Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont think having sex with a drunk woman who is outwardly willing qualifies as rape.

How would you know she is unwilling unless she communicates it?

If she says no, or tries to end it, and the man doesn't oblidge, then yeah, that is kinda rapey.

View Quote

And if she is falling down drunk or passing out drunk?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

statistics show that one in three women will be a victim of an assault in their lifetime
View Quote
Government statistics?

Statistics from universities?

Statistics from advocacy groups?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm going to be an insensitive asshole right now.

"Raped" or got drunk and regretted have sex the next day?
View Quote

THIS, or outright lied?

I'd say 50% of the women that I meet that I make it to that level of confidence with tell me that they were raped. Don't statistics show that most assaults/rapes happen at the hands of a father or immediate family member? Not a single woman has told me her father or immediate family member raped her. Call me insensitive but I'm skeptical, I think the large majority use it as an attention ploy.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Assuming there's not a rape wave in your family, why are you having "close" conversations of this nature with women you know socially?

Do you steer the conversations toward rape?

That, in and of itself, probably warrants a conversation between you and a professional.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of the women I know close enough for them to tell me, I would guess 1/3 have been raped at some point. You can see how it still affects them and pisses me off to no end. WTF is wrong with this world? If I have daughters, they will start learning how to shoot at an early age.
Assuming there's not a rape wave in your family, why are you having "close" conversations of this nature with women you know socially?

That, in and of itself, probably warrants a conversation between you and a professional.

Quite possibly the dumbest comment I've ever read in GD and that is saying something. Apparently you have never been seen by anyone as someone they could confide in, if anybody needs to see a professional....
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd daresay that most of those "rapes" were what I call regret rape where the female sleeps with someone voluntarily and then regrets her decision and twists it in her mind that she was somehow "raped.". Alcohol seems to play a pretty big part of it which isn't much of a surprise, especially when they are college age.

The other part of it is, once a female can claim she was "raped". whe can play the victim status forever. Nothing that goes bad in her life will ever be her fault, it will always be the "rapists" fault.

Total horseshit IMHO because it detracts from those females who are truly sexually assaulted and have serious mental or physical issues from it.
View Quote

Going with this and it's one of many reasons why I don't engage in casual sex.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quite possibly the dumbest comment I've ever read in GD and that is saying something. Apparently you have never been seen by anyone as someone they could confide in, if anybody needs to see a professional....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of the women I know close enough for them to tell me, I would guess 1/3 have been raped at some point. You can see how it still affects them and pisses me off to no end. WTF is wrong with this world? If I have daughters, they will start learning how to shoot at an early age.

Are you a licensed professional who can provide therapeutic options for people making these confidences?

If not, methinks you might have a strain of auditory voyeurism going on.  Or not.

It's weird that you have just so happened to have had a number of these conversations.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
People on this site seem to be proud of being pricks. By rape I mean by force, hope your daughters never go through this only to have idiots blame it on them.
View Quote

A rape by force is a VERY serious offense.

Unfortunately too many women jump on the 'rape bandwagon' and make it hard for the honest victims.

The sad part  is that most true rapes go unreported and most reported rapes are bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
People on this site seem to be proud of being pricks. By rape I mean by force, hope your daughters never go through this only to have idiots blame it on them.
View Quote

You could just have easily said:

And I hope your sons never have someone saddle them with "Sexual Predator" status and jail time because they made a questionable decision at a frat party and regrets it/rationalizes it.

There's two sides to this discussion.  Pointing that out doesn't make one "a prick."

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For what it's worth, and in his defense, every single woman who has ever told me something like that has volunteered it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, I am also curious as to whether you seek rape confidences of men who were raped.

Or do you just solicit such confidences from women?  

If so, do those women tend solely to be attractive women?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:16:42 AM EDT
[#12]
So hypothetically speaking here.  Lets say your at a party and drinking.  You drink a little too heavily and ask some guy if he knows where you can lay down.  He leads you to a room where you lay down.  Well while your passed out he decides your ass is too tempting and you never said you didn't want too so he goes for it.  Now when you wake up next to some dude and your ass hurts what you think?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS, sad but true. I am not naive, there are too many rapes, but way too many women use rape as an excuse for feeling better about being a slut. I am very cynical about this topic. It should piss off the real victims.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This.  Or boyfriend/hubby is .mil and deployed and cheats on him.  

