Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How did the tongue turn out?  Never tried it but would give it a shot?  Did the old man enjoy dinner?

Hope you receive the replacement hammer in mail today?  Happy joy joy, a package waiting in the mail just for you Mr. Wolf!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought a bunch of tongue today, because it was in the "on sale RIGHT NOW before it spoils" part of the meat section for less than a buck a pound.
I am tossing it in the pressure cooker and making Lengua tamales and not telling the S/O what is in them... because he won't eat them if he knows.

How did the tongue turn out?  Never tried it but would give it a shot?  Did the old man enjoy dinner?

Hope you receive the replacement hammer in mail today?  Happy joy joy, a package waiting in the mail just for you Mr. Wolf!

It came out good, and he enjoyed it (but I didn't clue him in either).

And the hammer DID come in the mail today! I can stop using my sheetmetal shears for a hammer to beat shit into submission. Made my (long) day so much better
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My best friends ever are people I go long periods without speaking to.

I'm an introvert, so that comes natural to me, and we're separated by long distances.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:41:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm an introvert, so that comes natural to me, and we're separated by long distances.

View Quote

same here
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

same here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same here

In my fifty some years on this rock I have met a lot of people and some have become friends for a short while,some longer.
There are only two that I can call true friends, I met them both in 4th grade.
One I would have no worries about calling at 2am asking for bail money and he would do the same.
The other I would not call because if I did something stupid enough to need bail he would be sitting right next to me.
I feel blessed to have over 40 years of friendship with these guys.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've shoot a lot of F/A. But the one I'm in love with is the Thompson. Getting 6 Cops lined up and all of a sudden you all think your back in Prohibition working for Al Capone on Valentines Day.

None of the modern day guns ever gave me that big of a smile.

Ed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My F/A experience is very limi.
d.  But as fun as it was, I don't see myself ever getting into personally owning any, when I get back to free America.  Now suppressors?  Yes, please.

and SBR's

the most useful things.

I think it might be cool to have a full auto .22 or 9mm, just for giggles, but only if it was  a matter of buying the gun and stamp, not the without the artificially inflated costs associated with a stupid ban >:(.

I actually had "...and short barrels" in my post before submitting it.  But when I thought about it, the Sig brace would probably fill that SBR itch for me.  The F/A I shot was a 10" barreled Colt Commando.  Barrel length didnt really do much for me.  I have a 14.5" with a pinned comp to make 16".  Feels plenty short enough for me, personally

Suppressors would be more to my liking.  My experience with them is just as limited, but I liked it enough to want some of my own.

But I do want a Serbu Super Shorty, just for shits and giggles.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I've shoot a lot of F/A. But the one I'm in love with is the Thompson. Getting 6 Cops lined up and all of a sudden you all think your back in Prohibition working for Al Capone on Valentines Day.

None of the modern day guns ever gave me that big of a smile.

Ed

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate that about myself. Hell, it's been over six months since I visited Dad. And that's shameful.

It just seems like I'm constantly dog paddling just to keep up with everyday life at the house, with the wife and kids and with my customers at the shop.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:00:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I play the penny whistle as (part of) my living
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Today I caught myself right in the middle of throwing a pretty nasty racial epithet at somebody. People cry about how horrible and racist racial stereotyping is. However, when you spend EVERY DAY hitting every single fucking negative point on your particular racial stereotype - and make life miserable for others as a result - I am going to have to call a spade a goddamn spade.

I almost feel bad about it. Almost. It was a rough day.

Thankfully I caught myself in the mid-rant, and avoided a racism claim from a complete shitbag who does ZERO work RIGHT before he fucked up and called the builder at our site "an anal retentive lame motherfucker" while the builder was right behind him. Problem solved.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes someone needs do be hit with a hammer.  i don't advise doing it , no good will come from it , but sometimes it needs to be done.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sometimes someone needs do be hit with a hammer.  i don't advise doing it , no good will come from it , but sometimes it needs to be done.
View Quote

That 21 oz Hart would put a stop to some bullshit REAL quick. I DID think about it a few times. Nothing like a waffle print on the forehead.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a gun store lackee.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That 21 oz Hart would put a stop to some bullshit REAL quick. I DID think about it a few times. Nothing like a waffle print on the forehead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think about my favorite framing hammer every once in awhile. It was old school, wooden handle 28 oz'er. Of course this being 1977, everything was old school.

I built a combo storage/well house for us. It was 20x10. Finished the inside with plywood so you could hang stuff from anyplace you wanted. Dad got out of the VA Hospital and thought it was pretty good.

Was cleaning up and couldn't find my framing hammer. Than it dawned on me that I had sealed it up inside the wall behind the water tank and there was no way to get it out.

