User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=8&f=6&t=463631

I like this post where you asked if you could bring a cap and ball revolver into Canada three years ago.

And you made this exact same post before:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1150515

Here's a great thread of yours:

http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1589181

What happens if you have to shoot someone in international waters?

Then you ask if you can carry in a Canadian duty free store.  

http://www.ak47.net/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1612844

Not having guns around you seems to be a prevalent theme in a large number of posts you make.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1566883

I'm 30, I don't trust anyone, I hate the idea of roommates for any reason, precisely because of my lack of trust, and general desire to be left the hell alone in privacy. Also I have a large number of guns, and carry everywhere I go, and despise the idea of being unarmed

Exact same thread AGAIN here.

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1530409

I seriously wonder about your state of sanity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to SC this summer, which does not honor my CCW but I could carry in the car.  I also went to a couple of places in Atlanta that required me to disarm, to the point of going through metal detectors.  I felt naked and hypocritical the whole time.

I generally will not go to a place that does not allow me to carry unless I am being paid.  Places like CA, NY etc are off the list for vacationing.  That I don't want to leave money in a raging libtard state is another component of that, maybe the larger component.  Nor do I want to submit to the grotesque loss of rights that is commercial flying today.

Oh and I have seen a lot of the world, mostly I was wearing BDUs and OCing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I like this post where you asked if you could bring a cap and ball revolver into Canada three years ago.

Not having guns around you seems to be a prevalent theme in a large number of posts you make.

I'm 30, I don't trust anyone, I hate the idea of roommates for any reason, precisely because of my lack of trust, and general desire to be left the hell alone in privacy. Also I have a large number of guns, and carry everywhere I go, and despise the idea of being unarmed

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I go places unarmed all of the time.  I ain't skeered.

That being said, go back and read this thread and look at the things y'all are writing.  It reads like a book of quotations from the Brady Bunch, or the comment section of gun control article on Slate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most places I'm fine. I've got a brain and I know how to use it. Jamaica and Mexico are the only places I've gone I refused to travel unarmed.

The slide is always the hardest part to hide or ship. If you've got access to tooling and an imagination, a DB380 slide can be fashioned into a folding corkscrew/bottle opener without comprising the slide's integrity.

Also, these make it easier too...
http://i.imgur.com/d7IhxbHl.jpg

http://polycaseammo.com/products/

ar-jedi

Only the .380 is available so far. They're taking forever to release the .223. I bought a case (don't remember the manufacture) of polymer .223 many years back. It was stupid light and never gave me any issues either. Hoping the Polycase stuff is just as good.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel just fine in rural Michigan.  Really I only carry if I'm in the cities or spending anytime on the road.  Truthfully, more often than not, I'm unarmed yet I have the ability to always carry.

Yeah, I'll pretty much travel anywhere without a gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That being said, go back and read this thread and look at the things y'all are writing.  It reads like a book of quotations from the Brady Bunch, or the comment section of gun control article on Slate.
View Quote

This, there are a lot of people in this thread arguing like anti gun libtards.

Can't live with someones life choices, lash out in ad hominem and hyperbole

If you think not wanting to go to NY or Scotland = delusional paranoia why isn't having a gun collection at all delusional paranoia? (I could have afforded a couple of good trips with my gun collection)

How is "You won't go to CA because you can't carry a gun, you're delusional and paranoid," not the same as "You won't go to CA because you can't carry a gun, you're delusional and paranoid." ?????

This thread is eye opening.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I go unarmed quite often.  It's not the end of the world for me, yet, when that's the case.  Life is full of risks.  You have to measure them against the rewards and act accordingly.  And I'm GTG for concealed carry in all 50 States.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you think not wanting to go to NY or Scotland = delusional paranoia why isn't having a gun collection at all delusional paranoia? (I could have afforded a couple of good trips with my gun collection)

How is "You won't go to CA because you can't carry a gun, you're delusional and paranoid," not the same as "You won't go to CA because you can't carry a gun, you're delusional and paranoid." ?????

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, OP is level 8 wackadoo, considering this is one of many of the exact VERY PARANOIA CENTRIC threads he's started.

Secondly:

Your argument is complete bullshit.

