Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I Smoke.  I know it's not good for me, nor anyone around me.

However, there are outdoor cigarette butt disposal units in the clearly marked OUT FUCKING DOOR smoking sections for a reason.

DO NOT step into my last bastion of freedom, stand uncomfortably close to me, a complete stranger to you, and proceed to lecture me on the harm I am inflicting upon you and your obese child on a leash.

I swear to God, the next one of you primates who believes so completely that second hand smoke is more dangerous than me without a cigarette, that you are willing to take the cigarette out of my mouth and stomp it out whilst I am minding my own business one foot from the OUTDOOR ashtray, are going to having a serious 'come to Jesus moment' on that belief.  Run on sentence FTMFW.
View Quote

Don't smoke then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I quit candy cigarettes lots of times.

I still want them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't you want to do that to most 13ers?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind sir,
I have been around smokers my entire life.  My husband is a smoker and sadly he has encouraged my son who also smokes and dips.  Personally I love the smell of a cigarette when it is first lit.

They have tried to quit numerous times. I do not nag them knowing it makes it worse for THEM.

That being said, I am highly allergic to tobacco and even more allergic to cannabis. By allergic I mean hives, swelling of my eyes, and  catastrophic asthma.
Its been this way since I was a toddler. It just has to be on someone clothes for me to have a reaction.   I didn't chose to be that sensitive.
While I take meds to control some it dampens the allergy it doesn't cure it.

I would not come near you. It's just breathing for me right?

If breathing is so difficult for you, I cordially invite you to stop.

This made me want to burn you with your cigarette while is smoke mine.

Don't you want to do that to most 13ers?

Mostly it's the thirteeners.......mostly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had some drunk at a bar lecture me about smoking the other night...  while he was smoking a cigarette.
View Quote

Holy shit was it my dad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Holy shit was it my dad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had some drunk at a bar lecture me about smoking the other night...  while he was smoking a cigarette.

Holy shit was it my dad.

Probably not.

He bought me a beer though, so I guess it was worth it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit was it my dad.

Probably not.

My dad would get a couple in him and want to lecture little me about the dangers of tobacco and alcohol while he sat on the porch and smoked. Cracked me up. Miss that man.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

However, there are outdoor cigarette butt disposal units in the clearly marked OUT FUCKING DOOR smoking sections for a reason.

DO NOT step into my last bastion of freedom, stand uncomfortably close to me, a complete stranger to you, and proceed to lecture me on the harm I am inflicting upon you and your obese child on a leash.

I swear to God, the next one of you primates who believes so completely that second hand smoke is more dangerous than me without a cigarette, that you are willing to take the cigarette out of my mouth and stomp it out whilst I am minding my own business one foot from the OUTDOOR ashtray, are going to having a serious 'come to Jesus moment' on that belief.  Run on sentence FTMFW.
View Quote

I'm pretty anti-smoking, and even a little anti-smoker.

But if you're in an outdoor, smoking-designated spot, smoke all you want.  Stuff twenty in your mouth and smoke them all at once.  Smoke a pipe.  Until you're burning a 55-gallon drum full of tobacco and using electric fans to blow the smoke at the door to the building, knock yourself out.  If I don't want cig smoke on me, I'll stay away from the smoking areas.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But if you're in an outdoor, smoking-designated spot, smoke all you want.  Stuff twenty in your mouth and smoke them all at once.  Smoke a pipe.  Until you're burning a 55-gallon drum full of tobacco and using electric fans to blow the smoke at the door to the building, knock yourself out.  If I don't want cig smoke on me, I'll stay away from the smoking areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The only problem with that is that most smoking areas I've seen are right by the doors.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Kind sir,
I have been around smokers my entire life.  My husband is a smoker and sadly he has encouraged my son who also smokes and dips.  Personally I love the smell of a cigarette when it is first lit.

They have tried to quit numerous times. I do not nag them knowing it makes it worse for THEM.

That being said, I am highly allergic to tobacco and even more allergic to cannabis. By allergic I mean hives, swelling of my eyes, and  catastrophic asthma.
Its been this way since I was a toddler. It just has to be on someone clothes for me to have a reaction.   I didn't chose to be that sensitive.

View Quote

You know, the guy made it clear he was at a designated, outdoor smoking area.

