User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm the owner of a small corp. I've paid over $56,000 in fuel this physical year. Last years fuel total was north of $90,000. My yearly vehicle registration is over $7,000. But this year I'll be buying another truck, so that number will increase around Aug. I paid more in federal taxes last year than I made, and I'm the highest paid employee of the corp. Don't fucking tell me about a piddly tax. You're talking out your ass, and haven't one fucking wit of a clue! Do you pay anywhere near this in taxes? Since you estimated my registration at a piddly $100, I'll go out on a limb and say that's what you pay and you have no idea what a real tax burden is. And since you guessed 3,000 lbs cars are doing damage to roads, I'm guessing you drive a 1993 Honada civic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really think your piddly gas tax and 100 dollar a year vehicle registration covers all that construction? Please tell me you don't honestly think that none of those funds come from the state general fund, which is paid into by cyclists who do indeed buy shit. Also, who are the ones causing the damage to the roads, leading to the need for repair in the first place? Is it bicycles, weighing in at 200 pounds with a fairly large rider, or is it a 3000+ pound car/truck?

Your figure for 3 bicycles on any given road in a day is also totally bunk. I see at least 3 people each way on my 4 mile commute to work in a span of 15 minutes. That would equate to hundreds over the course of a day.

I'm the owner of a small corp. I've paid over $56,000 in fuel this physical year. Last years fuel total was north of $90,000. My yearly vehicle registration is over $7,000. But this year I'll be buying another truck, so that number will increase around Aug. I paid more in federal taxes last year than I made, and I'm the highest paid employee of the corp. Don't fucking tell me about a piddly tax. You're talking out your ass, and haven't one fucking wit of a clue! Do you pay anywhere near this in taxes? Since you estimated my registration at a piddly $100, I'll go out on a limb and say that's what you pay and you have no idea what a real tax burden is. And since you guessed 3,000 lbs cars are doing damage to roads, I'm guessing you drive a 1993 Honada civic.

Just here to say it's your own damn fault for living in a fucked up, shit hole nanny state like CA to begin with.  Sorry...no sympathy...just like I have no sympathy for those who bitch about NY's taxes either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bicyclist with spandex have cars better than mine? Where is the deduction in that? How does that make sense? I'm not sure if you've seen what I drive, but it gets me from A to B.

You seemed to have missed my point. Take a two lane road. Send in a survey crew, a traffic control co, a grinder, three skippies, two graders, four compactors, eleven belly dump trucks, and an asphalt paver, 87 truckloads of base, and 23 loads of asphalt per mile to widen the road so some middle aged overweight guy in spandex can attempt to go into cardiac arrest on a $200 road bike from Wally World riding on the white line. I don't give a shit if he crashes. That has nothing to do with anything. Do you have a single clue what road construction costs? Who pays for that road construction? Your dads bike lic from the 70s doesn't go very far when it takes 15 million dollars of equipment and 1,200 man hours per linear mile of bike lane. This doesn't begin to cover the approval and clerical that goes on before construction starts. A road here will see 400-600 cars a day, but only 3 bicycles. Why are vehicle drivers being taxed for bike lanes?
View Quote

It means that those silly looking guys in the bodygloves probably have cars and pay to drive on the road as you do, and they probably are paying more to use it than you are. That's by the nature of their income, and what types of vehicles they usually have.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It means that those silly looking guys in the bodygloves probably have cars and pay to drive on the road as you do, and they probably are paying more to use it than you are. That's by the nature of their income, and what types of vehicles they usually have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bicyclist with spandex have cars better than mine? Where is the deduction in that? How does that make sense? I'm not sure if you've seen what I drive, but it gets me from A to B.

