Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#1]

I have a remote control starter.  It will start the truck from a very long distance away.  And once started, the truck cannot be driven without the key in the ignition.  If you get in the truck and hit the brake, then the truck will shut off.

Anyway, my remote starter will keep the truck running for 45 minutes.

So if I have to leave Bimba in the truck, I can leave the A/C or heater on and she is comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Differ yourself from stupid soccer moms and just leave your damn dog at home..

Problem solved - no cops called, no irrational people harassing you
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, dangerous.
Like he could have hit it in drive or something.
View Quote
I am sure he is coordinated enough to push the brake pedal to release the shifter lock.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I walk out after the 30 seconds it took to hand something off to someone, and you're breaking into my truck. If you survive being shot, you can explain to the judge how you were doing the dog a favor, maybe you'll get probation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.

I walk out after the 30 seconds it took to hand something off to someone, and you're breaking into my truck. If you survive being shot, you can explain to the judge how you were doing the dog a favor, maybe you'll get probation.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

View Quote

You're lucky your dag didn't steal your truck.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, dangerous.
Like he could have hit it in drive or something.
I am sure he is coordinated enough to push the brake pedal to release the shifter lock.  

My rig, using the remote starter, has no key in the ignition - hence the shifter and steering wheel are locked.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's about 94 here today. I took my dag with me to run some errands and stopped at a dollar store to pick up some trash bags.

I was inside like 3 or 4 minutes total and came out of the store to find some crazy bitch trying to open the drivers door on my Denali. I asked her if I could help her as I had the key to unlock the door.

She started yelling about how I should be locked up for leaving my dag in a truck with the windows rolled up on a hot day and how he could die in there.

I said, "Maybe if you paid a little more attention...you'd realize the god-damned engine is running and the air conditioning is set at 60 degrees! Now get away from my truck..."

She stormed off into the store muttering something about 'it's still dangerous'...

He doesn't like to drive. On long trips, it's all I can do to get him to spell me for 50 miles. He's just lazy.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
It takes a village
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It takes a village
View Quote
So it would seem.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Mine's the same way. He always waits until we're almost home, then he offers.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?"

"Yeah motherfucker, let me line it up with the driveway, you can kick it in the garage. Fuck off."

Lazyass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He doesn't like to drive. On long trips, it's all I can do to get him to spell me for 50 miles. He's just lazy.

Mine's the same way. He always waits until we're almost home, then he offers.

"You sure you don't want me to drive?"

"Yeah motherfucker, let me line it up with the driveway, you can kick it in the garage. Fuck off."

Lazyass.
Bingo!  Jive-ass lazy dag....

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IN TEXAS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.

IN TEXAS?

Yes, it's true.  Because if you leave your pick-up truck running with the keys in the ignition, how are you going to clean your ears?  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Like that, but add dominance rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leaving the engine running and a/c on - I would have no problem.  Otherwise, I would have no problem breaking the window - I don't know if it's been 4 minutes or 40. Stupid hurts.

http://media.giphy.com/media/MhenSeT9i5Mnm/giphy.gif

Like that, but add dominance rape.

I have broken windows to get children and dogs out. We are talking 30+ minutes on a 110 exterior temp day.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#16]
People who refuse to spell DOG properly, should get hassled by dingbats.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

IN TEXAS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I care but, it's against the law to leave a car running in Texas if it's unattended.

IN TEXAS?

Yeppers. We have a legion of security guardZ to call the cops on such people!

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

OP should have sighed loudly, taken the dog out of the car, tied it by  its' leash to the rear bumper and walked back inside.

And then followed the bint on her way home, passing her vehicle several miles later with the leash and frayed, dogless dragging behind his vehicle...
View Quote
WINNING

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Perhaps she is aware that for every 1 like you that takes precautions to protect the DOG, there are 5 morons out there who don't and kill or at least let their DOGs suffer. Just because your vehicle is running doesn't mean the air is on or working for someone initially seeing the DOG in a car on a hot day.

Do you feel cool typing "dag" instead of "dog"?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Perhaps she is aware that for every 1 like you that takes precautions to protect the DOG, there are 5 morons out there who don't and kill or at least let their DOGs suffer. Just because your vehicle is running doesn't mean the air is on or working for someone initially seeing the DOG in a car on a hot day.

View Quote

Really?

Are there that many dags dying in cars every day in America?

I call bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking hate these types of people.

There's a dog store in mini mall I go to. Well I was parked about 30 feet away from the dog store in front of a grocery store. I get out of my car and my dag is sitting enjoying life in the passenger side seat, licking the windows all short bus retarded like. No quicker than I am out of the drivers side door and walking behind my car to the passenger side door some old hag yells at me "You're not going to leave your dog in there are you?" in a bitchy demeaning tone. I was caught off guard cause I didn't see this old wrinkly fucking cunt. So I said no and kept walking to the passenger door to bring her into the dog store.

My blood was fucking boiling by the time I realized I acted like a little bitch and should of told this old cunt to fuck off.
Yes I am really angry over this whole ordeal. People need to mind their own fucking business.