What does your condition matter in that context? Why does he care?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had a guy tell me smoking was bad for me, and I'm not sure why but a joke I knew popped into my head and I used a couple of lines from it.
The conversation went something along the lines as:  

Him: Do you know that smoking is bad for you? You should quit.
Me: Did you know my Grandfather lived to be 95 years old?
Him: Did he smoke everyday?
Me: Nope. He knew when to keep his fucking mouth shut.

It took a second or two for him to realize what I said. The look on his face was hilarious when it hit him, he turned around with out saying a word and walked away.
View Quote

That's a good one.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a guy tell me smoking was bad for me, and I'm not sure why but a joke I knew popped into my head and I used a couple of lines from it.

It took a second or two for him to realize what I said. The look on his face was hilarious when it hit him, he turned around with out saying a word and walked away.
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Freedom is a two way street.  That didn't use to be a foreign concept.  What happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind sir,

Freedom is a two way street.  That didn't use to be a foreign concept.  What happened?

Stay classy...Richthofen. Lol.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You need to wear a helmet and a Sign......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or, you know, don't put their health at risk, no matter how minutely, or stink up the place for no reason other than to feed your stupid addiction. It doesn't benefit anybody.

But as long as you are out of the way where it doesn't affect anyone, go ahead and do it to yourself, and yourself only.

You need to wear a helmet and a Sign......

FIFY.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm stealing that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or, you know, don't put their health at risk, no matter how minutely, or stink up the place for no reason other than to feed your stupid addiction. It doesn't benefit anybody.

But as long as you are out of the way where it doesn't affect anyone, go ahead and do it to yourself, and yourself only.
View Quote

well I guess it is pretty clear that you in fact are THAT guy huh?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Not a smoker but I get annoyed at seeing all these smoking cessation programs and the constant badgering of smokers. News flash smokers pay more than their fair share of taxes. I would like to be the first to thank all the smokers who pay for so many programs. I also know the moment they stop paying those vice taxes the rest of us will be burden to pick up the slack
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not a smoker but I get annoyed at seeing all these smoking cessation programs and the constant badgering of smokers. News flash smokers pay more than their fair share of taxes. I would like to be the first to thank all the smokers who pay for so many programs. I also know the moment they stop paying those vice taxes the rest of us will be burden to pick up the slack
View Quote

Solid point.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only problem with that is that most smoking areas I've seen are right by the doors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're so delicate that you can't walk *past* someone smoking without feeling put upon and violated, you should probably just stay the fuck home. The out of doors is no place for pussies.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I didn't say he had to stop smoking or that I objected to him smoking nor would I deliberately place myself in his presence since I know this is MY sensitivity. See this is where you bent what I said. I simply pointed the risk as it pertained to me and what I do to manage it. Sometimes I don't have a choice when a smoker comes near me.  I do my best to move without coming off as rude. See I happen appreciate that he does smoke outside.  It lessons the risk a bit. On the other hand there are other pollutants far more prevalent and far more poisonous. The suggestion that I stop breathing simply because I expressed what I did and you took offense ...
Suffocation is a horrifying way to die. The comment is cruel and offensive. This is far more egregious and deadly than what this poor man ever would endure standing in a smoke pit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kind sir,

I didn't say he had to stop smoking or that I objected to him smoking nor would I deliberately place myself in his presence since I know this is MY sensitivity. See this is where you bent what I said. I simply pointed the risk as it pertained to me and what I do to manage it. Sometimes I don't have a choice when a smoker comes near me.  I do my best to move without coming off as rude. See I happen appreciate that he does smoke outside.  It lessons the risk a bit. On the other hand there are other pollutants far more prevalent and far more poisonous. The suggestion that I stop breathing simply because I expressed what I did and you took offense ...
Suffocation is a horrifying way to die. The comment is cruel and offensive. This is far more egregious and deadly than what this poor man ever would endure standing in a smoke pit.

Then what the fuck was the point of your original comment? What relevancy does your allergy to tobacco and cannabis have to do with OP getting lectured by some fat-fuck who took the cigarette out of his mouth like a cunt?

So you can't be around smokers... so what? OP is in an outdoor smoking area next to the ashtray, you could easily avoid him and avoid the hives that would come from it, etc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#21]
When I smoked, I can not recall any stranger ever scolding me about it, that would infuriate me too OP....that would be very uncommon around here.   I do remember a girl working a drive thru telling me I was too good looking to smoke.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This happened almost an hour ago, and I am still so pissed that I am shaking.

I was stunned.  Speechless.  Can't cuss at her with a toddler in tow, wouldn't hit a woman.  Just gave my best 'did that really just happen' look and watched the cow waddle away with her spawn.  