Saying "you won't go to (insert place here) because you can't carry a gun makes you paranoid" is NOT AT ALL the same thing as saying "You're paranoid because you carry a gun."  That's a logical fallacy if there ever was one, and you should be ashamed of your intellectual dishonesty in even stating that.

This thread did not go as OP (or you) had planned, because you and him saying shit like that is, at root, fucking weird, and makes gun owners look bad.  You've even got a moderator bagging on people who say things like this, if I may appeal to authority.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not about to curtail my travel plans, because I can't carry a gun somewhere, but just go look over this thread and it's the same arguments and ad hominems used to argue why you don't need a gun, or a ccw in the first place.

Quoted:

First off, OP is level 8 wackadoo, considering this is one of many of the exact VERY PARANOIA CENTRIC threads he's started.  Perhaps, but I'm not real familiar with OP.

Secondly:

Saying "you won't go to (insert place here) because you can't carry a gun makes you paranoid" is NOT AT ALL the same thing as saying "You're paranoid because you carry a gun."  That's a logical fallacy if there ever was one, and you should be ashamed of your intellectual dishonesty in even stating that.

This thread did not go as OP (or you) had planned, because you and him saying shit like that is, at root, fucking weird, and makes gun owners look bad.  You've even got a moderator bagging on people who say things like this, if I may appeal to authority.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First off, OP is level 8 wackadoo, considering this is one of many of the exact VERY PARANOIA CENTRIC threads he's started.  Perhaps, but I'm not real familiar with OP.

Secondly:

Quoted:
OP was most likely one of those kids who refused to do anything without his security blankie, and now that he's an adult he's transferred that mentality to a gun. It really is, no joking no snark, very sad.

Quoted:
"T'AINT NO PLACE WORTH VISITING WHAT I CAN'T CARRY A GUN WITH ME."

What those of you sound like who say facepalm-y shit like that.

Quoted:
"Compromise" is compromising one's life experiences out of an irrational attachment to a pacifier.

All we need is a few more pics of shirtless dudes intimating that OP isn't a real man, maybe a few jokes about OP's penis, an explanation that the police are there to protect you, and we'll have covered all of the usual points.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sheep probably didn't think so!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the way, I got laid on a different continent last week

I once had sex, outside, in the middle of the Scottish highlands.

Glad I'm not too paranoid to get out of the house....
The sheep probably didn't think so!  

Heyoooo! I was just waiting for someone to make that joke, I'm surprised it took that long
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't know how else to describe it.  I was passing building that appeared to have been shelled.  Collapsed roofs, holes blown through walls, building debris strewn outward across the side walk, and street, and these were masonry buildings.  I don't know how else to describe it except blast damage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also would not travel to Detroit.  The last time I was there was because I was forced off of the freeway, it is a world of burned, [/b]blast damaged buildings[/b], razor wire, and debris.

RPGs and IEDs and JDAMs n shit!  

I don't know how else to describe it.  I was passing building that appeared to have been shelled.  Collapsed roofs, holes blown through walls, building debris strewn outward across the side walk, and street, and these were masonry buildings.  I don't know how else to describe it except blast damage.

How about disrepair? Because we both know it wasn't shelled.

S_A_C- I'm being 100% honest here. I've been around and seen some things and done some things in my life, and I genuinely think you would benefit from some counseling. Being prepared is one thing, but you have an unhealthy paranoia, that may end up manifesting itself in a very dangerous way someday. I'm not saying this based on your refusal to travel, but more based on your attitude and some of the things you've said. I'm not trying to belittle you or make you feel stupid.

Full disclosure so you don't think I'm being an ass: I've seen a counselor twice in my life. Yes, I just admitted that in GD. Please find someone, I think it could help you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not about to curtail my travel plans, because I can't carry a gun somewhere, but just go look over this thread and it's the same arguments and ad hominems used to argue why you don't need a gun, or a ccw in the first place.
View Quote

Except that's not what it's about at all.  I have a CCW here in Florida.  Ergo, I certainly have no problem with CCWs.  I post pictures of my guns all the time, so I'm definitely a gun owner.  You, like the guy a couple of posts above you, is trying to make this something it is not.

The fact of the matter is, saying "Durr, I ain't travelin' out of the gunusphere" in multiple threads makes you look insane.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"making virtue out of necessity."
View Quote

That's deep.