I never did buy another one that felt as good as that one.
Ed

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Shooting isn't fun anymore. I'd rather be at the gym or out fishing than be at the range.

ETA, but window shopping for guns at the LGS is as fun as it always has been.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#14]
So I just bought a geissele s3g and ap customs 2x3 shotshell carrier that I blame on makers mark.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:41:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So I just bought a geissele s3g and ap customs 2x3 shotshell carrier that I blame on makers mark.
View Quote
I've been put on gun probation by the fiance. No gun stuff until after next November after the wedding

Budgets be killing me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Shooting isn't fun anymore. I'd rather be at the gym or out fishing than be at the range.

View Quote

Shooting would be fun (well, more fun) if I didn't have to remind 13ers and dumbfucks about the 4 Rules almost constantly while at the range.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Try skeet shooting. I found it to be a lot of fun and ammo is available and cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Try skeet shooting. I found it to be a lot of fun and ammo is available and cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know I think I'll try that. I don't know much about shotguns but I do have an old 50's era Wingmaster given to me by my Dad.

Makes sense to try it out, dumping 30 rounds at a time into a piece of steel isn't rewarding when you look at the ground and see a huge pile of dimes instead of brass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You know I think I'll try that. I don't know much about shotguns but I do have an old 50's era Wingmaster given to me by my Dad.

Makes sense to try it out, dumping 30 rounds at a time into a piece of steel isn't rewarding when you look at the ground and see a huge pile of dimes instead of brass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's the ONLY reason I own a shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Shooting would be fun (well, more fun) if I didn't have to remind 13ers and dumbfucks about the 4 Rules almost constantly while at the range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your not alone.

I was a Range Officer for awhile (taking care of Mom finally became to much). The noobs not giving a fuck/lack of knowledge about the 4 Rules was non-stop. Of course throw in Grandpa that had been shooting since WW1 and it was a no wonder nobody gave a shit. And it's not a matter of education. The people that want to learn listen to you when you tell them the rules and show them the basics. The idiots just keep on with their bullshit.
Ed

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Are you an elementary teacher?

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The USAF Band, duh.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Your not alone.

I was a Range Officer for awhile (taking care of Mom finally became to much). The noobs not giving a fuck/lack of knowledge about the 4 Rules was non-stop. Of course throw in Grandpa that had been shooting since WW1 and it was a no wonder nobody gave a shit. And it's not a matter of education. The people that want to learn listen to you when you tell them the rules and show them the basics. The idiots just keep on with their bullshit.

Ed

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your not alone.

Ed

Truth well spoken right there!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Earlier today, I painted the missus and my xbox controllers to match a video game that comes out in a month.  I'm looking forward to see how the clear coat cures out.

This is the most excitement I've had in my life in almost a year.

Edit:  One of the HTF guys pointed out that they look good and I should consider selling modded controllers.  Going to see how much cases cost.  If I can pull that off, incoming money is a good thing.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been put on gun probation by the fiance. No gun stuff until after next November after the wedding  

Budgets be killing me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budgets be killing me.

Yeah, I am holding off until spring from my birthday in July. No guns, ammo or prepping supplies. Need to save up for another car and have some banked money for when me and Little Pony get hitched and he moves in in April.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Earlier today, I painted the missus and my xbox controllers to match a video game that comes out in a month.  I'm looking forward to see how the clear coat cures out.

Edit:  One of the HTF guys pointed out that they look good and I should consider selling modded controllers.  Going to see how much cases cost.  If I can pull that off, incoming money is a good thing.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/229/5/c/destiny__hunter_controller_by_aknorthpolar-d7vl1cx.jpg
View Quote

Nice

Ed

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/229/5/c/destiny__hunter_controller_by_aknorthpolar-d7vl1cx.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30099/64910.GIF

Nice

Ed

Thanks Ed  I'll be honest and say I'm surprised as hell they came out that nice with just rattle can work.  Kind of nice to have something work out for once this year lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am holding off until spring from my birthday in July. No guns, ammo or prepping supplies. Need to save up for another car and have some banked money for when me and Little Pony get hitched and he moves in in April.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budgets be killing me.

I put myself on probation, goal is to have 25k in the savings account within the next 4 years so I can build my own house.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks Ed  I'll be honest and say I'm surprised as hell they came out that nice with just rattle can work.  Kind of nice to have something work out for once this year lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice

Ed

if you can, get clear shells,and paint on the inside. idk how the halves mate together (if the top snaps onto the bottom or attaches with screws) but any time that's possible it should be the preferred method.

looks good!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

if you can, get clear shells,and paint on the inside. idk how the halves mate together (if the top snaps onto the bottom or attaches with screws) but any time that's possible it should be the preferred method.

looks good!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice

Ed

looks good!