[/rage]

There are people who leave kids and dogs in their cars resulting in their deaths.  Perhaps you should have thanked her for her concern.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, dangerous.Like he could have hit it in drive or something.
View Quote

Pretty much every car has a shift inter lock so the brake has to be applied to move it from park.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I've left my huge black hunting dogs in the cab, w/ AC running, and people have approached my truck.

They back away real fast, tho, for some reason.   My pack lets busybodies get real close, before they go crazy! (insert idiotic passive-aggressive icon here)
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seriously, can you cite any examples of cars bursting into flames from the heat of the exhaust while idling in Park?

Or is this just something you think might happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Parked with the AC on my truck exhaust gets too hot, sometimes the engine overheats.  Some have gone up in flames.  I have had to leave a disabled person or a pet in the running truck with AC during a quick run inside but I'm not happy about it when I do it.

I wouldn't drive or ride in something I was that scared of.

I'm not worried if I am in it, I'm worried if someone else is in it without me.  Other than that, I don't have a lot of choice.  

Standing next to the doors, the exhaust heat coming from underneath is too much to stand there for long.  If it can spark a fire, who knows,   I'm just wary of it.  It bugs me more in the summer than it does in the winter.

Seriously, can you cite any examples of cars bursting into flames from the heat of the exhaust while idling in Park?

Or is this just something you think might happen?

Am I sounding like a paranoid loon or something?  

After some poking around it looks like fires have not been caused by a catalyst on it's own, but with a combinations of things including catalysts, too rich of a fuel mixture, flammable debris(leaves, birds nest), paint/undercoating, etc.  

As I said, my specific vehicle concerns me(I'm not losing sleep or peeing my pants mind you), running rich may explain my crappy fuel economy and excess heat from underneath.   FWIW, According to NHTSA, an overheated catalyst due to a fuel rich condition can start a fire.

However in my situation I am concerned about any vehicle we use, idling or not, as vehicle fires happen often enough.  When you have to leave a quadriplegic requiring assistance to exit the vehicle, what can go wrong needs to be considered.  

If not for the risk to life, it would not be a concern.  I err on the side of caution when my sisters life is in my hands.  I also have a wireless thermometer, monitor the passenger compartment via cell phone and insure the vehicle can be seen from inside the store.   With all of that I still limit the time period to 3 or 4 minutes.  Life for families with debilitating disabilities is different than everyone else.  Not to mention the world is not very forgiving when they hear a young disabled lady died in a car fire while her brother took 3 minutes to pick up her dinner or medications.  

Whatever the cause, car fires happen,,, I'm wary, that simple.  

www.nfpa.org  U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 152,300 automobile fires per year in 2006-2010. These fires caused an average of 209 civilian deaths, 764 civilian injuries

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/11/video-dodge-durango-catches-fire-during-d-c-cherry-blossom-par/#continued

Sorry for the hijack OP.  Back to bashing moonbat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Pretty much every car has a shift inter lock so the brake has to be applied to move it from park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, dangerous.Like he could have hit it in drive or something.

Stop using facts when arguing with moonbats. It's not fair.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that how your little fantasy plays out in your head?  

In reality it seems to be the police levy a fine on the idiot that left their dog in the car.  I suppose that is at the discretion of the officer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am sick and tired of these fucking idiots.  I used to go everywhere with my dog......guess what ?  She never fucking roasted in the car.

Now......if I leave the damn dog in the car.......I have to deal with some fat-assed-whore reading me the riot act when I return to the car.  

One time, this land-whale and her BOYFRIEND were waiting for me at my car when I arrived with my groceries.  She proceeded to lecture me on why i shouldn't leave my dog in the car....and she was not being very polite.  I made eye contact with the BF, and I could see the look in his eyes was emabarasment, shame, and a plea for me not to retort with the obvious.........something like....I can see that is why your BF is taking you in the store and not leaving you out in the car.  I bit my tongue, only out of pity for the poor sap who had to go home with that sow.  He looked back as they walked off and gave me an appreciative nod.....he knew what I did for him....it was all too obvious.

Fuck those people.

Furthermore.....was there EVER a time when dogs were dropping like flies from roasting in cars ?  I doubt it.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/drsalee/bb2.jpg
View Quote

Shame on you!

The sign says "Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only!"

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

As long as you had the A/C on I have no issue with this.

I have an issue when I go to get breakfast and it is in the 80s and I see a dog in the car with the windows cracked. I fucking went inside and announced loudly if they didn't get their ass out there the cops WOULD be coming.

I don't understand why people insist on taking their dog places and leave them in the car for extended periods of time. 10 minutes max. And you better have the fucking air on during hot days.
View Quote
This....

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've left my huge black hunting dogs in the cab, w/ AC running, and people have approached my truck.

They back away real fast, tho, for some reason.   My pack lets busybodies get real close, before they go crazy! (insert idiotic passive-aggressive icon here)
View Quote

Then park in the back 40......... I fooking hate people with unruly Kids or Dogs.........

