Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
420+2A =  Losers with guns.

As long as they're not dangerous losers, I'm cool with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Carl Sagan smoked marijuana.
Want to reconsider your blanket statement?
Because the one who sounds dumb here is.... well, you know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smoking marijuana makes you stupid and we already have enough dumb people in the world. Marijuana should remain illegal!

http://www.clipartbest.com/download?clipart=eiMALoynT

Thank you for making my point!

Its a known/proven fact that marijuana effects one's ability to think; case in point, your retarded retort!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Seriously, you picked a person who smokes pot to validate your argument and I sound "dumb"!? Its a know/proven fact that marijuana effects one's ability to think; case in point, your retarded retort!

Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time

Paranoia

Magical or "random" thinking

Short-term memory loss

Anxiety and depression

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Smoking marijuana makes you stupid and we already have enough dumb people in the world. Marijuana should remain illegal!

Seriously, you picked a person who smokes pot to validate your argument and I sound "dumb"!? Its a know/proven fact that marijuana effects one's ability to think; case in point, your retarded retort!

Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time

Paranoia

Magical or "random" thinking

Short-term memory loss

Anxiety and depression

By your logic we should make alcohol illegal, since well it alters your mental state in many of the same ways.

How about this, let people make there own decisions on pot, and keep the .gov out of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as the law that legalizes MJ also mandates personal responsibility.  I don't care what you do to your body as long as I don't have to pay for it.  Get pregnant?  Be a parent.  Get high?  Park your ass in a place you can't hurt others.  Want to eat?  Get a job.  Sick?  Go to the doctor and pay him for his services.  Drop a can?  Pick it up.  Hurt somebody?  Pay the price.  Want more money?  Be more productive.  Enjoy your freedoms?  Support those who have sworn to defend those freedoms.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its a known/proven fact that marijuana effects one's ability to think; case in point, your retarded retort!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just accused him of committing a crime.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Alcohol is legal. If gun ownership is decoupled from legality of alcohol, why can't gun ownership be decoupled from the legality of pot?

If one truly believes in liberty, the pro-liberty position is obvious here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost cute when these sort of fellows come out to play.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Legalizing marijuana sucks, and not to the good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
4473, Line Item 11 E.

ETA : I've seen TV ads here in Ohio to put it on the ballet.

Please do, so I can vote it down.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

By your logic we should make alcohol illegal, since well it alters your mental state in many of the same ways.

How about this, let people make there own decisions on pot, and keep the .gov out of it.
View Quote

I don't disagree with you on let the people decide. However, I think marijuana should remain illegal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You just accused him of committing a crime.
View Quote

Prove it!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And alcohol comes from plants, just like marijuana.  Wheat, barley, sugar from beets or cane, yeast.

Marijuana should be legal because currently your federal government only prosecutes American citizens for smuggling small quantities.  Mexican illegal aliens smugglers who have less than 500 pounds in their possession are released with no prosecution to return to Mexico within about 24 hours or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marijuana is not a drug, it's a plant. It should be treated just like alcohol.

It is a drug, just as alcohol is.

And alcohol comes from plants, just like marijuana.  Wheat, barley, sugar from beets or cane, yeast.

Marijuana should be legal because currently your federal government only prosecutes American citizens for smuggling small quantities.  Mexican illegal aliens smugglers who have less than 500 pounds in their possession are released with no prosecution to return to Mexico within about 24 hours or so.

Heroin comes from plants too. As well as opium and cocaine. However, I'm only advocating for the devil. I don't believe the wacky tobacky is anywhere near as harmful as it IS a plant, just like corn, tomatoes and green beans. The difference is alcohol, opiates, cocaine require processing, man-made processes to extract the "good stuff."  Weed is just a weed, it grows and is dried to a flammable stage and boom, there you go. It's more of a monetary thing and social thing as it was banned because ainslinger convinced the general populous that it made people go crazy and made white women fornicate with black men. Legalize it and focus law enforcement efforts where they are needed. Who cares if you want to burn it down IN PRIVATE. You can't drink and drive, it's illegal, but how many die each year from alcohol related accidents? How many die each year from cirrhosis or heart failure? Or lung cancer? The difference is the government sells alcohol and profits quite generously from tobacco sales. Plus, you can't grow a Marlboro in your back yard, so Big Tobacco has the market cornered. The gov is in bed with Phillip Morris and Budweiser. Legalize dope and any bubba will grow it in his yard or basement and keep it for personal use and Uncle Sam makes no $$$$. As puff daddy said: it's all about the Benjamin's.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

4473, Line Item 11 E.