From what I have experienced, these two are 95% of whats reported, and they say rape is under reported....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  Or boyfriend/hubby is .mil and deployed and cheats on him.  

From what I have experienced, these two are 95% of whats reported, and they say rape is under reported....
Had a friend when I was in the airforce that would come visit when she wanted to come to the beaches. I had hit in her a few times always turned down.   Well her and her long time boyfriend break up so she is all over me telling me she's wanted me since we met.  I wake up to her blowing me and at that point I go all in.  When she heads back to college and decides to get back with her boyfriend one of her friends tells her not to worry about our tryst as she can confidently tell her boyfriend it was rape.  See to her friend, if a woman has ever told a man no then if they later get down it could still be rape, regardless of the circumstances.  

What is disgusting is girls like that who overshadow and call doubt to the real rapes that happen.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Actually, I have had a similar experience with women, except it was they were molested as a child.
View Quote

Sadly these false stories end up making the real ones look less meaningful.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:18:23 AM EDT
[#16]
BS on your statistics.

I'm being generous as to saying probably 1 out of the 5 women that told you that were telling the truth. Again, that's being generous

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Define "rape."
View Quote

Yeah, I'm thinking that's kind of the key issue here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm more surprised by the statistics of men on the right that want to sit around in public and debate the merits of rape, rape-rape, legit rape, rapey-rape, and kinda-rape.

You should pay attention when a woman says that.  For better or worse, it's a litmus test.  Don't go about trying to root cause it.  You'll only look silly.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:20:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Consider getting them into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, preferably at a Gracie academy.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:21:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So hypothetically speaking here.  Lets say your at a party and drinking.  You drink a little too heavily and ask some guy if he knows where you can lay down.  He leads you to a room where you lay down.  Well while your passed out he decides your ass is too tempting and you never said you didn't want too so he goes for it.  Now when you wake up next to some dude and your ass hurts what you think?
View Quote
No doubt rape.  And there's no doubt that the scenario happens.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And whether or not he masturbated to orgasm after seeking out victims and initiating such a prurient discussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.  I'll bite. Give us the scenarios you were told.  Make sure to emphasize whether there was alcohol involved, whether they were on a date and what the police did to investigate.
And whether or not he masturbated to orgasm after seeking out victims and initiating such a prurient discussion.

The depths of your reaching/assumptions lead me to believe you are looking to project your demons. Please get help.

To answer frank, one situation a girl went to a bathroom at some party, guy followed, punched her and knocked her out, raped her. But hey she was drunk, so it's probably her fault. The fact that she attempted suicide afterwards was probably just annoy attention ploy before she was found by her parents and had her stomach pumped.

Another involved an acquaintance forcing himself into another girl's home and raping her against her will.  Had everything going for her, life spiraled down afterwards. Again probably just another ploy.

I could go on and on with the stories, but don't want to give bigusdickus any more fapping material.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, you never told us how you found out this information. You parking lot pimping at a rape shelter?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd agree, Of the women I know , 95% + don't get durnk  0  have been raped that I know of.

I do "know" a girl friend , of a friend of one of my kids, who will tell anybody she see's that she was raped. . . . . SOOO, makes me wonder
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:23:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well this is an enlightening thread

View Quote

Meh.....These happen about every two or three months.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:23:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Work emergency services for a while and yeah, you start to wonder how many are legitimate cases of rape.  Very sad but true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First sentence in first post nails it.

Work emergency services for a while and yeah, you start to wonder how many are legitimate cases of rape.  Very sad but true.

I knew of 4 reported on-campus rapes when I was in college.
two were found to be fabricated, the other two just didn't really show enough evidence for prosecution.
one of those girls was charged with filing a false report; the guy she accused ended up transferring, as the investigation went on for two weeks and he was totally smeared, even after she confessed that she'd made the whole thing up.
nonsense like that really hurts the legitimate reports of a crime.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm more surprised by the statistics of men on the right that want to sit around in public and debate the merits of rape, rape-rape, rapey-rape, and kinda-rape.
View Quote

Because this is a topic that can potentially affect men as well as women perhaps?