And probably completely true.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went to SC this summer, which does not honor my CCW but I could carry in the car.  I also went to a couple of places in Atlanta that required me to disarm, to the point of going through metal detectors.  I felt naked and hypocritical the whole time.

I generally will not go to a place that does not allow me to carry unless I am being paid.  Places like CA, NY etc are off the list for vacationing.  That I don't want to leave money in a raging libtard state is another component of that, maybe the larger component.  Nor do I want to submit to the grotesque loss of rights that is commercial flying today.

View Quote

There is a HUGE difference in carrying everywhere you can, whenever you can and refusing to travel anywhere you can't carry, allowing the carry of a gun to essentially run  your life.

When I lived in OR I had an OR permit and a UT permit. I'd drive cross country and carry in every state I could. I live in CA now...I'm not going to admit to anything here.

Even though I think carrying is a wise choice, I'm not going to allow that to run my life and keep me from traveling to places I really want to see. That would be paranoid.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First off, OP is level 8 wackadoo, considering this is one of many of the exact VERY PARANOIA CENTRIC threads he's started.

Secondly:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Secondly:

Your argument is complete bullshit, filled with ad hominess and hyperbole all compiled by conjecture through a computer screen.  (The second worst kind of libtard argument.)

You state "Not going somewhere because they don't let you carry guns is paranoid" (throw in a bunch of hyperbole and personal attacks and snide ass remarks.)  It follows that; wanting to have/carry a gun makes you paranoid.

You really have a poor grasp of logic yet accuse others of the same (the worst kind of libtard argument)

And the thread has apparently very much went in favor of the OP, as only 35% of the poll respondents agree with you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There is a HUGE difference in carrying everywhere you can, whenever you can and refusing to travel anywhere you can't carry, allowing the carry of a gun to essentially run  your life.

When I lived in OR I had an OR permit and a UT permit. I'd drive cross country and carry in every state I could. I live in CA now...I'm not going to admit to anything here.

Even though I think carrying is a wise choice, I'm not going to allow that to run my life and keep me from traveling to places I really want to see. That would be paranoid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all make decisions based on personal security.  Whether it require not going somewhere, surrendering your right to self defense, or breaking the law-as you suggest (in an absolutely asinine way.)  To call another person insane/paranoid/ inbred etc based on their decisions is, really seems just a sign of how insecure about your own choices you are.  So is your posting about fucking someone in the Scottish Highlands.  WHOOP-DEE-FUCKING-DOO, I've had sex in beautiful places that honor my CCW so there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your argument is complete bullshit, filled with ad hominess and hyperbole all compiled by conjecture through a computer screen.  (The second worst kind of libtard argument.)

You state "Not going somewhere because they don't let you carry guns is paranoid" (throw in a bunch of hyperbole and personal attacks and snide ass remarks.)  It follows that; wanting to have/carry a gun makes you paranoid.

You really have a poor grasp of logic yet accuse others of the same (the worst kind of libtard argument)

And the thread has apparently very much went in favor of the OP, as only 35% of the poll respondents agree with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Secondly:

Might want to read the poll again, Gomer.  The majority of people don't agree with the OP.  A scary amount of people DO agree with him, but most don't.

And hurr, I'm a libtard.  With guns, a CCW, and even a suppressor.  How ultra libtard of me.

Again:

Scroll up the list of past threads from the OP.  Then tell me he's not insane.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We all make decisions based on personal security.  Whether it require not going somewhere, surrendering your right to self defense, or breaking the law-as you suggest (in an absolutely asinine way.)  To call another person insane/paranoid/ inbred etc based on their decisions is, really seems just a sign of how insecure about your own choices you are.  So is your posting about fucking someone in the Scottish Highlands.  WHOOP-DEE-FUCKING-DOO, I've had sex in beautiful places that honor my CCW so there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, I'd suggest reading through again because if anyone is insecure in their choices it seems to be YOU. "whoop-dee-fucking-doo"....."so there".....who sounds like a child?

As far as the Highlands, that wasn't supposed to be a genuine reason to travel- I thought that was obvious. Just for clarification, I wasn't "fucking someone". I took my wife there because we missed our 10 year anniversary due to my being in AFG. It was probably the best 2 weeks of my life, and I would have missed out on it if I was too paranoid to leave my gun at home.