You seemed to have missed my point. Take a two lane road. Send in a survey crew, a traffic control co, a grinder, three skippies, two graders, four compactors, eleven belly dump trucks, and an asphalt paver, 87 truckloads of base, and 23 loads of asphalt per mile to widen the road so some middle aged overweight guy in spandex can attempt to go into cardiac arrest on a $200 road bike from Wally World riding on the white line. I don't give a shit if he crashes. That has nothing to do with anything. Do you have a single clue what road construction costs? Who pays for that road construction? Your dads bike lic from the 70s doesn't go very far when it takes 15 million dollars of equipment and 1,200 man hours per linear mile of bike lane. This doesn't begin to cover the approval and clerical that goes on before construction starts. A road here will see 400-600 cars a day, but only 3 bicycles. Why are vehicle drivers being taxed for bike lanes?

While I acknowledge many bicyclists also have cars and often nice ones, that actually has no merit towards their equal access to the roads on a bike that (typically) pays zero in insurance, fees, registration or contributes directly to the roads.

If I pay a great deal with my other vehicles in order to use the road, that doesn't mean that my bicycle is thusly more welcome, made for, or on equal footing financially or otherwise as a car. You might even make the case that society is subsidizing bicyclists with special lanes that they then do not get to use, so bicyclists are in the negative with direct contributions.

Maybe if everyone just paid an umbrella "road tax" by their income and any and all vehicles would be covered, but it doesn't work that way. I might make $10,000,000 a year and pay ungodly taxes, and own no vehicles at all. Or, I might only ride a bicycle, or I might have a fleet of 10,000lb trucks I hammer the roads with....but no matter, each vehicle contributes on its own use, each taxpayer pays separately for each the access to the roads...and the overall kitty pays for the upkeep that we all have access to.

I know, as a bicyclist, I pay nothing for my bike to be on the road and my car & truck fees and taxes do not make up for that fact, and I consider myself a guest that should respect that fact.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
that's some serious drag and weight when you're shaving your legs and doing an enema before the Saturday group ride.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's some serious drag and weight when you're shaving your legs and doing an enema before the Saturday group ride.

No one wants to lose a race, excuse me, group ride to the frozen custard joint because their anal tract was cluttered with just that one extra ounce of fecal matter.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one wants to lose a race, excuse me, group ride to the frozen custard joint because their anal tract was cluttered with just that one extra ounce of fecal matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything to win the county line sprint!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just here to say it's your own damn fault for living in a fucked up, shit hole nanny state like CA to begin with.  Sorry...no sympathy...just like I have no sympathy for those who bitch about NY's taxes either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really think your piddly gas tax and 100 dollar a year vehicle registration covers all that construction? Please tell me you don't honestly think that none of those funds come from the state general fund, which is paid into by cyclists who do indeed buy shit. Also, who are the ones causing the damage to the roads, leading to the need for repair in the first place? Is it bicycles, weighing in at 200 pounds with a fairly large rider, or is it a 3000+ pound car/truck?

Your figure for 3 bicycles on any given road in a day is also totally bunk. I see at least 3 people each way on my 4 mile commute to work in a span of 15 minutes. That would equate to hundreds over the course of a day.

Can you fucking read? Federal taxes there sport. I said nothing about state taxes. So tell me, what state has the cheapest federal taxes?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pretty much this here in CO too.

Some of the roads that they ride are ridiculous.  Blind curves.  Sandy shoulders that may be 4" in some places past the white paint.  Tight curves, rocky outcroppings where the road was blasted through a rock face, etc.  

I'm not sure which is worse, the fuckers going up the hill, or the bombers going down the hill so fast that they have to use the entire lane to stay vertical (choosing a racing line, vs a driving line).  35-40 mph sometimes.  5-7% grades.  It's insane.
View Quote

I stayed a summer in CO with my brother. I climbed the canyon roads and bombed back down, never had any trouble from the locals. I thought it was insanely fun; the switchbacks, oh my! WTF, vertical? 40+ Mph, hit the brakes and damn-near take a knee!

Quoted:
Again, I think this all comes down to common sense and courtesy.
View Quote

I totally agree. I may get carried away sometimes, but I'm always courtious and concious of safety.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I pull up on them and blow the fucking horn.  They have no right to block the road.  It's a hazzard.  Been there.
View Quote

I do the same damn thing.