I have a son.  I am not looking forward to the day that I have to have this discussion with him.  Yet, I will have to-- if I want to prepare him for the world awaiting him.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The depths of your reaching/assumptions lead me to believe you are looking to project your demons. Please get help.

To answer frank, one situation a girl went to a bathroom at some party, guy followed, punched her and knocked her out, raped her. But hey she was drunk, so it's probably her fault. The fact that she attempted suicide afterwards was probably just annoy attention ploy before she was found by her parents and had her stomach pumped.

Another involved an acquaintance forcing himself into another girl's home and raping her against her will.  Had everything going for her, life spiraled down afterwards. Again probably just another ploy.

I could go on and on with the stories, but don't want to give bigusdickus any more fapping material.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok.  I'll bite. Give us the scenarios you were told.  Make sure to emphasize whether there was alcohol involved, whether they were on a date and what the police did to investigate.

So I'll take that as a "no" you don't seek rape revelations from men and unattractive women?

That's very interesting.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:32:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I know too many who were "really" raped.    I hate and loathe the people who do it enough that I'll cut some slack when I heard of it happening.   Changing your mind and screaming rape?  yeah, you should have the shit kicked out of you.    

But there's too damn much of the real stuff happening.  Seen it heading that way and stopped a couple of instances..

True rapists should be stuck in an empty grain bin with a starving badger.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:34:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I know too many who were "really" raped.    I hate and loathe the people who do it enough that I'll cut some slack when I heard of it happening.   Changing your mind and screaming rape?  yeah, you should have the shit kicked out of you.    

But there's too damn much of the real stuff happening.  Seen it heading that way and stopped a couple of instances..

True rapists should be stuck in an empty grain bin with a starving badger.
View Quote
We live in an era, comrades, where the definitions of words are being changed to further the aims of the revolution fundamental transformation of America.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
What the hell did you think was going to happen when you started this thread?

Go over to Oprah forums if you want a bunch of panty-waste hand wringing and successful penis-privilege guilt tripping over it.

In my experience, about half the women that SAY they were raped are full of shit. Drunks and regretting it the next day, feeling bad because they obviously (to those observing) traded sex for material goods. The other half are legit.  There's probably a bunch I don't know about I suppose.

Whatever.  I've never done it and if anything, women try to take advantage of me when I am drunk to pay for stuff.  I refuse to get all upset about something I can't control. I feel bad for the wrongs that _I_ do. That's it.  Grow up a bit and once you realize this your life will be much better.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:39:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Everyone wants to be a special snowflake. I don't think most real rape victims wouldn't say shit
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#32]
It's just not something I'd question if someone told me it happened to them.

I can say that in 11 years as a patrol cop in NYC shit-holes....

Out of 30-40 allegations of rape, for which, I was the responding officer,   THREE  were legit.

Later, as an investigator, working right across the hall from special victims....Lets just say that there was a SHIT LOAD of "legit", fucked up, disgusting, death-penalty (according to me) rape happening to everyone from INFANTS to 90 - year olds.

And that was just Manhattan.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
While I don't disagree with you, I ask you:

If you are drunk, are you capable of making an important decision? Meaning, would you enter into a business contract hammered? And if you did, and the other party was not drunk, is the other party taking advantage of you?

Most men equate rape with force...the law contends that is not the only definition of rape.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Because this is a topic that can potentially affect men as well as women perhaps?

I have a son.  I am not looking forward to the day that I have to have this discussion with him.  Yet, I will have to-- if I want to prepare him for the world awaiting him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm more surprised by the statistics of men on the right that want to sit around in public and debate the merits of rape, rape-rape, rapey-rape, and kinda-rape.

I'm all for giving my son the insight to avoid any hanky panky shenanigans, but  for the purposes of our and other public discussion, some of you guys are really tempted to walk through this minefield to find the nuggets of truth amongst the false allegations

I just steer clear.   Just let them women have the entire topic to themselves.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
While I don't disagree with you, I ask you:   If you are drunk, are you capable of making an important decision? Meaning, would you enter into a business contract hammered? And if you did, and the other party was not drunk, is the other party taking advantage of you?