We're out for a nice peaceful day & have to listen to your crappy dogs while trying to load the groceries in the car......
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That depends on the State, some States treat it the same as leaving a Kid in a hot car............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you enjoy your charges.
Dogs are not people.

That depends on the State, some States treat it the same as leaving a Kid in a hot car............

Well, thats stupid.
And so is anyone who would force entry into a car for a dog without cause.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You're so tough.

It's 91 at dawn down here right now. Most people are bright enough to do what OP did, but we've still got dumbfucks baking kids & pets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.

You're so tough.

It's 91 at dawn down here right now. Most people are bright enough to do what OP did, but we've still got dumbfucks baking kids & pets.

Has nothing to do with "tough".
Its a statement of fact.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I don't feel bad for the OP because, regardless of how long he was gone, he invited the moonbat into his life by leaving his dog inside his vehicle on a hot day. Not to say I wouldn't have done the same exact thing, but by doing so, he invited "the man" into his life, even if "the man" was a moonbat.
View Quote

No, moonbat invited herself in.
Op did nothing wrong or attention grabbing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#35]
It's amazing how easily people are influenced by the media these days.

Kids die in car, nothing new.. happens all of the time.  Makes national news.

Dogs die in cars, nothing new.. happens all of the time.  Makes national news but not first page.  It's all over the local news from time to time about people saving pets in cars.

People start frothing at the mouth over something that they were already aware was a problem to begin with.

It's obvious that the TV is giving marching and thinking orders to the American public.  All it takes is a little drama, a sense of righteous behavior, a perceived outlet and the drones go to work.

No doubt she votes as a Democrat.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Should have rolled coal.  Wait, gasser nvm.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's exactly what the police do here. And this has already happened, on more than one occasion.  No charges were filed against the glass breaker. Charges were filed against the dog owner.

You're right. Dogs are not people. That's why we don't expect them to know how to open the car door when they get too hot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.

That's exactly what the police do here. And this has already happened, on more than one occasion.  No charges were filed against the glass breaker. Charges were filed against the dog owner.

You're right. Dogs are not people. That's why we don't expect them to know how to open the car door when they get too hot
good for you.
Glass breaker got lucky.
Here you will likely be charged with damage to property.
Its not yours, don't touch it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Happy dog in air conditioned car, no problem.
Happy dog in shut off car on a cool day or windows down, no problem.

Suffering dog in a hot, closed car, person will be missing a window or two and have the cops to contend with.
View Quote

Snort !!

Wouldn't that be something if the dog then attacked you and you had to kill it ???
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Snort !!

Wouldn't that be something if the dog then attacked you and you had to kill it ???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suffering dog in a hot, closed car, person will be missing a window or two and have the cops to contend with.

Snort !!

And then get firearms charges on top of it!
Like I said, stupid.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Kind of like people who can't spell 'fool's'.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Animal cruelty/abuse has nothing to do with political views.
It's a matter of right or wrong, animal abusers are simply wrong, if not straight forward felons.
I'm a conservative and I'll break a car window anytime I see a dog in a heated car. The owner can sue me for the window repair, but I'll guarntee he/she will be charged with animal cruelty. I'll be the first one to call the cops, and let the judge decide.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do you feel 'cool' fucking with me about it?

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't count on it, no DA in a right frame of mind would charge somebody who saved a dog from dieing a slow painful death, it'll be most likely the other way around.
The owner can sue in a civil court, but will lose and end up paying more.
It's fairly simple. the prson leaving a dog in a heated car is commiting a crime, don't expect the law to protect him.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Like I said, stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snort !!

Like I said, stupid.

Sorry. I shoulda finished the thought.  I'm right there with ya'.

Seriously Folks.  Why would you risk the unnecessary drama if all ya' gotta do is call the Laws and have them do their job ?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't count on it, no DA in a right frame of mind would charge somebody who saved a dog from dieing a slow painful death, it'll be most likely the other way around.
It's fairly simple. the prson leaving a dog in a heated car is commiting a crime, don't expect the law to protect him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one of the things wrong with our legal system today.

I love animals.  I go out of my way to take care of any business that isn't running inside a C-store to get smokes before I have my dog in my car.

Destruction of private property is still destruction of private property.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I was in town I wouldn't get smashy unless I thought it was an emergency, but I would call a cop to do it for me. In NY a cop or dog warden can remove a dog from a hot car without facing any liability.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It takes a village
View Quote

It takes a village idiot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

dingbots
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
good for you.
Glass breaker got lucky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs are not people.

good for you.
Glass breaker got lucky.

Interestingly Minnesota is one state that specifically enumerates misdemeanor charges for an owner who leaves a dog in a car unattended, and provides for reasonable force to remove a dog in danger that has been left unattended, albeit by a set list of individuals.

I can't help but think that pursuing property damages against someone who claimed they saw a dog in distress and acted in the dog's best interest wil not go very far.

I don't know why this strikes some people on here as a new thing.  They've been frying eggs on dashboards in the summertime to warn against the dangers of unattended occupants for as long as I can remember.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and presume they know better than to leave animals/people in a hot car unattended, yet arfcom once again proves me wrong.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top