BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ive been told this by several people in the community living in Atlanta.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bruthas on the down low.

Ive been told this by several people in the community living in Atlanta.

Lot of action on the DL in the ATL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
On The " Down Low " should of made the list.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

4.Low Health Literacy
5. Homophobia
6.Untreated and Undiagnosed STD's
7.Lack of Quality Health Care
9.Late Testing (Fault of the medical community)
10. Mass Incarceration

Not a thing was mentioned regarding personal responsibility.
View Quote

ER nurse opinion:

The ones I left are the only ones that could possibly even begin to contribute. Let me explain.

Low Health Literacy: most of the ones I see coming through the ER have less than a clue how HIV works, what it does, or how it is usually caught. Neither do they understand treatment options or preventive measures. This isn't because there is a lack of ways to learn these things, but rather that they never bother to learn. Too busy doing other far more important things, I guess.

Homophobia: that's why there is this whole "down low" cultural phenomenon in the community. Openly gay or bisexual people are stigmatized, so they hide it and don't admit that they occasionally engage in buttsex with other men. They lie about it, and because they lie about it, stuff gets passed around.

Untreated/Undiagnosed STDs: well, if they don't admit they have them or see a doctor, they can't very well be diagnosed or treated.

Lack of Quality Healthcare: when they never go see a doctor, they obviously are lacking quality healthcare. Hello and/or duh. They're lacking any healthcare whatsoever.

Late Testing: by the time the anal herpes has gotten bad enough for them to come to the ER, yes, the HIV has been there a while. This is why you should see a doctor more regularly, sugar.

Mass Incarceration: a whole lot of buttsex going on in there, and since being a spunk receptacle is one of the easiest ways to catch it, TA-DA!!!

All of those factors could be avoided by personal responsibility, but that doesn't make for a very sympathetic story, now does it?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ER nurse opinion:

The ones I left are the only ones that could possibly even begin to contribute. Let me explain.

Low Health Literacy: most of the ones I see coming through the ER have less than a clue how HIV works, what it does, or how it is usually caught. Neither do they understand treatment options or preventive measures. This isn't because there is a lack of ways to learn these things, but rather that they never bother to learn. Too busy doing other far more important things, I guess.

Homophobia: that's why there is this whole "down low" cultural phenomenon in the community. Openly gay or bisexual people are stigmatized, so they hide it and don't admit that they occasionally engage in buttsex with other men. They lie about it, and because they lie about it, stuff gets passed around.

Untreated/Undiagnosed STDs: well, if they don't admit they have them or see a doctor, they can't very well be diagnosed or treated.

Lack of Quality Healthcare: when they never go see a doctor, they obviously are lacking quality healthcare. Hello and/or duh. They're lacking any healthcare whatsoever.

Late Testing: by the time the anal herpes has gotten bad enough for them to come to the ER, yes, the HIV has been there a while. This is why you should see a doctor more regularly, sugar.

Mass Incarceration: a whole lot of buttsex going on in there, and since being a spunk receptacle is one of the easiest ways to catch it, TA-DA!!!

All of those factors could be avoided by personal responsibility, but that doesn't make for a very sympathetic story, now does it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

4.Low Health Literacy

5. Homophobia

10. Mass Incarceration

ER nurse opinion:

Racist.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]

FFS give it a rest already.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Racist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.Low Health Literacy
5. Homophobia
10. Mass Incarceration

ER nurse opinion:

Racist.

Clearly, you must be correct.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I read somewhere something about a sizable number of young black males have homosexual "experances" that are not really talked about.. But they don't consider it gay..

I have no idea if true or where it came from..
View Quote
It's called prison.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe there are more poor white people in America than there are poor black people.

So how does poverty cause aids or rape or murder or ...... All the rest if the bs that they are over representative at?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The CIA, of course.
View Quote

Bush 41 headed the CIA.  Now it is all coming together.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I believe there are more poor white people in America than there are poor black people.

