BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know, I think owning a tattoo removal joint would be the best fucking business bar none right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if you work at a tattoo shop?

My friend who works at one with a tattoo on his face has no problem making over $100k a year.

I know, I think owning a tattoo removal joint would be the best fucking business bar none right now.

FIFY
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Rubendall, Kings Avenue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I think owning a tattoo joint would be the best fucking business bar none right now.

My friend Mike owns the two best shops in NY, one in NYC and one on Long Island. He works 5-6 days a week for 10 hours a day and charges $300/hour. He is currently booked solid for 3 years in advance. Lets just say he makes a wee bit more than $100k.

Mike who?  What shops?

Rubendall, Kings Avenue.

Meh. Mike Rubendall's work is ok, but Niki is probably the best artist in the world, especially when it comes to black and grey.

http://instagram.com/niki23gtr
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Once I lived dangerously and wore a temporary tattoo on the back of my hand.

Felt like a Hells Angel for a while.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
" I'm a People Person....and think I would fit in well with your company"

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's all fun and games until the tattoo trend finally jumps the shark and you are stuck with the modern equivalent of a mullet permanently etched on your skin.  

It's going to happen, mark my words.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
" I'm a People Person....and think I would fit in well with your company"

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-xlKNr85esZw/UWVV7bDCmkI/AAAAAAAEwyM/zxrJZO1JUTY/bad-tattoos-regret-26_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800
View Quote

Guess what he sees in the mirror every day...

UOY KCUF

lol
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Back when I was in pilot training in the late 90s, one of the Navy guys had just had his "winging."  He went out and got a huge set of naval aviator wings across his lower back.  We all thought it was badass.  Fast forward a few years... and lower back tattoos have become "tramp stamps."  Yep.  To this day, the only tattoo I have is the pair of narwhals with the crossed tusks on my lower back.  I'm afraid to get anything else out of fear that it won't be faddish when my unborn children grow up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh. Mike Rubendall's work is ok, but Niki is probably the best artist in the world, especially when it comes to black and grey.
http://instagram.com/niki23gtr
View Quote

I don't have anything from him, I prefer Shige's Japanese stuff over his. I don't have enough space left for a big piece anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've learned here everyone with tattoos makes over a hundred grand a year, and the more tattoos the more they make.  It's not intuitive, but it's TRUE!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if you work at a tattoo shop?

My friend who works at one with a tattoo on his face has no problem making over $100k a year.

I've learned here everyone with tattoos makes over a hundred grand a year, and the more tattoos the more they make.  It's not intuitive, but it's TRUE!  

Certainly not everyone but, there are a great many very lucrative trades and career paths out there where appearance is meaningless.

I work in telcom now and I'd say better than 80 percent of our field techs and tower climbers have hand/face/neck tats of ALL manner of subject matter. I don't have one guy in the field, right now, making under $100K and some are well above it. Hell, we need hands so badly right now we're hiring assholes without licenses to ride in our company vehicles because they can do the job, they just can't get to it. We don't give a fuck what they look like, we ONLY care that they can climb to 300 feet and turn a wrench at the same time. We hire half from the neck up and the other half from the neck down and tats are a non-fucking issue.

Things were very similar to when I was in IT Operations, before moving to this gig. Geeks and tats seem to go together like peas and carrots and we never cared what they looked like if they had the chops to geek. Many of those jobs *started* at $100K and several started curving flat in the $300K range.

All of that said, even as a dirty inkie myself, I have to say that I'm biased against people with facial tats and to some degree neck tats. It shows poor impulse control, in my mind. There's been many people who have proved my theory wrong but, that's my default starting position until someone shows me that it doesn't apply to them, personally.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I know a guy with a face tattoo, he has a hard time finding decent job.........then again those pentagrams tattooed on his arms don't help either (laughed my ass of when he told me one lady thought they were swastikas).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top