Refusal to travel this beautiful world because you can't have a gun on you 24/7 IS paranoid. You can't argue it. As stated above, it seems pretty obvious that people who make this "decision" probably never intended to travel anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You know, I'd suggest reading through again because if anyone is insecure in their choices it seems to be YOU. "whoop-dee-fucking-doo"....."so there".....who sounds like a child?

As far as the Highlands, that wasn't supposed to be a genuine reason to travel- I thought that was obvious. Just for clarification, I wasn't "fucking someone". I took my wife there because we missed our 10 year anniversary due to my being in AFG. It was probably the best 2 weeks of my life, and I would have missed out on it if I was too paranoid to leave my gun at home.

Refusal to travel this beautiful world because you can't have a gun on you 24/7 IS paranoid. You can't argue it. As stated above, it seems pretty obvious that people who make this "decision" probably never intended to travel anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a thread running right now about Barcelona, and in it, someone mentioned the Sagrada Familia.

Now, that was a pretty amazing thing to see, and I would love to go back and see it again. To miss out on something like that, because I couldn't carry a gun there...? No thanks. I'm glad I decided to chance it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There's a thread running right now about Barcelona, and in it, someone mentioned the Sagrada Familia.

Now, that was a pretty amazing thing to see, and I would love to go back and see it again. To miss out on something like that, because I couldn't carry a gun there...? No thanks. I'm glad I decided to chance it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, the pictures look incredible. I love Europe. Don't get me wrong- I love the U.S. but we just don't have the history like Europe does. It's awe inspiring to see architecture so old...to stand in a 4,000 year old stone circle. Seriously, it's amazing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I turned down an assignment to CA when I was AD.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't visit, because CA is a beautiful state...I just won't live there.  Also, I forgot that most people will never leave CONUS...so there's that too.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Might want to read the poll again, Gomer.  The majority of people don't agree with the OP.  A scary amount of people DO agree with him, but most don't.

And hurr, I'm a libtard.  With guns, a CCW, and even a suppressor.  How ultra libtard of me.

Again:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Secondly:

Again:

You might want to re-read the poll options.  Only 35% are willing to surrender their rights.  The rest either don't go, break the law and surrender rights only when absolutely necessary. (That would be me)

I shouldn't be surprised you don't understand the poll, as indicated by your self evident lack of reading comprehension.  I did not call you a libtard- I said you argue like a libtard.  Which is again evident in this post.  And owning guns, CCWing etc does NO mean you aren't a libtard, another logical falacy on your part.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

As crazy as the OP is, I will back him up on this.  I went to Detroit and got off course near Wayne State's campus (I think that's what it was) and it looked like a scene from The Road.  

There were buildings that could best be described as bombed out, with bums inside I shit you not kicking rubble back and forth.

No good reason to go back to Detroit, although the OP should like it given their mayor is apparently encouraging everyone to carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also would not travel to Detroit.  The last time I was there was because I was forced off of the freeway, it is a world of burned, [/b]blast damaged buildings[/b], razor wire, and debris.

As crazy as the OP is, I will back him up on this.  I went to Detroit and got off course near Wayne State's campus (I think that's what it was) and it looked like a scene from The Road.  

There were buildings that could best be described as bombed out, with bums inside I shit you not kicking rubble back and forth.

No good reason to go back to Detroit, although the OP should like it given their mayor is apparently encouraging everyone to carry.

That's about the same area of the city I was.  I failed to mention the iron bars, and chain-link fences across every store front, and high razor wire fences on the roofs.

Don't know about the mayor (I HIGHLY doubt it), but the police chief is.  That is the first step toward fixing Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just thinking the same thing.

The arguments I have been seeing are the same ones I see coming from the antis, that just because you believe that self defense (and by extension carrying a gun) is a basic human right, and do not believe human rights can be "compromised" on, and have made the personal choice to be responsible for your own security by actually carrying a gun that you are somehow paranoid for preparing for a worse case scenario.  They have even broke out the tired old "you don't need a gun, if you were just a ninja" routine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

S_A_C- I'm being 100% honest here. I've been around and seen some things and done some things in my life, and I genuinely think you would benefit from some counseling. Being prepared is one thing, but you have an unhealthy paranoia, that may end up manifesting itself in a very dangerous way someday. I'm not saying this based on your refusal to travel, but more based on your attitude and some of the things you've said. I'm not trying to belittle you or make you feel stupid.