A 2 ton truck vs them isnt much of a fight.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dick move. Portland is one of the top "bike friendly" cities in the US.
A bicyclist can run a red light/stop sign, get hit, and be found innocent...lawyers in wait to help these douche bags.

and I ride
View Quote

What pisses me off about PDX bicyclists, is that they scream and yell about giving them their "3 feet of space" when passing them, but mother of fuck they will split lane (not legal in Oregon) between cars with 2 inches on either side and that's just fine.  Follow the rules or get off the road.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Other than it's illegal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only see middle aged spandex clad men riding bikes in the road. What's wrong with the sidewalk like the women and kids use everyday without fail??

Other than it's illegal?

So is blowing through stops signs, riding through cross walks and splitting lanes.  That stuff doesn't seem to bother them at all.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ban bicycling on the street
View Quote

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

I encounter dumb-ass motorists nearly every day (driving), bicyclists not so much.  But they pay insurance and taxes! Or maybe not, but they still motorized, so mo' better. Fuck that!

I think the real question should be how to get rid of dickheads/dumbasses on the road. Never happen, need to perpetuate economy.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I encounter dumb-ass motorists nearly every day (driving), bicyclists not so much.  But they pay insurance and taxes! Or maybe not, but they still motorized, so mo' better. Fuck that!
I think the real question should be how to get rid of dickheads/dumbasses on the road. Never happen, need to perpetuate economy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ban bicycling on the street

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could institute a fine system where you're forced to have a plate under the rear seat with a number on it. If your number is called in to the spandex violator hotline with a sufficient number of complaints for asshat behavior, your fine is a 10lb weight block that must be adhered to your frame, then 10 more for the next infraction. That'll put the serious fucking crimp on asshat roadies...or they'll develop drumstick legs like a motherfucker.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I pull up on them and blow the fucking horn.  They have no right to block the road.  It's a hazzard.  Been there.

As a PSA to arfcomer's who think this is funny or appropriate: Most guys who ride $10,000.00 bikes for recreation wearing $1,000.00+ in clothing are not your local yokels anymore. These guys are Lawyers, Doctors, Hedge Fund Mgrs, or Dot com owners who know high powered lawyers. The vast majority are liberals who are more equal than others. They will fuck your shit up. YMMV. Subject to credit approval. Offer not available in Montana.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow, 8 pages of this crap? I am going to bet OP saw the bikes and turned around so that he was behind them and took a few phone pics. In a residential neighborhood where the speed limit is probably 25? I am sure they were out of your way in a few seconds. How pissed off do you get when you hit a red light? It is amazing how many people can be so miserable and upset over something so petty. All I'm saying is if this crap really upsets you I think you need to reevaluate your life.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Holy shit you quote the law that allows them to avoid surface hazards and photo them spreading out to avoid the two square holes cut in the pavement to access/repair water lines.  White jersey guy on the left is still pointing at them to warn his buddies as they fan out to avoid them (except that one poor dumb bastard who's standing up as he bounces through them).  Those holes are plenty big to blow out a bicycle tire if you hit them blind.

Looks like a shitty suburban road with so many patches and holes they can't ride in a straight line without damaging their bikes.  We have roads like that too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Florida Statute here.

5)(a) Any person operating a bicycle upon a roadway at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall ride in the lane marked for bicycle use or, if no lane is marked for bicycle use, as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except under any of the following situations:
1. When overtaking and passing another bicycle or vehicle proceeding in the same direction.
2. When preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
3. When reasonably necessary to avoid any condition or potential conflict, including, but not limited to, a fixed or moving object, parked or moving vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian, animal, surface hazard, turn lane, or substandard-width lane, which makes it unsafe to continue along the right-hand curb or edge or within a bicycle lane. For the purposes of this subsection, a “substandard-width lane” is a lane that is too narrow for a bicycle and another vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

http://www.imgur.com/vw6VIBi.png

Holy shit you quote the law that allows them to avoid surface hazards and photo them spreading out to avoid the two square holes cut in the pavement to access/repair water lines.  White jersey guy on the left is still pointing at them to warn his buddies as they fan out to avoid them (except that one poor dumb bastard who's standing up as he bounces through them).  Those holes are plenty big to blow out a bicycle tire if you hit them blind.

