Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 6:59:28 PM EDT
How is it that Churches, groups like the Rainbow Coalition, Planned Parenthood, Operation Push, etc. receive federal funds? Where in the Constitution does it allow for this?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Criminals in government give them to them.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said. And it isn't all churches, either, just the PC ones.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How is it that Churches, groups like the Rainbow Coalition, Planned Parenthood, Operation Push, etc. receive federal funds? Where in the Constitution does it allow for this?
View Quote

The constitution =/= federal law and funding.

You can thank Lincoln.

Want less government on all counts?  Look into libertarian views.  Much hated here though.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Voting themselves the treasury.

Playing to their base

Its OK as long as me, my group, my causes get benefit.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Because I would assume that the gov't has figured its cheaper to pay some outside entity for something they do rather than pay to have the gov't provide that service
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

First post and all that jazz
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Voting themselves the treasury.
Playing to their base

Its OK as long as me, my group, my causes get benefit.

View Quote

What is "largess", Alex?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And expect something in return . . . . . .

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Because we have strayed so far from our founding.  I believe it's been going on for a long long time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Better question is how do we stop these criminals from getting our money?

I'll take "kicking down the door"  for $600, Alex.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty chauvinist and racist of you to think the Constitution places limits on the government.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine told me his dad is a lobbyist for the Catholic church.  

My reaction was      
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:24:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Governments at all levels are not a self contained entities.  This "news" is not nearly as insidious as you are lead to believe.  The insidious part is how money get's funneled to organizations that INTEND harm to our country.

.Gov has to contract out for goods and services.  Kellogg Brown & Root for example.

The feds even rent the famous Halliburton Hurricane Machine when needed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:26:08 AM EDT
[#14]
The government wants to implement social programs so they throw money at the problem.  It doesn't matter if a for profit or non-profit does the work.  Take "housing" for example.  The federal government pays lots of businesses millions to manage the program for them in every state.  The contracts are rebid every few years.  If you want to get part of the cash cow submit a bid to do the work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Constitution....
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The government wants to implement social programs so they throw money at the problem.  It doesn't matter if a for profit or non-profit does the work.  Take "housing" for example.  The federal government pays lots of businesses millions to manage the program for them in every state.  The contracts are rebid every few years.  If you want to get part of the cash cow submit a bid to do the work.
View Quote

This.  

Housing, elderly care, etc are funded via a bid process or Grant then bid.  Non-profit organizations are eligible entities. Generally 501C3 or 501C6.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top