Ideally, that would be the way to go.  On the xbox 360 controllers, all the housing for the buttons, sticks, etc are molded into the shell though.  Kind of a pain in the ass IMO.  I'm going to see about picking up a few shells to see if they sell.  Here's hoping.

I'm actually impressed by the final layout of the controllers.  Only mistake I made was to touch the clear coat before it set completely.  Buffed it out, but definitely need to let it cure longer before handling next time.

Edit:  So I'm going to be picking up 6 cases off Amazon here soon.  Cost wise, I'll be in about $12 each by the time they are completed.  If I can consistently put them out at $30 each, I'll be kicking ass.  As a bonus, the come with button sets that I can easily convert  into "bullet buttons" with fired 9mm cases.  4x buttons retail for $15+shipping usually.  Going to take the sets to the launch of Destiny on the 9th (new massive game by the guys that made Halo) and see how fast they go.

And the final setup on the controllers kick ass, although mine (green one) is a tad rougher since I had to strip the prototype paint off.

Thanks for the ideas guys.  Hell, I've been needing a way to make money from home for a while.  Might be it if all goes well.  A couple bucks would go far.  Will probably need to invest in a cheap vinyl cutter if it takes off though lol.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#31]
While playing a kids card game with my sister and nephew, where you answer questions on the cards, the question "What makes you happy?" came up.  I said "Boobiiiiiies!" and now any time I ask my nephew "What makes Uncle Dan happy?", he says "Boobiiiiiiies!".  He's 4.  My sister says that if he repeats it at daycare, she's going to kill me.

This is why I shouldn't have kids.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

While playing a kids card game with my sister and nephew, where you answer questions on the cards, the question "What makes you happy?" came up.  I said "Boobiiiiiies!" and now any time I ask my nephew "What makes Uncle Dan happy?", he says "Boobiiiiiiies!".  He's 4.  My sister says that if he repeats it at daycare, she's going to kill me.

View Quote

My nephew used to tell girls in grade school he was going to kick them in the 'nutz'.

I think he got it mixed up listening to my Brother and me talking.

Ed

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just awesome.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#34]
When our daughter was 7 or 8, my wife and I got a call from the principal of our daughters school. She and the teacher wanted to see us about some horrible thing our daughter had said to another girl.

The four of us sit down in the office and the teacher says, "Do you know what your daughter said today?"
"No, that's why we're here."
"She asked a little girl if her face hurt. When the girl said no your daughter said 'Well, it's killing me.'
<--- me "Yeah?"
"Do you know where she heard that?"
"Yeah, from me. I tell her that all the time."
Much ado about nothing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

When our daughter was 7 or 8, my wife and I got a call from the principal of our daughters school. She and the teacher wanted to see us about some horrible thing our daughter had said to another girl.

The four of us sit down in the office and the teacher says, "Do you know what your daughter said today?"

"She asked a little girl if her face hurt. When the girl said no your daughter said 'Well, it's killing me.'

<--- me "Yeah?"

Much ado about nothing.

View Quote
lol the shit people get bent out of shape about.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<--- me "Yeah?"

Much ado about nothing.

No kidding, my 6 year old son was asked why he was giggling and he said because he cut the cheese.  Evidently his teacher hadn't heard the expression before he was sent to the office and I was called down.  When I heard why I said seriously my son's the first 6 year old not to fart in school?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

No kidding, my 6 year old son was asked why he was giggling and he said because he cut the cheese.  Evidently his teacher hadn't heard the expression before he was sent to the office and I was called down.  When I heard why I said seriously my son's the first 6 year old not to fart in school?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<--- me "Yeah?"

Much ado about nothing.

I was in 6th grade and it was raining hard at school one day. So they canceled PE class. There was 3 classes that they would separate with dividers for different subjects throughout the day. But PE was the one thing that we did all together. So instead of PE the teachers decided to ask us what were some popular sayings.

Not knowing any better, I raised my hand and was called. I said "It's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock"..............pin drop

I was not called on anymore.

Things you pickup from your Dad I guess should stay between you and Dad.
Ed

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have my old sergeant's stripes sown onto my bathrobe, so my wife doesn't steal it when we are getting out of the sauna or steam bath.  

Get your own robe!
View Quote

Nicely done, also commands respect in the  sauna. Cuts down on any nonsense.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have my old sergeant's stripes sown onto my bathrobe, so my wife doesn't steal it when we are getting out of the sauna or steam bath.  