View Quote

Someone who supports drug laws that shouldn't exist also supports federal gun laws that shouldn't exist?

I am John's complete lack of surprise.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes I wonder if not smoking marijuana causes brain damage
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Opium is just a plant extract.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Alcohol is legal. If gun ownership is decoupled from legality of alcohol, why can't gun ownership be decoupled from the legality of pot?

If one truly believes in liberty, the pro-liberty position is obvious here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only a pothead would wonder that!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
4473, Line Item 11 E.

View Quote

Thankfully, most of us don't derive our morality from a government form.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative. Just making a funny

I personally believe marijuana to be potentially more harmful than popular culture wants to admit to. It certainly isn't a miracle cure for whatever ails you.  But people should be free to consume what they wish, in my opinion, and the consequences of prohibition far outweigh any perceived benefit.

Not to mention the fact that legalizing it at the federal level - or at least revising its status - would allow for actual research to be done regarding its safety. Drug abuse should be treated as a public health concern, not a criminal act.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as is cocaine .... touche

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Opium is a plant derivative too, same as cocaine and they're also drugs.

Oddly, those arguing for mainstreaming marijuana are themselves pitching the idea that it is, in fact, a medicinal drug.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#22]
The poll didn't match the headline. I was expecting a poll on whether I thought marijuana should be legal. (I don't, because I think it puts the stamp of approval on a vice.)

You shouildn't carry if you are high, any more than you should carry when you are drunk.

I personally don't think you should get high or drunk, but then I realize that my puritanical views aren't enforceable.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't disagree with you on let the people decide. However, I think marijuana should remain illegal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't make sense. You don't disagree that people should decide whether or not they should use marijuana, but you think it should be illegal?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Like abortion and gay marriage, I don't care ether way.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
4473, Line Item 11 E.

Quoted:
Quoted:
4473, Line Item 11 E.

Someone who supports drug laws that shouldn't exist also supports federal gun laws that shouldn't exist?

I am John's complete lack of surprise.

Not my problem.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#27]
These drug doper threads really don't look for the gun community
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
4473, Line Item 11 E.

View Quote

Yep, and this is the reason doper threads should be locked on a pro 2A forum.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Treat it like alcohol.  Don't drive, go to work or carry while under the influence, but simply being a user of that particular drug shouldn't be a factor in gun ownership or CHL permits.  Any more than alcohol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Heroin comes from plants too. As well as opium and cocaine. However, I'm only advocating for the devil. I don't believe the wacky tobacky is anywhere near as harmful as it IS a plant, just like corn, tomatoes and green beans. The difference is alcohol, opiates, cocaine require processing, man-made processes to extract the "good stuff."  Weed is just a weed, it grows and is dried to a flammable stage and boom, there you go. It's more of a monetary thing and social thing as it was banned because ainslinger convinced the general populous that it made people go crazy and made white women fornicate with black men. Legalize it and focus law enforcement efforts where they are needed. Who cares if you want to burn it down IN PRIVATE. You can't drink and drive, it's illegal, but how many die each year from alcohol related accidents? How many die each year from cirrhosis or heart failure? Or lung cancer? The difference is the government sells alcohol and profits quite generously from tobacco sales. Plus, you can't grow a Marlboro in your back yard, so Big Tobacco has the market cornered. The gov is in bed with Phillip Morris and Budweiser. Legalize dope and any bubba will grow it in his yard or basement and keep it for personal use and Uncle Sam makes no $$$$. As puff daddy said: it's all about the Benjamin's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a drug, just as alcohol is.

