BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hear you!  I was raised by my grandfather so I got the pin dropped when I said It was colder than a witches tit on a fast broom.    I was in the 2nd grade and had no idea what it meant.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When our daughter was 7 or 8, my wife and I got a call from the principal of our daughters school. She and the teacher wanted to see us about some horrible thing our daughter had said to another girl.

The four of us sit down in the office and the teacher says, "Do you know what your daughter said today?"

"No, that's why we're here."

"She asked a little girl if her face hurt. When the girl said no your daughter said 'Well, it's killing me.'

<--- me "Yeah?"

"Do you know where she heard that?"

"Yeah, from me. I tell her that all the time."

Much ado about nothing.

lol the shit people get bent out of shape about.  
No kidding, my 6 year old son was asked why he was giggling and he said because he cut the cheese.  Evidently his teacher hadn't heard the expression before he was sent to the office and I was called down.  When I heard why I said seriously my son's the first 6 year old not to fart in school?  

I was in 6th grade and it was raining hard at school one day. So they canceled PE class. There was 3 classes that they would separate with dividers for different subjects throughout the day. But PE was the one thing that we did all together. So instead of PE the teachers decided to ask us what were some popular sayings.

Not knowing any better, I raised my hand and was called. I said "It's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock"..............pin drop

I was not called on anymore.

Things you pickup from your Dad I guess should stay between you and Dad.

Ed

I hear you!  I was raised by my grandfather so I got the pin dropped when I said It was colder than a witches tit on a fast broom.    I was in the 2nd grade and had no idea what it meant.

Are you my sister?

Ed

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Turns out girlfriend has been cheating on me.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:49:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
That sucks. Sorry buddy.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
When someone close to me lets others take advantage of them, over and over, I start to not care and actually get angry with them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:16:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh definitely in a better position now.

The shit she put me through wrecked my brain for a while. Ended up costing me a job. Sent me into bankruptcy. Cost me my NFA collection(sold it in an attempt to stay afloat - failed by the way)

Once I broke free of her bullshit I got a better job. Make more money now than I ever have before. Better girl too.

Life is good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was in a 3+ year relationship with a girl and it eventually went bad. Really bad. She became what I can only describe as verbally or mentally or emotionally abusive.

She would do and say anything and everything she could to get under my skin and upset me.

Highlights include

Telling me i should kill myself (several times and by the way my dad did kill himself...in front of me when I was 8 and she is aware of this)

Telling me she is going to go fuck random guys.

On and on other stuff the most vile and horrible things you could say to someone.

Why did it last 3 years? Because I'm an idiot. I believed in trying to fix things and get her help. I researched alcoholism and potential drug abuse as possible causes. Begged pleaded tried everything I could to get her to go back to the nice girl I first met. None of it worked. So I ejected.

She was a member here and I am told posted some pretty interesting threads while I was overseas and unable to view them.

Why am I posting this here?

She emailed me the other day (despite my multiple requests for her to stop contacting me) and informed me that she has breast cancer.

Here's the part where I am taking advantage of the no judging.

I do feel sorry for her and fuck cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, karma's a bitch.

Good on you for not wishing cancer on her. She will have to answer for her transgressions, but that doesnt mean you cant be a better person.

Glad you didn't take her advice, and glad you are out of the relationship. Sounds like you are better off.

The shit she put me through wrecked my brain for a while. Ended up costing me a job. Sent me into bankruptcy. Cost me my NFA collection(sold it in an attempt to stay afloat - failed by the way)

Once I broke free of her bullshit I got a better job. Make more money now than I ever have before. Better girl too.

Life is good.

Nice recovery man.  I remember that chick and at least one of her crazy threads she started.  

Do you think she honestly has cancer or it's another sad attempt to screw with you?  From what you said and her thread I saw, I'd venture to guess it's the later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice recovery man.  I remember that chick and at least one of her crazy threads she started.  

Do you think she honestly has cancer or it's another sad attempt to screw with you?  From what you said and her thread I saw, I'd venture to guess it's the later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was in a 3+ year relationship with a girl and it eventually went bad. Really bad. She became what I can only describe as verbally or mentally or emotionally abusive.

She would do and say anything and everything she could to get under my skin and upset me.

Highlights include

Telling me i should kill myself (several times and by the way my dad did kill himself...in front of me when I was 8 and she is aware of this)

Telling me she is going to go fuck random guys.

On and on other stuff the most vile and horrible things you could say to someone.

Why did it last 3 years? Because I'm an idiot. I believed in trying to fix things and get her help. I researched alcoholism and potential drug abuse as possible causes. Begged pleaded tried everything I could to get her to go back to the nice girl I first met. None of it worked. So I ejected.

She was a member here and I am told posted some pretty interesting threads while I was overseas and unable to view them.

Why am I posting this here?

She emailed me the other day (despite my multiple requests for her to stop contacting me) and informed me that she has breast cancer.

Here's the part where I am taking advantage of the no judging.

I do feel sorry for her and fuck cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, karma's a bitch.

Good on you for not wishing cancer on her. She will have to answer for her transgressions, but that doesnt mean you cant be a better person.