Full disclosure so you don't think I'm being an ass: I've seen a counselor twice in my life. Yes, I just admitted that in GD. Please find someone, I think it could help you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was not just simple disrepair, I don't know what happened, but I honestly know no better way to describe it than damage from an explosion, I'm talking about holes in THE MIDDLE of old multi layer masonry walls with debris cast outward across the ground, complete with the expected charring.  Look at pictures of Beirut, or Grozny that's what it looked like, no exaggeration.  Some buildings looked more like London during the Blitz.

What have I said that's paranoid?  That owning a gun, and carrying it for self defense is a human right?  That I am unwilling to "compromise" away my rights, or give tax money, and legitimacy to those who would take my rights?  That bad things can happen even in "safe" places so it's best to be prepared?  That a gun trumps a pointy stick?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
It's been explained to you quite a few times.

You're paranoid because you're letting it rule your life. You're missing out on something you want to do (supposedly) because you're too scared to go anywhere without a gun. That's not normal, it's paranoid.

You can say you refuse to give up rights but you already have. Do you own a machine gun? Didn't think so. You've already given up some rights, and your money already goes to a government  that takes those rights. Face facts.

I hope you don't end up an old man full of regrets looking back on a life you could have lived but were too scared to. Yep, bad things can happen anywhere and it's best to carry when you can...but not at the expense of living life. You should watch finding nemo there's a great line in there about how if you never let anything happen...then nothing ever happens ;)

Oh and I've been in a war zone (literally) and I've been in Detroit. Stop being so dramatic.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The arguments I have been seeing are the same ones I see coming from the antis, that just because you believe that self defense (and by extension carrying a gun) is a basic human right, and do not believe human rights can be "compromised" on, and have made the personal choice to be responsible for your own security by actually carrying a gun that you are somehow paranoid for preparing for a worse case scenario.  They have even broke out the tired old "you don't need a gun, if you were just a ninja" routine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody has said anything of the sort, but if that's what you want to believe...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You're paranoid because you're letting it rule your life. You're missing out on something you want to do (supposedly) because you're too scared to go anywhere without a gun. That's not normal, it's paranoid.

You can say you refuse to give up rights but you already have. Do you own a machine gun? Didn't think so. You've already given up some rights, and your money already goes to a government  that takes those rights. Face facts.

I hope you don't end up an old man full of regrets looking back on a life you could have lived but were too scared to. Yep, bad things can happen anywhere and it's best to carry when you can...but not at the expense of living life. You should watch finding nemo there's a great line in there about how if you never let anything happen...then nothing ever happens ;)

Oh and I've been in a war zone (literally) and I've been in Detroit. Stop being so dramatic.
View Quote

I can't help what the evil bastards in the federal government do, but I can damn sure refrain from helping other evil bastards.

It's not that I am scared to go it's that I find rendering myself defenseless an unacceptable price to travel.  What's perhaps even more important though is WHY I would have to disarm, it is not for any logical reason it's to obey oppressive nonsensical laws passed to appease the hoplophobic commie leftist morons that think their safer by being defenseless, and that the all powerful government can save them if they just blow their magical rape whistle, I refuse to let those bastards win, I will not give them an inch, or a cent of my money.  They want me disarmed, I will not do it for the simple fact that it is what they want, and I will not give them what they want.  They can burn in hell.

You can think I'm exaggerating about Detroit, but I am not.  That is what I saw.  What part of the city were you in?  The green zone? (the downtown area encircled by the "people mover" (monorail) tracks)  It's not so bad down town, leave their, and it's like a whole different country (and continent).  The area I am describing can be found roughly where I-94, and I-75 meet, and along the main roads through the city near there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
You are choosing to live a sad, small little life. You will miss out on a remarkable world of experiences, culture, history. You will never walk the beaches of normandy, sit upon the throne of charlemagne, or dip your toes into the nile. Castles, tombs, engineering marvels of antiquity, the worlds holy places... these are not for you to see for you are a small man in a small world.

you're fuckin' up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:31:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can't help what the evil bastards in the federal government do, but I can damn sure refrain from helping other evil bastards.

