Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2014 10:09:57 PM EDT
Join and get a $20 gift card.
After I get the card it will end up costing me $9.95.

Other that the 4 payment plan and 5% off ammo, what are some of the other perks?
I appreciate GD's thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You could show the ladies your Buyers Club card and get laid?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You get a new toy catalog every 4-6 weeks. Some of it is crap, some of it is pretty good deal. I got 4 pairs of CARHART jeans for $17.00 per pair. Ok deals on ammo from time to time. Parts, optics and assorted AR/AK gear comes and goes, some good some not. Fairly good deals on surplus gear that works well for camping. I usually find enough stuff throughout the year to justify the membership. ymmv

Shortly, along will come the usual "it's all crap crew" because it's not Troy or some other Tier 1 brand. But if you review the catalogs carefully you can find decent deals, better than most people will ever really need or use. jmtcw
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I got enough coupons and discounts in the package to pay for my membership and the boots I ordered 3x. I let my membership lapse, but if you buy from them every once in a while it'd be worth it to join.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some discount coupons that expire next month.

If someone wants them i will pm them for free.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Back in the day when SG had deal on ammo, it was a benefit. Now, not so much.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You get a new toy catalog every 4-6 weeks. Some of it is crap, some of it is pretty good deal. I got 4 pairs of CARHART jeans for $17.00 per pair. Ok deals on ammo from time to time. Parts, optics and assorted AR/AK gear comes and goes, some good some not. Fairly good deals on surplus gear that works well for camping. I usually find enough stuff throughout the year to justify the membership. ymmv

Shortly, along will come the usual "it's all crap crew" because it's not Troy or some other Tier 1 brand. But if you review the catalogs carefully you can find decent deals, better than most people will ever really need or use. jmtcw
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess I'm one of those "Tier 1" guys.
Something about a company that independently certifies their components and has a lifetime warranty to boot.

I highly doubt I will buy many rifle components from SG.
I was thinking mostly for ammo.

And Troy?
Do you even GD bro?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They seem to have decent prices on steel cased.
I need some cheap steel case 9mm for a class, (don't want to worry about collecting my brass), and I need to start stockpiling 5.45.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sportsman's Guide has hookers?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Was it Sportsman's Guide that got in some trouble a few years ago for billing customers on goods they never ordered or purchased?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was it Sportsman's Guide that got in some trouble a few years ago for billing customers on goods they never ordered or purchased?
View Quote

Interdasting...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I have used these guys for a few years now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have used these guys for a few years now.
View Quote

Your feedback please.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

RIP OFF.

With the occasional decent deal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:14:38 AM EDT
[#16]
You'll be branded as a "dealer" and loose the benefit.

I've had a few bad experiences with them and think they act shady.  Haven't ordered anything from them in 10 years.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I've had a few bad experiences with them and think they act shady.  Haven't ordered anything from them in 10 years.
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:27:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I've ordered from them a few times, never a problem.  It's just that I can usually find what I want somewhere else for cheaper, even with their members price. In the chance they'd have what I'm looking for at the best price at that time I wouldn't be afraid to order from them again.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#19]
They must be desperate for new members. Intentionally burning a large percentage of your customer base has consequences.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:30:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I just with the stuff that showed up at my doorstep was half as good as it looked in their incessant emails ads.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Their catalogs are good bathroom reading but I rarely order from them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  I re-upped my membership in Nov right before the panic.  I'm still kicking myself.  Ammo deals on SG have been few and far between, and any of the real deals have sold out pretty quickly.   When my membership lapses I don't think I'm going to renew.  If there ever comes a time when ammo is so plentiful that distributors are really trying to push it out the door at fire sale prices then I might reconsider.  The 5% off ammo combined with members only "Free Shipping" offers makes a lot of sense if there's ammo at discount prices to purchase.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Something about a company that independently certifies their components and has a lifetime warranty to boot.

And Troy?
Do you even GD bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Troy?
Do you even GD bro?

Apparently my sarcasm was missed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Troy?
Do you even GD bro?

Where's your sarcasm face dude?

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck SG!!

Probably 10 years ago I bought the buyers club crap and immediately started buying a ton of stuff, mostly ammo. They called me and cancelled the membership without refund because they said my purchase patterns suggested I was a dealer, what the fuck. I told them they were welcome to come to my house to inspect all that I bought.

Fuck em, haven't bought a thing from em since.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone remember when they were the shit from 2000 to 2005 about online ammo? Best deal around.

$79 for 1000 wolf 7.62x39mm, shipped.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Like them on Facebook. They do daily deals and also updates for ammo and such. Their email is worth it just for deals and such.

They usually do free shipping once a month. However, with their lack of ammo in stock, this year has not been worth a membership. I had once prior to Shitstorm Sandy and it was very useful and got lots of good deals.

Aim, SGAmmo, Them and a few other places are the ones who always get my money for ammo deals.

SG with free shipping sometimes is still more than SGAmmo+Shipping. So you still have to know whats good CPR.

I stocked up a lot on shotgun and other old hunting caliber's this year that I could not find from WalMart. Got a case of their Ukraine ammo they were selling cheap. A case of Wolf that had free shipping. Just gotta be on your toes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this anything like the Dallas Buyers Club??
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Been a club member for years. I've never had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?

The list of their shit is too long to list...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top