Just flabbergasted.
View Quote

I hope you immediately pulled out another cig and lit it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cigarette smoking brings you pleasure.
Smoke is the residue of that pleasure.
I drink beer, urine is the residue of my pleasure.
If I have have to inhale your smoke,
do not be angry when I piss on your head.
View Quote

If you're standing outside in the open air, you don't have to inhale someone else's second hand smoke.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck dead or in jail.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
Something you'll never do..

But it was very edgy and witty for you to say that.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Towing a fat kid?

I would have gone on that but im an asshole so I don't give a shit

Time to light up
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]
its kind of like the handicapped stall,its really inst a handicapped stall its a stall that is accessible to the handicapped.

it really isnt an outdoor smoking area as much as an area where they send you to smoke away from others.

dont think for a second with enough complaints that precious last bastion of freedom wont slip away.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Kind sir,

View Quote

And yet you're married to a smoker who (has "tried" to quit) encourages your offspring to use tobacco.  If you're that sensitive, I'm wondering:

1.  How do you live together?  Seperate houses?
2.  How did you survive through the intercourse that led to said offspring?
3.  What does it say about his feelings for you if you're so allergic, yet he continues to smoke?
4.  How do you laundry?  He's obviously got to do his own.  Seperate washers and dryers?  Or does he go to the laundromat?

I could go on and on and on.  

Seems to me that a total stranger, smoking outside in a designated smoking area, is the least of your concerns.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lemme guess...  You also sided with her. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1632338_.html&page=1

Public for me and not for thee, eh?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
I hate nicotine junkies.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]

show those fatties who want to take your cigarettes
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:05:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Many years ago, around 2001, I remember laughing when a woman with her kids complained about my cigar smoke when I lit up after dinner. They were several tables away and we happened to be at the cigar bar /restaurant at the World Wide Sportsman in Islamorada. The waitress just looked at her with this face.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hate nicotine junkies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate nicotine junkies.

Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I was stunned.  Speechless.  Can't cuss at her with a toddler in tow, wouldn't hit a woman.  Just gave my best 'did that really just happen' look and watched the cow waddle away with her spawn.  

Just flabbergasted.
View Quote

and because you did nothing, she feels she is right, and will do it again.
Be a man and stand up for yourself!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:36:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That, dear sir, is fucking awesome!

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:39:06 AM EDT
[#38]
They banned outdoor smoking in my town recently
I feel sorry for the PD guys when I hear them getting dispatched to a "person smoking outdoors" call
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#39]
As an ex smoker, I hate smoking but I agree with you.  Smokers have compromised enough.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a case of small dick syndrome.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#41]
fuck smokers, dopers , and drunks...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I smoked for over 10 years.  I don't think a stranger had ever lectured me about smoking in public.  Ever.  Let alone grabbed a cigarette out of my mouth.  With the price of smokes nowadays, that's a cunt-punt worthy event.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Just flabbergasted.
View Quote

No problem with that for me.  My guess is that rugbeetle has already heard it all if mom is that willing to confront a stranger.

Reminds me of a time my friend and I were in a parking lot when a landwhale almost totaled my front end as she waded across the road.

She yelled "Pedestrians have the right of way!"
My friend yelled "That makes a great epitaph!"
Then he let out in a panicked voice "Wait-a-minute! WAIT! This is wrong. ALL WRONG! Cows can't talk! Cows aren't supposed to talk! Get the hell out of here! DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!"

She had the greatest look on her face as I drove off.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just flabbergasted.
View Quote

so if it was a guy, you would have hit him? boy you are a true hard ass
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:42:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Good rant OP. Maybe you should switch brands, you know for the fat little bugger's health

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:54:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kind sir,

Bravo Baron, not very nice, but definitely funny..

Angelfire.. what was even the point of your post? I'm sorry for your allergy, but why do you feel it was even relevant to the fact that Baron ran into a bitchy landwhale that doesn't understand personal freedom?

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:52:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Seems like a person would get more second-hand smoke by stopping to confront than if they just continued walking past the source...

Hmm...

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Today's Smoking Areas are this Generation's Group W Benches........
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I have no qualms about calling a cunt a cunt in front of her fuck trophies.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

<snip>
View Quote

Lol! You don't just need to stop smoking, you need some kind of anger management class or something.

Seriously, angry smokers just ask to be fucked with. And they'll always lose. First because they're a hated bad-guy minority and second because they're sickly and will die young.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top