Most men equate rape with force...the law contends that is not the only definition of rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I don't disagree with you, I ask you:   If you are drunk, are you capable of making an important decision? Meaning, would you enter into a business contract hammered? And if you did, and the other party was not drunk, is the other party taking advantage of you?

So if she's not sober enough to understand a Truth In Lending disclosure it's rape?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I know a girl who was raped.

She went to a bar with a friend. They met two guys there and let them buy many drinks. The drunken four went to the guys' house. They started making out. The guys started taking the girls clothes off and this girl said "no". The guy held her down and had sex with her.

She will forever have to live with this "rape".
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:51:24 AM EDT
[#37]
FPNI sad but true . lots of drunk sex becomes rape later
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens if the guy is drunk too?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit

You know a lot of drama queens and liars, not rape victims.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:53:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

She went to a bar with a friend. They met two guys there and let them buy many drinks. The drunken four went to the guys' house. They started making out. The guys started taking the girls clothes off and this girl said "no". The guy held her down and had sex with her.

View Quote

Mmmmm. That  would be rape if that's what happened.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So if she's not sober enough to understand a Truth In Lending disclosure it's rape?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please...I doubt most of ARFcom could understand one sober...
Point is, if you take advantage of a drunk woman, the law contends that it is rape.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:55:56 AM EDT
[#43]
This thread is too rapey, even for me.

I'm outta here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't say...I'm no lawyer. But, as we all know, there are degrees of drunk...

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it fits the legal definition, but it also fits the common definition of being a fuckin retard. IBTB Victim blaming, etc.....

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

iirc national studies said that 1/3 of women experience some type of sexual assault in their lifetime.

I don't recall how they defined sexual assault.

View Quote
I would say the Devil is in the details. But religion is the flowers that covers our chains, comrade.

In other words, you'd be hard pressed to find statistics in this day and age that are not designed to further an agenda that has larger implications than tracking crime.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Please...I doubt most of ARFcom could understand one sober...Point is, if you take advantage of a drunk woman, the law contends that it is rape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please...I doubt most of ARFcom could understand one sober...Point is, if you take advantage of a drunk woman, the law contends that it is rape.

I understand your point. The law should protect women from involuntary acts but not from rash and improvident decisions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are being realistic.   Some women lie about these things.

Google "Duke lacrosse team"

Suggestion:  Never assume that a woman claiming rape, sexual harassment or similar allegations against a guy is telling the truth. Always get factual info first.

Some women lie and men lose when that happens.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If you are drunk, are you capable of making an important decision? Meaning, would you enter into a business contract hammered? And if you did, and the other party was not drunk, is the other party taking advantage of you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is true, but then when is the woman so "drunk" that she cannot make the decision, versus the woman that is merely "drunk" and horny?

I am not so much arguing one way of the other, but playing devils advocate here.

Is there a test which men can administer to determine between the two states?

Sure, the extremes are easy. If she is falling down drunk and you don't hardly know her, that is (in one form or another) taking advantage of her.  Does that rise to the level of rape?  Kinda depends on how she feels when she sobers up--and that is a hell of an ambiguous way to have a law. But what if she only seems a little drunk, and is just into you?  How can you tell if the next day you will be charged?

If taking advantage of someone drunk is rape, then I have been raped by a woman.  She purposely got me hammered, and then got me into bed (long story and very boring).

Oh, and I have never gotten a woman drunk and then had sex with her.  As another poster said, it just won't feel right to me--but everyone has their own level of what constitutes taking advantage of someone--again, the extremes are easy, but that leaves a lot of gray area.  Going out to a bar and picking up some woman, you do it 100 times, the first 99 are fine, the last becomes a rape case--you can see why many men find this a very shaky area.

And how do you differentiate between the woman who was incapable of making the decision, and the one who merely regrets making a poor decision?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I understand your point. The law should protect women from involuntary acts but not from rash and improvident decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...I'll play...what if the girl was drunk and the guy took her keys from her purse and took her car out for a spin.

Did he steal her car?

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top