It's not that I am scared to go it's that I find rendering myself defenseless an unacceptable price to travel.  What's perhaps even more important though is WHY I would have to disarm, it is not for any logical reason it's to obey oppressive nonsensical laws passed to appease the hoplophobic commie leftist morons that think their safer by being defenseless, and that the all powerful government can save them if they just blow their magical rape whistle, I refuse to let those bastards win, I will not give them an inch, or a cent of my money.  They want me disarmed, I will not do it for the simple fact that it is what they want, and I will not give them what they want.  They can burn in hell.

You can think I'm exaggerating about Detroit, but I am not.  That is what I saw.  What part of the city were you in?  The green zone? (the downtown area encircled by the "people mover" (monorail) tracks)  It's not so bad down town, leave their, and it's like a whole different country (and continent).  The area I am describing can be found roughly where I-94, and I-75 meet, and along the main roads through the city near there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Justify it how you want, but if you TRULY want to travel (I don't believe it) you're going to end up regretting it. Not having a gun=/= defenseless. Yes, they are small minded morons. I get it. Nobody here disagrees. THere's no reason to let them run your life though.

Seriously, consider counseling.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Justify it how you want, but if you TRULY want to travel (I don't believe it) you're going to end up regretting it. Not having a gun=/= defenseless. Yes, they are small minded morons. I get it. Nobody here disagrees. THere's no reason to let them run your life though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been through that exact are in Detroit. Unarmed.

Guess what? I'm still alive. No one fucked with me.

I've also been through worse areas in third world countries. Still here, untouched.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's not that I am scared to go it's that I find rendering myself defenseless an unacceptable price to travel.
View Quote

so in your world, what other risks have you eliminated?

for example:
every year about 35,000 people are killed on US roads in passenger vehicle accidents.
another million or so are seriously injured.

i assume you don't drive then.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I've not left the country yet, but travel to other states.

I don't mind compromising, but I would prefer not to.

However, I live in CA, and am not 21, so I can't carry anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have said exactly that and they/you seem perfectly willing to throw mental health diagnoses out over the internet, something else libtards are really famous for.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

People have said exactly that and they/you seem perfectly willing to throw mental health diagnoses out over the internet, something else libtards are really famous for.

View Quote

Bullshit. Stop making stuff up.

1. Nobody EVER said self defense is not a right.
2. Nobody EVER said carrying is unnecessary.
3. Nobody EVER said you shouldn't carry when you can.
4. I gave NO diagnosis- don't even pretend for a second that I did. What I DID say is that if you are so paranoid you can't go anywhere without a gun, you should consider seeing a counselor. I'm not a counselor and I gave no diagnosis. Stop with that disingenuous bullshit.
5. Changing the argument to something you can make claims against- THAT is classic libtard. Nobody said the above things, but that's what you want to pretend so you can "win".... so if you want to keep arguing, argue with what I'm actually saying, not what you WANT me to say.

You claim that it's perfectly acceptable to live your entire life in a few states in order to be armed with a gun. Many of us (those who have actually traveled) are saying it's ridiculous to be so paranoid you can't travel without a gun. Note that that is NOT the same as being defenseless or unarmed.

ETA- read the other threads he's posted. You really think he couldn't benefit from some counseling?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#37]
It is a big scary world outside of Mom's basement!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just love throwing out those token words like "commie" and "hoplophobic" don't you? You sound ridiculous dude.

Just because a country doesn't allow carry of firearms doesn't make them "commies", nor does it make them "hoplophobic."

Get a grip.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You just love throwing out those token words like "commie" and "hoplophobic" don't you? You sound ridiculous dude.

Just because a country doesn't allow carry of firearms doesn't make them "commies", nor does it make them "hoplophobic."

Get a grip.
View Quote

This.

What will you do if you get a job that requires travel OP?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#40]
CAN'T SLEEP, LIBTARDS WILL EAT ME.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Get a grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip.