Glad you didn't take her advice, and glad you are out of the relationship. Sounds like you are better off.

Life is good.

I am in the same position with her cancer as I am with religion in general.

I accept the possibility but for me to believe it, I will have to see scientifically tested peer reviewed proof.

Hasn't happened yet
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

So sorry to hear, do your best to hang in there.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sorely debating downloading The Fappening once the archives are complete.

Edit:  So it turns out there are some underage celebs in the gallery.  So nope, nope, nopity nope.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm sorely debating downloading The Fappening once the archives are complete.
View Quote

Is that the celeb nude gallery?  I saw some of it.  Saw Elisha Cuthbert with a man all up inside her.  Ruined the wholesome view I had of her.

Jennifer Lawrence has some nice chesticles, though.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I sometimes think of getting out of tactical guns entirely and ignoring the politics of it so that I can just go back to blissfully enjoying life, rather that worrying every day will be the day that it all comes unglued and I'm officially labeled an enemy of the state.  I could concentrate on weight lifting and playing in my band and working on my company, and not have a constant rain cloud over my head.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I sometimes think of getting out of tactical guns entirely and ignoring the politics of it so that I can just go back to blissfully enjoying life, rather that worrying every day will be the day that it all comes unglued and I'm officially labeled an enemy of the state.  I could concentrate on weight lifting and playing in my band and working on my company, and not have a constant rain cloud over my head.
View Quote
I really miss how little I knew before joining this site.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish I could go back as a kid and unlearn a bunch of shit. Than I could just go through life blissfully ignorant. No shit. Somedays I really do.

Ed

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#14]
It does start to wear on a person who sees all of the constant daily attacks on our personal freedoms. It is literally something else every single day, and you always have that fear that another "big one" is going to happen as far as a mass shooting at a school or something, and it will be "the one" to push things over the edge.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:45:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I wish I could go back as a kid and unlearn a bunch of shit. Than I could just go through life blissfully ignorant. No shit. Somedays I really do.

Ed

View Quote

A couple days ago, when I was walking my dag, I smelled something good, but not something that others would say smelled good. It had a scent of deja vu. I realized it was a pecan tree. As an anklebiter, there was a pecan tree in my backyard. I spent many hours of the day playing in the dirt and on top of the old cellar next to that tree. Rain made it smell even better back there.

Then I thought "What are the other smells of my childhood?". At that time, my parents, who were smokers, were fixing up a neighboring house before we moved into it. Until recently, I kinda liked the lingering after-scent of secondhand smoke. Pine always smells good, but, especially when combined with cigarette smoke, it hits me in the feels.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:55:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

A couple days ago, when I was walking my dag, I smelled something good, but not something that others would say smelled good. It had a scent of deja vu. I realized it was a pecan tree. As an anklebiter, there was a pecan tree in my backyard. I spent many hours of the day playing in the dirt and on top of the old cellar next to that tree. Rain made it smell even better back there.

Then I thought "What are the other smells of my childhood?". At that time, my parents, who were smokers, were fixing up a neighboring house before we moved into it. Until recently, I kinda liked the lingering after-scent of secondhand smoke. Pine always smells good, but, especially when combined with cigarette smoke, it hits me in the feels.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ed

One smell that truly takes me back to another time is cow shit and hay/alfalfa (no joke). Grew up on ranches and farms.

Everytime I drive by a feedlot or a fresh cut field, I just think about my Father and me at a livestock auction or bucking hay (me not him )

Ed

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#17]
A lot of time I really wish a was a little more stupid, not short bus but just average.

That and I learned recently that I have no idea how to flirt, or that a girl is flirting with me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

A lot of time I really wish a was a little more stupid, not short bus but just average.

That and I learned recently that I have no idea how to flirt, or that a girl is flirting with me.
View Quote

God given gifts are never a mistake.
She will have a slight smile & her eyes will be sparkling when she talks to you.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

As I've gotten older, I've realized many opportunities I missed because I wasn't seeing signs
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She will have a slight smile & her eyes will be sparkling when she talks to you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I didn't see that, apparently my friends did. But I didn't.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Find a way to speak with her again, notice the body language more then anything else; it will never steer you wrong.  Women are a little more subtle but it is visible if you take the time to notice.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That and I learned recently that I have no idea...that a girl is flirting with me.
View Quote

Me and you both, brother.  I am Captain Oblivious most of the time.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Find a way to speak with her again, notice the body language more then anything else; it will never steer you wrong.  Women are a little more subtle but it is visible if you take the time to notice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What body language?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What body language?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What body language?

She'll engage you in conversation with a smile & will move closer in small increments.  This is cliche  but look out for slight flips of her hair or tucking in her bangs, will want to keep you talking.  Off the charts smart people sometimes miss the small stuff, attention to detail is the key with women.  Oh & btw, they love extremely intelligent men.  Nothing is more attractive that being intellectually stimulated, puts us into a daze.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What body language?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What body language?

You can do this, but it takes practice and you have to be willing to take chances and fail. Its uncomfortable and scary, but its worth it.