Get your own robe!

But if he forgets his what's he look like. Running around in hers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your own robe!

There is a reason the missus keeps trying to steal Prof's robe.  Every time she puts hers on, he gets in a mood.

(In all seriousness, that is a good idea to do something like that DK.  I'll have to remember that one.)
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I was in 6th grade and it was raining hard at school one day. So they canceled PE class. There was 3 classes that they would separate with dividers for different subjects throughout the day. But PE was the one thing that we did all together. So instead of PE the teachers decided to ask us what were some popular sayings.

Not knowing any better, I raised my hand and was called. I said "It's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock"..............pin drop

Ed

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<--- me "Yeah?"

Much ado about nothing.

Ed

I hear you!  I was raised by my grandfather so I got the pin dropped when I said It was colder than a witches tit on a fast broom.    I was in the 2nd grade and had no idea what it meant.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sick of making less than $30k a year and I don't think when I finish college next semester it's gonna do me any good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Me either. She's barely above Kristen Stewart on my fuck-o-meter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think Emma Watson is even remotely close to as attractive as a lot of people think she is.

Yep. She's just average for any college campus outside of Mississippi.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I was in a 3+ year relationship with a girl and it eventually went bad. Really bad. She became what I can only describe as verbally or mentally or emotionally abusive.

She would do and say anything and everything she could to get under my skin and upset me.

Highlights include

Telling me i should kill myself (several times and by the way my dad did kill himself...in front of me when I was 8 and she is aware of this)

Telling me she is going to go fuck random guys.

On and on other stuff the most vile and horrible things you could say to someone.

Why did it last 3 years? Because I'm an idiot. I believed in trying to fix things and get her help. I researched alcoholism and potential drug abuse as possible causes. Begged pleaded tried everything I could to get her to go back to the nice girl I first met. None of it worked. So I ejected.

She was a member here and I am told posted some pretty interesting threads while I was overseas and unable to view them.

Why am I posting this here?

She emailed me the other day (despite my multiple requests for her to stop contacting me) and informed me that she has breast cancer.

Here's the part where I am taking advantage of the no judging.

I do feel sorry for her and fuck cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, karma's a bitch.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was in a 3+ year relationship with a girl and it eventually went bad. Really bad. She became what I can only describe as verbally or mentally or emotionally abusive.

She would do and say anything and everything she could to get under my skin and upset me.

Highlights include

Telling me i should kill myself (several times and by the way my dad did kill himself...in front of me when I was 8 and she is aware of this)

On and on other stuff the most vile and horrible things you could say to someone.

Why did it last 3 years? Because I'm an idiot. I believed in trying to fix things and get her help. I researched alcoholism and potential drug abuse as possible causes. Begged pleaded tried everything I could to get her to go back to the nice girl I first met. None of it worked. So I ejected.

She was a member here and I am told posted some pretty interesting threads while I was overseas and unable to view them.

She emailed me the other day (despite my multiple requests for her to stop contacting me) and informed me that she has breast cancer.

I do feel sorry for her and fuck cancer. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, karma's a bitch.

View Quote

Good on you for not wishing cancer on her. She will have to answer for her transgressions, but that doesnt mean you cant be a better person.

Glad you didn't take her advice, and glad you are out of the relationship. Sounds like you are better off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think Emma Watson is even remotely close to as attractive as a lot of people think she is.

Damn, I went to the wrong college
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Good on you for not wishing cancer on her. She will have to answer for her transgressions, but that doesnt mean you cant be a better person.

Glad you didn't take her advice, and glad you are out of the relationship. Sounds like you are better off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highlights include

Oh definitely in a better position now.

The shit she put me through wrecked my brain for a while. Ended up costing me a job. Sent me into bankruptcy. Cost me my NFA collection(sold it in an attempt to stay afloat - failed by the way)

Once I broke free of her bullshit I got a better job. Make more money now than I ever have before. Better girl too.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm sick of making less than $30k a year and I don't think when I finish college next semester it's gonna do me any good.
View Quote

I hear you there.  This last year before I got sick was my best year ever.  Squeaked by at 27k after incentives and bonuses.  Going to be lucky to make 10k this year.  Not where I wanted to be at 28 years old.

Hoping to start doing online courses if I can find a work from home job.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The shit she put me through wrecked my brain for a while. Ended up costing me a job. Sent me into bankruptcy. Cost me my NFA collection(sold it in an attempt to stay afloat - failed by the way)

Once I broke free of her bullshit I got a better job. Make more money now than I ever have before. Better girl too.

Life is good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highlights include

Life is good.

Well done sir.

Sometime you have to go through the valley to reach the summit.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top