So how does poverty cause aids or rape or murder or ...... All the rest if the bs that they are over representative at?
View Quote

racist
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The "Down Low" is waaaaaaaay more widespread than most of you can imagine.  Of course most of them will never admit to it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Title of an article on CNN homepage today.
Someone with better computer skills than I might want to hotlink this article!

Anyhow, article listed the following 11 reasons for the extremly high numbers of HIV/AIDS in the black community.

1. Poverty
2. Injection Drug Use (not what you think!)
3.Gender Inequalitty
4.Low Health Literacy
5. Homophobia
8.Lack of Comprehensive Sex Education (especially for the LGBT folks)  it's Bush's fault... Really!
10. Mass Incarceration
11. Stigma

Society is the blame according to the authors of the above.

Find and read this article. It's interesting and pathetic.............
View Quote

No personal responsibility you can play the victim, play the victim and you can get all sorts of free shit. Play the victim you can do anything you want to with no repercussions coming back on you.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's called prison.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read somewhere something about a sizable number of young black males have homosexual "experances" that are not really talked about.. But they don't consider it gay..

It's called prison.  

These stats were outside prison IIRC..  Prison had its own numbers.

A few others have posted about the down low plugin that goes on..
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
MSMW is the primary cause.

"Men on the down low"

Citation for the Doubters
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#15]
The "down low" statistics implied by other posters are, dare I say it, ironic, given how homophobic black culture is as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The same things that "cause" poverty ... Ignorance, poor judgement, shitty decisions, bad choices, and so on ad infinitum.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well you can't just go out and say that an entire class of people has low levels of personal responsibility, you racist, white heterosexual patriarchal oppressor!

Also, how does Homophobia spread HIV/AIDS?
View Quote

First thing I wondered.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prison culture.   It's a well known fact.  Like gravity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Exactly. Know lots of black people who have nothing to do with the "ghetto" blacks, they are ashamed of them and frightened of them.  The ghetto black culture is a direct by product of the Democratic Party. Still slaves to another master.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The spread of HIV/AIDS in the black community is spread by the same forces that spread crime in that community: culture and behavior.
Exactly. Know lots of black people who have nothing to do with the "ghetto" blacks, they are ashamed of them and frightened of them.  The ghetto black culture is a direct by product of the Democratic Party. Still slaves to another master.  

This
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Shut the fuck up!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Rape, promiscuity, lack of precautions & hygeine, and rape.
View Quote
You said rape twice.

ETA Damn it.  Somebody said "you said rape twice" twice.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Arse
Injected
Death
Sentence
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

because how else  the system gonna get played.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#24]
The same reason that Herpagonorsyphilis is an epidemic among inner city blacks. They're all fucking each other.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#25]
1.  Apathy

2.  Ignorance

3.  No interest to change 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Why is it every day on this site, someone HAS to post something about black people? I'm not saying there are racists on this site, but damn, every day, "why do black people such and such and such??"

Topic of my next thread:

Why do members here have to post something negative about black people on this site EVERY DAMN DAY?

God damn it Leroy

Least I got chicken
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Why is it every day on this site, someone HAS to post something about black people? I'm not saying there are racists on this site, but damn, every day, "why do black people such and such and such??"

Topic of my next thread:

Why do members here have to post something negative about black people on this site EVERY DAMN DAY?

God damn it Leroy

Least I got chicken
View Quote
Facts hurt?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Rape, promiscuity, lack of precautions & hygeine, and rape.
View Quote

You said rape twice.

ETA:  After 7 years here I should know that someone would say this before page 2.  

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The spread of HIV/AIDS in the black community is spread by the same forces that spread crime in that community: culture and behavior.

Perhaps if they were giving easier grades in school it would help.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's face it, it's all due to crack.  Butt crack.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyhow, article listed the following 11 reasons for the extremly high numbers of HIV/AIDS in the black community.