Make friends with women, your friends can be great teachers and provide guidance. Listen to MissBeheaven and the other ladies of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#26]
You can do it Tim, engage her in small talk a few times, if she's receptive ask her out for a coffee/ice tea or something.  As Billy said you can do it, it's easy to spot if a girl doesn't like you & is filled with contempt.  If she's talking to you & smiling, finding excuses to touch your arm or hand ever-so-lightly you are GTG my friend.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Life t me is becoming a chore. I am tired of the day to day dog and pony bullshit of home and work. I am envious of the people who have happy marriages and work through their problems unlike what I have to deal with. I use to have a great friend back home who I would be accountable to and would be able to talk to but I don't have that and when I do run to someone i get told, don't air the problems.
I need adventure in my life and this routine is killing me slowly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I started watching Say Yes To The Dress on TLC with a GF, and now sometimes I watch it by myself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You can do this, but it takes practice and you have to be willing to take chances and fail. Its uncomfortable and scary, but its worth it.

Make friends with women, your friends can be great teachers and provide guidance. Listen to MissBeheaven and the other ladies of Arfcom.

View Quote

FIFY

Tim, if you get a date or have ?'s don't hesitate to IM me, will assist in anyway I can to calm your nerves. There are plenty of other ladies here in the family that will assist as well.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Life t me is becoming a chore. I am tired of the day to day dog and pony bullshit of home and work. I am envious of the people who have happy marriages and work through their problems unlike what I have to deal with. I use to have a great friend back home who I would be accountable to and would be able to talk to but I don't have that and when I do run to someone i get told, don't air the problems.

View Quote

Not all of us get the white picket fence in life.

Hang in there Bravo, you woke up on the right side of the dirt today.  Please try to find joy in the small stuff until things improve.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

FIFY

Tim, if you get a date or have ?'s don't hesitate to IM me, will assist in anyway I can to calm your nerves. There are plenty of other ladies here in the family that will assist as well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

You are an Angel darling, I was bless to have friends such as you when I needed it most. They took me under their wings and led, guided, and supported me and led back amongst the living.

Tim don't be picky, get practice wherever you can. Just because you engage with them and talk or socialize, doesn't mean you have to have a serious relationship with them.

Don't fall in love, its easy to fool yourself and get in too deep too quick as you seek to fill the vacuum.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Here's my attempt to humor you from the episode "A Dog and Pony Show".

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had that problem till I decided to quit fretting over the small shit. Then I realized it's all small shit.
You gotta take time for you. I do something I like to do at least every couple of weeks. I may go shooting, driving around the countryside, go to a few garage sales, or sit around doing absolutely nothing productive. I make time to do what I want to do.
I have also learned that I work to live. I don't live to work. At 5 P.M. every day I leave the job at work. I don't even think about it again until I walk in that door at 7:30 the next morning. It's the constantly having it on your mind that will drag you down.

Life's too short not to enjoy some of it along the way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:30:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That and I learned recently that I have no idea...that a girl is flirting with me.

I used to have that problem. No more though.

Being a slightly overweight, middle aged, engineer with anti-social tendencies has removed any question.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Being a slightly overweight, middle aged, engineer with anti-social tendencies has removed any question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have caught on at some point.  You're married, aren't ya?

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the other arfcom thread , slightly overweight is a panty dropper now

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm surprised, if the GOP (and many in GD) had their way they would jam you deep into the closet and weld the door closed.  Fucking shameful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a little pone?

Arfcommer Little Pony who is my fiance

But...but...GAYS can't be conservative gun owners!?

You must make many arfcommers heads explode in confusion.

There are quite a few of us here.

I'm surprised, if the GOP (and many in GD) had their way they would jam you deep into the closet and weld the door closed.  Fucking shameful.

Really? Are you sure you aren't the hate monger?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Truth: brother will be on tv next week for a reality show lol. Can't imagine how he's going to act.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't nurture friendships, so I lose friends pretty quickly. I don't like that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

The key to a happy marriage;

Say 'I love you' a lot

Make her laugh

Make her smile - a lot because you love seeing it

Do things for her - because they make you happy too

Don't get pissed about buying shoes/clothes - she needs them

Make her feel like she is the most precious thing in the world - because she is

Tell her she is beautiful

Tell her she is pretty

Tell her she is your soul mate

Buy her jewelry just for the hell of it - trust me

That's not all. But it will get you started on Day One.
Ed

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Mr. Ed has abundant wisdom for those willing to listen.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a difference between then and now.

Back then I was skinny with a nice new car and plenty of disposable income.

Oh well.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing worse than when chicks flirt with me
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, yes we know you are gay. Give it a fucking rest.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oh well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well.

Eh, I bet you could still pull tail if you were single.  We'll see how it goes when we move to FL.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you.

I learned it all due to my Wife's smile. The most beautiful sight in the world.

Ed

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thank you.

Ed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Ed

you speak the truth.

I will do damn near anything to get a smile out of my girlfriend, or to make her laugh. It goes a long way to solving problems (by preventing them)

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2d/b0/5e/2db05e345a1c45b24382f872147b2375.jpg

It is awful
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Reading this thread gives me about 9,452 things to be introspective about in my own life, from the good to the bad.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top