Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who in the blue fuck would even try that.

Hummer Trailblazer drivers...
View Quote

If thats an H3 anyways, if H2 Tahoe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Water looks funny.

Possible poop thread.  Keep an eye on this one, Mods.  Might get stinky in here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I saw that too....
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I saw that too....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water looks funny.

Possible poop thread.  Keep an eye on this one, Mods.  Might get stinky in here.

I saw that too....

Red clay muddy water.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ummm OP has a Hummer.
So what now?!?!?!!?

Yes.  http://<a href=http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s480/hunter8793/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0728_zpsdc8a7375.jpg</a>" />

Nice.
Why did you paint it yellow?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I always thought they had better differential set ups than that?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like at least he tried.  Is this "better"?

http://youtu.be/5y2lb64xY-w  

If you know how to drive them.  You're supposed to apply the brakes in such a situation and that will force the tires that are not turning to start turning and would pull him off that car.  Otherwise the Hummer has open diffs front and rear, just like the cheapest SUVs on the civilian market.

Of course, that's only the H1s.  The H2s and H3s are just cheap SUVs wearing Hummer body kits.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
OK or TX?
alot of red dirt there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother did similar when he borrowed my toyota 4x4.

Whole front end was totally submerged, water in the cab up to the pedals (it was pointing downhill so seats stayed dry).

Only saving grace is he shut it off immediately.

Still was a sonofabitch to clean up.
Had it towed home, yanked the plugs out and turned it over. Shot a bunch of water out.
Changed oil, changed gear oil in front diff, transfer case and trans, also flushed PS since the reservoir was submerged.

Ran and drove OK after that, started eating all kinds of parts (alternator, igniter, transmission) within a couple thousand miles of him playing U boat commander with it.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Nope. That's a GM vehicle he's just washing it off. slap it in 4 lo and drive up outta that bitch!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]
what kind of an idiot does that?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope. That's a GM vehicle he's just washing it off. slap it in 4 lo and drive up outta that bitch!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can't switch into 4L because the ignition is broken, thus disabling the vehicle.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#13]
It's hard to tell just how deep the water is, since we have no idea what kind of suspension he has under that... thing.

I've crossed creeks in my Wrangler where the water lapped over the side of the door frame and into the tub - but I was smart enough to keep fucking moving and keep the airbox out of the water.

What would possess someone to try to cross that in an H3? As wide and deep as that is, I'd not take my Jeep through it even if I had a snorkel on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's hard to tell just how deep the water is, since we have no idea what kind of suspension he has under that... thing.

I've crossed creeks in my Wrangler where the water lapped over the side of the door frame and into the tub - but I was smart enough to keep fucking moving and keep the airbox out of the water.

What would possess someone to try to cross that in an H3? As wide and deep as that is, I'd not take my Jeep through it even if I had a snorkel on it.
View Quote

You don't have to pass an IQ test to buy a Hummer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my buddy did this same thing in high school. His dad pulled us out, drained the oil, refilled it, and we drove it home. he changed the fluids, and never had a problem.
View Quote

Yeah, it takes a little time for the water to do some damage - ether does a good job of drying out the cylinders.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Tires. I think his tires weren't rated for mud, probably not enough sidewall tread.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tires. I think his tires weren't rated for mud, probably not enough sidewall tread.
View Quote

Thus the redneck side at Interco created the Super Swamper Thornbird
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Shoulda taken lessons from this guy, also, having  a snorkel  helps. (Having a Land Cruiser helps even more)

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shoulda taken lessons from this guy, also, having  a snorkel  helps. (Having a Land Cruiser helps even more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiPg5DHeyNU
View Quote

I dont think I could off road being in a situation like that would freak me out. Nooo i don't wanna float down the river
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
that was great

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Hummers are for soccer moms.

Sad but true
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ummm OP has a Hummer.
So what now?!?!?!!?

Yes.  http://<a href=http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s480/hunter8793/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0728_zpsdc8a7375.jpg</a>" />

Nice.

To make it easier to spot in the mud?

That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sad but true
View Quote

Yup, my mom drives an H2.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sad but true

So you play soccer?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All right, who's the U-boat commander?

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5456/capture17xu3.jpg
View Quote

Sometimes you just gotta say What the Fuck
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

seen that one before. awsome
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Says he got it out, but the people on there have no idea how to get that thing back right, and the guy isn't going to call insurance. So that goose is cooked.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I dont think I could off road being in a situation like that would freak me out. Nooo i don't wanna float down the river
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#29]
should have gotten the snorkel option.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And I very much doubt insurance will cover it due to driver negligence and being off road. I know several people who totaled their rigs out off roading and every single one of their insurance companies refused to cover the damage due to the driver deliberately using the vehicle in a manner as to cause damage. No different then taking your street car onto a track and wrecking it while racing. You want THAT coverage, you'll pay extra for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transmission... shot.

