Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2014 8:12:28 PM EDT
I'm out dont know how I watched this turd for so long
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have got on The Strain
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
ive been too busy this summer is this season that bad?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, Moon has been glowing since giving birth
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's definitely getting more stupid, which is a real bummer, because it started out so well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's definitely getting more stupid, which is a real bummer, because it started out so well.

This.  I am about done.  I have the last three episodes recorded.  If it doesnt get any better, I am out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I keep saying if it does not get better I am out. Then I watch next week.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a fan of the show, but I agree that the show is taking a turn to shit. Lordes and Lexi need to die...

Edit: wow just realized that this is my first post here. w00t woot
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Record both

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
At least they know how to use weapons, scavenge, kill the enemy, use the right motorcycles and are not that stupid.
Unlike the Walking Dead (who would be much better off if they would just get a damn D-11 dozer).
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm right there with you.  I loved the first season and just can't follow it anymore.  It's just ridiculous now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, Lexi  seems shark jumpy to me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.  I am about done.  I have the last three episodes recorded.  If it doesnt get any better, I am out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And to think this season was suppose to be had the potential because they were left on their own ill watch it when this season goes on amazon prime
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I like Defiance more...

Lots more overt attempts at hand jobs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It went to shit this season.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Its always been shit but guess I draw the line at half breed human/alien cocoons
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:59:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:01:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Same.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true. I don't know what happened, but the whole season started off lame.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately that was three years ago, & they have more commercials than a NASCAR race.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
When Col. Weaver put his hand on Mason's shoulder as they looked upon Lexi in the chrysalis and said, "She'll always be your little girl", I almost puked up blood.

This fucker has turned into a never-ending trek across the country fighting people, fighting aliens, getting captured, breaking loose, yadda yadda yadda. It's just like Revolution (what ever happened to that show?) and The Last Ship. They never seem to offer any hope that there will be a resolution to the main plot line. They toss the plot out there in the first episode, then lose their way and just degenerate into boring details of the personal lives of the characters.

Fuck 'em. If it's about defeating alien invaders, let's defeat the alien invaders - not get mired down in love stories and silly subplots about personal conflicts between the characters just to drag out the story.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I gave up on this show.

The Strain is looking good!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#22]
The premise for the series had great potential.  Organized human resistance to an alien invasion.  Strategy, battles, survival, heroism, relationships, sacrifice etc.  It should have been a three year series with a definite conclusion.

However, the stupid Hollywood writers had to go full derp by bringing in all kinds of weird and silly shit like converting the children and other alien races.  Another series ruined.  Hardly worth watching nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm out dont know how I watched this turd for so long
View Quote

Yeah, didn't make it through the first episode of this season.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I keep watching it for some reason. Although Im really starting to root for the Esphiny more and more each week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:54:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not really into this season, I'll keep watching anyway, its still better than 99% of the other crap on tv.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I really liked it at first cause it was (almost) different and somewhat plausible (plausible as in Batman is plausible because he's just a normal dude with no super powers) but now with this Lexi shit, well I do keep watching but dont recommend it to friends anymore.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree, Lexi and her girlfriend have got to go. Too airy.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope they both turn into bugs and they get wasted by Pope.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I stopped after this seasons premier.
View Quote

I stopped about 5 min into the season premier.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2. Is there any hope it returns to kicking alien ass instead of a soap opera?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Edit- Double Tap.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm thinking they are & soon, as none of this junk fits in the rest of the story line, but it wouldn't be the last time execs trashed up a show, & they still have more commercials than a NASCAR race.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still holding out hope.

I just wish they'd shoot the annoying blonde bitch already....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#35]

But don’t you want to see if Lexi emerges from the chrysalis
as a butterfly?

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I want Karen to come back... Im rather fond of her crazy $#*%.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#37]
It's so bad........ it is good , kinda like the Walking Dead.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But don’t you want to see if Lexi emerges from the chrysalisas a butterfly?

View Quote

I'd like to see someone walk up with a scarfed can of Raid....
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When Col. Weaver put his hand on Mason's shoulder as they looked upon Lexi in the chrysalis and said, "She'll always be your little girl", I almost puked up blood.

This fucker has turned into a never-ending trek across the country fighting people, fighting aliens, getting captured, breaking loose, yadda yadda yadda. It's just like Revolution (what ever happened to that show?) and The Last Ship. They never seem to offer any hope that there will be a resolution to the main plot line. They toss the plot out there in the first episode, then lose their way and just degenerate into boring details of the personal lives of the characters.

Fuck 'em. If it's about defeating alien invaders, let's defeat the alien invaders - not get mired down in love stories and silly subplots about personal conflicts between the characters just to drag out the story.
View Quote

I want to know where they get ammo for that M1 Carbine. And the black guy who carries the M14 always has a belt of linked rounds wrapped over his shoulder. Always! Come on - load some mags.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#40]
It sucks but I watch it. They cancelled Southland and kept that steaming pile.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#41]
You know what's missing on both The Walking Dead and Falling Skies are the simple moments in life, like taking a dump while reading a magazine and then wiping your ass with new toilet paper and washing your hands.

Or fresh tampons for the girls.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It sucks but I watch it. They cancelled Southland and kept that steaming pile.
View Quote

We know why you liked Southland.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But don’t you want to see if Lexi emerges from the chrysalisas a butterfly?

Or an actor made up as Dale Gribble pulling up in his bug-mobile.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I want to know where they get ammo for that M1 Carbine. And the black guy who carries the M14 always has a belt of linked rounds wrapped over his shoulder. Always! Come on - load some mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What for? It's not like they've been in battle lately.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm right there with you.  I loved the first season and just can't follow it anymore.  It's just ridiculous now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

It's LOST the narrative...

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm sure they're saving the best for last. They always do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#47]
This is a problem with every series that has an ongoing schedule.  Season after season with no end in sight.   The desperation for more drama, more over-the-top this or that heads off into stupid land.  If you simply had a defined story arc in mind WITH AN ENDING then you'd see less of this kind of creeping stupidity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

Really? Are you kidding me or do you own stock in this.

I am 8 episodes into the first season (I have S1-3 on DVD) and there are sooooooo many things stupid it is unbelievable.
Most shows have firearm stupid embedded but Falling Skies thinks it is a virtue.
To start with they are in Massachusetts.
Where, after a total annihilation of the world's military does one find all kinds of full auto AK/AR/HK etc????
Not in Massachusetts. That is one of the last places

What would you find in Massachusetts?
With armories attacked by aliens and local gun shops/homes the only possible sources; hunting rifles and shotguns.
No AKs would be found or if one was it would be a semi not class3.
If you lucked out and got some police class 3 AR15s they would likely be 3 shot burst not full and you might find an MP5 or 2 in that local but most folks would have a 870 of R700/W70 type.
Yet, you rarely see any bolt gun (The crazy women downtown had a Yugo Mauser M48, yeah that would take her arm of if she fired that 8mil)

Hi caps mags abound and there is no need to go out with more than the one you have in the gun because it never runs dry. They fire 10 second burst (In under 3 seconds 30 rounds is gone) and imagine those A2 birdcages not climbing an inch even when kids are firing them.

How much would it cost to get even a novice to advise them on simple basic firearm 101 lets not be idiots?
Apparently more than they are willing to spend

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#49]
This past episode was absolutely fucking terrible. Jesus, it made the Walking Dead look like a cinematic masterpiece.

Yes, I will still watch both, because there is nothing better on.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#50]
You guys are lucky my kids get first dibs on the TV remote so it's Spongebob and Scooby Doo over here.

Actually that's not so bad I reckon...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top