1. Poverty
2. Injection Drug Use (not what you think!)
3.Gender Inequalitty
4.Low Health Literacy
5. Homophobia
8.Lack of Comprehensive Sex Education (especially for the LGBT folks) it's Bush's fault... Really!
10. Mass Incarceration
11. Stigma
View Quote

Looks like a leftist laundry list in support of new government programs and more spending.

Poverty means lots more money should be spent.
Injection Drug Use means free drugs and free needles.
Gender Inequality means pass the Equal Rights Amendment and more gay rights.
Low Health Literacy means more education funding.
Homophobia means more gay rights.
Untreated and Undiagnosed STDs means more Obamacare funding.
Lack of Quality Health Care means more Obamacare funding.
Lack of Comprehensive Sex Education means more education funding and gay propaganda for kids.
Late Testing means more Obamacare funding.
Mass Incarceration means releasing Black felons.
Stigma means it is all the fault of straight white males and their political allies.

Quite an agenda.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The largest unintended consequence of the war on drugs is the rise of HIV in African American communities. Generally, once people start having sex, they don't stop (unless they get married, ha!). An 18-22 year old AA male is more likely to be in a cell than a dorm room.

The AA community shuns homosexuals. That encourages these double lives.

Ultimately, the actions of the individuals are responsible for the transmission of HIV. But, the factors listed in the article are true. I've worked in the field of HIV medicines for over a decade, and I worked for the court system before that.  

Condoms are contraband in many prisons. To prevent the spread of the virus, it would help if they were available. Rubber gloves are stolen for this purpose. In research, I've seen inmates say a glove is good for ten encounters if turned inside out.

The things I've heard, read, and seen would make most of the people here totally sick.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife used to work at the VD clinic.  You didn't ask if a dude was gay or bisexual.  You asked if he had sex with men.

That's why.  It's common in, but not limited to, black men.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Immorality about sums it up.  

How exactly does homophobia cause aids
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

ER nurse opinion:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4.Low Health Literacy
5. Homophobia
10. Mass Incarceration

ER nurse opinion:

Lots of this ^^^^.  I'd say the definite leading drivers are the dudes that are on the DL and the relatively massive prison population.  We, black men, are likely the most homophobic demographic in the US.  That leads to a whole lotta DL buttsex.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#36]
How about just a generally incontinent culture leading to lots of indiscriminate fucking
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#37]
There is a simple solution; keep your dick out of your friends butt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The same reason that Herpagonorsyphilis is an epidemic among inner city blacks. They're all fucking each other.  
View Quote

You know, there's a certain fatalism inherent to that culture.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:54:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Facts hurt?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Topic of my next thread:

God damn it Leroy

Least I got chicken
Facts hurt?

Nope and neither do stereotypes
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:38:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Unprotected sex is the only answer. All others are reaching.
View Quote
First post for the win.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Now don't be interjecting realism when folks are crying racism, that only confuses people. You could be labeled a realist.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
First post for the win.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First post for the win.

I wouldn't minimize the impact of drug use.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Unprotected anal sex is the only answer. All others are reaching.
View Quote

FIFY, I thought the chances of transmitting it thru PIV was pretty low?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
Keepin it on the down low.

Edit:  already covered I see.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#45]
It's always entertaining when someone knows the truth but runs around dodging it like a bee buzzing their head.

Subjects where the truth is based on poor decisions by a protected class always deliver on this.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Subjects where the truth is based on poor decisions by a protected class always deliver on this
View Quote

the groups that you would imagine would want the most liberty always seem to focus in on policies that take that liberty away from them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Almost looks like she is getting pounded from behind.

Great gif.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:23:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would suggest that unprotected promiscuous sex is a branch of the problem, the root of which is ignorance - willful or otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:25:06 AM EDT
[#49]
the real answer is "down low" buttfucking
i.e. what goes on prison happens in the projects just as much
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:25:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The "Down Low" is waaaaaaaay more widespread than most of you can imagine.  Of course most of them will never admit to it.
View Quote

I blame Rap music because it is gay.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top