Looks like a shitty suburban road with so many patches and holes they can't ride in a straight line without damaging their bikes.  We have roads like that too.

I would have no problem riding over what is on the right side in that pic and neither did two of the guys in that pic. The hazard the guy is pointing to is in the middle of the damn road. He wouldn't have to point at it at all if they weren't riding like weasel felching, cock gobbling assholes. Why couldn't they ride single file on that road and stay to the right like the other two guys?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Wow, 8 pages of this crap? I am going to bet OP saw the bikes and turned around so that he was behind them and took a few phone pics. In a residential neighborhood where the speed limit is probably 25? I am sure they were out of your way in a few seconds. How pissed off do you get when you hit a red light? It is amazing how many people can be so miserable and upset over something so petty. All I'm saying is if this crap really upsets you I think you need to reevaluate your life.
View Quote

You ride in a big group all strewn across the road don't you? Come on, we're friends...tell me.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:01:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Paying off debt, running out of write off and depreciation scedule. My loans are paying out, company is doing well, and the .gov doesn't like that. I buy very little red diesel. Maybe $3-4k a year. You must have an old Cummins for it to be a $100 registration. I'm guessing early 90s. My wifes Tahoe is near $300 iirc and the trucks usually run $350-$600 for yearly registration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What caused more tax than income?
How much of your fuel burn is untaxed offroad diesel?
Registration in CA is ~$75-$100 depending on your county/city.  Weight fees for commercial vehicles & use tax are different line items from "registration".  As the owner/driver of both Honda's & Dodge CTDs I know these things.

Thanks for making nice roads for me to use when I ride my $3500 road bike for recreation

Paying off debt, running out of write off and depreciation scedule. My loans are paying out, company is doing well, and the .gov doesn't like that. I buy very little red diesel. Maybe $3-4k a year. You must have an old Cummins for it to be a $100 registration. I'm guessing early 90s. My wifes Tahoe is near $300 iirc and the trucks usually run $350-$600 for yearly registration.

You missed the point about registration - take a look at the statement you got from DMV.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's true. Most are affluent. Many of them pack heat also.

Maybe it's related to where I live.  Many of those people that can afford to pay 50k cash for a carbon fiber race bike aren't exactly elmer fudding their way through life.

People are not always what they appear to be. You should know that. Be careful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember Arfcom......most of these skinny leg shavers are now lawyers, doctors, and hedge fund managers who know high powered lawyers.  

Don't fuck with them they will ruin your world.

Maybe it's related to where I live.  Many of those people that can afford to pay 50k cash for a carbon fiber race bike aren't exactly elmer fudding their way through life.

When Mr./Ms. Affluent has been turned into a pile of ground meat, teeth, hair, and eyeballs with a few spokes sticking out by Farmer John's F250 on some back road all that affluence does not really matter does it?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When Mr./Ms. Affluent has been turned into a pile of ground meat, teeth, hair, and eyeballs with a few spokes sticking out by Farmer John's F250 on some back road all that affluence does not really matter does it?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember Arfcom......most of these skinny leg shavers are now lawyers, doctors, and hedge fund managers who know high powered lawyers.  

Don't fuck with them they will ruin your world.

All men die, but not all men really live.

John's life will be over as well as he sells his F250 pride and joy to pay his legal bills. He will live in his parents basement or attic for the rest of his miserable life eating Walmart cheetos, mumbling to himself, and posting derp on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#23]
This morning blowing through a red light...
The cross street is 4 lanes each way

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

http://youtu.be/L5pftPzxJUw
View Quote

Dude, they lose like massive energy when they have to stop like a regular vehicle. And, they're only wearing those jerseys because they're utilitarian and they are big fans of those race teams.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dude, they lose like massive energy when they have to stop like a regular vehicle. And, they're only wearing those jerseys because they're utilitarian and they are big fans of those race teams.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/L5pftPzxJUw

Heaven forbid...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Today

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Those spandex wearing, sissy boys held you up for 20 minutes!  Bastards!

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top