No?  What would you call banning guns?  These countries are run by people akin to dian feinstrin, and chuck schumer, how would you describe them if not hoplophic commies?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No?  What would you call banning guns?  These countries are run by people akin to dian feinstrin, and chuck schumer, how would you describe them if not hoplophic commies?
View Quote

If you had ever been there you'd know a few things:

- They GENUINELY don't have the same culture we have. The right to keep and bear arms isn't on their radar (for the most part, there are exceptions of course)
- Most of them seem baffled that we still have guns. Not because they're scared, but they TRULY just don't see the need.

This doesn't make them bad people, just different people (WRONG people IMO, but not BAD). This is a lot different than politicians in the states who pass unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip.

This.

Resign.  If ever I get a job that could possibly require business travel, I will be very clear in the interview process that my working there is conditional on not leaving CONUS, going to certain red (as in commie) states, or boarding a commercial plane, I will not say why, but I will make my position very clear, if they choose to hire me fine, if they don't fine, but if they do I will respectfully refuse, should that fail I will request reassignment, should that fail I will turn in my resignation.

I would deliberately seek jobs in which travel is NOT required, I am fine sitting in a cubical.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Resign.  If ever I get a job that could possibly require business travel, I will be very clear in the interview process that my working there is conditional on not leaving CONUS, going to certain red (as in commie) states, or boarding a commercial plane, I will not say why, but I will make my position very clear, if they choose to hire me fine, if they don't fine, but if they do I will respectfully refuse, should that fail I will request reassignment, should that fail I will turn in my resignation.

I would deliberately seek jobs in which travel is NOT required, I am fine sitting in a cubical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip.

This.

Wow.

You don't want to travel. You tell yourself you do, but you don't.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#45]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[\b]

View All Quotes
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[\b]

Ok.  Whatever works.

Quoted:

This doesn't make them bad people, just different people (WRONG people IMO, but not BAD). This is a lot different than politicians in the states who pass unconstitutional laws.

This.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wow.

View Quote

Again, this.  Don't kid yourself OP.  It's just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip.

This.

Wow.

I would love to travel, there are simply some locations I will not travel to.

FYI I traveled extensively growing up, and have been to at last count about 24 states, I would love to travel more if I could, there is much to see in Free America.  There is also much to see in the Occupied Territories, and abroad, but sadly those places are currently off limits barring National Reciprocity, and Diplomatic Immunity.  I would love to visit the Field Museum, and the 9/11 Memorial for example, but there locations in Illinois, and New York respectively, may as well be the Moon, and Mars.  London is on Alpha Centari.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#48]
*facepalm*

The Field is in a relatively crime free location and I'd say if you stayed right downtown the worst thing you'd have to deal with is some homeless people.

I've lived in this area my whole life.  I'd go downtown in a heartbeat.  Sure there are neighborhoods I'd stay out of but you should be fine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yikes

OP is the embodiment of the "paranoid and crazy" stereotype that liberals try to put on gun owners.

30 fucking years old too
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I would love to travel, there are simply some locations I will not travel to.

FYI I traveled extensively growing up, and have been to at last count about 24 states, I would love to travel more if I could, there is much to see in Free America.  There is also much to see in the Occupied Territories, and abroad, but sadly those places are currently off limits barring National Reciprocity, and Diplomatic Immunity.  I would love to visit the Field Museum, and the 9/11 Memorial for example, but there locations in Illinois, and New York respectively, may as well be the Moon, and Mars.  London is on Alpha Centari.
View Quote

24 states is not traveling extensively. My kids have seen more of the world than you, and that's sad. You wouldn't love to travel, but you say you would. It's not "the moon"...only your attitude makes it so.

I once sat in an Irish pub and listened as teenage girls and old men in their 80s sang songs about Irish freedom from the UK. Can you even imagine how incredibly moving that was? I've seen Okinawan battlefields where our Marines fought. Some day I will walk the beaches of Normandy. I've seen the memorial of William Wallace, and the Culloden battlefield where the Scots fought the British. I jumped out of a C-17 onto a Thai airfield, and then stuffed my face with traditional Thai food and shot the shit with Thai soldiers. I saw Niagara Falls with a beautiful woman.  I've driven coast to coast FOUR times.

You will never experience these things. So sad.

I haven't traveled THAT much...but 24 states? FFS, that's nothing.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top