Differentials... shot.

Engine... shot.

Interior... shot,

Electrics, air bags, on board computers... shot.

It's a complete write off.

I wouldn't try to start the engine if you ever get a backhoe to pull the fucking thing out.

And I very much doubt insurance will cover it due to driver negligence and being off road. I know several people who totaled their rigs out off roading and every single one of their insurance companies refused to cover the damage due to the driver deliberately using the vehicle in a manner as to cause damage. No different then taking your street car onto a track and wrecking it while racing. You want THAT coverage, you'll pay extra for it.

Most insurance policies cover cars damaged at the track provided the vehicle wasn't used in a timed race.  Track days are not considered timed races.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Most insurance policies cover cars damaged at the track provided the vehicle wasn't used in a timed race.  Track days are not considered timed races.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transmission... shot.

Differentials... shot.

Engine... shot.

Interior... shot,

I wouldn't try to start the engine if you ever get a backhoe to pull the fucking thing out.

Do they re-up you afterward if they do have to cover something?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transmission... shot.

Differentials... shot.

Engine... shot.

Interior... shot,

Heh, no. If you wad a car up at the track, expect to get dropped or non renewed. If, and its a very big if they keep you on expect it to be made clear they're not paying for another write off at the track.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ummm OP has a Hummer.
So what now?!?!?!!?

So it got painted whenit was pulled out
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
I would say it's not as bad as it looks. Some electrical gremlins to chase down perhaps but a change of fluids (provided he shut it off) and some TLC it'll be alright.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hummer Trailblazer drivers...

The H3 is based off the Chevy Colorado pickup line, NOT the Trailblazer.

ETA:  H2 was not based off the Tahoe either.  It had it's own frame made up of different production line sections.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#37]
To his credit, at least said this:

I have no one to blame, but myself. I'm not denying it. It was my bad not the construction sites. I take full responsibility for this, and if my truck is salvageable you better believe i'll be working to pay it off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#38]
For those that haven't read his thread, he had been periodically driving onto a construction site and hitting a mud hole.

It seems somebody there wasn't too happy with that and dug the hole a bit deeper.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For those that haven't read his thread, he had been periodically driving onto a construction site and hitting a mud hole.

It seems somebody there wasn't too happy with that and dug the hole a bit deeper.
View Quote

That makes it even funnier. Maybe now he'll think about trespassing just for fun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you know how to drive them.  You're supposed to apply the brakes in such a situation and that will force the tires that are not turning to start turning and would pull him off that car.  Otherwise the Hummer has open diffs front and rear, just like the cheapest SUVs on the civilian market.

Of course, that's only the H1s.  The H2s and H3s are just cheap SUVs wearing Hummer body kits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like at least he tried.  Is this "better"?

http://youtu.be/5y2lb64xY-w  

The H1 SHOULD have locking diffs. No need to apply the brakes. At least they do on the .mil versions
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hummer drivers...
View Quote

Thank you.  This is an awesome phrase.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Transmission... shot.

Differentials... shot.

Engine... shot.

Interior... shot,

View Quote

HUH?

You've never forded water?

He got stuck cause I'll bet that bottom is thick and sticky as hell. He should have known that by the surrounding dirt. If that'd been rocky creek bottom, he would most likely come on through.

I'm NOT saying those hummers are very capable. But that water was doable given a good bottom.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#44]
So close yet so far .
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Red clay muddy water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Water looks funny.

I saw that too....

Red clay muddy water.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#46]
H2 ?

H3  ?

Not real off road vehicles.

A 1984 K5 Blazer with a snorkel would have been better and successful.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

at least he is smart enough to not get insurance involved
openly admitting on a forum that you were trespassing on a work site
and have done so before....

not only would I deny the claim I would drop his insurance as well
we cover stupidity.. we do not cover illegal stupidity
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Young people do stupid things, especially when trying to impress women....I did the almost exact same thing with a 87 XJ on 33's when I was in college trying to impress the girls riding with me,except I was on a buddies property with him. It turned out fine.,It was a little deeper than we thought and it went under,hydrolocked and stopped,  I built the Jeep and know how to work on cars so it was easy.  Had a buddy pull me out, drained all fluids and filters, pulled spark plugs and cranked all of the water out of the engine. My buddies helped me strip the interior. We powerashed the seats and carpet and cleaned the inside. I had done it around midnight and had it running by lunch time the next day.  We put the plugs in and cranked it right up. Ran rough  and wouldn't idle down to less than 1k for about 30 minutes till stuff started drying out. A few months later I had to replace the TCM, with a junkyard unit for $50....the old one had some dirt/dust in it
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Muddy water never looks deep.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top