set up correctly.

Since I've gotten it back I have about 150-200 rounds through it. I've had a few failure to feeds, where the round didn't seat all the way, and now some times the slide doesn't lock back on an empty mag. Trying to see if it is just one mag or not. I have 2 stock mags, which I think are actually pretty nice, and 2 Chipley mags.nI think they sanded the take down pin to make it easier to pop in and out, so I wonder if they took too much and it leads to the mags not locking the slide.  The FTF might be the ammo, though I had shot 200-300 of that brand (Tula) before I sent it back and hadn't had an issue before.

Still happy with it. I just have other guns for things that go bump in the night, and I wouldn't use it at this point for games like USPSA. It still works great for plinking at the range and cuddling with it lovingly at night.
View Quote

Interesting. Thanks for the info. So far I'm about 200 rounds in with no issues. Now that you mention it - the stock mag didn't lock back once. Idk if you'd count that as a malfunction, though. 3 metalform mags were great.

The pistol was scary accurate. First magazine at 15 yards was better than I had ever shot with my M&Ps or Glocks. I think I'm made for the 1911 .

The Tula issue... They are definitely known for hard primers. While I will shoot Tula in my ARs all day long, I will not shoot it in my pistols any more. Between 40 and 9mm, I've had more issues in just 100 rounds than I have in a case of .223. Stuck cases and hard primers left and right with the pistol ammo. Weird.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Para Expert looks like a good buy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The pistol was scary accurate. First magazine at 15 yards was better than I had ever shot with my M&Ps or Glocks. I think I'm made for the 1911 .

The Tula issue... They are definitely known for hard primers. While I will shoot Tula in my ARs all day long, I will not shoot it in my pistols any more. Between 40 and 9mm, I've had more issues in just 100 rounds than I have in a case of .223. Stuck cases and hard primers left and right with the pistol ammo. Weird.
View Quote

When I am shooting well, or use a way to brace myself, I am really impressed with how accurate it is for a "cheap" gun.

I have had great luck with Tula in the .45 and 9mm. I use a lot of the Tula Brass Maxx in 9mm. So far I've only had one real issue with a case that wasn't trimmed to the right length and wouldn't seat all the way in either of my 9mms. But thats the first round out of about 500 in the brassmaxx that was bad.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top