I like how pot heads quote rappers as if they had some great contribution to the world.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are aware that discussing the matter doesn't automatically saturate your bloodstream with THC, correct?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You are aware that discussing the matter doesn't automatically saturate your bloodstream with THC, correct?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No different than talking about other idiotic illegal activities, should be locked.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#33]
...the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

regardless of drug laws

There are other laws or ways to deal with the public threat of high/drunk people and the danger the represent operating machinery, vehicles or tools..

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No different than talking about other idiotic illegal activities, should be locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. Can't have people discussing matter of legality out in the open. Gotta keep that kind of nonsense in the basement where it belongs - in hushed whispers - so hopefully the soldiers above don't hear.

Don't you have a book burning to getting ready for?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Not to muddy the waters or anything, but I'm curious enough to risk derailing someone else's thread.

Where does the government's authority to ban any drug come from?  Is that a commerce clause catch all, or what?

Second question, why would a government want to ban drugs?  I mean obviously you wouldn't want a society of people too whacked out to be useful labor.  However , from a freedom point of view there's no reason to ban them.  From an evil overlords point of view it would represent another level of behavioral control and population control.

Honestly curious.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not a discussion of illegal activities (where to get illegal substances or use them etc.), this is a discussion of the law and the legal system.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. Can't have people discussing matter of legality out in the open. Gotta keep that kind of nonsense in the basement where it belongs - in hushed whispers - so hopefully the soldiers above don't hear.

http://pressvision.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-photo.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://pressvision.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil-photo.jpg

So 14'r I guess you think it would be OK for people to get on here and talk about how the think that other illegal activities should be legal also?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not to muddy the waters or anything, but I'm curious enough to risk derailing someone else's thread.

Where does the government's authority to ban any drug come from?  Is that a commerce clause catch all, or what?

Second question, why would a government want to ban drugs?  I mean obviously you wouldn't want a society of people too whacked out to be useful labor.  However , from a freedom point of view there's no reason to ban them.  From an evil overlords point of view it would represent another level of behavioral control and population control.

Honestly curious.
View Quote

It used to take an amendment but the.gov quit playing by the rules a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This is not a discussion of illegal activities (where to get illegal substances or use them etc.), this is a discussion of the law and the legal system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4473 spells it out clearly, these threads only make gun owners look like criminals.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

So 14'r I guess you think it would be OK for people to get on here and talk about how the think that other illegal activities should be legal also?
View Quote

I think people should be able to manufacture machine guns with no government regulation.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]

I voted yes to legalization in my state.   Glad it passed.

Fuck those who want freedoms yet deny others of theirs.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you for real, or are you pulling my chain?

Are you honestly suggesting that we should not even talk about things that are currently illegal? Not even discuss the matter?

You know what - you're right. We shouldn't talk about repealing anti-2A legislation. We shouldn't talk about the NFA. We shouldn't talk about those scary 30-round 'clips' in states that don't allow them.

Hell - I think I'm a convert. Thanks for enlightening me with your special brand of thinking.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

4473 spells it out clearly, these threads only make gun owners look like criminals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 4473 itself is bullshit and shouldnt even be a thing.  Your argument is invalid.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"I couldnt care less"
View Quote

Finally, someone got that right.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think people should be able to manufacture machine guns with no government regulation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do you think it would be appropriate if someone made a thread about how murder, assault, theft, etc should be legal here? No difference, they are criminal acts just like using drugs and owning guns. Bad publicity for the gun community.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's say you smoke a joint on the first of the month.

Let's say on the seventeenth day of that month, you defend yourself with your side arm, legit as all get out.

If your blood is drawn on day 17, that THC will still show up.

Let that sink in a bit.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Im here for the bong hits.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let's say on the seventeenth day of that month, you defend yourself with your side arm, legit as all get out.

Let that sink in a bit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let that sink in a bit.

Logic in GD, get the hell out of here with that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Personal responsibility, bitches!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
So do you think it would be appropriate if someone made a thread about how murder, assault, theft, etc should be legal here? No difference, they are criminal acts just like using drugs and owning guns. Bad publicity for the gun community.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're adorable.

I think it's good publicity.  The sooner the nominally pro-gun side sheds this image of social conservatism hanging around its neck, the sooner the pro-gun youth of today might actually start voting for people who will repeal some gun laws.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top